• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Extreme Rules - WWE Championship - Last Man Standing: John Cena (c) VS Ryback

20130415_Light_ER_Match_CenaRyback_HOMEPAGE.jpg

Here we are, the likely candidate to close the show, unless for some reason Lesnar and Trips get to go last. This for sure will be one of the last matches of the night. If Cena and Ryback don't close then I see it going on next to last, or maybe even third to last with the tag team title match in between this match and Trips VS Lesnar if they close. The build has been impressive so I hope that the match will be good as well. Ryback wouldn't be believable if he won here. I would much rather this match have taken place later on when Ryback has had a chance to regain some momentum after a large number of big losses. Oh well. This is our WWE Championship match so I will still go into it with expectations of a decent match.

Cena is most likely going to win. I don't think Ryback would make sense getting the title yet. He's had WAY too many big losses ever since Hell In a Cell. His momentum is gone. It's good that he got a title shot and I do look forward to the match, it's just that all signs point toward Cena retaining. I don't see the feud continuing after this show either. Ryback will go into some filler feuds to regain the momentum he desperately needs in order to be WWE Championship material, while Cena goes on to face some other heel, maybe Henry although I really hope that's not what we will be stuck with at the next PPV event. Anyways.... Cena retains and closes the show still WWE Champion is my predicted outcome here.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Cena will retain the WWE Championship.

It will end with Cena hitting a huge move and being almost up to answer the 10 count before his Achilles gives out and he collapses leading to a draw. This protects Ryback from losing and it shows that Cena would have beaten him if not injured so he is protected as well.

When I heard it was Ryback vs Cena in a LMS match, I was really looking forward, but honestly this build up has been lacking some action. We have seen Ryback in action but it hasn't been different from the last couple of months, he is still a beast, vicious but not *I'm going to have a LMS match against one of the toughest son of a bitches in this businees* vicious.

I'm saying that we haven't seen Ryback prove to anyone that he can beat Cena or that he can't stay down for a 10 count. We have seen a build up like it was a regular match...

I'm just hoping that the match itself is going to be very physical and like LSN said, it could be really interesting to see Ryback pull a Batista and do something that keep both men on the ground. There's no sense for this match to end with Ryback as champion and he can't look weak, he hasn't won a single PPV.

This is a tough one. With Punk gone until August, who will face Cena if he wins cleanly tonight? Ryback isn't ready and the WWE Championship doesn't need to start playing hot potato again. Cena wins here. Idk if it'll be close, but Cena will look like Superman in the end. He needs a convincing dominant win. There just needs to be a way to end it without making Ryback look too weak.

Cena wins this hands down.

It'll be a finish that'll piss us off, like Ryback being tied to the ring post or being pinned under a bunch of garbage in order to not stand up before the count of ten. Best case scenario is to have them both not make the 10 count and continue the feud until Summerslam or whatever so they don't burn through heels for Cena to beat.

However, just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's going to be done. Cena will win this match clean because you need Cena to look strong for whenever Punk comes back.

I thought this was a really good match, they threw everything at each other and neither man could keep the other down and the finish looked great even if it was a bit of a riff on the Taker/Batista LMS match. Usually I'd be against a gimmick match as the first match between two guys but the stip afforded them the logical draw finish.

It's a shame they booked Ryback as such a whiny chump on the way to the PPV instead of a monstrous threat.

Even though I don't like Cena's wrestling, I thought this was a good match, much better than Cena/Rock at WM29. The only complaint I have is the double knock-out. I think it cheapens the match when they both are down. I remember Triple H vs. Chris Jericho, when they were both down at the end and then Triple H got up just in time to win before collapsing again, or when Cena tied up Batista using duct tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back