WWE Extreme Rules 2013 Discussion & Aftermath

It's hard to tell before seeing who/if anyone is taken out on Raw tomorrow. My guess for the main event is Cena and Rock vs The Shield.

I see people predicting Orton vs Sheamus vs Show, did they implode? I thought I read that Show just turned on the two faces?

I imagine there'll be a Swagger/Del Rio rematch but I hope not.

Ryback vs Henry in a cage match is my other prediction after the odd outcome of their Mania match.

It's hard to tell before seeing who/if anyone is taken out on Raw tomorrow. My guess for the main event is Cena and Rock vs The Shield.

I see people predicting Orton vs Sheamus vs Show, did they implode? I thought I read that Show just turned on the two faces?

I imagine there'll be a Swagger/Del Rio rematch but I hope not.

Ryback vs Henry in a cage match is my other prediction after the odd outcome of their Mania match.
whats really interesting to me is that Show didn't exactly turn heel. Orton pissed him off and he reacted in anger. It could have actually just been planting the seeds for an Orton heel turn.

I think Rock won't fight Cena in a rematch at ER. It will probably be Rock and Cena in a tag team match. Just not sure yet, who their opponents will be. Maybe a heel Orton and Cena's next opponent. Who knows? But ER is "too small" of a PPV for them to do another Cena-Rock match. Rock might get attacked tonight, and Cena will come out and help him, setting up the tag team match.

Well tonight I'd say completely ruled out my theory of Rock and Cena vs The Shield. Rock will be gone for the foreseeable future if not for good.

The reports suggested that Rock and Brock would both work Extreme Rules as Punk wouldn't be, but things seem to have taken another turn and I'll just toss a theory out there.

The segment tonight with Taker and The shield was to set up a six man at Extreme Rules with Taker working an extra PPV to add another draw to the card now Rock wont be working it.

Triple H is on SD this week which is very unusual, now he could just be there to mouth off and maybe make a fool out of some mid card act, but I wouldn't rule out Heyman showing up and challenging Triple H to a rubber match with Lesnar at Extreme Rules.

Ziggler vs Del Rio in a rematch seems likely.

Also tonight they appeared to turn Ryback heel but it seems too soon to do Cena vs Ryback, especially since he lost at Mania, so personally I'd somehow wedge Sheamus into this mix and have Cena vs Henry and Ryback vs Sheamus as a triple threat of Cena vs Henry vs Ryback doesn't appeal to me at all, I like my monster heels in one on one matches.

So my (most likely wrong) PPV card prediction:

WWE title match - John Cena vs Mark Henry

Submission Match - Triple H vs Brock Lesnar

Street fight - Taker & Team Hell No vs The Shield

WHC match - Dolph Ziggler vs Del Rio

Falls count anywhere - Randy Orton vs Big show

Ryback vs Sheamus

Y2J vs Fandango

whats really interesting to me is that Show didn't exactly turn heel. Orton pissed him off and he reacted in anger. It could have actually just been planting the seeds for an Orton heel turn.

Yeah it seems more of an implosion than a heel turn, I mean Show didn't ever really turn face. Judging from tonight's poll vote and the fact Show focused his attack on Orton, we will see these two face off at Extreme Rules.

After reading the SD spoilers, it seems like Undertaker was just used as a way to transition Hell No onto a feud with Shield. I would very much prefer if they do the 6-man-tag, but they came out to save Triple H as well. I'm guessing it will be Hell No/Shield going forward.

So at Extreme Rules I think we're going to get:

1. WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs. Ryback
2. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. The Big Show (Maybe a #1 Contender's match)
3. WWE Tag Team Championship: Kane and Daniel Bryan (c) vs. The Shield
4. World Heavyweight Championship: Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler (c)
5. Chris Jericho vs. Fandango II
6. WWE Intercontinental Championship: The Miz vs. Wade Barrett (c) III
7. WWE Diva's Championship: Kaitlyn (c) vs. AJ
8. ??? vs. Mark Henry (They can't leave Henry off the card after beating Ryback... He either faces someone or is added to match #1 or #2)

Judging from tonight's poll vote and the fact Show focused his attack on Orton, we will see these two face off at Extreme Rules.

Yeah that was my thought aswell. And with Del Rio moving onto Ziggler now, it'll free up both Jack Swagger and Sheamus for a feud, which would be the next logical booking for Swagger's current storyline. If Sheamus does end up in a Triple Threat with Orton and Show at Extreme Rules, I have no idea who else Jack Swagger could face. Well I have Cena in mind, who he could feud with over who's the true "American superhero" in the company and accuse of not being a "real american", bringing up that he's of Italian descent, but Cena is obviously gonna be busy with Ryback now, so maybe Swagger could feud with him in the future instead.

Anyway, as for my PPV predictions:

1) WWE Championship - John Cena vs. Ryback in an Extreme Rules match

2) World Heavyweight Championship - Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Steel Cage match

3) The Shield vs. The Undertaker & Team Hell No in a 6-Man Street Fight match

4) Jack Swagger vs. Sheamus in a Falls Count Anywhere match

5) Randy Orton vs. Big Show in a Stretcher match

6) Chris Jericho vs. Fandango in a Tables match

7) Divas Championship - Kaitlyn vs. AJ in a No DQ match

Pre Show) Intercontinental Championship - Wade Barrett vs. The Miz in a 2-Out-of-3-Falls match

Don't know what they could do with Mark Henry. Maybe they could set up something between Triple H and Mark Henry next week on RAW and have them face each off at Extreme Rules.

Or Henry could be a part of the WWE Championship match, making it a Triple Threat, and that way Ryback wouldn't have to take the pinfall, allowing Cena & Ryback to continue to feud with each other after the PPV.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that, as of right now, the plan is for Kane & Daniel Bryan to defend the WWE Tag Team Championship against two members of The Shield at the Extreme Rules ppv. It's expected that this is also where Kane & Bryan will drop the titles. As to which two members of The Shield it's going to be, there's no word on that. I think it's likely, however, that the pair will include Roman Reigns so that the team will have a powerhouse on Kane's level.

In a related note, the report says that there aren't any plans for Taker to be involved in the feud "right now", but that doesn't mean that a potential feud with The Shield at some point won't happen. I'm guessing that, at this point, Team Hell No coming to Taker's aid was a means of establishing Team Hell No's presence & feud with The Shield. Starting it off on a high note. Taker was said to be feeling good and doing well following his match with CM Punk at WrestleMania, so maybe he will be healthy enough to work in some sort of match involving The Shield. If such a thing does go down, SummerSlam or Survivor Series might be the best time. Last year's Survivor Series ppv buys were dismal, so the novelty of Taker appearing at the show, or SummerSlam for that matter, would probably jack up the buyrate.

Agreed with him possibly working 2 ppv matches this year but he is advertised to be in a 6 man tag over here with Hell no vs The shield so possibly he wont disappear just yet.

Disappointing that Taker probably wont be working the PPV, I guess it will just be a tag title match between 2 of The Shield and Team Hell No. Hard to tell from the 10 seconds Triple H spoke on SD if there is a possibility of him and Lesnar having a rubber match at Extreme Rules.

After seeing SD I think it looks clear that Sheamus will move on to a feud with Henry and Show vs Orton will be a singles feud, this also means no Cena vs Ryback vs Henry either, I can see a #1 contenders match on Raw with Ryback beating Henry to set up Cena vs Ryback at the PPV, a bit early IMO but whatever.

I think the WHC match could be a triple threat with Ziggler, Del Rio and Swagger.

Cena vs Ryback

Ziggler vs Del Rio vs Swagger

Team Hell No vs The Shield (Ambrose & Reigns)

Sheamus vs Mark Henry

Jericho vs Fandango

Orton vs Big Show

The funny thing is I don't see the main event having a stipulation despite the concept of the PPV, as the first match between Cena and Ryback doesn't really need a stip, plus I imagine they'll want a DQ way out finish.

Besides the two world title matches and HHH v Brock the rest of the card is open. Orton v Show and Sheamus v Henry seems the most logical moving forward from their tag match coming up at Smackdown for Extreme Rules. With that as of now I can see the card looking like this:

Cena v Ryback

Ziggler v Del Rio v Swagger

HHH v Brock

Orton v Big Show

Sheamus v Mark Henry

Outside of that, The Shield have to be on the card. With Shield taking on Team Hell No and Taker at the next Raw, it would seem silly to have them face Team Hell No and anyone but Taker at the ppv. But then why have them fight on Raw?

As for other matches. If they can stretch it out, Barrett could defend against Truth, and of course the throwaway Diva match.

You know, the more I think about this, the more I think Ryback will beat Cena at Extreme Rules, and beat him clean.

Think about it, Cena gets to have his last big win at WM & gets one last short (but sweet) run with the title..........then puts over the 'next big thing' in Ryback at ER. A month previous, Cena got the biggest win of his career and solidified himself as a legend, only adding to the massive rub Ryback would get if he beat him fair and square.

In fact, I've got a funny feeling this is what they may've had planned since at least late last year.

I was hoping Taker would be on this card, but it looks like The Sheild might take the tag title at Extreme Rules. I am actually looking forward to this ppv. It is not one I normally order, but I will be gettitng this one. Lesner/HHH should be a blood bath, and Cena Ryback has me intrigued. Hopefully this ppv delivers as well as last year's did.

Predicted Card
WWE Championship: Extreme Rules Match: John Cena (c) vs Ryback
John Cena retains

World Heavyweight Championship: Triple Threat Match: Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler retains

Steel Cage Match: Triple H vs Brock Lesnar
Brock Lesnar wins

WWE Tag Team Championships: Tables Match: Team Hell No (c) vs The Shield
The Shield new champions

Falls Count Anywhere: Mark Henry vs Sheamus
Mark Henry wins

Street Fight: Randy Orton vs Big Show
Randy Orton wins

Then, Jericho vs Fandango if Jericho is available and 2 of either US Title/IC Tite/Divas Title matches

F4WOnline.com is reporting that there are talks of possibly having The Undertaker wrestle at the Extreme Rules ppv. There's a ton of speculation about Cena's injury. It's now being reported that he initially hurt his Achilles tendon while working against Ryback in a Tables match on April 21st and has been working through it ever since. CM Punk is taking time off as well, so Taker could be brought in as a means of adding some additional star power to the card.

If Taker does wrestle, I think it'll be in a return match of some kind against Dean Ambrose. Even though he defeated Ambrose on SmackDown!, The Shield beat him down after the match & powerbombed him through the announce table. If Taker feels up for it and is willing, I'd put him on the card regardless if Cena wrestles or not. It'd be an opportunity to have a good match and to also give Ambrose a massive rub.

If Taker works the event its a guaranteed bump in the buyrate. Taker injected a big gain in the ratings last week on Raw, him working a pay-per-view not named WrestleMania would gain a ton of attention and would be really cool to see. If it happens though I see a return match from Raw under a stipulation, possibly a no disqualification match. If anybody is to end The Shield's unbeaten run as a trio it should be a team featuring The Undertaker, can't really take a defeat to anybody better other than John Cena.

I imagine if he does work the event it would be part of another 6 man tag with Kane & Bryan vs. The Shield, this time with a special stipulation, the obvious guess would be make it either a Extreme Rules match, or a Falls Count Anywhere match. Either way this is great news as this is the most we've gotten to see Taker wrestle in year in some time.

If Taker works the event its a guaranteed bump in the buyrate.

For sure. Y'know, while it's true that no one can defeat time and advancing age, one thing seems to have resulted from Mark Calaway wrestling just once a year for the past couple: his body must have sufficiently healed to allow more in-ring participation than he's seen in a long while.

Especially after the WM29 match with Punk, 'Taker might have been pleasantly surprised at how good he felt and decided he could give the company a little more. I mean, the Undertaker wrestling on Smackdown? Jeez!

At the last few WMs, who has he wrestled? HBK, Triple H and Punk: all guys who know how to work a match smoothly.....not engage in botch-fests that serve only to torture 'Taker's well-worn body. By working with guys who know how.....and not performing the rest of the year.....Calaway has reached the point he can give a little extra to us. No, we shouldn't be fooled into thinking a full-time comeback is in store, but what a great deal we've stumbled into. It's all to the good; if Calaway didn't want to do this.....he wouldn't.

There is rest for the weary, after all.

Who would have thought?

Have to say I watched a replay of the Undertaker and Ambrose match despite knowing the result already as it just felt amazing to see Taker wrestling on SmackDown again back where he belongs. Hopefully it will be the Brothers of Destruction and DB vs The Shield in some type of gimmick match, maybe Ladder match?

This match isn't an official part of Extreme Rules, so nobody fly off the handle. I'm not sticking it among the official matches at this time, but I think it's safe to say that it's just a matter of time.

Various reports on various sites have stated that the match is penciled in for ER and it certainly looks as though WWE has been building the match for the past several weeks. Last night on SmackDown!, The Shield attacked Daniel Bryan while he was alone, left him laying and stole his championship belt. After Dean Ambrose defeated Kane in the main event later on, he was then beaten down and The Shield stood over him with both titles held up. I'm not sure if the titles will be "returned" to Kane & Bryan or if The Shield intends to hold onto them.

Since it's Extreme Rules, there will almost certainly be some sort of special gimmick or stipulation. Since there's already a ladder & steel cage match on the card, it's not likely to be one of those. The term "street fight" is a little too generic given that all the matches at ER will be no DQ. Here are some gimmicks that I think are solid possibilities:

Falls Count Anywhere - The fact that things seem to be getting pretty personal in the feud indicates that there'll be a LOT of brawling. A Falls Count Anywhere fits in nicely as they can go all over the place. Sometimes, these matches can be little more than punch or kick fests, but I think they'd go the extra mile here.

Tables Match - A Tables Match is a good way of giving someone a win without necessarily making the loser, or losers, look weak. If Team Hell No was to retain at ER, The Shield wouldn't have to lose any steam at all as these matches can be won easily in a flukey manner and vice versa.

TLC Match - If I'm not mistaken, Kane & Bryan's first match against The Shield was during the TLC ppv. It was a killer match, one of the best of 2012, and everyone involved worked their asses off. WWE looks to be putting a lot of emphasis on this feud right now, so this match with this sort of stipulation would almost certainly steal the show.

Handicap Match - Since The Shield members are joined at the hip, and that things seem to be getting "personal" between them & THN, this is a possibility. The story could be simply that Bryan & Kane are so steamed and that they want The Shield so badly that they'd even be willing to take them on in a no DQ handicap match. The problem here, however, is that it'd almost certainly give away the ending of the match before it even happened unless there was some interference that wound up costing The Shield the match. For instance, the gong of Taker's music could hit, providing a distraction, and while The Shield looked around for Taker, THN could take advantage of the situation.

Another idea that popped I thought of would be a stipulation that the losing team will have to disband. If WWE wants The Shield to win the straps at ER, then it could be a way of having THN break up without one of them turning on the other. As a result, we could forgo a Kane vs. Bryan feud that would almost certainly follow such a break up, freeing them both up to do other things. The downside here is that it's just too predictable I think. WWE isn't breaking The Shield up anytime soon, they're too hot right now and doing too good of a job at this point in time.

Personally, I think the feud & build has been really entertaining thus far. If WWE wants to keep it going for a while then, personally, I think Kane & Bryan should retain at Extreme Rules. If WWE doesn't want to do that, then I think they need to spend the next few weeks giving Kane & Bryan momentum as The Shield has continuously gotten the better of them at every turn. Having things appear to be on a more or less even between the teams, no matter who ultimately walks out of ER the champs, will only make things all the more interesting.

As much as I have been a fan of them there is no way Team Hell No retains at Extreme Rules.

UNLIKE Ryback, The Shield do not lose at PPVs and they will continue their domination by winning the Tag Team Championship at ER.

Team Hell No were built up well, being tag champs for many months even retaining early in the year against Rhodes Scholars when everyone thought it was time for them to lose.

But NOW is the perfect time for them to lose and The Shield to win and go on a long, LONG Tag Team title reign.

They should make it a Falls Count Anywhere match and that way even though it will be 3 on 2 they can make one of the Shield members take a BIG bump near the start like go through a few tables or through the barricade so it is 2 on 2 for most of the match then have the 3rd member come back just when it looks like Team Hell No will win and escape with the titles.

Hopefully, it's an all out war in a blow off TLC match. If a match happens at Extreme Rules, I fully expect it to be the next to last match against The Shield and Team Hell No. The ongoing battle between Team Hell No and The Shield has to come to an end soon. The Shield's status is solidified as a formidable threat, so constantly attacking and beating up Kane and Bryan in the coming months won't bring anything new to the table.

The Shield is reaching the point where they need to move on to something different, and taking the titles from Bryan and Kane will be the first major step towards accomplishing that goal.

I would also like to see a TLC match. Team Hell No has been great, but it is time for them to drop the title. I also agree that The Shield needs to move onto something different, and I like the idea of them as tag champs. If Hell No would retain here I could see The Shield winning a rematch that ultimately cause Kane and Bryan to finally split.

Firstly, if it's not a 2-on-3 Handicap match, I see Ambrose & Rollins facing Team Hell No at the PPV. Ambrose & Rollins holding up the Tag Team Titles at the end of Smackdown gives me that impression, and Reigns seems more like the loner out of the 3, more like a bodyguard to Ambrose & Rollins. As for the stipulation, I'm not really high on the idea of two Ladder matches at Extreme Rules, this isn't the TLC PPV, and these two teams have already competed in one TLC match before. But out of any other stipulations I can think of, another TLC match seems like the better option.

Like at the TLC PPV, I could see them performing some cool spots and telling another brutal story if they were to compete in TLC again. And I'd love to see a similar ending from the Wrestlemania X7 TLC II match, where Reigns is climbing up the Ladder with Rollins sitting on his shoulder (like Rhyno & Christian) while Dean Ambrose holds either Daniel Bryan or Kane down as Rollins unhooks the belts and wins 'em for The Shield. That would be a pretty cool finish to see again.

Another idea that popped I thought of would be a stipulation that the losing team will have to disband.

I like that idea; yet, if it happens, we know the result, right? The Shield is no one's idea of a team that's about to disband, while Team Hell No has been rumored to be on the way out for quite some time now.

The notion of this being a tag team title defense appeals, too. When thinking back to all the times we've seen Kane & Daniel in the ring with folks other than The Shield, have they even been matches in which the title was at stake? So much of what they've been involved concerned revenge and personal feuds that I can't recall how much they've been defending their belts.

At any rate, they still have the titles and the perfect team to lose them to would be The Shield, whichever two members are picked to fight the match. All of this is fortified by the sight of Shield guys carrying the two belts around at the end of the match this past Smackdown......a sign of things to come?

****One gripe: Kane can't beat Dean Ambrose in a one-on-one match? C'mon! Take the Nexus; even while they were at their most awesome as a team of seven, they were still seen losing singles matches; the main idea being that they were powerful only because there were so many of them. But Friday night, we see Kane pinned by Ambrose? You can't even claim there was major outside interference that led to the pin. In a Shield match, there's going to be some chicanery, of course, but the idea of a rookie pinning Kane didn't appeal to me at all.

The notion of this being a tag team title defense appeals, too. When thinking back to all the times we've seen Kane & Daniel in the ring with folks other than The Shield, have they even been matches in which the title was at stake?.

Yes, but not since WrestleMania. Which is all well and fair since the WWE Title hasn't either, but the difference is with the relevancy.

No one Team Hell No has shared the ring with have appeared to even be the slightest bit of a threat when it comes to the tag titles. If anyone was going to do it, I thought, it was Team Rhodes Scholars in their 4th or 5th chance at the Royal Rumble, and they failed to do so. Since then, and before, it's simply been a matter of no team being given enough traction or a push where they weren't essentially squashed by Team Hell No, or the outcome predictable. Other then the Shield, I don't recall any personal feuds.

However, I don't mind the idea of the losing team having to disband. While it would make the winning team painfully obvious, isn't the outcome obvious already? The Shield's momentum and their winning streak together isn't going to end anytime soon, so why not do it?

In another sense of the word, it would be an extreme stipulation as well, would it not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back