WWE Extreme Rules 2013 Discussion & Aftermath

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE Champion The Rock is advertised for the Extreme Rules pay-per-view. The event takes place on May 19 in St. Louis, Mo. at Scottrade Center. So it looks like The Rock's current run with the WWE won't end at WrestleMania.

If this is legit, then it puts the outcome of his upcoming match with John Cena at WM in question. It's always been thought that The Rock was going to leave following WM just as he did last year. Again, if this is legit, then The Rock will be appearing on at least one more WWE ppv before leaving.

Interesting.

But this is Extreme Rules. No standard matches. Can you really picture Rock falling off of ladders? Getting smacked with chairs? Going through tables? Taking a trash can shot? I always enjoy a Rock appearance, but let's not kid ourselves. Wrestling isn't his bread and butter anymore. He's part time, and focused on his movie career. So I'm wondering, is Rock willing to risk his health and serious injuries in some random No DQ stipulation match?

Anyway, if this is legit, Rock should jack up the ticket sales and pay per view buys for Extreme Rules. There's no doubt about it. And Cena winning the title at Wrestlemania might not be a sure thing anymore.

IF a triple threat happens at Wrestlemania, and Rock walks away as champion, I would rather see Rock VS Cena II at Extreme Rules. I'm sure WWE could come up with another way to slide Cena into another #1 contender's spot for the gold. They've already gone the route of an epic and "once in a lifetime" build with these two at Wrestlemania, and if Rock faces Cena in a one on one match at Wrestlemania 29, then Cena winning the strap would be a forgone conclusion. Then again, a lot of us (myself included) were 100% sure of Cena beating Rock at Wrestlemania, and look what happened.

The first thought is that it may be the decider. Cena wins at Mania making it 1-1 so they need one more match. Having it at Extreme Rules would probably be a waste but it could really increase buy-rates.

There is the Brock rumors for Sumerslam. Maybe they use Extreme Rules as a way to progress towards that. I'm not shocked the Rock is sticking round for one more ppv. He is the WWE champ and if (when) he looses, he needs a rematch.

The Rock is not being advertised for Extreme Rules. If you notice though, Jack Swagger isn't be advertised. Neither is Y2J
http://www.scottradecenter.com/events-tickets/2013/wwe-extreme-rules.html

For the first time ever St. Louis will get extreme!

It’s a night of no limits…no boundaries… anything goes when the superstars of RAW & SMACKDOWN take over Scottrade Center!

Witness the WWE Superstars take things to the extreme at the 1st WWE Pay-Per-View after Wrestlemania 29!

See all of your favorite WWE Superstars from RAW & SMACKDOWN under one roof for one ticket prices!

John Cena
CM Punk
Rey Mysterio
Randy Orton
The Miz
Sheamus
Daniel Bryan
Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Kane
Kofi Kingston
R-Truth
The Divas
And many more!

Card is subject to change

Whatever match he's involved in will probably be a no countout, no DQ match nothing crazy like a TLC match or something.

I could see a tag team scenario with Rock, Sheamus, Randy Orton or Ryback vs. The Shield or something.

I really like this because now, even if a John Cena win at WrestleMania 29 makes sense, it adds more belief to it that The Rock may not be finished with this portion of his return just yet. Like others have said, I can't see The Rock taking some serious bumps, but then again, he does live and breathe this business, he'd do anything for Mr McMahon. Perhaps if CM Punk faces The Undertaker and Cena / Rock II happens, the main event at Extreme Rules could be a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship - John Cena (c) vs CM Punk vs The Rock. Just a thought.

Side note - if WWE wants Brock Lesnar vs The Rock at SummerSlam like reports have suggested earlier in February, then perhaps Lesnar attacking and "injuring" The Rock at Extreme Rules would make sense, add more to Lesnar's chaos and set up a match at SummerSlam. Problem there is that everyone, whether you're stupid or not, will know Rocky isn't injured when filming. Again, just a thought.

I really like this because now, even if a John Cena win at WrestleMania 29 makes sense, it adds more belief to it that The Rock may not be finished with this portion of his return just yet. Like others have said, I can't see The Rock taking some serious bumps, but then again, he does live and breathe this business, he'd do anything for Mr McMahon. Perhaps if CM Punk faces The Undertaker and Cena / Rock II happens, the main event at Extreme Rules could be a Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship - John Cena (c) vs CM Punk vs The Rock. Just a thought.

Side note - if WWE wants Brock Lesnar vs The Rock at SummerSlam like reports have suggested earlier in February, then perhaps Lesnar attacking and "injuring" The Rock at Extreme Rules would make sense, add more to Lesnar's chaos and set up a match at SummerSlam. Problem there is that everyone, whether you're stupid or not, will know Rocky isn't injured when filming. Again, just a thought.

Good thought here about the Triple threat. Plus, if they make it a no countout, do DQ match, then Brock Lesnar could attack the Rock and "injure" him as you suggested.

While Rock won't be going through any tables or off any ladders he can do the usual ringside bottles of water, fighting through the crowd stuff. Add a decent bump for whoever he's facing and that should be 'extreme' enough.

Perhaps we'll see Lesnar costing Rock the title at Mania's Punk/Cena/Rock 3-way and a Tag-Team match for EX-R, that way Cena and Punk can do all the work while the part-timers take all the credit and paycheques?

I like this. Everyone assumes the rock will lose at wm, perhaps he wont? Im sure im not the only one disappointed with his title run so far, but god id rather have the wwe champ show up every other week then hear "the champ is here" every segment of every week on raw. Dammit, why did it have to be swagger, if only it was cena...hustle,loyalty,respect,and a bag of weed!

While this is good news and should definitely help the buys and intrigue for the extreme rules ppv, I do not believe this gives Rock a chance to win at Wrestlemania. The plan going back to last year when he beat Cena was for Cena to get his win back against Rock this year. I believe his match at extreme rules is simply his rematch clause. So unless when the rock drops the title he gets a rematch the next night on RAW then this is most likely the situation.

Maybe this is just WWE inserting doubt into peoples minds regarding the end result of the WWE Championship match at WM29.

The thing that makes the most sense is for Rock to drop the title and WWE knows that there is a sector of the audience, a very vocal sector, that knows this. So inserting an advertisement like that onto the Internet could very well just be them putting that smidget of doubt into our minds that Rock could still go over.

Very smart on their part to do that. We need all the doubt we can get these days considering everything is on the Internet now.

If this is true, I'll have a huge smile on my face. Not because The Rock will be at Extreme Rules...well actually yeah because he will be at Extreme Rules, but also because in Johnny Scumm's "Prediction Game" thread in Wrestling Spam Zone, one of the questions he asked was, "What "Extreme Rules" stipulation will the WWE Title match be contested under?", and I answered with a Steel Cage match, and if Rock competes for the title at the pay-per-view, I could easily see him competing inside a Steel Cage match.

Like Mitch Henessey said, I don't see the WWE risking The Rock's health by putting him in a match involving chairs, tables, ladders, trash cans or any other weapons, but with a Steel Cage match, it's just basically a normal match with a steel cage surrounding the opponents, and they barely do any dangerous spots in the cage anymore. I'd love to see a Triple Threat match between Rock, Cena and Punk inside the Steel Cage. Last time Rock was a in Triple Threat Steel Cage match, it was with Mankind and Ken Shamrock at In Your House: Breakdown, and, man, that was an awesome match and one of my top 5 favourite Steel Cage matches. If they do have Rock vs. Cena vs. Punk in a Steel Cage, maybe they could borrow the ending from the Breakdown match, and have Cena take out Rock with the FU then look to escape the cage, but while he's climbing down the cage, a laid out, weakened Punk musters up enough energy to crawl on top of Rock and cover him for the pin before Cena reaches the floor, stealing the win and the title from Cena.

If not that, then they could go with Max220298's idea of Brock attacking and "injuring" The Rock with the Kimura at the event to set up their Summerslam rematch, that's pretty "extreme" in itself.

I think if WWE have advertised Rock for Extreme Rules it's simply to try and create doubt over Cena winning the title at Mania, I doubt he will actually work the show.

Probably wont be anything over the top as other have already stated. These are the type of matches I can see rock being involved in if he does appear

Cage match: let's face it, pretty much a normal match with a cage around it that comes into play occasionally.
Lumberjack match,
2 out of 3 Falls,
No DQ, street fight.

Besides it might just have something normal like "if rock loses he's not allowed back for a while" etc.

Any stipulation will add to whatever match he is in, if he is in 1.

It would be cool to see Rock retain at WM then he is challenged by Brock Lesnar at Extreme Rules where Brock wins the WWE Championship.

I feel that would be a great storyline, Rock still not being able to overcome Brock, Brock is now the champion of the company where most think he's a merc (storyline wise), and they can finish the storyline of Brock legitimizing the WWE. What better way than to beat the People's Champion and take away the WWE Championship.

There is no earthly way they make Cena lose at 3 straight Manias. Rock is dropping the title. If he's at Extreme Rules, he will be challenging in a rematch. Maybe even a triple threat w/ CM Punk.

Surely this will just mean the invoking of Rocky's rematch clause. I think it would be real cool if this were to be a triple threat match involving CM Punk after his loss to the Undertaker. This would mean we wouldn't have to see Rock vs Cena III and there would be an added pinch of excitement, and if Punk were to walk out champion it would be icing on the cake. The event (I believe) is being held in St. Louis, could we see Orton walk out as WHC? We shall see!

Seems doubtful they would have a Cena/Rock match at Extreme Rules. What I am thinking is maybe a Cena/Rock vs. Punk/Lesnar match at the event which sets up two things, a continuation to the Cena/Punk feud (and a blow off match at the next PPV) and maybe setup the rumored Rock/Lesnar match at Summer Slam.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/269...s-to-work-several-post-wrestlemania-wwe-dates

According to The Wrestling Observer, The Rock has agreed to work several post-WrestleMania WWE dates, including the Extreme Rules PPV following 'Mania.

The Rock had previously been advertised for Extreme Rules, then he was taken off advertisements for the show, but it appears as if The Rock and WWE have worked out a deal which will see him in action at the post-WrestleMania PPV.

Interesting, I didn't expect Rock to work any secondary PPV's except Elimination Chamber. I wouldn't be surprised if the Extreme Rules main event is Rock & Cena vs Punk & Lesnar.

I agree with others in this thread. It's gotta be Cena & Rock vs. Lesnar & Punk in a NO DQ match. Cena & Rock will win the match but Lesnar will "injure" Rock so he's off for a few months. Then he'll return before Summer Slam to set up Rock vs. Lesnar at Summer Slam.

With WrestleMania XXVIIII now over, Wwe is heading full steam ahead to Extreme Rules. It got me thinking after watching WrestleMania how would you book Extreme Rules. Here is how I would.

1. Randy Orton vs Big Show vs Sheamus in a Steel Cage Triple Threat Match

2. The Miz vs Wade Barrett in a No DQ Match for the IC Championship

3. Antonio Ceasero vs Sin Cara in a Ladder Match for the US Championship

4. Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger in a 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

5. Kane and Daniel Bryan vs Prime Time Players in a Tag Team Falls Count Anywhere Match for the Wwe Tag Team Championship

6. John Cena vs Ryback in a Extreme Rules Match for the Wwe Championship

That is how I would book the Extreme Rules Pay Per View, how would you book it?

As much as I like Del Rio as a wrestler, this "feud" with Swagger needs to end.

Don't get me wrong, Zeb can continue his schtick with Alberto - its just that Swagger needs to be gone. I cannot begin to disclose how much I dislike that character and wrestler.

Swagger is so boring that he brought a red hot angle down to a yawn fest...He doesn't have the looks of Lesnar to be a muted monster to Zeb's Heyman like instigator. It is not working. WWE please move on...

1. Miz vs Wade Barrett in an extreme rules match for the Intercontinental championship (Makes sense because Wade needs a rematch)

Miz retains

2. Daniel Bryan and Kane vs. the Prime Time Players vs. Rhodes Scholars vs. Tons of Funk in an 8-man tag team match for the tag titles (Might as well get all these guys involved. 4 legit tag teams who are over with different parts of the crowd and I feel like they could pull this off)

Rhodes Scholars win for the safe bet

3. Kaitlyn vs. AJ in a lumberjill match (Not really an "extreme" match, but I feel like this is a good match. They could always add "extreme" into it if they wanted to)

AJ wins

4. Antonio Cesaro vs. Christian in an extreme rules match for the United States title (Christian is rumored to be returning anytime now and he was rumored to have a feud with Cesaro before he got injured, so why not this?)

Christian wins in his return PPV match

5. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Big Show in a triple threat extreme rules match (WWE tends to do a lot of extreme rules match at this PPV anyways, plus these men have beef with each other)

I'd have Sheamus win and then have Orton go heel on him after the match to set up a feud between the two

6. Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger in a ladder match for the World Heavyweight title

Del Rio retains, but Ziggler finally cashes in afterwards

7. John Cena vs. Ryback in a falls count anywhere match (I feel like they could pull this off and it'd definitely be a different kind of match for these two)

Cena wins in controversial fashion, setting up for WWE to finally pull the trigger on Ryback this summer

This is all under the assumption that guys like The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and Chris Jericho are leaving after Mania, and that the reports of Punk taking time off are true.

WWE Tag Team Championships
Gauntlet Match
Team Hell No (C) vs Prime Time Players vs Team Rhodes Scholars vs Tons of Funk

Open Challenge
Big E Langston vs ??? (Evan Bourne)

No. 1 Contender Match (World Heavyweight Title)
Tables Match
Randy Orton vs Sheamus vs Big Show

Intercontinental & United States Championships
2 Fall Fatal Four Way Match
-First Fall: United States Championship
-Second Fall: Intercontinental Championship

The Miz (C) vs Antonio Cesaro (C) vs Fandango vs Kofi Kingston

Last Man Standing Match
Ryback vs Mark Henry

Diva's Championship
Ladder Match
Kaitlyn (C) vs AJ Lee

World Heavyweight Championship
Cage Match
Dolph Ziggler (C) vs Alberto Del Rio vs Jack Swagger
*Ziggler cashes in on RAW after Mania

WWE Championship
3-on-1 Handicap Extreme Rules Match
John Cena (C) vs The Shield

Here's a few thoughts:

- Brock is scheduled to appear as is Rock.....and Punk, while not losing anything in the loss, needs a win. Brock/punk vs Cena and Rock
- Tag gauntlet for the number one contender-ship: They need something to make it up to Rhodes Scholars and Team Tons to tub.....those two, PTP, Usos, Colons, maybe a returning Air Boom.......winner faces Hell No later in the show
- double ladder match for the IC and US titles: create some more excitement: Cesaro, Miz, Truth, Sin Cara, Barrett
- Del Rio vs Swagger: Submission match: it really is the only direction to go
- Ryback vs Henry: I'd go last man standing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back