• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Extreme Rules 2012: John Cena vs Brock Lesnar

The pay per view is in my hometown of Chicago believe me 90% of the audience is more likely to chant Fuck You Cena. And Cena may have a pretty even battle with Lesnar but the odds of Cena beating the shit outta Lesnar are slim to none. I see Cena losing again then he questions himself even more and A) He turns up the intensity and becomes the Ruthless Aggression Cena or B) Leaves for a couple months to refocus himself as Brock runs rough shod through the roster, Cena then comes back Super as ever.

Yeah..... Not gonna happen. Sorry

Brock Lesnar is not going to lose this one. Eight years hes been gone. UFC Heavyweight champ and all that. No hes not going to lose this one and why, you might ask. Because hes being built up to face other stars especially the rock. If cena wins it does nothing for cena and destroys brock. Cena has a good angle here. The losing streak, the no confidence in himself. You might think it but Edge's promo while realyl really good was not the shot in the arm cena needed. Thats gonna happen, hopefully till summerslam. Maybe the rock comes back and gives cena a boost because of their mutual hatred of brock lesnar or something along those lines.

If cena wins, lesnar will be like another guy cena went through. He lost to the rock, lost his confidence, beat lesnar, regained his confidence. And where does lesnar go from there. Nowhere.

And really dude beating lesnar in a squash match with a chain. What u described above was a squash. That really cant happen sorry.

Cena needs something different but he doesnt need to go wild and kill everything in sight to be different. It can be different like cena's so called losing streak, losing cleanly to a person who he beat before, or hasnt beat before but knows he can. Like maybe zack ryder or ziggler or swagger. Guys who could use the push. Like maybe ryder rolls cena out of the blue or something . Ryders momentum is shifting in the wrong direction and he could use something like that. Cena's confidence is shattered and when its at an all time low, of all people the rock comes back to offer cena words of advice. Sort of like edge did but way more intense and maybe an insult or two towards cena. Maybe something like 'you really dont care for the people as much as u think or say u do.' Something thats gonna erupt in cena. And there u go super cena's back but not like before. Like cena circa 2006. Cena with an edginess.

Anyway thats my opinion maybe some would agree and some wont.

My point is its too early for cena to change his persona or personality. It needs a few more months.

Once again, why would WWE have people blade? It's very clear, if they won't have blood in the Hell in a Cell, won't have blood at Wrestlemania at all then people need to get this fixation that blood and blading makes wrestling better. It doesn't. Unless it helps tell the story, it very simply doesn't.

I think Brock is going to win. WWE seem to be showing a weakened side to John Cena, Cena going out and destroying Brock makes Lesnar weak and considering WWE have put a lot of money into Lesnar, having him lose straight off the bat cheapens a lot of stuff they want to do with him in the future. They've not ran these video packages for the past two weeks, building him up to be an "ass-kicker" for nothing. Cena can take the loss and bounce back, it could be used in an angle, something I think they're going for in the first place.

My money is on a Lesnar win after a back-and-forth match. I don't predict blood or any gruesome violence. This is Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, not Mick Foley vs. Sabu, they're two hard hitting strong brawlers, not weapon wielding maniacs.

Once again, why would WWE have people blade? It's very clear, if they won't have blood in the Hell in a Cell, won't have blood at Wrestlemania at all then people need to get this fixation that blood and blading makes wrestling better. It doesn't. Unless it helps tell the story, it very simply doesn't.

I think Brock is going to win. WWE seem to be showing a weakened side to John Cena, Cena going out and destroying Brock makes Lesnar weak and considering WWE have put a lot of money into Lesnar, having him lose straight off the bat cheapens a lot of stuff they want to do with him in the future. They've not ran these video packages for the past two weeks, building him up to be an "ass-kicker" for nothing. Cena can take the loss and bounce back, it could be used in an angle, something I think they're going for in the first place.

My money is on a Lesnar win after a back-and-forth match. I don't predict blood or any gruesome violence. This is Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena, not Mick Foley vs. Sabu, they're two hard hitting strong brawlers, not weapon wielding maniacs.

You just wait and see. No weapons? Cena will bring out the first weapon here. Bank on it! And they will be swinging like maniacs.

Now look I say all this not to propagate blading and gushing a fountain. There even doesn't have to be blood. Do a Spanish Table spot. But there has to be something awe-inspiring by Cena at the end of it. Sure Lesnar is built up like a badass, but UFC doesn't have weapons. This is where Cena can take him and can be thus explained further on in the angle. The lock, the chain, chairs, steel steps, kendo sticks you name it! Are under that ring.

I expect something rather violent here and deep down, so do you.

You just wait and see. No weapons? Cena will bring out the first weapon here. Bank on it! And they will be swinging like maniacs.

Now look I say all this not to propagate blading and gushing a fountain. There even doesn't have to be blood. Do a Spanish Table spot. But there has to be something awe-inspiring by Cena at the end of it. Sure Lesnar is built up like a badass, but UFC doesn't have weapons. This is where Cena can take him and can be thus explained further on in the angle. The lock, the chain, chairs, steel steps, kendo sticks you name it! Are under that ring.

I expect something rather violent here and deep down, so do you.

My post wasn't supposed to be taken in the context there won't be any use of weapons, I said "weapon wielding" and made comparisons to Mick Foley and Sabu. They'll use weapons, but they won't go overboard, it isn't needed. They'll be brawling for most of the match I assume, the story doesn't call for over-the-top use of weaponry.

Brock Lesnar isn't in the UFC at Extreme Rules. He is in the WWE. This is a dude who has used weapons in the past. Hes had street fights with The Undertaker and Kurt Angle, hes had a hardcore match with both The Hardy Boyz and beat both of them at once. Hes been in a Hell in the Cell match before, don't put too much emphasis on him coming from the UFC, he'll be in a professional wrestling match on Sunday, not a mixed martial arts match.

I expect something physical, not violent use of weapons like something of ECW lore. I expect two guys to beat the hell out of one another, weapons will be used, but not overly used so that it cheapens the entire point of their in-ring styles. They're going for a fight. I don't see blood unless its legit and even then It'll be a mistake.

No not Sabuish but maniacal at times, yes. And I'm not putting the emphasis that he is coming from UFC, the WWE is. They said UFC for the first time on WWE Television. They could've ignored and said he has been a MMA champion. No they didn't. They are parading his UFC tenure as it is.

I see either Cena being destroyed or laying Brock down. Yes, all hints do point to the former.

Hope springs eternal Baldrick.

No not Sabuish but maniacal at times, yes. And I'm not putting the emphasis that he is coming from UFC, the WWE is. They said UFC for the first time on WWE Television. They could've ignored and said he has been a MMA champion. No they didn't. They are parading his UFC tenure as it is.

I see either Cena being destroyed or laying Brock down. Yes, all hints do point to the former.

Hope springs eternal Baldrick.

They know fans aren't stupid. We all know he went to the UFC, him signing was taken as a big joke, him losing to Mir was an even bigger joke but him dominating and picking up the UFC Heavyweight Championship was not only a huge accomplishment but it stopped those that laughed at the idea, Brock couldn't fight. Why would he ignore that? If he said he was simply an "MMA Champion", nobody would have cared. Had to be said and was going to be eventually.

Again, my money is on a Lesnar victory but they'll make John look strong.

I hope Cena wins. Brock Lesnar just seems like a giant asshole. I don't know if that's how he really is or if that's how he really acts in real life, either way I can't stand the man. I want to see Cena make him tap out.

Here we have the obvious candidate to close the show with. Cena VS Lesnar is such a HUGE match that many have been wanting to see for such a long time. My main problem is this.... Why waste such a match on a PPV like Extreme Rules that most fans might not care about? This is more of a Summerslam quality level match. They are wasting a great opportunity to help boost the buyrates of the bigger PPV's even further. The boost that Extreme Rules will get from this match is much smaller than the boost would have been for a show such as Summerslam, or maybe even next month at Over the Limit. Extreme Rules is usually one of the least important shows of the year, focusing primarily on Wrestlemania rematches that come off as a waste of money in my opinion, and a match like this one deserves better. Oh well, too late now.

With that being said.... Cena needs the win here. He just lost to The Rock in the most hyped match in history. Losing to Lesnar right afterwards does nothing to help him. It's Lesnar's first PPV match after returning, as long as they still book him strong then the loss will not hurt him. Cena doesn't need another loss and NO it will not lead to a heel turn. I doubt this feud is ending after this match anyhow, so Cena wins after having taken a ton of damage from Lesnar who will obviously be dominating most of the match. The feud will not end, regardless of who wins. I see it continuing through Over the Limit and possibly longer than that, which I would not mind.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
John Cena will defeat Brock Lesnar.

My main problem is this.... Why waste such a match on a PPV like Extreme Rules that most fans might not care about?

Probably the same reason that WWE put Goldberg vs. The Rock at Backlash years ago... time crunch. WWE only has Lesnar for a year, and that means they've got to squeeze out as much time with him as possible.

Personally, I don't care for this match. It's just going to be used to make Cena look weak... which is horse shit. If anything, Cena should go over. Everything about the storyline so far has only indicated that he would. Bad guy comes in, dominates Cena for weeks, and at the PPV Cena walks out. To be honest, I don't blame the WWE if they go that route.

In my opinion, the more legends Cena has to job to, the more he looks like a joke. Cena's become the only guy who has been putting over returning legends for a while. Even Cody Rhodes went over Booker T while Cena is losing to Rock and Lesnar. Sure, they may be different caliber legends, but they'd still make a great impact if they put over Cena.

I'm going with Brock here for 2 reasons.
1.I can't see Brock losing his first match back.
2.I think they're going to keep this losing streak going for John Cena for at least a little while longer.

I go into more detail on this prediction in this video and when I think Cena's losing streak might end.
[youtube]SA9aTt-O6Rk[/youtube]

That was the No Country for Old Men of WWE matches....awesome the entire way through, really crappy ending.

I`m sorry but that was the worst waste of an angle i`ve ever seen what was the point.... Perfect buil up perfect angle and then what..... Cena wins!?!? even with a chain, its extreme rules and lesnar is supposed to be an ass kicker WTF Really. I know alot of people hate lesnar because he left for mma and came back but really........Cena should have lost and taken a few months off to come back and then kick his butt with the chain. Just my 2 cents new here fan for about 25 years so please dont be too harsh

I`m sorry but that was the worst waste of an angle i`ve ever seen what was the point.... Perfect buil up perfect angle and then what..... Cena wins!?!? even with a chain, its extreme rules and lesnar is supposed to be an ass kicker WTF Really. I know alot of people hate lesnar because he left for mma and came back but really........Cena should have lost and taken a few months off to come back and then kick his butt with the chain. Just my 2 cents new here fan for about 25 years so lease dont be too harsh

oh...the destruction of the Nexus angle was much worse...

so was the destruction of the CM Punk leaves with WWE title angle....

so was the destruction of the Kevin Nash/HHH/CM Punk angle...

in other words the 'E' is great at coming up with good angles but absolutely god awful at following through with them.

bloody shame i tell ya

I really, really enjoyed this match. I thought WWE did a great job of blurring the lines between MMA and pro wrestling. The match was intense and told a great story.

I have ZERO problem with Lesnar losing, though I'm sure some will bitch about SuperCena or something. I mean, after all, this match probably didn't go how many of them wanted it to or felt it should, so they'll say it sucked ass. As everyone knows, there's heavy talk that WWE is currently planning Lesnar vs. Rock for the WWE Championship at WM 29. I'm hoping the title won't be involved but, anyhow, this match outcome relieves a huge worry of mine. I was thinking that Lesnar would win here and go onto just flat out decimate everyone that got in front of him, with nobody being able to stop him. I was worried that they'd set up The Rock coming back to sort of save WWE from Lesnar's rampage whereas everyone else put in front of him couldn't. Rock would save the day at WM, become champ, and make the entire WWE roster look bad in the process. Lesnar can still have a dominant run, but tonight showed that Lesnar won't be this unstoppable juggernaut.

This was an epic match until CENA WON.

He got his ass beat to hell the whole time. I was marking out on the realness of the match. Then super Cena comes back and wins off ONE AA?

If Cena is taking time off, you should have had Brock destroy him even more and win clean, forcing cena to take time off. Brock then destroys everyone and THEN cena comes back to finally beat Brock.

I forgot though, its WWE. They do everything half ass backwards. Completely disappointing and ruined a great moment for me. Probably ruined lesnar as well. Yeah he might beat a bunch of people now, but who cares, he cant beat cena. He lost

My guess is that Brock will repeat most of what you all are saying. He'll emphasize the fact that he beat Cena bad enough that he had to take a vacation, as well as the fact that Cena just got two lucky shots in to beat him. This probably isn't "ruining" Brock or anything.

"SUPERCENA WON THEY BERRYED BROCK HURP DE DURP IM RETARTED."

Jesus, shut the hell up. Cena won off a last second hail mary, Brock will be able to claim that it was a fluke and take his anger out on everyone.

Talk is that Cena's taking some time off. Wouldn't surprise me to see Brock DESTROY him tomorrow and write him off properly.

Jesus, leave it to a bunch of idiots to put this much stake into wins and losses.

just because cena won doesn't mean brock's return was a waste. cena may have won but he looked weak in doing so. They couldn't have cena lose this match after losing to the rock. like some have said he will come out and say he beat cena so bad he had to leave and it was nothing but a fluke

Lesnar now looks like a fool. The only way they can now redeem him if Cena is indeed gone for weeks or months is for him to come out on monday and destroy HHH. I don't think any other feud can re-establish his credibility after this loss. Monday night we'll see what they have brewing. I'm ready for more disappointment.

The only bad thing about having Lesnar lose here is... Cena is taking time off... so....

Wouldn't it had made more sense for Cena to lose because of that? He should have lost, since he was taking time off.

Would of made more sense for him to take time off, and then come back and beat Lesnar.. Thats just logic, but i guess that wasnt the case here.

WWE really needs to quit having such build up like this, yet give us a same ending result.. Cena gets ass kicked, then wins at last moment. Destroys momentum for Brock, his cred, and etc.. Even if you have him destroy the roster or have a great run, wont matter.. You now have in the back of our heads, "Cena will stop him no matter what"

I don't understand some of the outrage I've been seeing over the result of this match. Brock Lesnar lost. So what? Lesnar kicked Cena's ass and looked absolutely untouchable for 95% of that match. He backed up every word of what he was saying, looking like a force to be reckoned with, in the process. He lost on Cena pulling off an absolute miracle in the end. I don't see the shame in that, nor do I see the "burial" in that. Lesnar went toe-to-toe with the top guy in the WWE and tore him apart, he decimated Cena for the better part of that match. Both men came out looking great.

Cena is (apparently) taking time off, so Lesnar will be able to take credit for "injuring" him. Hell, he could very well pick him apart tomorrow night on Raw. There are so many possibilities to take with this, and I don't understand why people are taking such a stand against it, not two hours after the PPV. People have to let things play out, but they also have to look to the future. This definitely isn't the last we'll see of Cena/Lesnar and with Cena taking some time off, Lesnar will be the top guy, in effect. Lesnar will be able to run through the whole WWE roster, taking the WWE Championship in the process, setting up another showdown with John Cena.

The match itself, the result not withstanding (as I've already outlined my thoughts on that), was excellent. It was a top shelf brawl, and it was one of the most unique matches I've seen in quite some time. Lesnar came out and looked MUCH better than I thought he would. His offense looked a lot different than what I remembered and he played his gimmick to perfection. The match looked absolutely brutal and I honestly bought into a lot of the offense. Lesnar and Cena told a great story, with both men pushing themselves very hard to make it as great as possible.

This was a great main event and it capped off a great show perfectly. I cannot wait to see how they approach this on Raw, but I'm more excited to see the character development for both Cena and Lesnar. Cena picked up a much-needed win and Lesnar looked dominant in his defeat -- no shame in that. This was definitely the beginning to a long story that may very well dictate the next year in the WWE landscape. This will most likely be some must-see television, it's only a shame people are so quick to dismiss what Cena and Lesnar did out there, just because they didn't agree with the result.

Great stuff from the WWE.

Why did Cena "need" a win? The only people who "needed" a win tonight were Brock to fully claim his dominance over WWE and the management and Jericho to remain relevant and neither got it. Now Brock looks like a chump losing just like so many others have after giving an epic lopsided beatdown to Cena only for Super Cena to appear and win with 2 moves and Jericho looks even worse losing every PPV match since he's been back. No Cena needed to lose tonight. Brock is now left with nothing. Yes he can claim to have forced Cena to take time off but that isn't enough to justify him losing his first PPV. Only if he injured Cena enough to force him to retire would this angle have worked and that wasn't going to happen. Now going forward what's Brock going to do? He lost to Cena and he won't get his revenge for how long? What's he going to do in the meantime? More squash matches? I think WWE has to admit they already have way too many squash matches on tv. So he has to be put in another real feud with someone to keep him relevant. Like I said before there is no one who could make this look legit besides HHH or Rock. Rock probably isn't going to be back for months so it's gotta be HHH. Anything else will diminish Brock even more.

This is the only other scenario I can see. Brock now demands even more. Even though he lost he took out Cena (the moneymaker of the company) and he is now the biggest name in the WWE and no one else can stop him. That's okay story-wise but who is he going to fight against? I know they didn't bring him back just to have squash matches with mid-carders. So who? The way I see it it has to be HHH. Who else is going to look like he has a real chance against Lesnar? Who else will matter as much as Cena? Orton? He's probably going to be back in a feud with Barrett soon. Sheamus? He's already in another feud with ADR. Punk? Ha. Lets see WWE creative crawl out of this hole they dug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back