• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE.com: "Classic Factions Reborn" Article Discussion

#1Dobz92

Occasional Pre-Show
http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-factions-reborn

I'm not just posting this for the hell of it. I was really intrigued by the combinations, in particular the last one which recreated the 4 Horsemen with Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Daniel Bryan and Wade Barrett. Now judging from the article, they have placed Rhodes as leader, Barrett as enforcer with Ziggler and Bryan's cockiness earning their places there. Now I know people may not be happy with the structure but I do think with this one, they nailed it on the head. Gimmick-wise the structure makes sense. It's something I would personally like to see.

Either way, this thread is to encourage discussion on ALL of the proposed stables because there's a few and everyone has different tastes.

John Cena leading the nWo? That is very interesting!!! Obviously no the fruity pebbles a large proportion of people have grown to despise but a heel John Cena, one with attitude who dishes out intense beatings on people who get in this way.

Maybe this could be the big angle of 2013. Cena turns heel at WM29 by defeating The Rock and starts up a New World Order....not sure on WWE's choices but Cena as the leader with Kevin Nash (of course) and Randy Orton.

John Cena leading the nWo? That is very interesting!!! Obviously no the fruity pebbles a large proportion of people have grown to despise but a heel John Cena, one with attitude who dishes out intense beatings on people who get in this way.

Maybe this could be the big angle of 2013. Cena turns heel at WM29 by defeating The Rock and starts up a New World Order....not sure on WWE's choices but Cena as the leader with Kevin Nash (of course) and Randy Orton.

I have to believe that if Ryback gets over like Vince is hoping he does, WWE might be more inclined to eventually turn Cena heel. Sadly, while I'd love to see a reincarnated nWo with Cena as the leader, I doubt Vince will use one of Bischoff's ideas to turn his biggest star.

The only stable I saw that even made sense was the Four Horsemen. I could absolutely see that happening. Bring back Flair and let him manage them. That could work.

The John Cena NWO gets an honorable mention at the mere fact that his heel turn would be the biggest thing to happen to wrestling since Hogans.

Some of The Ministry Of Darkness picks baffle me. Taker & Kane should obviously be in there, I like the choices of Tensai & Henry too, but Tatsu & Aksana? Do they not remember The Ascension & Paige? Their dark gimmicks fit right up the Ministry's alley. I'd replace Tatsu & Aksana with them. Aksana could just be in the Million Dollar Corporation instead - it says "she has a penchant for involving herself with men in power" and she was Cesaro's manager.

I can think of another stable that could be recreated...

The Varsity Club (from JCP & WCW)
Original Members: Kevin Sullivan, Mike Rotunda, Rick Steiner, Steve Williams, Dan Spivey
New Members: Chris Jericho, Damien Sandow, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley, David Otunga

I was thinking the Heenan Family but with John Laurinatis as the leader instead - The Laurinatis Family, with members like The Miz, Jack Swagger, Alex Riley, Michael Cole, Damien Sandow, David Otunga, and some others involved, but I dunno.

I was also thinking Nation Of Domination but there's been a lot of threads made about recreating them and many people oppose the idea, it wouldn't work in today's era and there isn't a black wrestler in the WWE currently that I think could be a strong leader like Farooq was, so I'll forget that one.

there should be a new nation of domination with rtruth as a mouthpiece mark henry with the experience ezekiel jackson with the muscle including titus o'neil who needs to drop darren young percy watson as the d-lo brown of the group i dont see jtg in the group kofi possibly could be but he would have to do something henious but it would help alot

I dont know how much would rehashing a faction would do for the credibility of the group but If it was one it would be the four horsemen only if Ric Flair is their mentor, leading with Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhode, Damien Sandow, and an up&comer like Seth Rollins or a returning McGuillicutty (Please change my dude name). Another would be Nexus with Barrette leading, McIntyre, Slater, Zeke and Mason(make these two a power tag team)

A heel Cena turn would probably never involve a faction, certainly not the nWo. Not right away, anyway. It's just too similar to Hogan. If Cena ever turns heel (and he probably won't, considering that the optimal time to do it has come and gone, and the likelihood of him being heel decreases as he ages, as it's much more difficult to wrestle heel than it is to wrestle face) he will do it alone and stay alone, I would think.

I was also thinking Nation Of Domination but there's been a lot of threads made about recreating them and many people oppose the idea, it wouldn't work in today's era and there isn't a black wrestler in the WWE currently that I think could be a strong leader like Farooq was, so I'll forget that one.

I for the last 2 years have been calling for a New NoD the Pieces were there As soon as the Prime Time Players and AW came out. tho it would be a Mid Card Stable at first they would slowly gain the heat of a Main Stable Such like the NoD back in the day.
First off the 2 main Members would Be Mark Henry and David Otunga.Then You would bring in Prime Time Player to attack the tag Champs with intensity. Lasty you need a Blue Chip Face to turn on the Fans...which is Kofi to a T...I can See Kofi beatin R.Truth and stomping lil Jimmy that would be Huge Heat and thats the New NoD. Pepper in Oringal NoD memeber not liking the New NoD and The New NoD beats them it raises the scale.

I think an interesting reincarnation would be Evolution. I would have the return of HHH and Orton, except HHH would be the veteran mentor and Orton would be the main event champion. I'd have Heath Slater take Orton's old spot as the young hotshot. He can go from "Legend Jobber" to "Legend Killer". And Brodus Clay can be the muscle.

I'm kind of surprised to see the John Cena led NWO getting such high praise. I'm against the idea. The thing that continues to baffle me on these forums is whenever people refer to the nWo they seem to forget that the original version was about another company invading and bringing about change to the company. If you ask me this better suits CM Punk in a ROH version of the nWo. You could have Punk lead with Daniel Bryan, Antonio Cesaro, Seth Rollins, and Colt Cabana wanting to bring about change to the WWE.

I absolutely love the idea of bringing back a varsity style group. You have Jack Swagger, Joe Henning, Taylor Rotunda, and Windham Rotunda/Bray Wyatt. I'm a huge fan of Windham's Mic work and I feel he could provide a good mouthpiece for the group.

To those dissing the Nation of Domination group due to lack of a mouthpiece, I feel this would be Kofi Kingston's time to rise and show his mic skills. You have him and R-truth complain about being stuck in cheesy gimmicks and are tired of it. You could also add the PTP who have good chemistry but seem to be lost without a mouthpiece. Remember the Nation was not one believed to be the TOP group. Farooq was never viewed as a WWE title contender, but he was a credible IC title contender. The same can be true of Kofi.

Besides the horseman stable I also like the idea of Punk forming his own Flock like faction though id replace Kaitlyn with Paige when she debuts. Punk has always been a good stable leader and the whole idea behind it works perfectly id love to see that stable but not called "The Flock" as thats fitting for Raven not Punk.

The rest just seem like crap to me.

Well i think since Paul Heyman is back and already has CM Punk N Brock Lesnar id like to see n new Dangerous Alliance not sure who else could fit well but the orginal had few descent wrestler's Arn Anderson, Larry Z, think that the hollywood Blondes were in it witch was Austin and Brian Pilman not possitive though. any ideas on who would be in it with them???

My favourite one was the 4 Horsemen, minus the fact that Dolph is in it. Exchange him with Damien Sandow and you have a real equivalent of the Horsemen.

Considering those 4 are like my favourite right now other than Miz and Punk.

If the NWO were aorund today, the only person I'd accept as leader would be Punk. That would be epic in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back