• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Champion The Miz: Who plays the foil?

Who will take the WWE title from Miz?

• John Morrison

• John Cena

• Randy Orton

• Triple H

• Wade Barrett

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
On July 18, at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, The Miz won a Money in the Bank ladder match to win a contract for a WWE Championship match that he could utilize at any time over the next year. On the November 22 episode of Raw, following a successful WWE Championship defense by Orton against Wade Barrett, The Miz cashed in his Money in the Bank contract to become the new WWE Champion. Orton has been jumped by Nexus before the match, and Miz took advantage of this in defeating Randy Orton.

The Miz has had two title defenses since. Due to a mandate from the Raw GM, Miz was forced to defend the WWE title against Jerry Lawler in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match on the following episode of Raw. At the TLC PPV, Miz was able to defeat Randy Orton in his return match in a Tables Match due to help from Alex Riley. John Morrison has now emerged as the No. 1 Contender to Miz' title due to a ladder match victory over Sheamus at the same PPV.

WWE is clearly portraying Miz as an opportunistic champion who relies on others to retain his championship. The purpose of this thread is to determine who will successfully overcome the opportunistic "Awesome One" and become the 41st WWE Champion. I present to you 3 questions.

1. Who will be the one to end the first championship reign of The Miz?

2. When will it happen?

3. How would you book it/do you see it being booked?

WELL THIS IS S GOOD QUESTION. BUT EVEN THO I AM NOT EVEN CLOSE TO A MIZ FAN HE DOES A GREAT JOB AS A HEEL CHAMPION THO. BUT I KINNDA HOPE NONE OF THE ONES LIKE RANDY ORTON CENA TAKE IT FROM HIM I THINK IT SHOULD BE SOMEONE THAT HAS LESS OF A PUSH TO ME LIKE JOHN MORRISON OR WADE BARRET (WITCH WILL NOT HAPPEND UNLESS HE BCOMES A FACE OR SOMETHING WITCH I DONT SEE HAPPENING EITHER) NOW I KNOW JOHN MORRISON WILL NOT THEY ALREADY PREDICTING THAT ONE FOR US. BUT REALLY I SEE MIZ KEEPING THE BELT UNTILL WRESTLEMANIA THE ONLY QUESTION IS WHO IS HE GOING TO FIGHT? CAUSE I SEE CENA FIGHTING UNDERTAKER IF HE COMES BACK IN TIME I SEE HHH AND SHEAMOUS MAYBE HHH AND MIZ BUT I DONT SEE THAT GETTING TO MANY PPV BUYS SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION FOR ME HELL I GUES I JUST HAVE TO SEE WHAT ELSE HAPPENDS CAUSE HONESTLY I CANT SAY WHO OR WHERE HE WILL LOSE THE CHAMPIONSHIP OR WHEN. UNLESS THEY UNIFIELD IT AND HIM AND EDGE FIGHT AND EDGE BEATS HIM.

John Morrison's been on quite a roll the past few weeks, racking up a few good wins and putting on some damn good matches. As much as i'd like to see the former tag team partner of The Miz take the belt, I just don't see that happening. Wade Barrett needs something to do if this Nexus angle truly is dead. John Cena should be cool fucking around with CM Punk in the upcoming storyline, pretty pumped about that. Triple H, I don't know. I think he's content barking orders backstage and doesn't plan on coming back and wrestling full time anytime soon. I'm gonna have to say either Wade Barrett or Randy Orton, mostly Randy Orton. I'm just assuming they'll have Randy Orton set up in a match against Miz for the title, because Miz has yet to beat him 100% fair and square for the title.

WELL THEN AGAIN MORE I THINK ABOUT IT IGOT SOMETHING. MAYBE AT THE ROYAL RUMBLE CHRIS JERICO COMES BACK AT NUMBER 30 AND WINS I DONT KNOW IF CHRIS JERICO HAS EVER WON A ROYAL RUMBLE LET HIM WIN IT THEN BEAT MIZ AT WRESTLEMANIA HELL THATS SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD CAUSE ITS KINNDA UNEXPECTED

I believe WWE will protect the Miz by having him lose it in a multiple man match like the EC. I would say either Orton or Cena to win it at the EC. HHH to eliminate the Miz in the match to set up a Wrestlemania match between Miz and HHH.

I could see him taking it to wrestlemania. He is actually one of the best draws in the buisness now, in my opinion, because of his past on the real world. Even though he worked his way to the top and everything, his past still makes him recognizeable to the people that don't really watch wrestling. I could see him beating john morrison at royal rumble and then john morrison winning a match to face him at mania. I think that might really make morrison and it would be a great fued to continue.

Gotta go with the logical choice with Randy Orton. I mean a heel has to lose the title to a face so Randy Orton will be the perfect candidate to take the WWE Championship from The Miz. He's been building up a short miny feud with him during the numerous tag matches they've been in together. To be honest, I don't know what there is for Randy to do other than contend for the WWE Championship. So yeah, it will most likely be Randy Orton who is the foil to The Miz's first WWE Championship reign.

2. When will it happen?

Hard to say. There has been a lot of talk about Miz headlining Wrestlemania, but to be perfectly honest, I don't see that happening. He'll probably lose the WWE Championship maybe at Elimination Chamber. I mean it's pretty likely he won't lose to Morrison at the Royal Rumble. So it's either Wrestlemania or Elimination Chamber. My pick is Elimination Chamber. That way Miz is losing to 5 guys not just one. It would keep him looking good.

Well, keep it going with the off and on rilvary between Orton and Miz. Keep having Miz scurry his way into win after win. Have Randy Orton get pissed about it and challenge him for the title. Miz says no and what not next thing we know Randy RKOs Miz and punts him. Miz comes back two weeks later and says ok. Make it personal so we get to see an agressive side of the Miz. Then have Orton win at Wrestlemania after interference and a couple run ins. Then have Randy RKO Cole again or something. Not much of a story but it could work.

I believe WWE will protect the Miz by having him lose it in a multiple man match like the EC.

Why would you protect The Miz? He's not even being booked as a strong champion when he faces Jerry Lawler, why would they try to make him look slightly stronger when facing John Cena or Triple H?

I voted for John Cena for an obvious reason, he's the best option. John Morrison is a very good option to beat The Miz, but he's not ready to be the Dudley Do-Right to Miz's Snidely Whiplash. I think while the majority of fans care about JoMo at this point, he's not the same level as a guy like the Miz, and the fans would love to see a giant star stop Miz more than a relatively small name like Morrison.

Randy Orton would be a good option if he didn't drop the belt to The Miz in the first place. With Wrestlemania coming up, nobody really wants to see The Miz vs. Orton again so soon, and Orton already had his chance and he couldn't beat The Miz.

John Cena is the best choice because everyone is foaming at the mouth to see the cocky Miz knocked down a few pegs, and nobody has that ability quite like Cena.

If I may speak metaphorically, The Miz is running at a thousand miles per hour right now, and any obstacle that's been thrown in his way, he's managed to make it through. Sometimes he slows down, but he regains speed after he makes it through the debris. John Cena is a solid cement wall, a foot thick as it is high, and what better imagery could there be for The Miz's downfall than him just slamming right into the cement wall that is John Cena? I can't think of anything.

John Cena is no stranger to stopping a new guy in his tracks. In fact, he did it just over a year ago to Miz himself. Miz has since recovered from his defeat by an injured Cena, but how fantastic would it be to see Cena stop him again? The feud would write itself, Miz claiming he's finally better than Cena, and declaring his loss to him at The 2009 The Bash ancient history. He can call Cena out again, and this time he will beat him, though he will of course have some help from his friends and possibly a heel referee in Michael Cole. Cena knows that the match was a joke, but he's John fucking Cena, and he doesn't lose to anyone no matter what the circumstance.

They feud from Elimination Chamber to Wrestlemania, and we maybe see John Cena take Alex Riley out on the Monday before Wrestlemania. At Wrestlemania itself, John Cena and Miz put on a good back and forth match, but at the last minute Cole tries to screw over Cena by getting the Miz DQ'd. Before he can cause any damage though Cena hits the AA on Cole, and sticks Miz in the STF and makes him tap. Could you imagine a better end to a year of Wrestling? Seeing the two most obnoxious faces in the WWE get their asses handed to them, lying in the ring as John Cena stands tall? I certainly can't. And that is why John Cena is the man to foil the Miz.

I think it'll be John Cena. The two have a short history from about a year ago. However, this history is part of what propelled the Miz in the first place, IMO.

Now with Miz be the cowardly heel champion with all the interference and what not that happens in his matches, Cena is the only logical choice I can think of that can overcome such odds since Cena is known for doing this type of super heroic fight against what seems to be impossible forces against him.

2. When will it happen?

I see Cena taking the title on the biggest stage of them all Wrestlemania. The feud will likely start after Cena and Punk finish their feud and the Miz and Morrison finish up theirs as well.

Leading up to the EC, Miz, after beating Morrison will brag about how everyone thought Big Bad Orton would take him out but it didn't happen and how everyone thought that Morrison would do the job but wrong on that count as well. Now, there is really nobody in the back who can take what belongs to the Miz. Little does he know that Cena (who he thinks was put on a shelf by Punk) is on the mend and should be good to go at the EC. Over the next couple of weeks, they exchange verbal barbs and Miz sneak attacks Cena a time or two focusing on whatever injury Cena may have. At the EC, Miz, along with Punk and pehaps another Superstar eliminate a less than 100% Cena and Miz comes out of the EC by the skin of his teeth as still the WWE champ.

Now, Cena is on the shelf for what we think is two months or longer. Miz brags how not even the invincible John Cena can't take his title. He then goes on to have squash matches against different jobbers in the weeks leading up to WM. After every match, the Miz belittles his opponent and then ties it in to how he is unstoppable and nobody can stop him. He then goes on to try to injure his opponents and "put them on the shelf with John Cena." Miz refers to this as his trophy case with Cena being the biggest prize of all.

A week, or maybe two before WM, Miz is going overboard during one of his matches when Cena's music hits and out come Cena, fully healthy. Miz turns tail and runs. He dodges Cena for as long as he can until someone (perhaps the anonymous GM if that still exists) makes the match for WM and bans Riley from ringside along with Micheal Cole. So who going to call the match in Cole's absence? Why good ole JR of course! Who better to put over both wrestlers?

Now here's the swerve.

The Miz actually wrestles Cena clean for the most part at WM. Cena wins and wins clean but not until the Miz takes him to the limit...cleanly.

Both come out looking like a million bucks. Miz stays heel and Cena stays face but even though he loses the title to Cena, the Miz gets put over by wrestling a clean match and he gets tons of credibility out of it.

This is not necessarily what think will definitely happen but it's what I'd like to see.

I still believe that if Miz loses the championship, it'll be to Cena.

I believe John Cena will be the one who will end up taking the title off The Miz.

2. When will it happen?

I think that Miz will beat Morrison at Royal Rumble, but then at EC, he ends up losing the title to Cena.

I believe CM Punk will end up winning the Rumble by eliminating Cena in a heelish manner to win and this will be beginning in setting the pieces for a Cena/Punk WM 27 main event as Miz gets left in the dark when it comes to getting a rematch as how it occur'd with Undertaker and Sheamus last year where they lost their titles only to feud with Shawn Michaels and Triple H respectively.

Id like to see a Punk vs. The Miz fued for the title. But the simple fact is NOONE is on the level of The miz. For the next year i dont see anyone that can foil the mix...Is there a vote for Noone??

As of now it looks like the next big feud in the WWE is going to be John Cena vs CM Punk. With the Rumble and then Elimination Chamber being the next two ppv's there really isn't a spot for those two to have a major one on one match. I believe they will end up eliminating each other at the Rumble and then will both be in the RAW EC match. I see one of the two winning the title at EC and that will set up a match between the two for the title at Mania.

I'm actually going to go out on somewhat of a limb and say that it will be Punk winning the title at EC. So Miz will lose the title at the Elimination Chamber ppv to CM Punk and that will set up the big one on one showdown at Mania between Punk and Cena for the title.

This one is hard, maybe Sheamus? I mean, I don't know. WWE is a mess right now.

2. When will it happen?

Hopefully at Elimination Chamber.

If I were booking it, he would have to drop it by Wrestlemania.

I said this in another thread, he is not ready to main event Wrestlemania this year.

There is no way. They've done a great job building him (and people say the WWE doesn't build new stars). But there is no way that the WWE can make him hated enough so that people will pay to see him lose the title at Wrestlemania.

I would have him in "test match" like they did with Sheamus and Triple H this year.

But I would have him go over to have any credibility.

At this point, I think that it's really wide open to some degree. I don't believe that it'll be Cena. Last thing I read on him & Punk's feud this past week said that their feud is currently scheduled to culminate at WM 27. If/When Triple H makes his return, I fully expect him to resume his feud with Sheamus. I won't be at all surprised to see Trips make a return at the Royal Rumble, maybe eliminate Sheamus from the Rumble himself, thus setting up their match at WM. Wade Barrett does need something to do but I simply don't see him being the one to take the WWE Championship from The Miz. I like Barrett a lot but I don't think that Barrett is quite big enough yet to main event WM and make it seem like a huge main event.

I'm kind of hoping, at least right now, that The Miz eventually has to contend with both Morrison & Orton in a three way feud for the title, culminating in a triple threat match at Mania. Orton is a well established, big name star so having him be there with two of the most over young stars in the company right now has a good feel to it. If the WWE intends for The Miz to drop the title at WM, doing it in a triple threat match is a simple and effective way to protect his credibility.

I cannot see how John Morrison's push is going to look like a waste if he doesn't finally capture the world title after his long-awaited "push". Cena would be the more obvious option if it weren't for the fact that it looks like he is going to be involved with punk at least for a little while. Orton would be the only other major option, but orton is like stone cold in one respect.... better off without the title, it actually enhances his character when he has to fight FOR the title. Not to mention he has seen enough of it this year, and there is other limitless options they could use for him instead of having him get his title back so soon.

2. When will it happen?

This is a bit tougher. The general consensus is that Miz won't be champ going into mania. I think this has some truth and likelihood to it but I don't see Morrison being champ then either. So I see a couple of options as to how this could go...
1) Morrison wins the belt first attempt. A little hard to book legit with the potential interference A-Ri may bring to the match, therefore having orton look out for Morrison in the match, negating any interference is a possibility. This likely means the belt gets dropped from both Miz AND Morrison before mania and passed onto bigger current stars like Cena or Barrett, but leaves open the possibility that their feud can continue until and including mania itself.
2) This one is far-fetched I know. AT Wrestlemania! Two guys who aren't really over putting on a main event match? Wrestlemania is "all about the money", as one great entrepreneur once said.. the money matches that can draw. The fairly long awaited feud of the former constituents of one of the greatest tag teams this decade.... this prospect, coupled with the fact that the match will almost certainly be pretty great, is a good predicate to what would would otherwise be the tell-tale sign of a bad year of wrestling.
Either of these I think could work, and would be the best and most likely outcomes.

Both guys using the ammo of their former partnership to fuel the feud with a possible dirt sheet segment within. There is no other alternative for a competitor like Morrison who is a resilient guy, than to win clean. The only real question if Morrison does become the foil, is when?

Probably Cena at Wrestlemania. I know he's kind of cliched but he's so over it's disgusting. Can't say he doesn't deserve it.

2. When will it happen?

Wrestlemania, no doubt. Can't see him losing it before then.

If I were a booker I'd do it differently. I'd pull a "Hulk Hogan / Wrestlemania IX" and have Miz beat Cena cleanly at Wrestlemania (or cheat) and then I'd have Morrison come out and make his career and win it from him after Miz makes an open challenge or something.

Maybe I wouldn't do that, I'd have to think about it but I'd have Morrison or Kofi take it from him; not an obvious Cena or Triple H type.

Side Note on Miz's Title Victory

Anyone else notice how Michael Cole keeps arguing that "in the history of the Money in the Bank, everyone who has won that match has done what Miz did to get the belt" I.E. cheat.

Does anyone else but me remember RVD winning it and then challenging Cena to a one on one match at a PPV and winning it? He didn't sack someone after they were completely KO'd. Kinda annoys me when Cole ignores that though I know he can't say, "Everyone in the history of the MIB ... except Rob Van Dam ... has cheated to win the title!"

John Cena.

2. When will it happen?

Wrestlemania.

There's no point in doing anything convoluted as everyone knows Cena will win, so I think the best idea is simply to bar everyone from ringside and have Miz put up a tremendous losing effort that will up his credibility for the future.

I think jomo at mania and i think he wins the rumble, then says he is waiting til after the chamber to choose, somehow miz retains atthe chamber, probably with riley somehow, and then JoMo and he get going in a great match at mania that is the staple of their long feud, jomo wins it some athletic way like an amazing scf reversal or something..

I think it will be John Cena! If Miz is going to keep the belt til WrestleMania then who better than to take the strap from him than the face of WWE??? This also means Orton may not be getting his revenge...

2. When will it happen?
WrestleMania!! The biggest stage! maybe even main event!!

I'm not really good at booking and so am not gonna give it a try! :icon_neutral:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back