• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE Breaking Point

Never know how it could turn out, after all, the whole PPV may well be booked to make it look like they are forcing wrestlers out of their element, at least that's how I'd do it.

Like others have said, all of WWE's PPV's are pretty much the same, the finishes of matches are nearly always pinfalls or DQ's, so they could book it to take all of their wrestlers out of their comfort zone, make it feel like anyone could be beaten.

Or they might do something completely different with the whole idea.

To me this is like a tea-bag to Bret Hart after the screw job. 12 years later Vince McMahon can't still get his head out of his ass. Every one knows that Bret got screwed in Montreal off the half-ass Sharpshooter by HBK. Now they want to go back and make a submission only PPV? That is a slap to the face to the fans in Montreal. This is just wrong. Not only is this idea a bad one but also an embarrassment.

....what? I really don't follow your logic here. How does a ppv with a submission theme translate to the Montreal Screwjob and a "fuck you" to Bret Hart? Since when are ALL submissions related to that day?

Breaking Point is a cool name for a ppv, but I'm not a fan of them making it a submission themed card, even if its just the main event matches. The same goes for Hell in a Cell. If you make it a card that revolves around having a gimmick, you can't have that gimmick anywhere else. For some, it works. The Royal Rumble is perfect the way it is, but you can still have a battle royal on an episode of Raw or something cause it doesn't mean as much. The Elimination Chamber definitely should be a mainstay for No Way Out. Cyber Sunday has a cool gimmick for the ppv, as does Night of Champions, Extreme Rules, and Survivor Series.

But if you pick a gimmick match and just relocate it to one ppv a year, you limit your options too much. If we have Hell in a Cell as a ppv, we'll never have another Hell in a Cell any other time of the year. This means they'll be scrambling to figure out feuds for the HIAC as opposed to letting them progress naturally. When we had the HIAC with Taker/Edge, it felt right, didn't it? It won't mean as much if the ppv itself revolves around it, as opposed to the FEUD leading to it. If you only have submission matches at Breaking Point, you won't see any submission matches at Extreme Rules or in the middle of nowhere on a ppv like Judgment Day.

Hopefully this is a one time only thing and they don't keep it for next year, as it screws up their number of gimmicks to pick from at random intervals.

I agree, when you had feuds like Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker for example in the first HIAC that was special when you reached that level. Now for the HIAC PPV they could have any match thrown together at last minute in the HIAC. Could you imagine a divas HIAC match or a Khali/Kane HIAC... my point exactly. That's terrible, too much of a good thing could be bad. I too don't see how Breaking Point relates to Bret Hart or the Montreal Screw Job. It was 12 years ago wrasslin fans, get over it. Bret has. But the idea of a submission only PPV is piss poor since no one in WWE is famous for their submissions except Jericho and Cena maybe.

A good name for this pay per view could be break the walls but other than that i still think that breaking point is a good name. In terms of the gimmick i think it could work the show could show some real innovations of moves like i don't know randy orton comes up with a power submission or this pay per view could show some other people like charlie haas and his haas of pain but thats about all i could think of. I think this pay per view will be one of the best or one of the worst just because in terms of submission it could be really suspensful and good or fall flat on it's face by having the mid card matches end when one of them gets there first submission hold. But hopefully thats not the case and the pay per view could show a really technical side of wrestling. So yeah thats it.

....what? I really don't follow your logic here. How does a ppv with a submission theme translate to the Montreal Screwjob and a "fuck you" to Bret Hart? Since when are ALL submissions related to that day?

Breaking Point is a cool name for a ppv, but I'm not a fan of them making it a submission themed card, even if its just the main event matches. The same goes for Hell in a Cell. If you make it a card that revolves around having a gimmick, you can't have that gimmick anywhere else. For some, it works. The Royal Rumble is perfect the way it is, but you can still have a battle royal on an episode of Raw or something cause it doesn't mean as much. The Elimination Chamber definitely should be a mainstay for No Way Out. Cyber Sunday has a cool gimmick for the ppv, as does Night of Champions, Extreme Rules, and Survivor Series.

But if you pick a gimmick match and just relocate it to one ppv a year, you limit your options too much. If we have Hell in a Cell as a ppv, we'll never have another Hell in a Cell any other time of the year. This means they'll be scrambling to figure out feuds for the HIAC as opposed to letting them progress naturally. When we had the HIAC with Taker/Edge, it felt right, didn't it? It won't mean as much if the ppv itself revolves around it, as opposed to the FEUD leading to it. If you only have submission matches at Breaking Point, you won't see any submission matches at Extreme Rules or in the middle of nowhere on a ppv like Judgment Day.

Hopefully this is a one time only thing and they don't keep it for next year, as it screws up their number of gimmicks to pick from at random intervals.

I guess you did not understand what I said. The fans in Montreal is not going to like the fact that WWE is going to make an all submission PPV after what happened to Bret 12 years ago. The "Screw-Job" sparked because of the "submission" from HBK. Yes, they are going to still buy tickets and go there but they are going to boo their asses off because to them it is going to be a slap on the face.

You and another person replied to my statement before saying what is the connection. I clearly said the connection in my first statement. You can not tell me that it is a coincidence that an all submission pay-per-view is going to happen in Montreal after what happened that Survivor Series. Guaranteed that some superstars are going to question this ppv for the meaning. Trust me some people will think about that connection. It may be the past but it is a memory that can be thought of again.

I guess you did not understand what I said. The fans in Montreal is not going to like the fact that WWE is going to make an all submission PPV after what happened to Bret 12 years ago. The "Screw-Job" sparked because of the "submission" from HBK. Yes, they are going to still buy tickets and go there but they are going to boo their asses off because to them it is going to be a slap on the face.

You and another person replied to my statement before saying what is the connection. I clearly said the connection in my first statement. You can not tell me that it is a coincidence that an all submission pay-per-view is going to happen in Montreal after what happened that Survivor Series. Guaranteed that some superstars are going to question this ppv for the meaning. Trust me some people will think about that connection. It may be the past but it is a memory that can be thought of again.

So you're saying they're going to walk into a slap in the face?!?!?:headscratch:, Wow Canadian wrestling fans must be dumber than fuck

In all seriousness Hart fans need to get over this already it happen 12 FUCKING YEARS AGO!!!!!, for fuck sake move the fuck on already, at this point you're just grasping a straws, and entire PPV of submission matches is in no way, shape, or form a slap in the face to Bret Hart or any of his fans, I mean seriously unless Vince plans on coming down for each match and having the bell rung prematurely and screwing the face in every danm match on the card I don't see how this is a "slap in the face" to anyone, I'm sure Vince wasn't sitting around brainstorming new ideas and thought, "Hey ya know what would really piss off my Canadian fanbase?, and whole PPV of Submission matches, and you know what I think we have a PPV scheduled to take place in Montreal this year, we can have it then, surely that will alienate them cost me Millions!!!":rolleyes:

First and foremost, Off-Topic; I hope what Justin said about the All Hell in a Cell Pay per view that'll be following this one is a joke and nothing of any seriousness. If W.W.E is trying to pull off, not one, but TWO all-same gimmick Pay per views.. it'll be a huge failure. (Then again, depending which Pay per views they're getting rid of - who really knows, I suppose it may not hurt to attempt drawing in more money. Lockdown seems to be a big hit for being all of the same thing. Thats also not saying much, though)

Now then - On Topic:

I'm not a fan of Submission matches in general. If I was, I'd be a bigger MMA/UFC fan, which I'm not. All in all, the Company doesn't have very many Superstars who use Submissions on a regular basis - much less to be capable of suddenly using them to win matches. When I think of this Pay per view, happening in Montreal, I think of three definite things that will more than likely happen.

1. John Cena will make yet another Superstar tap out to the S.T.F

2. The Undertaker will make someone tap out to his Hell's Gates Submission.

3. Shawn Michaels will get booed out of the fricken building, when he attempts to win a match by using the Sharpshooter. :lmao: And it'll be worth every single cent, because Canadians will show the world why well over a Decade later - they still haven't moved on.

All in all, I think this Pay per view would be amazing if they put Cena against the Undertaker, in the Main Event. That, however, is a WrestleMania 26 match waiting to ruin everyone's favorite Wrestlemania moment.

In the end, this Pay per view will either bring in more money than the original show its taking the spot of.. or it'll fail because no one is going to want to take the chance - and just wait to hear the reviews of how it failed because no one took the chance. LOL

I would say that given that the Hart family were all from Canada and Bret Hart was looked at as a National Hero and the style of matches the entire family worked were more technical than most, I'd say that if anything, the Canadian fans are more apt to enjoy the PPV.

And you're crazy if you think this has ANYTHING to do with Bret, Owen, or any of the Harts.

Now, on topic. I'm really not liking the name of the PPV, but I am kinda intrigued by the concept. We'll have to see how they build towards the PPV. As stated above, it takes everybody out of their element because almost nobody on the roster uses a submission as a finisher besides Taker, Jericho and Cena so it makes it seem like anybody can lose their match and keeps the unpredictability up.

So you're saying they're going to walk into a slap in the face?!?!?:headscratch:, Wow Canadian wrestling fans must be dumber than fuck

In all seriousness Hart fans need to get over this already it happen 12 FUCKING YEARS AGO!!!!!, for fuck sake move the fuck on already, at this point you're just grasping a straws, and entire PPV of submission matches is in no way, shape, or form a slap in the face to Bret Hart or any of his fans, I mean seriously unless Vince plans on coming down for each match and having the bell rung prematurely and screwing the face in every danm match on the card I don't see how this is a "slap in the face" to anyone, I'm sure Vince wasn't sitting around brainstorming new ideas and thought, "Hey ya know what would really piss off my Canadian fanbase?, and whole PPV of Submission matches, and you know what I think we have a PPV scheduled to take place in Montreal this year, we can have it then, surely that will alienate them cost me Millions!!!":rolleyes:

Well he did make the XFL. lol

Didn't CM Punk use an Anaconda Vice or something when he started out?

I want to see Rey execute the Cattle Mutilation on The Great Khali. will never happen, but WTH.

So I am currently watching Breaking Point and all the advertising that went into this pay-per-view was being delivered with information saying that this is a night of submissions and every match will end by tap out or quitting in world title case. Now they didn't say clearly that there would be pinfall matches, I don't remember them clearly saying that this is what the pay per view would be like, im dissapointed a little, i'm not every much into all submissions but in this sense if your going to advertise it then do it, anyways i am just wondering on your thoughts of breaking point which currently holds only 2 submission matches and 1 I Quit match.

(PS- i have been watching ecw and they have clearly shown that they were going for a submission match, and as i speak they just said that the match can end by pinfall and submission)

Ok, I havn't watched any wrestling for about a month now, but I have seen numerous adds for this PPV on DirecTV over the past couple weeks, and I do remember them saying that all the MAIN EVENT matches will be decided by submission style matches, and then they go on to showcase the Taker/Punk submission match, Orton/Cena "I Quit" match and the DX/Legacy Submission counts anywhere match, so I guessing those are the only matches they consider ME matches and so those are the only ones that follow the submission theme, personally I could care less, I have zero interest in WWE ATM and find this Pack/Bears game to be far and away more entertaining than pretty much anything WWE has given me in the past 6 months

alright so two submission matches and an I quit, I am sure last time there was an I quit match there was atleast two tag matches or such. So why not change the name o fthat pay per view to Tag Team Mania or something that has to do with tag matches. The guys with submissions didn't even finish the matches with submissions. It would have been nice to see a walls of jericho or atleast a regal strech attempt. Just a major letdown and I am not sure why they needed the name change.

You have to look at the other point of view, if every match ended in submission it would feel competely unreal. People would be outragged that the only time they get a submission finish is a ppv with the title. I personally like that they haven't used submission finishes in all the matches. Glad its only in the Main Events.

Oh alright now Jim Ross stated next ppv at Hell In A Cell every match "deemed" a main event will be contested in Hell In A Cell. I guess the ECW world title wasn't seen as main event stuff for the ecw match which ende din pinfall tonight:p atleast wwe acknowledges this

it was a waste of $40 for me. i did not like the way they screwed taker out of the WHC after he beat CM Punk with his submission hold.

Well I don't mean to rub it in anyone's face but I told everyone that this PPV would be a dud on my thread and got bashed well in all your faces who bashed me.

Now seriously the match has been dead for years and barley anyone uses submissions now a days and I mentioned over a million times on my thread this PPV has a crappy stipulation that will not live up to the hype.I did not mean to say the PPV was crap even though it was I just meant to say why make a PPV based on a dead match and based on this PPV I was 100 percent right this PPV wasn't anything special especially the over hyped Undertaker VS CM Punk man what a let down.

the ecw title isnt seen as main event, its mid card at best.

although the finish was a bit crappy im glad they didnt make cm punk look weak by ending the run so soon and a heel teddy long works well. besides who would taker have feuded with as punk would have been out of the picture..

the only good match in my opinion was the DX/Legacy match. everything else sucked(Orton Losing) or predictable(every other match)

and then it comes to the Montreal Screwjob for the new generation.

Do you think that the Screwing of Taker will live like the screwing of Bret has and become an Iconic time in wrestling? What will taker do now. i know it's all predetermined..but it seemed like Taker was truely shocked by what Teddy said. Do you think he(Taker) knew the "fix" was in

Yeah, I was pretty sure that they made it a point to stress that EVERY match was to end by submission, aside from the I Quit Match. But once again, apparently WWE makes their own rules and don't inform any of us about them.

Is the writing team seriously so bad that they have to continually re hash old stories. And, I know that all we see has been done before....but why are they trying to recreate Montreal '97? That was an iconic moment that just lost about all of its prestige tonight. And CM PUNK? Yeah, he's a regular Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. Please.

On the bright side, we do get two hours of Canada's finest export TRISH STRATUS tomorrow night!!

You have to look at the other point of view, if every match ended in submission it would feel competely unreal. People would be outragged that the only time they get a submission finish is a ppv with the title. I personally like that they haven't used submission finishes in all the matches. Glad its only in the Main Events.

While it may seem 'unreal,' everyone watching KNOWS it's not real anyway, so that kind of doesn't mean anything. And the matches wouldn't all have to end in a submission by coinidence. WWE could just ban pinfalls for the evening. Oh, well. I was looking forward to something different, which an all-submission ppv would have been.

the whole ppv was terrible.not one good match.not one!punk and taker WTF i dont careabout the finish.but the whole match itself didnt deliver in the least! i enjoyed orton and cena more than that sad excuse for a main event.good god i knew breaking point was a terrible idea from the get go.noiw that i witnessed it with my own eyes.i was right.i was so disappointed with the overall ppv.i sure as hell hope they make up for it at hell in a cell.fucking wwe i pay my hard earned money on there product and this is what i get.you can all bash me if you like.this ppv was a complete dud in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back