Breaking Point - World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk vs. Undertaker (Submission Match)

HeartWong

Dark Match Jobber

World Heavyweight Champion CM Punk will face the supernatural scourge of the reemerging Undertaker at the brand new pay-per-view WWE Breaking Point, where every main event will be contested as a submission match.
I don't think they will make the Undertaker will tap out or lose at his first PPV match since WM25..
I don't think they will make Punk's title reign last for 1 ppv only.
I wonder how will the match go..
Guess we'll have to wait and see.
The Straight Edge Superstar against the Lord Of The Darkness.. :eek:

What are your thoughts on this match? :eek:

[youtube]rDZIP3lLE5o&NR=1[/youtube]

That is the only time I can think of the undertaker tapping out.

He has been in the WWE for almost 20 years, and he has only tapped out once? And he is supposed to tap out to CM Punk?

To and to that, Undertaker come back from one of the biggest wins of his life, and loses?

I really don't know how Undertaker can possibly lose this match. but that being said, I really want Punk to win so he gets some credibility. But his losing means that Undertaker can face a returning Edge in the future. Perhaps this means Edge will get to return as a heel.

Dude... the tapout wasn't made official. He was pinning Kurt there too. That doesn't count.

But yeah, I don't know how this one will go. Probably some crazy controversal ending only prolonging it, making it a feud. I'd like a straight up win out of Taker though. He never got that good long title reign he use to want. Personally, CM Punk looks out matched to me. Punk is alright, but to be put into a submission title match on a ppv with a real legend like Taker is troubling.

Ok. Lets break this down....
CM Punk had a rival with Jeff Hardy, some great matches....But what was the fude about? Straight edge life vs. "Non-Straight edge" life? And now thats gone, what is CM Punk? A guy who has a championship. Not alot for the Dead Man to run off of. Sure, he wants his title, but thats it. I dont see this going anywhere. But, CM Punk needs to keep the title to stay on top. If not, hes quickly turned into a lower level guy who just got lucky. Hes main event material, and they need to use that.
But you just can't make Undertaker tap out. Hes hasn't tapped out in years. He's not going to tap out anytime soon. Also, his return after WM 25? No way would he loose his first bout back... So what to do? What does the developing team do?
Heres what should happen. CM Punk vs. Undertaker at Breaking Point. Just as Undertaker is about to choke out CM Punk, someone (Hopefully Edge) comes out and breaks it up. But heres the trick. They don't do another Undertaker vs. Edge fude. They focus Edge on the title, Undertaker on Edge (for stoping his title opprotunity) and CM Punk running for his life. This will lead into a triple threat match for the title. These 3 guys could have quite a bout. It's 3 different styles, and it would make quite the PPV.

Here's my take on it. I think they'll try to bring Edge back face this time. He's been heel for too long, but I could be wrong, because in an interview a year or so back, he mentioned that he loves being a heel. Now when they bring him back, who's he gonna fight? Taker or Punk?

Well before we get into that..

Let's look at it like this. They both have a signature move that's a submission. Taker has the devil's triangle, and Punk has the anaconda vice. Which is stronger? I think Taker has this hands down. Not to mention it would be hard enough for CM Punk to lift him so he could hit the GTS.

Now back to the storyline aspect, I think they have Taker win, shortening Punk's title reign. This says nothing about his credibility though, because he's won the title once before, around a year and a half ago, and also some of the greatest champions of today won their first title on a "lucky" night. Randy Orton won his first title, kept it for a month, and lost it to HHH. The two went on to have one of the biggest feuds I can remember, and are still involved in it.

My guess is that Taker wins, and he and Punk go on to have an epic feud, resulting in Punk getting the championship back in a match type more suiting to him. Probably a ladder match, or and extreme rules match. But I think Taker wins, and then Punk gets the upset when he beats Taker at Hell in a Cell on 10-4-09

The problem there being Edge isn't fit to return yet. I imagine thye'll have Punk get DQd or something, it is too early for him to drop the belt but Taker is not losing lean via submission in his return to the WWE. The only way I see it ending is DQ/count out.

I can see the dq happening, but I also think that we have to think Hell in a Cell is coming up, so you know Taker will main event that. Hell he invented the whole damn match basically.

yeah I'm as much of a punk fan as anyone. I've been watching him since his debut, and I would love to see him hold a title, but after thinking it over, I'm thinking Punk gets dq'ed, so there's a HIAC match at HIAC. Then I'm guessing these two feud it over for a good while.

Not to be off topic but in anyones opinion. Do you think Punk has vastly improved his WWE Brownie Points? Meaning more respect due to the past year of his work. IMO he is the WWE Superstar of the year. Between great matches on tv/ppv and his great mic work.

The only way I can explain this match happening, is that it was meant for Hardy v Taker, but Jeff had to be all selfish and leave early. Perhaps to avoid this match?

What everyone here is forgetting, it seems, is that Punk has an amazing submission finisher, the Anaconda Vice. Will he make Taker tap, probably not, but bringing the move to the WWE would be a nice way for him still look like a credible opponent to the Deadman.

I'll go with Taker winning, using the gogoplata, and then ending the short feud with Punk at Hell In A Cell. He'll probably end up keeping it until the Rumble, where he'll drop it to *insert returning superstar here*, and then have a rematch at Mania.

OMG the Undertaker has never tapped!!!11 This isn't his freakin' undefeated streak. If the WWE had any sense at all, they'd make Punk tap Taker out. Punk's last two title reigns were nothing, so he needs *someone* to put him over as a credible champion, and who better than Taker to do it? What has Taker got to lose? Well, I doubt that's going to happen, so hopefully Punk retains in some other heelish fashion.

The only two people who are waiting to return are Batista and Edge, and I don't want to see either of them feuding with the Phenom again. Unless, of course, Batista turns heel, Taker turns heel, and Edge turns face. So, with most of those out of the question, let's move on, shall we?

Punk over Taker at Breaking Point, then hopefully, at HIAC. Punk needs to hold on to that belt for a long time.

I'm looking forward to this match because to be quite honest, anything could happen here.

I have to believe that Punk will come out of this one with the title belt around his waist. I think that if the Undertaker comes back and at the first opportunity, take the title away from CM Punk, then CM Punk will really have no credibility left. However, The Undertaker is the one person that you can actually see taking the belt from him. I think it will be a good match because The Undertaker is very good at what he does and if he does take the belt from CM Punk it will probably be a good title feud. I personally think that CM Punk will probably pick up the win and will get a good rub from the Undertaker. I just think though, how is Punk going to tap the Undertaker out? I don't know but I am sure that they will have it done somehow.

Hey, im a new poster here, but i'm a devoted wwe and tna fan. My opinion is to give Punk lotz of more credibility not as a champion but a superstar himself, he makez Taker tap out, but it's not inside the ring (idk how this would work out, but maybe the flow of the match could just cause Punk to get pissed and use the Andaconda Vise outside the ring). The crowd is boo'ing like theres no 2marrow, JR and Todd are in complete shock, then when, idk who stops Punk from leaving, maybe a suprise return of someone who use to be associated with Undertaker, or maybe a new assistant gm for smackdown, says the tap was unofficial, restarting the match, and then idc who wins, cause i like both of these men's skills in the ring.

This is looking like a DQ/countout loss for CM punk so they can keep the strap on him. I really hope the WWE doesnt take the strap off Punk right when hes gaining momentum. It looks impossible to me right now that the WWE would make this "coward" CM punk character theyve made up and have him make Taker tap out. I have a feeling that Taker will get his rematch and win the title at HIAC.

The PPV is in Montreal so don't be surprised if this match end in some what of a screwjob. You know that vince will want to do a screwjob type ending in montreal and why not having it during that match since it doesn'T make sense to take the belt of c.m. punk and having undertaker submit doesn't work either. So am guessing that C.M. Punk will put some sort of submission hold on Taker and then the belt will ring without taker quitting.

Then after this match you found out that Punk paid the referee to ring the belt early and they got into a rematch at the next PPV.

In exactly what dream world do you guys live in that a TORN ACHILLES TENDON heals in 2 months?

Cause if that is at all possible someone take this information to the NFL cause Edge has not even possibly been cleared to start rehab let alone get back in the ring and wrestle.

Just everyone keep dreaming about that but Edge comes back the earliest at Royal Rumble and that is a BIG STRETCH because torn Achilles usually put guys out for at least 12 months

I personaly hope ut, makes punk tap with the triangle choke, since with rey gone, ut is the only credible one on smackdown now who could carry the belt. I have never bought cm punk as champ, in any of his reigns, since he just seems too plain to me and not beliveable as champ. Also I saw another poster say they could seem him becoming the next edge. No way that will happen Edge has way more of "it" then punk will ever have.

The only way Punk comes out still champion is by DQ, but other than that Undertaker will def win here. He's never officially tapped out before, but at the same time, I don't see him winning the title just yet. It would be nice to see Taker chase the title for a bit before getting the gold. John Morrison is waiting in the wings and Taker chasing the gold may be a problem with Morrison so close to being ready.

Undertaker wins, either by submission or DQ, so we'll see what happens at Breaking Point.

If you ask me, I would think that Theodore Long would have to make this submission match, no DQ or countout. I mean, C.M. Punk has been crossing paths with Long for several weeks now, and with Long knowing that Punk might try to take the easy way out, he should automatically make it no DQ or countout, but only for Punk. This way, if Punk wins, he'll win legitimately or if Punk loses, then he can make it seem like it was all Theodore Long and The Undertaker's fault, for screwing him.

To be honest, I don't see why Undertaker should lose in his first ppv back. On the other hand, I don't see C.M. Punk losing the title in the next ppv after he won it. Even though it isn't going to be his 1st title defense. When Undertaker returned at Wrestlemania XX, he won against Kane. When he returned at Unforgiven 2007, he won against Mark Henry. So, you'd think that he would have to win this match. However this is a title match, and as it's been shown in the past, Undertaker has to be screwed out of the title many times before he wins it.

I think that The Undertaker needs the title a lot more than C.M. Punk does. Sure, Punk needs credibility as the champion, but Punk will be in the WWE for years after Undertaker is retired. And Undertaker needs to cement his already impress legacy with a nice dominant title reign. Even if it's very late in his career. C.M. Punk can have many title reigns in the future, but this fued with The Undertaker is a one time thing. Whether Punk is on the winning or losing end of the fued, it will still give Punk credibility because he is in the same ring as him. A loss against The Undertaker doesn't hurt anybody really.

The Undertaker has his "Devil's Triangle", and has learned to perfect it. C.M. Punk hasn't used his "Anaconda Vice" in over two years, but now would be as good a time as ever to bring it back. It looks very devastating, and if Undertaker were to tap out to it (PLEASE NO), I wouldn't be surprised. So, I'd say that The Undertaker should win this match, but WWE, assuming that they are having plans to have Taker win the title soon, will likely stall the title win, just to extend Punk's reign.

Prediction: C.M. Punk finds a way to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.

i would say that the only way this match would finish is that seeing that this is a submission match there is no countouts nor DQ's meaning that the finish could be something like cm punk blasting the undertaker with a chair several times and the hitting the anaconda vice and taker just simply passing out or pased out before the move was applied therefore losing the match without tapping out taker goes after revenge which escalades to the hell in a cell at the next ppv

To me I can't see anyone winning.cm punk losing his title to undertaker early will make him lose credibiltiy as champion from only having the title since summerslam.while undertaker just returned and no matter how much I want him to win his 7th world title he needs to help boost punk as a credible threat like he usually does to nearly every superstar he ever fueded with.so it seems they will have a lengthy fued for the world title.but with hell in a cell coming soon and the cell being known to end fueds maybe we mite see taker as a world champion for a while

[youtube]rDZIP3lLE5o&NR=1[/youtube]

That is the only time I can think of the undertaker tapping out.

He has been in the WWE for almost 20 years, and he has only tapped out once? And he is supposed to tap out to CM Punk?

To and to that, Undertaker come back from one of the biggest wins of his life, and loses?

I really don't know how Undertaker can possibly lose this match. but that being said, I really want Punk to win so he gets some credibility. But his losing means that Undertaker can face a returning Edge in the future. Perhaps this means Edge will get to return as a heel.

It's funny you showed this video. I assume this will be the ending to the match as Punk needs to stay champ, but it is also a good way for Taker not to lose the match and to keep the feud going.

This has the potential to be a very good match depending on who the victor is. Punk needs to win this match, and I'll be sorely disappointed if he doesn't. He's been on a roll lately, proving that his title runs aren't a fluke and that he's here to stay in the main event scene. Undertaker winning the title here would be such a waste. Having Punk go over a legend like 'Taker would truly solidify him as a champion. The WWE has a golden opportunity here to elevate Punk to that next level, and I truly hope they don't screw it up.

I'd love it for Punk to break out the Anaconda Vice, that'd be great. Either way I'm sure this is going to be a good match, I get the feeling these two will have some great chemistry.

I wanna say punk will win, im just not sure how. If i had to guess, it will probably involve punk either using outside interference, Kane, Mike Knox, etc., or using weapons to injure Taker, and then put him in a submission. Another scenario is maybe taker locking in the Hell's Gate while punk's foot is under the rope, and acidentally getting disqualified for not breaking the hold. I dunno, i love Undertaker, but having Punk drop the title now isn't a good idea. I really hate that they put the belt on Hardy for a month, because it broke up Punk's title reigns, and now dropping the title would make him look weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back