• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

After Breaking Point: Who will 'Taker feud with?

jsm

Dark Match Jobber
First of all, I am predicting Undertaker to win at Breaking Point because he has never tapped out, and never will tap out. Also, C.M. Punk can't escape by getting counted out or DQ'd because the only way to win is by submission. How long will this feud last? Will they have a match at Hell in a Cell, or will Undertaker move on to new challenges?

I hope this rivalry doesn't last two PPVs. The only reason I'm looking forward to this match is because it's 'Taker's first match since WrestleMania 25 (5 months) and I want to see him hold the title for the first time in over a year (and have a long title reign- not like the last two.) So, my prediction is that Undertaker will win the title at Breaking Point, and Punk will demand the rematch on SmackDown. Undertaker will win again, ending the rivalry. Then Undertaker can move on to more feuds- like with Kane. Now that Undertaker and Kane are on the same show, it's obvious that they will have a rivalry. I think they should battle inside Hell in a Cell at the next PPV. I have always wanted to see Undertaker vs Kane in HIAC, but it has never happened. Undertaker will pin Kane at HIAC and the feud will continue at Bragging Rights, with Undertaker also retaining. Then he can move on to a new challenge. I hope Finlay will turn heel before then, so Finlay and Undertaker can have a match at Survivor Series. He'll retain at Armageddon, and Royal Rumble before losing at No Way Out in an Elimination Chamber. During that match, Jericho will pin Undertaker, costing him the title, but Jericho will still lose the match. Jericho will brag about pinning Undertaker, and that will set up their match for WrestleMania and for Undertaker to go 18-0.

Those are some of my predictions about the next few months. Do you have any other ideas?

First off i am about 90% sure that Taker and Kane have been in a hell in a cell but i aint here to bag on you. I believe CM Punk is going really well at being a heel at the moment and i would hate to see Taker come back and in his first match win the title because it will be a kick in the nuts for CM Punk who has worked hard to get to where he is today so i believe Punk should win and continue the fued with taker maybe to Surviour Series. Just my thoughts

If Edge is ready, he'd be likely to feud with Jericho leading in to Mania.

This Undertaker-CM Punk thing is gonna go on much longer than just one PPV.

Jeff Hardy made Punk the #1 heel on Smackdown now, and with Taker the #1 face now that Jeff Hardy left, it doesn't make sense to have them engage in a short feud. This Punk-Taker thing is gonna go probably until Hell in a Cell or even all the way to Survivor Series. After that, assuming that Jericho and Show aren't still tag champs (or even a tag team), I can see a Taker dropping the belt to Jericho at Armageddon, only to have Edge come back and cost Jericho the strap in some sort of a stipulation match against Taker at the Rumble, thereby giving Taker the belt back heading into Mania and setting up Edge-Jericho for Mania as well.

Then whoever wins the Rumble will challenge Taker for the belt at Mania 26.

So although I don't see taker taping out to Punk. I just can't in good conscience see Punk losing this either.

I mean he is a heel now, its time for some shifty stuff to happen, maybe it goes No DQ or something before its all said and done and Punk KOs taker with a weapon or maybe they rush the American dragon up and give Punk a ROH stable and we see taker in cattle mutilation.

idk I'm clueless as to what will happen but if taker wins clean I'll be shocked and disappointed since Punk is at the moment looking like a strong heel for knocking of jeff hardy 2 times.

I'd like to see Kane and Taker work together, but not as opponents. That would probably not be as exciting of a match all though the build up may be good. But I'd much rather see The Brothers of Destruction take on Show and Jericho for the titles. But even this truce should be temporary, maybe even just a one night event. Undertaker and Kane have gone into two completely directions since earlier this decade.

Kane also needs to turn into the big red machine again (not necessarily with the mask). I'd have Undertaker come out after Kane looses to someone like Tyson Kid and have Undertaker berate Kane about how he is a disappointment and about how he has let the family down. This will lead to Kane turning into a dominant monster again.

I don't see Taker winning here. Also I do not remember there not being a no dq in this match. I don't know, but for some reason I don't see Punk dropping to Taker. They are trying to solidify Punk as a Main Eventer. What would it accomplish for him to win his 3rd title only to drop it at the next ppv? It doesn't do anything for him, but hurt him. Realistically I see this feud going to the Hell in a Cell ppv. I see Punk holding the title till at least Survivor Series to give him a legitimate run as Champ. As for Taker I do believe that we will see another match between himself and Kane. Though I don't know when. Possibly Survivor Series, but I don't know. I don't see him going into a feud with Jericho, yet. Though it is a possibility. Having Taker vs Jericho, and Punk vs Edge for the title at Mania. Though its bit early for that.

I kind of agree with the B.O.D angle here. I think breaking point match will end in a no contest because of a Big Show run-in. It sets up a tag fued and Survivor Series match nicely. Punk needs a legit long run with the belt to keep him established. I think it will help prolong any fued that Taker is in. If Taker wins the belt and keeps it, McMahon will likely try to set up Michaels v Taker 2 because he knows that it will draw. I hope it's Taker vs. Morrison at WM26 (17-1)

lol @ the feud lasting only until right after Breaking Point. Punk's established himself as a solid main eventer and one of the best heels in the industry, and you want him to be quickly buried and dusted away into the midcard again? I sincerely hope the writing team doesn't think on your level man. I'm seeing some sort of no-contest or Punk winning at Breaking Point by cheating in some way. At least I really hope so. I swear to God if they give Punk another 1-month title reign and have him lose it right away, WWE's on some serious crack.

yeah this could go either way punk loses and then he feuds with matt hardy, taker wins he will feud with kane, or taker loses he goes to team with kane to go up against jerishow, but i think kane is in a feud with khali, so they have playing a hell which i love kane as a heel he is so twisted, and the fans love that

Seriously? Those predictions won't happen I'm afraid man.

CM Punk is on a complete roll right now and they won't be taking the title off him any time soon. We're in for a decently long fued with the Undertaker. They will end the match somehow with Punk retaining, who knows, maybe he will make Taker tap, although I find it hard to picture Taker tapping.

Basically you have Punk ready to cement himself as a main eventer and an awesome veteran in Taker to feud with and continue putting him over as Jeff was... Why would you stop this?! It's definatley going to continue for some time and I wouldn't be surprised to see Taker/Punk at Mania.

Anyways, Kane and Finlay won't be anywhere near the World Title scene this year and Finlay probably never will be.

As for Jericho, I think he's going to feud with Edge if he's well enough by Mania, otherwise maybe Big Show. I dunno though, WM26 is a long way a way and not worth predicting yet.

After Taker finishes what I believe will be a lengthy fued with Punk, I think (and hope) he'll fued with Jericho.

I know people think it'll be Edge/Jericho at WM 26 but face it, Edge could easily be gone longer than that; we don't even know for sure if he's coming back at all. I don't want to be negative, I love Edge, but for some reason I just don't think he'll make it to 'Mania (hope I'm wrong though). Since I doubt Taker will fued with Punk all the way to 'Mania, and unless Dolph Ziggler's push gets even bigger, the next biggest heel is Jericho so I imagine he'll mix it up with him next. I hope so, because those two have NEVER had a proper fued and it needs to happen before Taker retires.

After Taker finishes what I believe will be a lengthy fued with Punk, I think (and hope) he'll fued with Jericho.

I know people think it'll be Edge/Jericho at WM 26 but face it, Edge could easily be gone longer than that; we don't even know for sure if he's coming back at all. I don't want to be negative, I love Edge, but for some reason I just don't think he'll make it to 'Mania (hope I'm wrong though). Since I doubt Taker will fued with Punk all the way to 'Mania, and unless Dolph Ziggler's push gets even bigger, the next biggest heel is Jericho so I imagine he'll mix it up with him next. I hope so, because those two have NEVER had a proper fued and it needs to happen before Taker retires.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. Taker and Jericho have never faced each other in a match and I believe that WWE creative knows this. The Edge/Jericho feud will take place at the Rumble, no doubt while Punk and Taker could still be going at it by then. Punk and Taker is a feud that everyone, myself included, is excited about and can't wait to see where it goes. Likely it'll transition to Jericho and Taker at WM26.

For some reason, I don’t think CM Punk is going to drop the Strap to the Undertaker. Undertaker may have never tapped out before, but this could very well be the first. The main important thing to remember is this isn’t WrestleMania. Undertaker losing to CM Punk at a PPV called Breaking Point is possible and I don’t think / hope they do continue this feud into the next two PPVs. This Title run for Punk right now is the best he’s ever had. He’s playing the right role against the biggest Faces on the Blue. There’s no need to send him back down the ladder right now, but then again, there wasn’t a need to do it before and the WWE did it anyway. We’ll see. I say Punk defeats Taker via the Anaconda Vice. He may not tap out, he may just pass out.

After this feud, not this PPV, but this feud, I see Taker facing either Dolph or hopefully maybe get a partner and challenge Jericho and Show. My choices are Kane (Face turn for Kane or Heel turn for Undertaker) or Shawn Michaels (if the DX run ends sooner than later). There are probably a ton of other choices that are better, but I would like to see these either of these two.

I'm with King Patrick on this one for a few reasons: CM Punk shouldn't have another short reign as WHC and fans are excited for this feud. CM Punk does have the Anacoda Vice as plenty of you know and will use it to walk out of Breaking Point as WHC imo. Plus, CM Punk as a heel champ is a lot better than CM Punk as a babyface champ because no one really cared for Punk as a face character. Now Punk is getting great heat from the crowds at every show that he's at. I agree that this feud should carry over for a few PPVs, but I think it should be before Taker feuds with Jericho up to WM 26 and perhaps beyond.

After Breaking Point, Taker and Punk will still be in a feud. The whole point is to build Punk up and make him look like both a credible main eventer and champion. Even against the Undertaker, it's going to take more than one ppv match to do it. Now, the fact that CM Punk has been laid out by Taker a couple of times already is a good indicator that Punk will go over at BP. In the WM match with HBK, Taker got left laying after some sweet chin music several times over th course of the weeks, making HBK look like he was always a step ahead and Taker came out the winner at WM. I look for Punk to retain the title at Breaking Point but I don't expect Taker to tap. If either guy were to tap, they'd kind of come off looking bad if you think about it. Personally, I think the best way to end it is to have Taker lose the match without having to tap.

If I were setting it up, I'd have the ref take a bump but not one that's going to "knock him out", just something that's mostly just a distraction. Something to take his attention from the match. Punk rolls to the outside, feigning fatigue or just needing a breather, pulls a chair out from under the ring and gives taker a series of good solid shots with the chair including at least one good "knockout" shot. Punk slaps on the Anaconda Vice and holds it while screaming at the ref. Ref turns around and sees Taker in the hold and checks to see if he's ready to give and notices he's out cold. For all he knows, Taker just "passed out" from the pain, checks his arm and it drops 3 times. Taker loses but still has all his credibility because he didn't tap and cuz Punk had to cheat to beat him and Punk retains while coming across as a good heel that's resourceful and took advantage of the situation that he had.

I love Undertaker but the guy is killing Punk's momentum he has built up since he was drafted here. However, it would still be great to see the "Phenom" dominate all over the brand again. He is the top face on the brand and hopefully he can carry the load for the time being.

As for who can or will face, it should be Punk, Matt Hardy, Kane and John Morrison. He could feud with all those guys and Morrison should be the guy to take the belt off him in the near future. Undertaker could also face Ziggler and Knox and help them develop since he doesn't mind stepping aside and helping the younger talent get better and go over with the fans. It's just nice to see him back.

His program with Punk will probably last until Survivor series, then he could face Kane or Dolph and even Matt or Morrison. Jericho should be saved for Wrestle Mania, even if Edge came back. Jericho would be the next best heel option, but I don't want to risk it getting stale or something so save it for after the Rumble. Have Taker destroy Knox, Haas and some other useless guys. I don't care just let him clean house again while Dolph and Morrison are facing everyone else. Kane may not be a bad option. The brothers could face off in some brutal matches all over again.

If Undertaker vs Y2J at WM26 I would love to see a ..... Buried Alive Match i haven't seen one in few years and have the deadman lose making it (17-1) and i would freak out if the dead man came back as BIG Evil or the American Bad Ass but it'll never happen

The Taker/Punk rivalry is obvioulsy not going to end after Breaking Point. Heck, it hasn't even really started yet. Aside from a few random chokeslams from Taker, these two have had limited interactions. I see this feud lasting for a good 3 or 4 months. As for Punk losing at BP, I serioulsy doubt it. He just won the title at the last PPV and the WWE hot potating the belt around right now would be foolish. Taker doesn't really need the belt and he definetly doesn't need or deserve a long title reign, while Punk does.

As for the rest of your predictions, I'm sorry, but Kane is nowhere near main event material right now. He has done next to nothing on Smackdown and is stuck in a pointless and uniteresting big man feud with Khali. I'd hardly call him a main eventer.

And Finlay, are you serious? The last thing he needs right now is a World Title. He is nothing more than a glorified jobber at this point whose main job is to get people over, he isn't going to feud with Taker for the title.

As for Jericho, I could see that happening at WM 26 if the WWE doesn't want to go with the logical Jericho/Edge route. I think that it could be a very interesting feud and the two could have a great match together, however I don't think they need to title anywhere near them for it. That type of match could stand on it's own.

But anyway, Punk v. Taker should go on for awhile and it should eventually lead to either a Jericho/Taker program or maybe some younger guy, like Ziggler, taking on Taker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back