• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WWE 14 Hype thread

Mighty NorCal

SHALL WE BEGIN?
The trailer was underwelming. and I really hope the supposed "leaked" roster isnt true to life, because its anything but impressive. Though I suppose as long as they keep the animations and clothing options of past game legends in the game, the CAW database can be used for whatever legends you want that have aready been in the game. I just hope they fix the CAW template entrance crowd reactions from last year, because it kinda ruined it.

http://wwegaming.com/wwe-2k14-roster-overalls-and-dlc-plans-leaked/

Surely hope not.

Im really hoping the quality of 2K products shines through, because there is SO MUCH potential in a sort of GM sim mode.

Make a story mode for the kiddies, and then put everything else into GM/Universe/create-a mode. I have long said they shoud combine create a story and universe mode (ie user initiated events and feuds that give you create a story tools to work with)

Has Paige even debuted to warrant DLC of her? Batista as part of the roster and not DLC? Dean Malenko and William Regal as DLC?

I'm a fan first and sensible second. But Dean Malenko and William Regal will not sell a DLC pack. I don't care how many hardcore fans there are, it would be extremely unwise for them to come out with such lackluster DLC packs. Granted the WWE13 packs weren't anything special, but there were more then 3 superstars in each, and always had at least one or two people you wanted.

No Bray Wyatt or Wyatt family? Lame

Other than that the roster doesn't look too bad, though I wouldn't mind if they added some NXT guys (namely Graves, Ohno, Neville, Zayn, Ascension, Woods, Kruger, Paige, & Dusty Rhodes)

The roster would be better if there real roster was better.

I only get Warrior if I pre-order and then download the cunt? I guess I've just left the market.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l2FeI5GMg0
Uh oh... that roster is looking a bit more real. That's not good.

Edit - so the ultimate warrior is a preorder bonus and not fan axxes? Hopes go up.

that was awesome. Unfortunately ill be someplace were pre orders and xboxes do not dwell, so no UW for me til they release him on DLC later. Which is fine, since he is virtually unusable as a character when booking a wrestling show week to week

The graphics in the Ultimate Warrior trailer look for lack of a better word like shit. I have bought this game every year since 08, and I'm questioning whether I will this year not be purchasing it. I need to see more first to make that decision.

On a side note I love the idea to make create a story and wwe universe intertwined. If they did that it make the game a ton better.

I'm nervous for the game though, from what I've seen of it so far it's very....underwhelming.

According to 2K.com, the following are new game features set for the upcoming WWE 2K14 video game:

NEW NAVIGATION SYSTEM

* The entire navigation system has been overhauled and reanimated including all walking, running, and dragging motions to give the game a more fluid and life-like feel and look.

* Overall Superstar movement has been accelerated, meaning the action is faster-paced and more like what you see on WWE television.

* There is now a "starting up" animation for when Superstars begin running. This leads to a more natural-looking match, where it is more difficult to "spam" running attacks.

* Animation gestures have been added such as adjusting wrist bands, motioning for your opponent to get up, and many more to give a human-like appearance to the navigation system.

STRIKING CHANGES

* Strike and strike combos are now quicker and snappier, making them faster and harder to reverse.

* Successfully landing a strike combo now puts your opponent in a groggy state, making groggy grapples appear earlier and more frequently.

REVERSAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS

* Reversing a grapple move now causes the reverser to do a move of his/her own automatically.

* This cuts down on the endless back-and-forth "reversal fest" some users complained of in WWE '13 while also making the match move faster.

CATAPULT FINISHERS

* Catching Finishers can now be executed offensively, by Irish Whipping your opponent to the ropes with a finisher stored or catapulting your opponent up when they run towards you.

* Select finisher moves give you the ability to launch an opponent into the air and then hit them with a Catch Finisher on the way back down.

NEW OMG MOMENTS

* New multi-man OMG Moments added to help you gain the upper-hand in multi-man matches. One OMG move can take out two opponents in one shot making it easier to get the win against multiple opponents.

* Double Attitude Adjustment

* Double Shellshock

* Double Chokeslam

* New OMG Moments added to allow you to dole out even more damage using the ring environment.

* Boot-to-head on outside ringpost

* DDT on the apron

TWO-COUNTS

* One of the most reviled bugs in WWE '13 was the dearth of two-counts. This issue has been addressed, bringing back the dramatic near falls you know and love.

MY reaction is mostly "eh, sounds alright"

* Overall Superstar movement has been accelerated, meaning the action is faster-paced and more like what you see on WWE television.
Finally. The speed of the previous games annoyed the hell out of me. I still probably won't buy this game, but at least I'm interested again.

I noticed in the debut trailer that you can Shell Shock 2 guys at once, and I was happy to see 1 on 2 offense finally happening. Wish there was more of it. Handicap matches used to be such a bitch to finish in years past. I'm glad strikes are harder to reverse since I pretty much became a reversal master. Makes the game more challenging. Plus the inability to spam running moves is good as I was a master at spamming them too.

It's not a monumental change, but since I didn't expect one I'm not upset about it. They'll probably affect me since I play using the things that they fixed, but I'm glad.

* There is now a "starting up" animation for when Superstars begin running. This leads to a more natural-looking match, where it is more difficult to "spam" running attacks.

Hopefully this fixes the problem i had when facing people online where they'd just do a running spear - taunt - pick you up - repeat until finisher.

This game looks exactly like the past four games. They've all practically been the same since 2010 apart from a couple of features. Dissappointed by this, especially because Take-Two now make the games.

As far as the main theme of the game, I think it's based on 80's wrestlers and also at a CAW like SD V RAW 2010. They keep on saying "become Immortal." Because Hogan is in TNA, I think they have a story for a CAW and want you to become Immortal like Hogan.

I'll buy this because I buy it every year, and thank Christ for the improvements they've made, so long as they aren't taking content out then it's all good. But I'm really disappointed with the Warrior model. I mean it's just the LOW model repackaged with some new lighting effects.

On top of that I don't wanna' play as classic-kayfabe-insane Warrior, I wanna' play as legit-insane-queering-don't-make-the-world-work-shooting-on-Hull Kogan-Santa-Raping-2013 Warrior Warrior.

It feels like they are missing so much oppurtunity for a GM/Owner mode. You should have financials, TV ratings, buyrates, Wrestler heat levels, feuds you can build. If they are trying to push this as closer to a legit sports game, it really strikes me as odd that no mode like that with discenable challenge or gauge of success / failure exists.

Thats why the interest in these games always sorta just dies out with me....I love unierse mode, but after a while, why keep going, when its all sorta pointless, and your own personal fun? There is no gauge for improvement or decline.

Reactions: IHW
I was just playing smackdown vs raw 2008 not too long ago and it made me miss 24/7 mode. I wouldn't mind if we had that back as that was really well done that year.

I want GM Mode back though, it seems like everybody wants it back so I don't know why its never been brought back. Although if its fixed like it was in 2008 then I wouldn't be interested.

What was 2008 like again?
2008 was the one where they introduced ECW to the series. Had a bunch of ECW guys, Extreme Rules Match.

That's all I remember.

Also, I wonder if the Wyatts and all their grandure will be in the game. They fucking better be.

I hope so, but you never know. They only debuted a few weeks ago and they could have missed the cut off for the roster.

If they aren't in the game itself I wouldn't be surprised if they were DLC.

2008 was the one where they introduced ECW to the series. Had a bunch of ECW guys, Extreme Rules Match.

That's all I remember.

I hope so, but you never know. They only debuted a few weeks ago and they could have missed the cut off for the roster.

If they aren't in the game itself I wouldn't be surprised if they were DLC.

I thought that was the one. That was actually my all time favorite and strongest GM mode I ever did. ECW was solid on my game, and SD was a real powerhouse. Fantastically done game.

and yea, they will for sure be DLC if not on the original roster.

What was 2008 like again?.

GM Mode that was somewhat fixed. I was never able to win GM of the year and my matches would get lower ratings than shit like Khali vs Kelly Kelly.

ECW was brought in and we got the Extreme Rules. Plus the amazing 24/7 mode. I liked how on days your brand didn't have their show you could do training in different things or promotional stuff. Plus the story of it changed depending on wins and losses in matches.

GM Mode that was somewhat fixed. I was never able to win GM of the year and my matches would get lower ratings than shit like Khali vs Kelly Kelly.

ECW was brought in and we got the Extreme Rules. Plus the amazing 24/7 mode. I liked how on days your brand didn't have their show you could do training in different things or promotional stuff. Plus the story of it changed depending on wins and losses in matches.

Brace yourself for this...

I bought three controllers, and played as all three brands. Hence the awesome.

I thought that was the one. That was actually my all time favorite and strongest GM mode I ever did. ECW was solid on my game, and SD was a real powerhouse. Fantastically done game.
I can't recall a single thing about the game besides the ECW stuff (which I had to double check to make sure I had it right).

I can't remember a single thing about any GM mode except for being frustrated that whatever feuds I would have would be automatically deleted if I didn't put the 2 superstars against each other in a match. It was annoying.

and yea, they will for sure be DLC if not on the original roster.
I think they could end up being day 1 DLC. I hope they are on the roster but I think it's too late (unless they put them in the game before they debuted).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back