Wrestling Spam Zone Heated Debate (Currently serving up WWE Hall of Fame)

Well, you pretend to. My theory on people who like Orton is the same as my theory on people who like the WrestleMania 12 main event.

Yeah. They should have done it in a way where they didn't have an hour long match just to say the did.

Rock vs. HHH is a great example of how to make an iron man match interesting. It's unrealistic almost to think that two of the best in the company can't get a fall in an hour.

I loved that the WM12 match went 60 minutes without a fall. To me that was the key to the whole match. For weeks we were looking forward to seeing who could get the most falls and it was a nice surprise to see that neither could get any. As the match went on we knew that first fall was going to be crucial. If there was a fall in the first ten minutes it wouldn't have been as meaningful. No falls in sixty minutes made both guys look great. I think that's a lot better than something like a 6-5 final. Zero falls in sixty minutes is more realistic than 11 falls in sixty minutes.

It made them larger than life athletes. Something that needed to be done with WCW coming up and the lack of star power in WWF.

There's a large difference between eleven falls over an hour and no falls. I simply can't accept that two or three falls in an hour would have made anyone look weak.

There's a large difference between eleven falls over an hour and no falls. I simply can't accept that two or three falls in an hour would have made anyone look weak.

I'd definitely go with this. The 60 minutes bored me the first time I watched it live and every time since.

I'd choose to watch Angle/Lesnar, HHH/Rock or Orton/Cena over HBK/Hart any day

I agree it wouldn't have made them look weak, but I think zero falls made them look great. Besides an hour without a fall is certainly not unheard of. Flair did it all the time. I personally enjoyed it.

I loved the Wrestlemania 12 main event. Did it drag on a bit? Sure. But it made those two look like absolute warriors. I don't think having one or two more pinfalls/submissions would have had the same impact. Not having any pinfalls during regulation really showed just how tough these two guys were (kayfabe), not to mention how much they hated each other.

In defense of Ric Flair, he fit a lot more mobility into most of his better hour long marathons. I like to think I'm not one of the people who have A.D.H.D. and can't stomach slower matches, but there's only so many restholds I can take in a single outing. WrestleMania 12 went well over that threshold.

It's been a while since I've seen this match. I'm going to have to watch it again soon. I remember thinking it was great. I admit I may remember the match itself for being better than it was because of my anticipation for it. I have been watching WWE since 1986 and never before or after have I anticipated a match more than that one. Hart and HBK were my favorites to watch so getting them for a guaranteed sixty minutes for the title in the main event at WrestleMania was as good as it got.

It was by no means the worst, but it might be the most overated. I think that it gets more credit than it deserves because of who was in it and Shawn winning his first world title. These two have had better matches which is what made this a disappointment in my eyes.

i think 1-1 would have been a good score going into the sudden death for the wm 12 main event of hart vs michaels.

it should have been speed vs technique with hbk doing all sorts of crazy aerial manouvers on hart but hart getting the first fall by working on some bodypart and with a submission on that bodypart.

second fall shawn wins with some sort of springboard/tope rope sunset flip

and then you have the finale as mentioned.the last half hour needs to be the same as it was.

either way it wasnt bad.just could be better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back