• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania XXIV: Playboy Bunny Match

Besides guys, how long will this match be? 3 and a half minutes? I think you can handle those 3 and a half minutes of looking at attractive scantily clad women---I know, the horror.

Personally I don't think I can hangle it. Looking at Maria makes me feel a little ill. She's attractive, in a downs syndrome kinda way. Candice Michelle can only show emotion through sign language as her face is frozen. Melina visits Isaac Yankeem and Beth Phoenix is beigger than most of the cruiserweights. Horrible women.

And Phoenix is the only one with any wrestling talent, she's also the one that will get the least reaction. At least add Ashley to the match as special ref. She might have the swollen face of a boxer, but I'd still fuck it.

Echelon will hate me for this, but guys, realize the facts: Womens Wrestling Does Not Sell. Ever.

Woman's wrestling has been successfully marketed since the 30's. Women's wrestling was one of the highlights of the WWF throughout the Attitude era, and was promoted even harder during the 70's and 80's. Womens wrestling was apart of the main attraction in Japan throughout the 70's and 80's as well.

Womens wrestling today doesn't look like it sells, especially in WWE, because the emphasis on actual wrestling has been reduced and been replaced with an emphasis on looks. But to say that womens wrestling doesn't sell ever is a completely asinine statement.

If womens wrestling didn't sell xfear, the WWE wouldn't be promoting this match. This is a WOMEN'S WRESTLING match, in some form or another, its probably not going to be a very good one, but its a womens wrestling match all the same. If womens wrestling didn't sell, TNA sure as hell wouldn't be putting in as much effort as they are with their womens division, because obviously TNA see's a potential profit being made from the division.

You try and get a serious feud with two female wrestlers, constricting of only wrestling, and the crowd will be bored into tears of submission. Maybe 5% of wrestling fans want a "great women's division" like you're describing. And Wrestlemania isn't aimed at those 5%.

But its only been since the last WM that the womens division hasn't had a decent womens feud, with decent competitors, built up in time for the big PPV. All of the other WM's (save for 21) had a well built up womens feud supported by great combatants on both side, which were supported by WRESTLING matches before the big PPV to enhance the feud (as well as promos and interviews and all that Shit). If I recall, the fans weren't "bored to tears" during any of those feuds. People even showed interest in the Trish/ Christy feud, even though it wasn't set up very well.

Its the WWE, even if they had two womens wrestlers go at it in matches that put an emphasis on wrestling skill rather than a woman's looks, they would still
create promos and interviews to enhance the feud, because thats what the WWE does, and people would watch it. Fans had no problem watching womens wrestling mainstream for about 25 years, And after taking a 3 year break from having to watch proper womens wrestling, I'm sure most of the people would watch the matches without any complaints. If WWE pushes their womens division in that direction again, people will watch it.

Women's wrestling doesn't draw. Never has, never will. WWE is doing the smart business move here and hyping Maria's Playboy issue.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe the WWE womens isn't drawing what they were, 4 or 5 years ago, because they don't have any women on their roster at this point that are over and established enough to be considered major draws? When Trish and Lita were still part of the division, the division drew just fine, but when they both lft at the same time, the division seemingly just went to crap. WWE is hyping Maria in playboy because they know it'll be an easy way to start an angle that will involve the women's division, in an attempt to put over some of the diva's that aren't really over at all with the fans.

As far as you saying the women's wrestling hasn't drawn, ever, all I have to that is

:lol:

So you would say that none of the big women's feuds and matches that WWF had in the 80's were big draw's at all? Moolah vs Wendi Richter, The Original Screwjob, Leilani Kai vs Richter, Sherri Martel vs Moolah?

What about the 90's? Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano, Sable vs Jackie, Lita vs Stephanie, Trish vs Lita, Trish vs Mickie James?

So according to you, None of these feuds drew at all, they were all a waste of time

In TNA, their womens division has completely outdrawn their mens division twice, as well as main evening an episode of Impact. That shows not only just how much the fans DO enjoy seeing that division (which is no different than the one WWE had 4 - 5 years ago) but how much faith TNA puts into that division, they put the time and the effort into their womens division becuse they KNOW it draws.

WWE lacks the star power because their two biggest womens draws left, and with injury and poor planning, we get the Playboy bunny match as a result.

Besides guys, how long will this match be? 3 and a half minutes? I think you can handle those 3 and a half minutes of looking at attractive scantily clad women---I know, the horror.

It'll be longer than 3 and half, but not much. I don't see it going above 6 minutes.

I'd prefer a real wrestling match. Apparantly they have added a lumberjack terms to this match that's right lumberJACK. I don't know what that is about, probably just some random thing to get some people who aren't on the card out there. Or it could be a misunderstanding on my part.

As for the match, I think they; if they MUST have a bunny match, at least a a women's title match separatley as well. Beth Pheonix vs. Mickie James. At least it would be a good match, and an interesting one too. But that will never happen......at least for a while anyway. This is pretty much an excuse to look at women so it's not all bad.

Can someone tell me why taking your clothes off for the whole world to see earns you a spot at wrestlemania? Shouldn't anyone like that be kept away from influeincing the children? I mean Candice and Maria are hot, straight up HOT! but that doesn't matter, make them managers or valets not competitors (except mabye for jobbing), leave the wrestling to those with talent. Then again, Mickie, Melina, Victoria and Beth are the only talented Divas in the WWE (though Candice was getting good before her injury and its encouraging to see her want to be a serious wrestler)!

They should have Beth v. Mickie for the title or a fatal four-way with Melina and Victoria (who needs that title again) or mabye even strecth it to have Candice in a 5 way (lol can't help at how kinky that sounds)!

Enough ranting, this will probably be an enjoyable if not decent match even if the gimmick is crap and recycled for the 3rd time!

Oh and by the way, Beth, Mickie, Melina, Victoria, move to TNA so we can actually see you wrestle...

You know I think on this subject a bit, and I`d say that their going to copy the superbowl, and make this match the half time show. I mean I completely understand why, Lots of people look forward to the half time show, and how should it be any different here at wrestlemania, with women who are going to look even better minus beth, and probably be alot more revealing. And to all you Beth Lovers out their I dont care how much you love her or hate her she reminds me of a gorilla, but in a cute sort of way :)

This will be the point of the WrestleMania broadcast where I will be going to make a snack, maybe I'll use it as a bathroom break, I don't know. All I know is WWE's women's division is a joke. It has gotten to where being on the cover of Playboy is made to look more dignified than having the belt...

I wish there were no women's matches on PPVs, but since that will never happen, it would have at least been nice to make it a title match. Conclude the Candice/Phoenix stoyline with a match at Mania....but instead we get a BunnyMania, blehh.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Candice is injured. This is awesome. The BunnyMania match just got x100 better. If Candice can't compete guess who she'll be replaced with. That's right. Ashley. We all know Candice sucks balls. In the wrestling ring, and on late night TV. But Ashley is a goddess. Can she wrestle? Nope. Can Candice wrestle? Nope. But which one can move their face? Ashley. So she can show emotion when Beth Phoenix is dominating her. Ashley can sell facially therfore Ashley is better. FACT.

This match has gone from being a meh match for me. To a yeah watch em jiggle match. I can't wait.

What... Bullshit Candice Michelle CAN wrestle how do you think she got the women's championship, but I do agree with you on how Ashley is a Godess,God ashley is so..... HOT i'm mean come on Ashley Massaro is WAY hotter than Candice Michelle but these two women can in fact wrestle they have proven it time after time

What... Bullshit Candice Michelle CAN wrestle how do you think she got the women's championship,

You are joking, right? She was given the title young man. All wrestlers are.

Although in a related topic. If the BunnyMania match was legit, Candice would win. Do you honestly think she has any feeling left in her face? Phoenix could punch her all day long. The punches would bounce of Candices rubber, Spitting Image style face and would ricochet into Phoenix. Knocking her out cold. FACT.

Candice Michelle can wrestle, sure thing, and I can speak 10 different languages. Well I pretend to speak ten different languages, much like Candice pretends she is a wrestler. How about Candice learn not to pop an appendage out, and maybe she can start being a wrestler.

Hopefully they sCRAP this altogether. The Divas matches are always terrible. The only good women's match recently at mania was Trish vs. Mickie, and the crowd made that match what it was. As for Ashely, she's probably too busy Mething it up with Jeff Hardy in the trailer park.

I really hope that even if she injured that Candice will be able to participate in this match because at least she able to put on a decent match and actually wrestle hang on with the more talented divas. Unlike Ashley who look awful in the ring but has a in ring performer and as a divas. I'm sorry but since she first got injured in the battle royal 2 years ago, Ashley just looks like a skeleton. Has far as wrestling skill are concern, she hasn't improve at all since she first join the WWE back in 2005 so i sure hope that Candice injury isn't that bad because i rather she Candice at 70% ready then see Ashley at 100%. And by the way, even if Candice isn'T able to make it for this match, you won't be seeing Ashley either because she got injured a couple of week ago at a house show so there a better chance of seeing Mickie James in this match that you got of seeing Ashley

Mickie James in this match that you got of seeing Ashley

Depends. If Ashley is fit then she'll be in it. It is a Playboy match after all.

It's not like it's anything more than filler anyway. The purpose is to sell issues of a amagazine and to have something minor between main events. You can't have Taker winning a title then have HHH or Cena winning a title. If they did that then the crowd would be dead come the end of the show. Matches like this are to give fans a break.

The problem is that Ashley isn't fit she broke here hand yet again plus the rumour is that she might have some other physical problems so that's why am not really counting on Ashley to replace Candice if Candice isn't able to wrestle at wrestlemania. But i thought of something, i know it's a long shot but maybe we could have a Torrie Wilson comeback at wrestlemania if she able to comeback.

O boy how things get all screwy in a minute. So Candice is most likley injured again... I think she'll be in the match, but the extent that she does will be severley limited. If she has in fact broken something, I don't see her doing much of anything, which in theory would see Beth and Melina dominating Maria throughout the match. Sadly I still expect to see Maria and Candice win reguardless if Candice is injured... Forever proving that looks excel talent... Now that that's out of the way... If Candice by some chance does not compete, I wouldn't be surprised to even see Torrie Wilson in the match... Why? Well since Christy Hemmi is not there and Ashley apparently is a mess, Torrie is about the only one I can think of that was in playboy.

O boy how things get all screwy in a minute. So Candice is most likley injured again... I think she'll be in the match, but the extent that she does will be severley limited. If she has in fact broken something, I don't see her doing much of anything, which in theory would see Beth and Melina dominating Maria throughout the match. Sadly I still expect to see Maria and Candice win reguardless if Candice is injured... Forever proving that looks excel talent... Now that that's out of the way... If Candice by some chance does not compete, I wouldn't be surprised to even see Torrie Wilson in the match... Why? Well since Christy Hemmi is not there and Ashley apparently is a mess, Torrie is about the only one I can think of that was in playboy.

Nah, more than likely they'll have Candice come out next week, and cut a promo about how she wishes she could be in the match but has gotten injured and must take herself out, but not before selecting her replacement, which would probably be Mickie James, and then Candice will go on to say that she's gonna be in their corner at WM, and I'm sure that during the match Candice will do something that will distract Beth & Melina and cost them the match, probably with Maria rolling one of them up for the quick fall

No matter what happens nothing really changes in this match, it's still gonna suck, and be the match everybody decides to take a piss or snack break during

With the unknown injury to Candice Michelle, I'm almost assuring that Mickie James will take her place. Which in a ways evens out the sides.

Melina is coming along nicely as a female wrestler, and she can more or less go up against Maria. Meanwhile, Beth and Mickie can square off. The only downside is I'm assuming the "Playmates" were going there wear something skimpy, and while I'm all for Mickie doing that as well, I doubt she will.

Also, does anyone else have the unfactoring fear that Torrie Wilson (a former playmate as well) will sub in for Candice, with Maria? How awful will that be. Beth Pheonix having to drop to TWO shitty divas. This definately won't be good for Beth's career if she jobs to Torrie Wilson and Maria. At least Mickie James is a nice replacement. Hell, Candice injured would even work too.. a lot better than Torrie Wilson, anyways.

If Candice works through the injury, it'll be even worse than it was going to be - which was abysmal anyway lol.

I'd love to see her replaced by Mickie, but I doubt it. If that would happen, then they'd just have to replace Maria with Victoria and we'd have the only 4 solid female wrestlers.

If Candice works through the injury, it'll be even worse than it was going to be - which was abysmal anyway lol.

I've heard various reports that Candice Michelle has went on record in saying she'd work through her injury, to be involved at the match at Wrestlemania. My opinion on that? STUPID!

Candice Michelle might not be the end all be all to Female's in Wrestling, but shes currently (whether anyone likes it or not) the top female face in the W.W.E. today. Thereby making her the top female in the brand, regardless of talent.

She was all but likely due to win back the Women's Championship from Beth Phoenix, who to be honest hasn't done shit as a Champion. They've just kinda tossed the Championship on Pheonix, and again whether anyone likes it or not.. at least Candice Michelle had decent matches every other Pay Per View with Melina. I enjoyed watching them, as Candice has reminded me of a slightly more rough around the edges version of Trish Stratus. (I'm waiting for the heat)

However, this match at Wrestlemania is a glorified T&A show. Its not meant as anything more than that. Maria will likely be the girl getting the pinfall victory over Melina anyways, if it doesn't somehow get turned into a Bra and Panties match to begin with.

In Candice saying she'll remain dedicated to competing at Wrestlemania, is beyond stupid because this match is shit. It means nothing. If it was a Women's Championship match, it'd be another story, but its not. So Candice is ultimately risking further, greater injury to her body.. and for what? So she can show off her tits and ass to thousands in Florida? Chances are anyone who's wanted to see them, has already. They likely still look the same.

So my overall advice to Candice, is to be smart for a change. Don't sell yourself out to some stupid match that means shit. Rehab the injury, come back when you can, and reclaim your Women's Championship. DO NOT wrestle at Mania with a injury, and risk being out longer.

I'd love to see her replaced by Mickie, but I doubt it. If that would happen, then they'd just have to replace Maria with Victoria and we'd have the only 4 solid female wrestlers.

A.) Victoria is still a heel. So replacing Maria who Victoria couldn't possibly work.

B.) Mickie James does seem like the odds on favorite to replace Candice, if anyone replaces her at all. However I doubt it'll happen.

The match is being build as a "Bunny" Mania match, meaning one team is Playmates. Melina and Beth sure as hell aren't. Melina even shot down posing, and I'm not too sure they're even interested in Beth.

Anyways, the unforseeable truth is, Torrie Wilson is the only other remaining Playmate... outside of the injured Ashley, who can sub in the match. Short of them bringing in Chyna or Sable. (Which on a side note, how would a Chyna v. Beth Phoenix match-up look on paper.. WOW)

These matches never last more than 3 minutes. Candice working through an injury isn't dangerous. they just won't use her much. this match is all about maria being hot, Snoop Dogg and Vince's undying belief that peopla have an interest in these matches.

I am surprised to know that she is injuried, now I wonder who'll be replaicing her. This is bad like how she constantly keeps on getting injurys

So it sounds like Candice is going to work through the pain??? Well well well... That should be interesting to watch. I mean that because it is very possible that she could severly injure herself if the injury is not that bad. Better safe than sorry if you ask me. I understand that there is a WM bonus check, but even with that... If you get badly injured that check won't do jack for you if your out for months again. I still suspect Maria (Whom I'm realllly starting to dislike) to do most of the work in the match for her team and still see her picking up a stupid win, probably pinning Beth setting up a feud for the title.

What i thinking they should do if she not that injured is to have Candice show up a wrestlemania and get attck form behind before the match happen then she still come out anyway for the match said that even if she cannot wrestle tonight she'S still going to be in the corner of maria and her new tag partner Mickie James so even if this match is a lumberjack match candice could still play a factor in the end without risking of getting hurt again.

The only downside is I'm assuming the "Playmates" were going there wear something skimpy, and while I'm all for Mickie doing that as well, I doubt she will.

Do a yahoo image search of Mickie James and you will see she has worn things much less than skimpy...

Regardless This match could possibly be not HORRIBLE especially if Santino is involved. Maria has been looking slightly better in the ring for a female as you can tell she is trying.
Beth/Mickie would actually end up being a decent match so if Candice does have to be replaced it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world.

Melina and Beth are better wrestlers than Ashley and Maria plus Candice combined!i don't know why they have to jobb at wrestlemania to the playboy girls that's B.S!I Hope Beth/Melina win because this will be Beth's first wrestlemania and it would make her look bad if she lost hello she is the wwe Womens Champion but no one really notices since she is always at Heat with Melina,and i think her tittle reign sucks and it's so BLAH!WWE wastes alot of talent i hope Mickie,Victoria,Beth,Jillian and Melina get out of wwe and go to TNA where they can be used properly and shine properly since in wwe they are limited!plus wwe can stay with their playboy sl*ts even tho Torrie is the hottest!instead of this match they could of booked a 5 way match Beth vs Victoria vs Jillian vs Mickie vs Melina now that's a REAL match and those are the 5 best divas in the WWE and that match could of been marvelous!but whatever i'll see what happens i really hope team Melina and Beth win and kick the crap out of Candice and Maria(Maria is hot)!

Candice Michelle can wrestle, sure thing, and I can speak 10 different languages. Well I pretend to speak ten different languages, much like Candice pretends she is a wrestler. How about Candice learn not to pop an appendage out, and maybe she can start being a wrestler.

Hopefully they sCRAP this altogether. The Divas matches are always terrible. The only good women's match recently at mania was Trish vs. Mickie, and the crowd made that match what it was. As for Ashely, she's probably too busy Mething it up with Jeff Hardy in the trailer park.

What? Did you not catch Candice's matches with Beth and her later matches with Melina? Did you not see Beth and Mickie's matches? Have you not seen Beth's house show matches with Mickie and Candice? They were great, and I'm not just saying that. These are women who can put on good matches, but it's not shown in the WWE.

From what some sites say, the original WM plan was Candice vs. Mickie vs. Beth for the title and Maria/Ashley vs. Jillian/Melina in BunnyMania. But Ashley got injured and WWE had to redo plans. The current plan is/was (now) for Candice to score the pinfall at Mania and re-ignite her title feud with Beth. But with Candice injured again. one has to wonder how long she'll be out and how serious it is? Also, how will this affect Beth? Will WWE have her hold the title even longer or will she drop it, and with that dropping her feud with Candice, which WWE wants to keep going for a long time,and then place Candice in a feud with Lea (WWE's booked her and Phoenix to tag with each other, so they can practice Candice vs Lea).

The match will suck for sure now. Had WWE saved Candice's in-ring return for WM, then at least she would've been slightly injured there and not have to worry about getting too physical afterwards.

The only way WWE can keep Candice vs. Beth going, is to have Candice manage Mickie (or Maria- please no though!) so fans can know that the two aren't over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back