• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: Undertaker vs. Triple H - Hell in a Cell

Undertaker is the master of this structure with many victories and this match will be more brutal than Big boss man, when the dead man was satanic and MOD.

i've see an match like Brock lesnar and Taker at Vengeance.

So what are the chances Paul Bearer shows up for (what many believe) will be Taker's last match at Mania?

Taker will win no doubt, but I would love to see Bearer raise the urn one more time just as he's about to finish off HHH.

So what are the chances Paul Bearer shows up for (what many believe) will be Taker's last match at Mania?

Taker will win no doubt, but I would love to see Bearer raise the urn one more time just as he's about to finish off HHH.

I never even thought of Paul making an appearance.

It would make sense for him to take part in the entrance, but i wonder how they would implement him appearing mid match.

I've read several people wanting Shawn Michaels to be put as the guest referee for this match. I'm an HBK mark, but I don't want him involved now. The only way Shawn's that was the only stipulation added. Now that Hell in a Cell has been included, that's all this needs. If Shawn was to be the guest referee, that takes too much emphasis away from the fact that their going to have a Hell in a Cell match. Add another stipulation to this and it's just overkill. As for Paul Bearer being involved, I'm against that too. In terms of storyline, the last time Undertaker and Paul Bearer were on the same page, Bearer screwed Undertaker out of the world title inside the very same structure. Add anymore elements to the match, no matter how small, and it's going to take away from the overall anticipation of seeing a Hell in a Cell match between Undertaker v.s Triple H with SO much on the line. If this is Undertaker's last match (and maybe even Triple H's too), surely we'd all like a straight up brawl we'll remember rather than some cluster-fuck involving other people who don't really have any business being involved?

I'm glad they made this match Hell in a Cell. 'Taker is my all-time favorite, but yet another match against HHH at Mania just wasn't very appealing. HHH controlled last years match with countless Pedigrees and a Tombstone, but the Undertaker still prevailed. Without a gimmick stipulation, how are we supposed to believe that HHH might have a chance?

'Taker and HHH are the kings of HIAC. Although a little bit of blood would add interest, it's certainly not necessary to make this match great. I believe this match will be very good with some cool spots.

I hope this isn't Undertaker's last match. I would love for him to prevail for the 20-0 streak, and have him retire at Summerslam. I think he could give a great rub to an up and comer in his final match.

I'd actually like for Shawn to be involved in the match. I hate how much WWE uses run ins at the end of matches now days, but this is one instance I would be on the edge of my seat. I'm pretty sure this will be Taker's last match and of course we don't expect him to loose it, but what if HBK had a run in at the end of the match? Just imagine Taker hitting the pile driver, and it looking like HHH is out cold, when all of a sudden HBK comes running through the cell door, and slides into the ring, runs under a clothes line, bounces off the ropes and hits a flying forearm. Then he kips up and hits a super kick. He drags HHH over and puts him arm over Taker, But as the Ref gets to 2, HHH roles back over, and off of taker. HBK looks at HHH, and HHH gets to his feet. Then maybe HHH and HBK have a stare off, with HHH hitting a pedigree on HBK. As HHH gets back to his feet and turns around, he's nailed with a chair shot right to the head. Then Taker hits a tombstone to finish the match.

Gives Taker a good way out, and leaves the door wide open for a HHH and HBK feud, maybe not an in ring feud, but some kind of battle. Would set up nice for a HHH vs HBK at WM 29.

I gotta admit, when Michael Cole was voicing over the promo this past Smackdown, and the graphic appeared of HHH vs Undertaker Hell in the Cell with the fire, the Metallica track, and the fans erupted in the arena, I got goosebumps. That's what it's all about pulling the fans in. WWE doesn't mess around when it comes to that Undertaker match and streak in recent years. Full 5 star treatment. It's a solid good build, good effort on all parts and good emotion. The vignettes of Taker locked up in some room stewing over the way HHH made Taker leave not under his own power are top knotch.

WWE.com posted an interview with HBK, where Shawn just went berserk when the interviewer asked him "If HHH beats the Undertaker, does that mean that he's better than you?" It definitely feels like WWE will play up this angle of HHH's pride & ego attempting to once & for all silence his critics & he feels that ending the streak will be the only way of doing that.

this match will be the final chapter in one of these guys careers, i mean i can see triple h coming back from time to time like the rock, but i think this will be the one of the last times the dead man will step into the ring, its a shame really because i grew up watching the attitude era and now its down to two but at the same time i have wanted to see these guys clash in a hell in a cell for a long time, they are both masters of the cell, its going to be bigger than the rock and cena, in my eyes this should be the main event.

this match will be the final chapter in one of these guys careers, i mean i can see triple h coming back from time to time like the rock, but i think this will be the one of the last times the dead man will step into the ring, its a shame really because i grew up watching the attitude era and now its down to two but at the same time i have wanted to see these guys clash in a hell in a cell for a long time, they are both masters of the cell, its going to be bigger than the rock and cena, in my eyes this should be the main event.
Sorry, but WWE's been building up to Cena/Rock for a year now. No way they're gonna change it now. Far as i'm concered, HHH/Undertaker: main event? No. Show-stealer? Quite possibly.

Not a shot in hell that this will be the main event. I think the obvious reason why it won't be is simply they've been advertising and building Rock v.s Cena for nearly a year prior. That's the reason why many fans are travelling to Miami this year, just for that match. If they were to turn up, expecting this epic moment to conclude WrestleMania and suddenly something else crops up as the main-event, people won't give too shits about it. The crowd for Rock v.s Cena is going to be SO fired up, that if you put anything on afterwards, the crowd is going to be bummed out for the rest of the PPV, much like 'Mania X-8 and 25, no-one cared for the main-event on both those PPV's because something un-toppable went on beforehand.

Nobody wanted to see a HHH-Taker rematch after what they saw last year. Now all of a sudden its inside a cell and people think it will be the main event? Give me a break.
Its clearly obvious and a 5 year old could tell you Rock-Cena is the main event.

I was against this match until the HIAC was added. I know I'm going to be wrong, but I think we might get a chance for some blood. Probably Taker's last match so it should be a classic. HIAC makes it my second favorite match on the card after Punk/Y2J.

I don't want the streak to end, but I cannot say for certain that it won't. Triple H has proven to be nearly too much for Undertaker, who made it out of WrestleMania last year by the skin of his teeth. The two masters of the Hell in a Cell match will go at it, to put an end to it all -- from a storyline standpoint, the WWE will never have had a chance such as this one to end the streak.

Sure they will, because they have a bigger star within the company than HHH, and that's John Cena. More on that later.

If this is indeed Undertaker's last match, it makes no sense for the streak to end here. It was one thing for Flair and Michaels to lose their careers at Wreslemania, as both were given stipulations by others. But Undertaker? Not so much here. He's the one coming after HHH for vengeance. HHH didn't ask him to put his career on the line, just that they go all the way, so to speak. Within the context of Hell in A Cell, they both get the chance to destroy each other, which is where I have the problem with the idea that the streak will end.

HHH has stated time and again that while Undertaker won the battle, he won the war. And in essence, he did. As well-contested and quite frankly, better matches that the HBK/Undertaker matches were, HHH was the one who came closest to ending the streak this past year. But in booking last year's match that way, they put themselves into the hole of having to book a different kind of match to generate any real interest. Because beyond having HHH break the Streak, there was nothing compelling left. Sure, the idea of HBK as guest referee would be interesting, but compelling enough? Not really. The idea of the two men who had competed in every HIAC match until it got its own PPV, but never each other? Very much so.

HHH can't win this match. As he said himself, he'ld have to end the Undertaker here. Will the lasting image of Undertaker's career being him being destroyed inside Hell In a Cell, by the same man who destroyed him last year? Can't see it happenning. The story this year will be different, and not just because they're in the Cell. If this is to be the end of Undertaker's career, it won't be with him down and out, HHH standing over him. And that's been the idea they've essentially told of what HHH plans to do thusfar.

If there's ever a plausible man to end the streak, it's John Cena. It would piss people off more then anything, but he'ld be the logical choice, not HHH. Cena is the bigger name, and the one plausible threat left to ending the streak. He's the one huge name active that Undertaker has never met at Wrestlemania. People talk again and then some about what's left for Cena, and the Streak is one of those things. If the idea is to truly immortalize Cena, he's a far better choice to end the streak then HHH. I won't go on here, but the idea is clear.

As for this match, Undertaker will win. If any there was a time where a match could use some blood, it's here. These two will beat the crap out of each other, but if there's someone whose both losing and not walking out, it's HHH. Consider this: When Undertaker has come for storyline "vengeance", when has he been unsuccessful?

Sure they will, because they have a bigger star within the company than HHH, and that's John Cena. More on that later.

If this is indeed Undertaker's last match, it makes no sense for the streak to end here. It was one thing for Flair and Michaels to lose their careers at Wreslemania, as both were given stipulations by others. But Undertaker? Not so much here. He's the one coming after HHH for vengeance. HHH didn't ask him to put his career on the line, just that they go all the way, so to speak. Within the context of Hell in A Cell, they both get the chance to destroy each other, which is where I have the problem with the idea that the streak will end.

HHH has stated time and again that while Undertaker won the battle, he won the war. And in essence, he did. As well-contested and quite frankly, better matches that the HBK/Undertaker matches were, HHH was the one who came closest to ending the streak this past year. But in booking last year's match that way, they put themselves into the hole of having to book a different kind of match to generate any real interest. Because beyond having HHH break the Streak, there was nothing compelling left. Sure, the idea of HBK as guest referee would be interesting, but compelling enough? Not really. The idea of the two men who had competed in every HIAC match until it got its own PPV, but never each other? Very much so.

HHH can't win this match. As he said himself, he'ld have to end the Undertaker here. Will the lasting image of Undertaker's career being him being destroyed inside Hell In a Cell, by the same man who destroyed him last year? Can't see it happenning. The story this year will be different, and not just because they're in the Cell. If this is to be the end of Undertaker's career, it won't be with him down and out, HHH standing over him. And that's been the idea they've essentially told of what HHH plans to do thusfar.

If there's ever a plausible man to end the streak, it's John Cena. It would piss people off more then anything, but he'ld be the logical choice, not HHH. Cena is the bigger name, and the one plausible threat left to ending the streak. He's the one huge name active that Undertaker has never met at Wrestlemania. People talk again and then some about what's left for Cena, and the Streak is one of those things. If the idea is to truly immortalize Cena, he's a far better choice to end the streak then HHH. I won't go on here, but the idea is clear.

As for this match, Undertaker will win. If any there was a time where a match could use some blood, it's here. These two will beat the crap out of each other, but if there's someone whose both losing and not walking out, it's HHH. Consider this: When Undertaker has come for storyline "vengeance", when has he been unsuccessful?

I like this post. Nobody is ending this streak though. Not HHH and not John Cena. People can talk all they want about the slim possibilty, but I believe there is a big fat 0% chance of the streak ending. I like John Cena probably more than most on this forum, but he shouldn't (and won't IMHO) be the one to end it because as I said nobody should.

It's part of what makes Taker who he is, and as much as some wouldn't mind it ending, there are a large amount of people who would hate it more than anything especially to Cena. That would be a potential suicide move on WWE's part, and I'm talking about people actually boycotting watching the WWE. Although they may do that if Cena beats the Rock anyway. More to the point is that I don't think Cena's persona matches up well with "Deadman" Taker AT ALL! As of right now I don't think many people would buy the idea that Cena could beat Taker. As much as I believe the streak should stand the test of time, HHH is a guy that has people buying into the fact that he could do it, no matter how slim the possibilty because he's the cerebral assassin and he's proven over time that he's a heartless bastard that will do anything to win, including the use of a sledgehammer.

That's just my thoughts on it.

The thing I am most concerned about coming into this thing is the prospect of Taker with no hair. Most of the reports I'm reading indicate that Taker is bald and that he had been using a wig. Perhaps I was overly traumatized by the short-hair American Bad Ass...but the hair always added an extra mystique for me. I also think it's helped him mask his age.

I just hope WWE doesn't put Taker out there looking like a fool.

maybe Taker has an bad health and leave his last moment in wrestling,he wearing an long coat and a protection for to hide his mind.
Nobody here has an idea what the carrer of the dead man comes to end.

Yeah, the more I think about it this could end up being Triple H's last match. I'm sure he wants to go out like his buddy HBK with a memorable final match.

HHH worked with Orton and Cena so often, that I dont think he can get this kind of a match with them anymore. Unless he waits a really long time.

I would be shocked if Vince passes up a big $$$ match in Taker/Cena at WM 29 or 30.

The thing I am most concerned about coming into this thing is the prospect of Taker with no hair. Most of the reports I'm reading indicate that Taker is bald and that he had been using a wig. Perhaps I was overly traumatized by the short-hair American Bad Ass...but the hair always added an extra mystique for me. I also think it's helped him mask his age.

I just hope WWE doesn't put Taker out there looking like a fool.

I've read that he is actually going to display his bald head AT WrestleMania and wrestle the match with it. Now I'm sorry, but unless he looks really cool with no hair, it's going to take away some dramatic emphasis on the Hell in a Cell match itself. The match could be a 5 star classic, the best Hell in a Cell in history, but if the defining memory of it (especially if it's Taker's last match) is Undertaker looking like a jackass with no hair, that'll be a real god-damn shame.

Having just read through 7 pages of discussion it seams people are focused on 3 things:

1. Will there be blood?
2. Will the streak end?
3. Will this be The Undertakers last match?

My answers:

1. YES. But not loads of it.
2. NO.
3. I think so.

This brings me to my point, why is everyone going on about this being Takers last match? I believe it may be HHH's last match too. He is getting old now, he is no where near as big or as fit as he was 10 years ago. He is moving into management and away from actually wrestling.

I can see him becoming like how Vince and Shane were during the attitude era. The boss who likes to be very vocal but rarely fights and when he does its amazing.

This is all fine and logical -- Cena's definitely a great opponent -- but in terms of storylines and history, it's Triple H or bust. John Cena does not need to be involved with The Undertaker. It won't "immortalize" him, I mean, he's going to be remembered for all the world titles, for all the contributions he made to the business. Ending the streak would just be a random addition to Cena's mantle. An addition I (a huge Cena fan) personally don't welcome. The top guy doesn't need to be the one to end the streak. John Cena and Undertaker's paths don't need to cross.

The reason I think Triple H may very well end the streak is simple: It fits. The build, the story, the history, everything about it works. Everybody has always wanted someone young to end the streak, or in your case, John Cena, but why not Triple H? Storyline-wise, he's the man that almost ended The Undertaker. Neither needs it, but the story dictates that Triple H should be the one to do it, that he should be the one to end the streak. How else would 'Taker go out? He'll either win and get destroyed for good, or lose. Either way, I don't think 'Taker goes out under his own power -- then again, they could leave it ambiguous, in a "Deadman" sort of fashion.

Don't sleep on Triple H here. It's a risk, but I don't see why they shouldn't take it. I've never felt the streak was in danger... until that promo they put on a week ago. It's all or nothing: Either Triple H ends the streak, or Undertaker hits the big 20-0. Past that, I can't see 'Taker ever wrestling again. I think this is it for both men, probably. This is probably the last chance. Why not pull the trigger?

I was thinking this would be Takers last match. I have been saying that he would quit at 20-0.
But now looking at this match, im not so sure.
Do they want Undertakers last match to be against Triple H inside Hell In A Cell?

Not read all of this thread but what are people's thoughts on this being the final Hell In A Cell match or the end of it for a few years?

My reasoning, the match has lost a bit of its draw over the past couple of years and perhaps a break of a few years would reverse that when it comes back. Then COO (or whatever role he has on TV then) Triple H could sell it as the match that finished Taker and/or himself. I mean it is the classic lineup for the match with it being Taker/HHH and perhaps then WWE could come up with another match type in the meantime to try and sell events.

This is the dream stipulation for these two and for me, I am looking forward to this more than Cena/Rock, partly due to the fact that I want Cena as an out and out heel before the big show.

Of course this will be the first HIAC outdoors ever!!! I want to see some tables, chairs, ladders and of course the good old SLEDGEHAMMER come into play. They will make this match good anyway they can and surely be the first two men to have three very good or better matches together at Wrestlemania.

I honestly was not looking forward to this match.. it was a decent match last year but it was out shined by the undertaker's matches with HBK from the years before IMO.. But when they were booked in a HIAC match it made things VERY interesting.. HHH and The Undertaker are up there in age and i thought punk and jericho were goin to steal the show, but I wont be surprised if HHH and The Undertaker do something legendary that night.. I hope im not disappointed!!

i just hope taker wins.. i think HHH should retire and focus on taking wwe into the future when vince croaks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back