• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 28: Undertaker vs. Triple H - Hell in a Cell

There must be chair shots, blood, barb wire, action on the top of the cell (go back to the older smaller structure) and a lot more for this to live up to what it needs to be. Hopefully it ends the era by reminding us what that era was like, not by showing it is long deceased.

Dear god i hope JR returns to call this match, it saddens me that this could be the biggest wrestlemania in history and possibly the undertakers last match could have michael coles voice over it.

I agree with the sentiments against gimmick themed PPVs. The shock of this announcement has done so much for this match in my opinion. I was one of those who didn't really want to see HHH/Taker for the second time in a row and third time overall at Wrestlemania. But the addition of this stipulation has somehow managed to make me more excited about this than the Cena/Rock match. I know that will be the main event, but if this ends up being Taker's last match then I really wish this would be the main event. I can't wait for this matchup now.

I wish Triple H was still undefeated in the Cell. That would make this match even more important than it already is.

The man who is undefeated at WrestleMania and invented Hell in a Cell against the man who has never lost in the Cell and could be considered the true master of it.

Either way, good stuff.

On the other hand, "time honored tradition" is EXTREMELY important to Vince. Normally, a wrestler's swan song involves him putting over a younger talent. In this case, Triple H will carry on for a long time after the Undertaker is gone.

So does it make sense to have Triple H hand the Taker his first Wrestlemania loss, considering that it's probably going to be his final match in the WWE? Honestly, this is a VERY tough one to call.

I didn't think about this part. However, I can't see putting over Triple H at Mania in this regard. Trips is on the downside of his in-ring career, and it could potentially be his last match as well. He doesn't need to win this to end the career. I'll ramble on about my thoughts on the end in a minute.

This match is going to be an all out war. It is a real end to the old guard. They want to go out with a bang. The addition of the Cell was the key to drawing most people in. What can you do after a no holds barred match? Step it up to their strengths. It won't just be a match inside a cell. It will be used, and going to the top is a real possibility as both did huge spots on the top, coincidentally to Mick Foley in both instances.

As far as the ending goes. Like D-Man, I am torn. I think it would be interesting to see 'Taker go 20-0, and then have some sort of "redemption" or "forgiveness" by the powers of good, and he is no longer a demon from Death Valley, or he is "taken to Heaven". It sounds lame and probably is, but I'd enjoy that. Or the druids take him down to Hell where he can rule in retirement. You can go a lot of different ways in that regard. Or you have Triple H win and you end the legend of the Undertaker at 19-1. Either way, I expect an all out war, and as it is likely Undertaker's last match, I'll enjoy the hell out of it.

It gets me thinking how much longer taker will even go. Even if it is a once a year thing, and he is physically capable of squeezing one more match out of his body, it seems like the taker matches are in a point of no return, there is alot more riding on this match than just a pinfall(obviously).

If it doesnt end very soon, it wont end at all.

...what i mean is, i cant imagine a taker vs big show and A-train in a handicap match (or anything of the sort) anymore.

Thinking about this, if this isnt takers last match, the hell is going to happen next year?

Before yesterday, I honestly would've told you that I did not give a shit about this match happening but after Raw last night I can now say otherwise. I wasn't sure how they were going to top last year's match but the HIAC stipulation certainly spices this match up. THIS is how you end the feud. I'm also surprised that these two have never met in the cell before so that also adds somewhat of another dimension to this match. HIAC matches are usually good for me so I've got some pretty high expectations for this match. Also, with all the talk these two have been doing about being the end of an era, it sorta makes me think that this might be their last match. I certainly hope that's not the case but it won't surprise me. Regardless, I'm very much looking forward to this match. A great addition to what looks to be a very solid Wrestlemania card.

i agree with notroius 718
i wasnt too interested in seeing this for a third time
but after last night i can say that i am now
seeing as it will be hell in a cell at wrestlemania
this should be great
now the question is
do you think we will see blood in this match?
i just get this feeling that at the HIAC match we will
the way triple H said were gonna go to the end
it would make sense we havent seen blood on PPV or TV for awhile

anybody else with me on this?

i agree with you buds Bundy, even i was not looking forward to undertaker triple h 3 at wrestlemania. But yeah after last night on raw, the way wwe took the turn and the way triple h announced the match got me. moreover, i want to see JR calling this match, he has the experience of delivering the match in line with the story. He can give it an attitude era touch. But i got disappointed the way he called the last encounter of undertaker triple h at WM 27. The match was great, it was a fast paced match and i'm quite confident to say that the people, who were present at the arena watching it live, really loved the match. Had he called the match the way he used to back in late 90s and early 2000s, WM27 match would have been greater.

I was on the fence about a third showdown between Triple H and Taker at Mania. I wasn't into the most recent match as much as everyone else and I didn't think there was a way to make it better. I wasn't into the build last time around, but the HBK involvement last week sort of brought me in. I thought that segment was fabulous. Then last night I was still feeling iffy about it. I really didn't know where Triple H was going at the end as I thought he was going to have both of them put their careers on the line and then he dropped the bombshell. A Hell in a Cell match, hot freaking damn. That drew me in right there. I fully expect this match to be brutal as fuck and just fucking rock. Something inside tells me the streak may come to an end. I can really see Triple H ending it all this year and I've never felt that way before. When it comes to Taker's streak I've never really bought into an opponent ending it. Even HBK at WM25, which was probably the closest I've bought it ending. This time though I'm 50/50 and I'm really looking forward to it. Wrestlemania this year as a whole right now is looking great on paper.

I think they're gonna give it to HHH and I hate that. Why? Because he's HHH. He's gonna stay and own the company while Taker retires. Also, in Taker's promo, he's saying he's looking for the end. Basically waiting to die. So HHH will give him the death he's looking for. At least that's how I've been understanding it.

I will be extremly angry if Taker loses this match his streak is his icon and its got to a point now where it should never go!
If it was to end it should have ended years ago to someone who would benefit from it, HHH has absolutly NOTHING to gain from it and it would just piss fans off no end that the guy who part owns the company now was able to book himself going over Taker.

I don't think the fans would like it either!

Taker can win become 20 - 0 and then his character "dies" like the match took his last ounce of strength and then have the druids carry him away thats the ideal ending.

I was one of the few who wanted to see Triple H/Undertaker again, one because I loved last years match and two, it's Triple H and The Undertaker, they're always going to have a great match, tell a great story and you know well leading into it you'll be pumped for whatever it is they have to throw at you.

I knew there would be a spin as well, but didn't expect a Hell in the Cell match to happen, especially at Wrestlemania. Shawn Michaels being special guest referee I did see, and still do, but the Cell changes everything and if people still think they can be sure Undertaker will retain the Streak and go 20 - 0, there really seems to be a set-up happening here where as if Taker were to lose it, that he'd lose it in a credible fashion.

It'll be a stellar match. I don't know why so many of you are looking for blood, guts and excessive violence though, chances are it won't happen. Last year Taker took a chairshot from Triple H and not only did they get fined but there were reports that WWE officials were upset with both of them for it, and the chair shot was removed from the WWE. I expect a great, brutal match but I don't see blood and all that jazz.

I will be extremly angry if Taker loses this match his streak is his icon and its got to a point now where it should never go!
If it was to end it should have ended years ago to someone who would benefit from it, HHH has absolutly NOTHING to gain from it and it would just piss fans off no end that the guy who part owns the company now was able to book himself going over Taker.

I don't think the fans would like it either!

Taker can win become 20 - 0 and then his character "dies" like the match took his last ounce of strength and then have the druids carry him away thats the ideal ending.

I think your last statement about the character dying would take away from the point that Taker wants to walk away from this match, so I can't see that happening. He could just walk out on his own power,and never show back up again, which I think is the more preferred way.

This is how I hope it ends:

Let me set it up first. Taker should disappear for a while and let Triple H do most of the in-ring promos. He should have his presence felt, but not actually show up. At the Raw before WrestleMania, he returns to confront Triple H one last time.

During all this time, Triple H talks about how it is inevitable that he will finally end The Undertaker. The Raw before Mania, Triple H asks Taker why he wants him to end it all.

Taker comes out and responds. To everyone's surprise, Taker says that he realizes this is the end for him. He says this isn't about being able to walk out of WrestleMania on his own power. He says that he knows he is going to hell. But that if he has to go, he's taking Triple H with him...

At WrestleMania, after a long and brutal match, The Undertaker definitively defeats Triple H with a Tombstone. Afterwards, he collapses. The druids come out, but with two caskets. They place Undertaker and Triple H and them, and carry them to the back as The Undertaker's theme plays.

This raises a few questions for me:

1) Will there be blood? Not having blood in this match would be as much of an insult as the time when Cena pulled down the chairs on top of Barrett in their chair match.

2)What will happen to Wrestlemania if Taker does lose? It's gotten to the point where we've come to expect an epic Undertaker streak match and it is almost as if the streak has become bigger than the event. It was almost as if it were an insurance policy to guarantee that there will be at least one good match on the card. If Taker is done here, then it kind of makes me wonder if the 30th Anniversary of Wrestlemania or any Mania in the next several years could be nearly as big as this year's. Especially with the meager roster, matches like this are what really solidify the event as a Mania. Rock vs Cena is about as big of a match as you can make for a Mania, and that's being used this year, so it will be hard to top this as, for one, the Ace of Spades is being played already, and the streak is no longer there.

All in all I think this match meshes perfectly witht he rest of the card. We got the big iconic match, we got the great technical wrestling match, we got the brutality match, and we got..Sheamus vs DB??

1) Will there be blood?

Everyone seems to be asking this. It's not the end of the world if there is no blood. Yes, it would make the match better, but it's not THAT important. We have a match between two legends at what might be the best Wrestlemania event in years. We should be focusing on that rather than looking for things to potentially complain about. I'd want there to be blood involved myself, but I'm not going to rant if there isn't.

2)What will happen to Wrestlemania if Taker does lose?

He won't. Not to Trips. If for some reason Triple H does book himself to end the streak, then WWE would need to quickly figure out some type of solution to how they will replace Taker's streak in future Wrestlemania's. No one else on the current roster that I know of is undefeated, Miz is 2-0 but you must disregard a dark match loss in 2009 in order for that to be true. Taker's shoes may likely never be filled. He is a once in a lifetime superstar and the streak should not end unless they have 100% confidence in a young heel needing to become hated FOR LIFE. They would be in a world of trouble if Triple H ends the streak, so he will not. That'd be "bad for business" as he would say.

At WrestleMania, after a long and brutal match, The Undertaker definitively defeats Triple H with a Tombstone. Afterwards, he collapses. The druids come out, but with two caskets. They place Undertaker and Triple H and them, and carry them to the back as The Undertaker's theme plays.

I disagree with the collapsing part. Taker deserves to walk off one last time after having gone 20-0. The druids can come get a casket for Triple H to take him away after the match ends, while Taker is posing proudly. The whole story behind this rematch is Taker NOT wanting to be carried off. He wants a win where he stands strong in the end.

As for my own thoughts on this match.... At first I did NOT want to see it again. I was skeptical even of last year's match until it aired. The entrances were among some of the best I have ever seen, and they ended up saving an otherwise horrible Wrestlemania. This could be Taker's last match ever, so it is fitting that they placed the two legends in Hell In a Cell despite there being a PPV event with that gimmick already. It's going to be a great match and easily one of the best of the night. An early prediction from me sees Taker retaining his streak after Triple H has put up an incredibly brutal fight. Anything can happen between now and April, but I am 99.9% sure my predicted outcome will not change by then. I'm looking forward to it now that it has a gimmick fitting the two in this "end of an era".

Everyone seems to be asking this. It's not the end of the world if there is no blood. Yes, it would make the match better, but it's not THAT important. We have a match between two legends at what might be the best Wrestlemania event in years. We should be focusing on that rather than looking for things to potentially complain about. I'd want there to be blood involved myself, but I'm not going to rant if there isn't.

He won't. Not to Trips. If for some reason Triple H does book himself to end the streak, then WWE would need to quickly figure out some type of solution to how they will replace Taker's streak in future Wrestlemania's. No one else on the current roster that I know of is undefeated, Miz is 2-0 but you must disregard a dark match loss in 2009 in order for that to be true. Taker's shoes may likely never be filled. He is a once in a lifetime superstar and the streak should not end unless they have 100% confidence in a young heel needing to become hated FOR LIFE. They would be in a world of trouble if Triple H ends the streak, so he will not. That'd be "bad for business" as he would say.

I disagree with the collapsing part. Taker deserves to walk off one last time after having gone 20-0. The druids can come get a casket for Triple H to take him away after the match ends, while Taker is posing proudly. The whole story behind this rematch is Taker NOT wanting to be carried off. He wants a win where he stands strong in the end.

As for my own thoughts on this match.... At first I did NOT want to see it again. I was skeptical even of last year's match until it aired. The entrances were among some of the best I have ever seen, and they ended up saving an otherwise horrible Wrestlemania. This could be Taker's last match ever, so it is fitting that they placed the two legends in Hell In a Cell despite there being a PPV event with that gimmick already. It's going to be a great match and easily one of the best of the night. An early prediction from me sees Taker retaining his streak after Triple H has put up an incredibly brutal fight. Anything can happen between now and April, but I am 99.9% sure my predicted outcome will not change by then. I'm looking forward to it now that it has a gimmick fitting the two in this "end of an era".

Did you read the rest of my description though? Undertaker really hasn't said that his major problem was specifically that he didn't walk out of WM. He said he didn't want last years ending to be how people remembered him, but that could apply just as much to Triple H being able to walk out as it could to him not being able to walk out. Plus, he hasn't denied Triple H's claim that he wants an end. To me, it would be more interesting if he acknowledges that this is the end for him. He doesn't plan on walking out of WM. But at the same time, he intends to take Triple H to hell with him. Basically, "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me," kind of thing.

Taker won't lose this match, and here is why......

What is the point in building up this streak to the point where its been the most anticipated match on the card for the last 4-5 years, having taker get to 19-0 for him to lose at the 20th match?

Taker should not lose this year, if the streak is to end it should be 20-1 then we could have a DVD release of all the matches in the 20-0 streak and then an extra dvd with the first ever Wrestlemania defeat for UT on it. Plus, why should HHH be the one to end the streak?? He doesn't need elevating anymore! If the streak ends it should be somebody who will benefit from the rub for years to come!

if HHH doesn't end the streak, Taker will probably retire. I honestly don't think the WWE would let a young heel end it, no matter how much potential he has. The last 3 Wrestlemania matches have shown us just how unbeatable he is. If HHH can't end it, the common fan isn't going to believe that a young heel, like Barrett, could end it. So one way or another, I expect this to be his last match.

I strongly believe this match will end in a draw. Both men will pass out and the ref will call for the bell after several minutes. Then there will be medical personnel in the ring for awhile. Shortly thereafter, it will be announced that the match is ruled a draw. Triple H will leave on a stretcher and then the lights will go out and the druids will come down to the ring to take away the Undertaker.

A draw doesn't end the streak because it's an undefeated streak, NOT a winning steak. A draw allows Triple H to say he didn't lose AND it keeps the Undefeated streak alive for next year's Wrestlemania so Undertaker can fight John Cena.

I don't think this match will have druids come out or anything like that. I think it will end with the Undertaker walking out after defeating Triple H since the whole idea is the Undertaker wants to walk out of this match.

I also don't care if there's blood or not, which is what has been said a few times in this thread. I mean if the guys are going to make a lot of use of the cage, sure there should be some sort of blood. But if they just have a flat out physical match, would you need the blood aspect to it?

One final thought, don't you think this should go on last, but it probably won't since there's John Cena and the Rock's match to deal with, which will go last.

I am pumped for this as I will be seeing my first PPV event live and my first time outside of Canada for this awesome event.

Thoughts on people saying the match should end in a draw; I do not see whatsoever how this benefits HHH by not losing this match if it ends in a draw, HHH proves nothing to me if it ends in a draw and point being he was never beaten. Truth is, he has been beaten, twice mind you, and I do not see storyline wise how he thinks he can end the streak, he goes on and on like he knows what he has to do. Yeah, so do I, hit him with the chair ten more times!

What we saw last year IMO is a desperate HHH, which was probably the point but I strongly believe and am surprised it has not been mentioned is how he had to repeatedly beat Taker with a chair at least 10 times then hitting the tombstone and Taker still kept coming. You can not tell me if this was a normal match HHH would have came that close or can even brag about winning. HBK came twice as close two times in a row and still couldn't do it without weapons!

Do not get me wrong I am pumped so far by the storyline and do find HHH as a legit threat this year and personally I feel like a kid again wanting to see Taker dump The Game right on his head as a result of insulting the deadman by his remarks recently. You did it WWE, you have me intrigued again!

Hell in a Cell is a fitting situation but personally I believe the only way HHH should even want to defeat Undertaker is to beat him straight up, no weapons, one on one. HHH has hogged enough of the spotlight the last ten years and there is nothing he can do right now to impress me especially end the Streak, if he does I will probably lose even more respect for him. No doubt this will be an amazing ride but I believe they are making Taker look like the underdog here which is different, but based on the points I made unnecessary.

This is my first post on the forum but I felt intrigued to post this... just came out on wwe.com a phone-interview with HBK and someone from wwe.com... they were asking the question if Triple HHH is better than you and HBK started to get pissed off towards the end...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/hbk-better-than-tripleh

It's about 5 minutes long - do you think this could be a work for somehow having HBK be involved? with the way it sounds, who knows if it could lead up to a triple-thread match HIAC? ..... Imagine that!

This is my first post on the forum but I felt intrigued to post this... just came out on wwe.com a phone-interview with HBK and someone from wwe.com... they were asking the question if Triple HHH is better than you and HBK started to get pissed off towards the end...

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/28/hbk-better-than-tripleh

It's about 5 minutes long - do you think this could be a work for somehow having HBK be involved? with the way it sounds, who knows if it could lead up to a triple-thread match HIAC? ..... Imagine that!

hmmm...
I hope this match goes without any outside interference (of course), but in terms of the possibility of a triple threat match- I would love to see the three fight, but on any other ppv besides mania. The story is more about ending the streak than whether or not HHH is better than shawn or not.

to be perfectly honest, HBK will get involved. probably as a guest referee. it makes literally no sense to interview him after this, why do the fans care what he has to say if he won't be a part of the match? look for him to be involved. somehow, some way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back