• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wrestlemania 27 Jack Swagger Vs Kurt Angle

AwesomeONE

Dark Match Jobber
Im going to start off by saying that I know this pretty much isn't going to happen. I know Kurt seems to be happy in TNA. BUT what if this friday was the start of a huge feud between 2 all american wrestlers?

Say Jack Swagger finds a way to hold on to the title till the rumble next year (once again highly unlikely but hell JBL had the title for almost a year and Swagger is a much better wrestler) Swagger beats everyone on smackdown Jericho, Edge, Taker, ETC and becomes one of the top heels of the company

At the rumble he retains his title against Morrison (a match i would love to see) and after the match he cuts a promo saying hes the best wrestler ever in the wwe or any other company, and he says that whoever wins the rumble should face the Raw champion because they have no chance against him.

#30 is about to enter a historic royal rumble and its Kurt Angle! he comes out, wins the rumble, and afterwards gets on the mic saying that Swagger is going to face the best wrestler ever in the wwe at WRESTLEMANIA!

I dont care who wins this match, all i know is it would be amazing!

Thoughts? would u want to see this happen? If so why? if not why?

Good idea but Kurt (IMO) is a much better heel than face and I'm guessing Swagger is too. I for one hate heel vs heel feuds especially leading to the grandest stage of them all. Although it would be an amazing technical wrestling match.

My only problem with your idea is that you have a former WWE wrestler entering the royal rumble at #30 and winning it, with absolutely zero build. I know, I know. Edge came back out of nowhere and won it, as did Cena. But Angle... it's different. He's been in TNA for how long now? As much as I'd love to see it happen, I don't. I think Angle vs. Swagger would be a good match for say... Summerslam, but unless they do some real intense pushing of Swagger up til WM next year, I honestly still don't think I'll agree with him being in one of the main event matches.

It's Kurt Angle though. The second his music hits, people won't care about build up or anything like that. All they will remember is when he was in the WWE in the past and seeing him will give him an insane face buildup which would work well as Swagger makes a good heel.

This would never happen.

But would I love to see it? Oh hell yes. I am a big Angle fan, and a big Swagger fan. To see Angle make a triumphant return to face the All American-American, who many have been calling "Angle 2.0"...it would be a dream match for me. The match itself would be excellent, full of power and lots of technical maneuvers, and the storyline could be great. Angle could play a patriotic All American (guaranteed face reaction right there) and Swagger could play the cocky athlete trying to get his shot. I don't even mind who would win this feud; I just want to see it.

Two Pure Athletes, One an olympic gold medalist, and the other a 2-time all american. Great Backgrounds for both wrestlers. Both World Champions...However with the Kid based fans that WWE has now...It wouldn't happen. kids around 9-12 dont want to see real wrestling anymore, they're more focused on Jumping of turnbuckles or the Child God, John Cena. If theres no diving moves, WWE or Kid-Fans don't want to know. And its a shame.

It's a good idea, and it would be a great match. But the only way it would happen would be if Angle decides it's time to retire (and considering his health issues, that may happen) and Vince offers him the HBK/Undertaker schedule for one more big match. Angle would get one more "moment", Vince would get to put over a future star, and Swagger would be cemented as a main event guy. It's a win-win for all involved, and it will never happen.

This would be an awsome match particularly if it ended with a handshake when the dust was settled. It would be a very entertaining scenario too. I think vince would recognise that a good portion of the audience would remember Angle from his days prior. He was in the WWE for 7 years after all. As for swagger well he would need a rub off of it in the end and that handshake would do him wonders.

Man please. Jack Swagger would seriously have to step his game up before I even consider him being in a main event type of match in wrestlemaia. Him winning the belt is great for a storyline to me but I need some improvement in the ring before I start looking at him in that light

Sounds great, but that will NEVER happen. Kurt Angle said it himself, he would never return to the WWE, only unless TNA dies. he hated working with Vince so its not likely. But i can see where your going, two americans, two submisson experts (well i dont know about swagger) but you get the point. its really a great idea it is but i just cant see it happening. I was thinking along the lines like America Vs. Russia. Swagger Vs. Kozlov storyline, it really is a great idea if you think about it, two big men, one from russia, one from america, sounds something along the line of captain america!

I think Doc hit the nail on the head here. It most likely wont happen, seeing as how Angle is currently liking his position in TNA.

If it were to happen, I would mark out. I would love to see that. You have Kurt Angle: The American hero of the past, facing off against Jack Swagger: The American Villain of tomorrow. It would be a great match-up seeing as how both men's movesets are almost alike. However, like I said, we most likely will NOT see this match, unless Kurt Angle has a huge fall-out with TNA Management, decides not to retire, and returns to the WWE.

Great idea, but not at all plausible. First of all, the Royal Rumble has been heading into a rut lately with surprise superstars making their return and winning the annual event. I swear if they do it again this year, lots of people will be criticizing WWE for being unoriginal and having a stale product; like they are starting to say now about MITB.

Kurt Angle, last I heard, had a very strong partnership with TNA and DID in fact leave WWE on bad terms...so him coming back is almost like saying Ultimate Warrior will make a Special Guest appearance. It's just not realistic.

Jack Swagger, who I really like and am very glad WWE is giving him the break in the business he needs, will Not make it to Royal Rumble as champion. Why? Because Swagger is albeit very good and fresh, but is still in his early years of wrestling. Yes JBL held the title for nearly a year...but Bradshaw has been in WWE for a decade. The company trusted him in holding onto the belt while they built up Cena to take it from him.

Best of luck to both men, but I'm just not seeing this happen.

if this were to happen it would make an amazing match. And the build up for angle winning the rumble wouldnt even matter. because who have two full months to build the storyline. even if angle doesnt choose swagger until after ec u still have a month of build time. but of course i would want angle to win the match

Sounds basically like Angle vs Lesnar again (2 extremely athletic wrestlers with a great background).

It would never happen.

Logic aside, I think it would be a great match lol.

i would love to see this match happening at wrestlemania 27 but highly unlikely cause kurt doesn't want to come back anytime soon and swagger isnt in kurts league just yet but if kurt somehow came back i see kurt in a different match probaly with orton or triple h once again i would love to see this match but dont see it happening

I would love to see this match happen, the only place I see it happening is probably a speicla one night ppv probably created by someone, Paul Heyman? who cares...since I know it won't happen in WWE, why not the January 4th show in Japan?? Why rule out that possibility, I know the Jan 4th show isn't what it once used to be, but this match could easily main event it, don't care about the winner...hell, even if it's non-title..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back