• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

WrestleMania 27 Guest Host: The Rock

Best promo I've seen in years. That type of charisma no longer exists, and I'm glad to see him back (for however long it may be). I'm not sure you can advertise a PPV any better than he did tonight.

So what's with Rock and Cena? Rock isn't going to wrestle..right?

That type of charisma doesn't exist anymore because Rock is who is he is. That said, that type of excitement could still exist if they let people play fast and loose with their promos and didn't write such garbage for them.

That type of charisma doesn't exist anymore because Rock is who is he is. That said, that type of excitement could still exist if they let people play fast and loose with their promos and didn't write such garbage for them.

Agreed. No one out there today has that kind of charisma and natural energy, and WWE's creative department seems to understand that. I think that understanding has caused them to be overly cautious with the amount of freedom these guys have today.

The Rock is one of a kind. I don't think people realize that he has a gift for this buisness the likes of which we'll probably never see again.

With that said, it makes me feel a little sad that he insists on trying to be an actor when it's so obvious that this is the buisness he belongs in.

As for scripting promos, managment will most likely write off how great The Rock did as him just being amazing at it. They don't trust their guys anymore to go out there and get the job done by themselves. Sure it avoids guys from completly butchering things (although most still manage to anyways), but it also prevents guys from exceding expectations and delivering something special. It needs to change in the coming years.

People don't like taking risks when it could cost them money.

The Rock is one of a kind. I don't think people realize that he has a gift for this buisness the likes of which we'll probably never see again.

With that said, it makes me feel a little sad that he insists on trying to be an actor when it's so obvious that this is the buisness he belongs in.

People don't like taking risks when it could cost them money.

Not being an actor would cost him money.

Never say never in the wrestling business. I honestly think there's a possibility that The Rock will agree to work one match, against Cena of course, possibly at Summerslam. It'll take alot of work on both sides but I genuinely think it's an actual possibility we could see The Rock wrestle once more, which is just mind-blowing. Of course that's all a big fat IF.

God what a show.

Never say never in the wrestling business. I honestly think there's a possibility that The Rock will agree to work one match, against Cena of course, possibly at Summerslam. It'll take alot of work on both sides but I genuinely think it's an actual possibility we could see The Rock wrestle once more, which is just mind-blowing. Of course that's all a big fat IF.

Yeah, he's said he will not wrestle again, and I take him at his word. However, he's in great shape and he's only 38 years old. Nothing is impossible, and I'm sure just about everyone and their mother inside of the WWE machine is working overtime to make sure he gets back in there, at least once more.

EDIT: It's very unlikely, but I would much rather watch Cena vs. Rock at Mania as opposed to Cena vs. Miz for the title. Beating The Rock at Mania would be much bigger than winning the title again. And, Cena/Miz just isn't anything to get excited about.

WWE have done something right and now they will get in return a big boost in ratings i have been lurking round the net and have seen loads of "I haven't watch wrestling in (X amount) of years but now i am gonna watch again" imagine how many former wrestling fans feel that way RAW could get a huge rating next week. And McMahon might get his 1M buys now.

WWE have done something right and now they will get in return a big boost in ratings i have been lurking round the net and have seen loads of "I haven't watch wrestling in (X amount) of years but now i am gonna watch again" imagine how many former wrestling fans feel that way RAW could get a huge rating next week. And McMahon might get his 1M buys now.

No way is this going to get 1 million buys, IIRC Wrestlemania 17 is the only show to ever do that.

The total viewers for the overrun with the Rock is 5.7 million, according to the president of USA Network.

nlzi4.png

The buyrate will still depend on the rest of the show. The Rock has caught everyone's interest, now they need to deliver an epic card and capatalize on all the viewers that are tuning in to check out The Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back