• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Would You Put Anyone Over Michael Jordan?

PlayTheGame

The Cerebral Assassin
Michael Jordan is widely regarded as the best basketball player to ever live. But I've encountered a few people that put someone else (quite a few different names) over him as the best player of all time. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone putting Jordan behind two others, usually just one. But I've certainly heard people make arguments that someone else is the best player of all-time, and not Jordan. I'm purposely not mentioning any names, as I don't want to put any names in anyone's head. I'd say MJ's the best player of all-time, but I'd like to see if anyone else on here feels differently and is willing to have a debate on the matter.

Would you put anyone over Michael Jordan as the best player of all-time?

The only name I've ever heard of being in his league is Oscar Robertson but that I've been alive to see, no.

And championships.

Irrelevant. A player could be the greatest of all time and never win a championship. Or at least, not six.

A moot argument, however. LeBron will begin racking them up, beginning this year. I can see him amassing, or surpassing, six.

Irrelevant. A player could be the greatest of all time and never win a championship. Or at least, not six.

A moot argument, however. LeBron will begin racking them up, beginning this year. I can see him amassing, or surpassing, six.

Championships are certainly not irrelevant. Many people use them as a measuring stick to an extent. Not the end all be all argument, but its part of the equation.

And don't start racking up Heat titles until they firstly manage to win 1.

Only irrelevant if a player didn't win championships because he had shit talent around him. LeBron can't use that excuse anymore. And I highly doubt he gets to, let alone surpasses 6. I see him winning multiple titles but I'd put the cap at 4 maybe 5 if everything goes well health wise for the Heat as a team the next few years.

Championships are certainly not irrelevant. Many people use them as a measuring stick to an extent. Not the end all be all argument, but its part of the equation.

And don't start racking up Heat titles until they firstly manage to win 1.
Thank You! People are too quick to make such comments.

Only irrelevant if a player didn't win championships because he had shit talent around him. LeBron can't use that excuse anymore. And I highly doubt he gets to, let alone surpasses 6. I see him winning multiple titles but I'd put the cap at 4 maybe 5 if everything goes well health wise for the Heat as a team the next few years.
Only if they win one this year, but there are plenty of teams that can give the Heat a run for their money. The Thunder have the talent to win multiple titles and I wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls did the same.

Only if they win one this year, but there are plenty of teams that can give the Heat a run for their money. The Thunder have the talent to win multiple titles and I wouldn't be shocked if the Bulls did the same.

I'm not saying I think he will get 4 or 5. Just what I think the max cap is all things considered.

I'm not saying I think he will get 4 or 5. Just what I think the max cap is all things considered.
I know you weren't saying that, I was just saying the cap changes the longer it takes to win one. Lebron is 27 and the longer it takes him to win one the lower I think the cap will be. If it takes until he is 30 I don't see him getting anymore than 3.

If Kobe wins a championship this year and next, then I'd put him over Jordan. That's not happening, though.

And if LeBron had the clutch and fearlessness of Jordan then he would have won multiple championships by now, but without those qualities he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Michael Jordan.

How can you think that Michael isn't the best. He beat the Monstars, who stole the talents of Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, and Shawn Bradley (2 hall of famers, 2 excellent players, and one tall player). He beat them with the fucking LOONEY TUNES (and Bill Murray) as his teammates.

Oh, and he was retired and playing baseball at the time.

How can you think that Michael isn't the best. He beat the Monstars, who stole the talents of Charles Barkley, Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues, and Shawn Bradley (2 hall of famers, 2 excellent players, and one tall player). He beat them with the fucking LOONEY TUNES (and Bill Murray) as his teammates.

Oh, and he was retired and playing baseball at the time.

Woah woah woah, Bill Murray > Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh put together. Let's pump the breaks here before we give MJ all the credit.

Although, Murray "doesn't play defense".

Only ONE person comes close to Jordan:

425792_383880671640463_367810133247517_1384855_509767898_n.jpg

I've watched a lot of basketball (1988-today), and no, Jordan is clearly #1. A ton of titles, and easily the most fluid, talented player I've seen. None of these guys come close to him in terms of pure talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back