• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst Skic mills...er...Mic skills.

After all of the professional wrestling that I have lived through, there is only one name that comes to mind... Since the mid 80's until the present day, I have never seen someone as bad as Jack Swagger... I mean alot of the guys mentioned on here are pretty valid choices, but there is something about Swagger that makes me physically sick... He has a HORRIBLE lisp!!! I can't take this guy seriously!!! When I watched Raw, I was so happy that they moved this loser over to Smackdown (I never watch SD)... I stopped watching Raw, but then I thought I would tune in to see the 900th episode and that son of a bitch Swagger was on there!!! Swagger looks EXACTLY like a punk college frat boy who is on steroids... NO TALENT whatsoever!!! The biggest TOOL in the history of the WWE!!! He always seems to have this look in his eyes like nobody is home... It's basically like the wheel is spinning, but the hampster is dead...

Sorry bout the rant... Swagger is my choice... For reasons listed above...

You just gave a bunch of reasons why Swaggar is good on the mic. The purpose of mic work is to create heat, and as passionate as you were about hating the guy, he is obviosly doing his job. Besides, I met the guy after a local radio interview...no lisp.

Not adding anyone original to the post, but just some comments on those already listed.

As far as Bret Hart, that's why The Hart Foundation was matched with someone called The Mouth of the South.

In OVW, Bobby Lashley had "Star Maker" Kenny Bolin as his mouthpiece. This is the same reason people still mock the Mike Tyson Diet Pepsi commercial from the 1980's. You must find it and hear it to believe it. Also, if you've never heard Kenny Bolin, checkout OVW site for some current shows.

I have always been a big Steiner fan and always got a good laugh when Scott was fumbling his lines. Once in NWA - Mid Atlantic, Scott and Rick were cutting a promo together reading off the cue cards with each brother mouthing the other brother's part. When they got to a point when one brother was supposed to laugh, the other brother also mouthed the laughter.:wtf:

With Jeff Hardy, I'm usually staring at his clothes, hair, makeup and tats too much to even know what he's saying.

Someone mentioned Sabu. Don't remember ever seeing a promo with him speaking. I'll have to Youtube it.

Even as children, we would watch the Ultimate Warrior's insane promos and wonder what he was on.

This depends entirely on how you look at it, as this is all a matter of perspective.

Guys like Scott Steiner were awful, and completely unintelligible on the mic, but Steiner is heralded for it, because it became part of the gimmick. People actually looked forward to (myself being one of them) him cutting a promo, because they knew it'd make little sense and that he'd ultimately just ramble in that unmistakable voice.

Luger lacked passion, and the smarts, so he failed where Steiner succeeded, which is what made him look all the worse when he tried to talk, because he could barely rally his own fans behind what he was saying, let alone the majority of the viewing audience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back