• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Worst...... Wrestlemania..... EVER!!!!

I didn’t vote in 1995 (or any year before or after that), so I didn’t have any say over it. Look it up, it got match of the Year that year.

I didn’t vote in 1995 (or any year before or after that), so I didn’t have any say over it. Look it up, it got match of the Year that year.

Are you just going by PWI's MOTY? That's the only place I can find that names it the MOTY. I know Meltzer gave Bulldog vs Bret a higher rating. The WWE's own Slammy's didn't even nominate the match.

Yup, PWI. Is there any other source worth considering?? Wrestling Observer Newsletter maybe??

I'd trust WO more than PWI. PWI is (At least was) a kayfabe publication. They voted Andre vs Hogan from The Main Event as the MOTY for 1988. That right there doesn't give me much trust for the awards. But for Meltzer, he rated Diesel vs Bret (Rumble only oddly), Michaels vs Jarrett (IYH 2), Michaels vs Razor (Summerslam) and Bret vs Bulldog (IYH 4) as higher. Bret vs Hakushi (IYH 1) and Bret vs Jean-Pierre Lafitte (IYH 3) were given the same rating as Michaels vs Diesel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back