• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Working Twenty-Four Hours

I'm exactly half way though a twenty-four hour shift at work.

The day was pretty busy, but normally nights tend to be quieter (fingers crossed)

Assuming the night is as quite as I hope, and ideas as to what to do?

I'm specifically looking for movies, TV shows or wrestling matches to stream to pass the time, but I am open to suggestions.

I'm exactly half way though a twenty-four hour shift at work.

The day was pretty busy, but normally nights tend to be quieter (fingers crossed)

Assuming the night is as quite as I hope, and ideas as to what to do?

I'm specifically looking for movies, TV shows or wrestling matches to stream to pass the time, but I am open to suggestions.

Don't know if you ever see the tv show LEVERAGE...its pretty bad ass, and got great mix of action, comedy and suspense... I give it two :thumbsup:

24 hours, isn't that illegal?

Not if you get your regulated breaks and lunch/dinner hour or whatever you are supposed to get...then you can work that long a shift... its federally regulated that for every 8 hours, u are required to have at least 2 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch/meal break.... from what I remember reading...

Not if you get your regulated breaks and lunch/dinner hour or whatever you are supposed to get...then you can work that long a shift... its federally regulated that for every 8 hours, u are required to have at least 2 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch/meal break.... from what I remember reading...

Hmm, I'm not sure. Where I live in the UK, the longest legal working hours I've heard of are 12-13 a day.

His profile says he is a Fire-Fighter. They work 24 hour shifts and then have a few days off. MTM can clarify that for me. '92 Rumble? '01 Rumble, No Way Out, and Mania. Or Rumble-Mania from '00 as well.

His profile says he is a Fire-Fighter. They work 24 hour shifts and then have a few days off. MTM can clarify that for me. '92 Rumble? '01 Rumble, No Way Out, and Mania. Or Rumble-Mania from '00 as well.

Meh, I don't know. I'm just going off the legalities here in the UK. You aren't legally allowed to work more than 12-13 hour shifts. Well.. I suppose you could if you wanted to, but if your boss made you then it'd be illegal.

If its an emergency service (like firefighting) you can work any amount of hours required.

People get really pissed when you say "time to shut it down, done my twelve hour shift" and walk away from their burning house (or cat in a tree). LOL

I know here in the states, like Doctors, hospital staff, police officers, and emergency personnel can do like a 24 hour shift, and u end up working like a 3 day work week. I know because I almost ended up working as a nurse in a NICU unit and one of the options was a 3 days at 24 hours...but not in a row...

The night did not go as planned.

One transport fire/car accident (the vehicle hit the transport which started the fire)
One structure fire.

Tonight I'm working a twelve hour shift, and will be working another twelve again tomorrow night, then off for four days.

Ideas on how to pass the time again tonight and tomorrow night are now being accepted.

Erm... Hookers and Coke again maybe, you dont wanna catch a habbit though, or get high enough to think that fire wont hurt you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back