Let's constructively criticize Dagger's crap game, as long as it's to his liking.

Serious Mozzarella

Special Victims Unit
I'm not going to derail KB's thread any longer.

No it isn't. If you read the dialogue instead of skipping it all like a lot of impatient people seem to do, you'd know where to go.

What gave you the idea that I skipped it? I wouldn't be making commentary on how terrible the characters are if I just skipped all the dialogue. I think YOU came closer to skipping the dialogue than I did.

This is proof right here that you haven't even made it past the second town. I spent more time on developing my main characters than anything else in the entire creation of the game. They are original. Some have little tributes to other characters here and there, but when it comes down to it they are mine and original. Each of the 12 main characters and a few of the villains receive a ton of character development as the game progresses. You wouldn't know that though, since you obviously gave up on it before it even starts. Tell me this, how far did you even get?

Me not liking your characters is "proof" that I didn't play the game? Your head is so far up your own ass, and it tells me that you weren't taking any of the criticism we were giving you. You think your game is perfect, and anyone who has anything negative to say about it obvious hasn't played it, right?

FTR, I played it until I couldn't bear it anymore, and then I watched Lee stream the game. You can ask him how far he got.

No it doesn't. It took me around 90 hours to do a run through the game including each optional quest and without hunting any Tape Birds to level up faster. Like I said earlier, if you listened to what people tell you, or ask the other heroes at the base (provided you even got far enough to have a base) then you'd know exactly where to go, thus eliminating anything unimportant. All of the required missions end up being important to the story somehow.

Do you know what forced exploration is? It's your endless series of fetch quests that went down in the first ten minutes of the game that made most people who played it put it down immediately, because it was tedious, and forced people to walk around the same "city" 4 times in a row. I explored the city by myself before those dumb-ass fetch quests forced me to do it all over again.

Plus, the city had an awful design anyway, and took a few minutes of memorizing the identical quadrants that differed by colors.

The FREE version is meant to be FREE!!!! That's the whole point of a FREE demo. Besides, did you not see the part where I said I did not care about becoming rich off this game? I set out to make a game, I did it. As for the demo, don't judge a book by its cover. Give it a second chance.

I was referring to the fact that you fully intended to sell the game. A playable demo is to help the player to decide if the game is good enough to purchase. If your demo is a hot, runny bag of diarrhea, nobody will want to buy your game.

Again, like I explained, it's not that you can sell it anyway. You'll be sued.

Constructive criticism is stuff like what you were saying back in the official thread in the Bar Room back in the spring. Suggestions on things to improve. Telling me that the game is awful or, as you called it, "a bag of dicks" is hardly constructive criticism. That's closer to trolling than anything.

So basically, people saying something you don't like is trolling. Got it.

That wasn't constructive criticism. That was a blatant stab at me, my game, and my personal goals.

No, that was a comment that you didn't like, that you disregarded as trolling as to protect your ego.

1. He's been posting rude things about me in several threads for months now and that post was the final straw.

It wasn't even a rude post.

2. It's Wolfie, not Wolf. There is a HUGE spoiler about him later on. Arguably the biggest spoiler in the whole game. I guess you'll never though because you didn't even give the game a chance based on what you're saying here.

Who gives a shit? The names are silly, and the reason it was a running joke on this forum in the months after you released the demo, was because those names were the epitome of the bad quality of the game.

3. Bolf lives on a different planet called Jellasto. Bolf might be a weird name to someone living on Earth, but the fact is that he's from another world. That happens to be a common ordinary name there. Perhaps they might think names like Joe or Frank are laughable. That aside, if Bolf's name is so laughable, I'm not the one using it as a forum screenname. Just saying.

Yes. The reason I named myself "Bolf Mozzarella" was because I enjoyed your game and the characters so much, and now I'm just changing my tune because it's convenient for me. You've figured me out, Dagger.

I don't mind constructive criticism. That has already been covered. I'm always open to suggestions, as long as people are polite about it. Speaking of politeness.... I used to view you as a friend on here and thought you were a rather cool person. What the HELL happened to you!? Ever since May you have been acting rudely and have been nothing short of a jerk on here. I have slowly lost damn near all of the respect I had for you.

I'm not really looking for your respect. I'm not here to cup your balls and tell you everything is going to be okay. Your game is so bad, it offended me, and the fact that you're trying to sell it makes me think you intentionally made a game this bad, just to rile up the forum.

I haven't been a jerk. Every single thing you've said since May has been damn near ******ed. Sometimes I wonder if you require a nurse to follow you around.

As for improving the game.... I'd love to. I have a handful of ideas of things to throw into the full version. The thing is.... I don't have time. I have not even touched it since graduation. I had higher priorities after that such as working a job I was miserable at so that I would be able to afford rent, taking care of the new puppies, helping my wife deal with a crisis that has completely destroyed her side of the family, finding a new job ASAP once I got forced into a situation at my old one where I had to quit, and now finally coming closer to being able to live comfortably again by keeping my new job and my family a higher priority. All of which are things that some of the people who never seem to leave the spam zone of this forum would likely never understand, problems that occur in REAL LIFE, the place that actually matters in the long run. Check reality out sometime, you might like it.

I assure you, nobody was inquiring as to when you're going to start working on your game again.

I love how you assume everybody who has a problem with you just has no life. Get over yourself.

I fail to see the problem with the names Bolf and Wolfe. This is a genre that has given us Cloud, Chrono, Mog, Fayt, Klute, Butz, Dorcus and Red XIII. Terrible names are completely par for the course.

I could probably give thirty reasons right now why the game likely sucks, and all I've seen of it is a single screenshot. That being said, character names is not one of them.

I'm far more concerned with the ambigous explanation of him leaving his job than anything about this game and whatnot.

I fail to see the problem with the names Bolf and Wolfe. This is a genre that has given us Cloud, Chrono, Mog, Fayt, Klute, Butz, Dorcus and Red XIII. Terrible names are completely par for the course.

I could probably give thirty reasons right now why the game likely sucks, and all I've seen of it is a single screenshot. That being said, character names is not one of them.

The difference is, those games are good. The overall terrible-ness of DB just makes names like "Bolf" stick out.

HOW MANY GAMES HAVE YOU MADE, BRO!? DOES IT TAKE 2 LIFETIMES TO FINISH AND HAVE 1400 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS EACH OF WHOM ARE HANDCRAFTED AND ORIGINAL AND ONLY A LITTLE BIT INFLUENCED BY EVERY OTHER RPG CHARACTER MADE AND SOME OF THEM USED TWICE? HAVE YOU!? I HAVE PUPPIES! I HAVE A JOB AND A WIFE WHO HAS A CRAZY FAMILY! YOU DON'T DRAW SHIT LEBOWSKI!

Make a better game than his then, you bitch.

Funny story, shortly after playing Division Blade, Mozz and I set out to do just that. So far we have three maps, a cutscene, and a bunch of vague ideas hanging around various .txt files on our computers. And we succeeded.

Now, I have rather a lot to say on this subject. Let me gather up my thoughts, because this may be a bit of a wall of text.

It doesn't matter what you vote for, Link to the Past is just gonna win anyway.

Well, be fair; it should win. #wentthere

Funny story, shortly after playing Division Blade, Mozz and I set out to do just that. So far we have three maps, a cutscene, and a bunch of vague ideas hanging around various .txt files on our computers. And we succeeded.

I want. And then I want in.

And after that I want to cuddle.

Now, I have rather a lot to say on this subject. Let me gather up my thoughts, because this may be a bit of a wall of text.

Ah, just in time for dessert too. Perfect.

I made quite a few RPG maker games during my misspent youth. The highlight was a comic adventure game entitled 'Piracy', the basic premise of which was that you were a gentlemen of the nautical persuasion whose boat was confiscated on account of not having paid his harbour tax. As such you were stranded in Tortuga and had to raise enough money to buy your ship back. Was mildly amusing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back