The Silent Hill demo is fucking terrifying...

Blade

"Original Blade"
I don't know if any of you have played it yet. But it's insane. Much more tense and atmospheric than Slenderman, Outlast, even Amnesia. It's like if Groundhog day was a twisted, psychological horror. Obviously the game will probably have more to it, but the demo has made it a must buy for me. Play it with a headset, the sound design is awesome.

Or, if you don't want to play it:

The Silent Hill theme brings back creepy memories. Always liked the games & this looks amazing.

Now if we can just get Eternal Darkness to make it to the new consoles, I will be a happy man.

I'll try to play this - I love scary, horror games. I started playing Outlast last night, and boy is it legitimately scary; the game made me jump a few times and I never do that. This game is now on my radar along with The Evil Within - thanks for the thread.

I am such a bitch that I can't play most horror survival games. I have Outlast on my Xbox and I still haven't touched it. I used to play White Noise with the sound off.

Big fan of the Silent Hill games. Loved all the games aside from Homecoming, yes even Downpour.

The actual game is gonna be third person I assume, it'd feel weird otherwise.

Silent Hill's use of enemies being manifestations of the protagonists psych has always been amazing so Guillermo should do a lot of justice to that. Kojima is a guy who can handle mature themes excellently so this could rival Silent Hill 2's thematic handling.

Del Toro is the guy who created this:

PM.Lab_.jpg

And that was just for a fantasy drama film. So it's terrifying thought what he might be able to come up with for a game that's a full-on psychological horror.

I don't have a PS4 so I haven't been able to play it but I made it ten minutes in before turning it off. The entire bit in the bathroom followed by the windows on the other side of the house breaking spooked me out of my pants. It's scary as shit and I love it. I don't even think I'll actually play Silent Hills because if it's anything like the demo it's going to be too scary for me but I might be in the same room as someone else.

Kojima and Del Toro...what a combination.

They let Kojima near a psychological horror franchise? That sounds like one of the worst ideas imaginable.

Kojima is a man who has brought us space ninjas, SIX-AXIS controlled tit bouncing and shitting in a barrel. Subtlety is not his strong suit. Nor is good writing. Both are considered useful in psychological horror.

I'm predicting a resurgence of pubescent Napoleon if he's allowed anywhere near the story department.

Kojima is a man who has brought us space ninjas, SIX-AXIS controlled tit bouncing and shitting in a barrel. Subtlety is not his strong suit. Nor is good writing. Both are considered useful in psychological horror.

I'm predicting a resurgence of pubescent Napoleon if he's allowed anywhere near the story department.

Resident Evil reference?

I have an issue with MGS's storyline because it is so damn confusing, otherwise I'm ok with the man. I enjoyed RE 4 when I played it.

MGS having some fucking humor shouldn't be considered a bad thing. Although things do get a bit too japanese at times but they're pretty small things. Apparently Kojima's trying to cut back on cut scenes for MGS V.

MGS having some fucking humor shouldn't be considered a bad thing. Although things do get a bit too japanese at times but they're pretty small things. Apparently Kojima's trying to cut back on cut scenes for MGS V.

You talk about killing kayfabe, when Otacon says hold on Snake we have to insert Disc 2 and blue ray yadiya...that was just misplaced. Humor is fine but that one killed the mood coz the game was getting pretty intense.

The humor in the MGS games, even the fourth-wall breaking stuff, didn't bother me. Raiden taking over for Snake bothered me.

Apparently Kojima's trying to cut back on cut scenes for MGS V.

If Ground Zeroes is any indication, he's cutting back on game as well. I kinda wish he'd thrown some of those overwrought cut scenes in there just so I didn't feel like I just bought a demo.

That's where Del Toro comes in. He's well known to be the kind of guy who'll tell you that your idea is stupid. We just have to hope he's still that kind of guy in the gaming world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back