• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hi there. I'm trying to buy TNA Wrestling.

You're right, I don't have the prior experience. I put this together because I decided that there was no reason not to. What do I have to lose? If I don't, then it stays in Dixie's hands anyway. If, by some miracle, enough people actually invest, then I get the chance to make an offer. That's all there is to it.

I must say, there's nothing like being accused of fraud by Batman.

I am not accusing you of anything. Just pointing out the obvious. You clearly have worked this out in a way that you know will line your wallet. You know $5 million is a joke bid. Asking people for money knowing that you will not use the $ for anything outlined is fraudulent, so anyone contributing is stupid. Plus, your perks section is a joke right off the bat, promising things you dont have. Basically you would just have to turn around & buy those people their DVD'S\Tickets or be brought up on charges in some way.

Anyone contributing should know that even if you raise the total, all that money goes to you in the end. The only thing wrestling related you will use the $ for is to buy yourself some new things like tickets to a show & replica belts. Be honest, other than that- you are just going to keep all the cash. We both know you wont send any of the $ back if the goal is not reached.

Curious questions:

What kind of wrestling did you like in the last 20 years, or, for that matter, at any time? Even ROH and Japanese companies have run-ins and stories.

Why do you try to buy TNA, when its product has little to do with what you try to set up and its talent isn't optimal for the style you prefer? And when it's extremely expensive?

The closest thing to what you want to do would probably be to set up an American "Traditional Puro" company. Why don't you start "small", with a 100,000$ league? That's 2% of the money you want to rise, so you can work your way up and test what works and doesn't work. Saying there's no risk or nothing to lose in investing 5,000,000$ is ridiculous, really.

If he was serious, then he would do this the right way.

Marry Dixie (like the HHH drive-thru wedding) and take TNA in the divorce. Why has no-one done this yet?

So Albert/Nathan, what's your next project going to be after this doesn't attract any investors? You've already failed to fund a movie, you're going to fail to fund a takeover bid of TNA. Where do you go from here?

I won't lie, I thought about contributing a quarter or so just for giggles...but it wasn't worth my effort.

I tried to do this before I saw your post, but you can't give less than a dollar, so fuck that.

Apparently if you contribute $25 you get a shirt signed by the whole roster. He's looking for around 200,000 people to contribute that amount. Assuming that it takes each wrestler about 5 seconds to receive the shirt, sign their name and pass it on, this would take them approximately 1,000,000 seconds. This equates to roughly 277 days of non-stop signing.

At what point would they start to wrestle?

When your mother said you could do anything when you grew up, she meant you could be a cashier at either Mobil OR Gulf.

Maybe this is some kind of new humor like when a five year old says they want to open up a McDonald's on the moon, except it's an adult saying it.

If someone could tell me where the possible punch-line would be, that'd be swell.

When your mother said you could do anything when you grew up, she meant you could be a cashier at either Mobil OR Gulf.

Maybe this is some kind of new humor like when a five year old says they want to open up a McDonald's on the moon, except it's an adult saying it.

If someone could tell me where the possible punch-line would be, that'd be swell.

Its about time you showed back up.

And just what is wrong with Moon Base McDonalds?

Taco Bell is a problem though. One fat kid eats a bean burrito in zero gravity = lawsuit.

It's funny, how a few years ago, I would have jumped right into this kind of thing, as harsh comments made with reckless intent used to be my bread and butter. I loved that sort of stuff and relished the opportunity to be as nasty as possible.

However, I just have lost the taste for it. Heck, even my cursing in my initial post was just uncharacteristic of the way I am now.

Therefore, I'm formally withdrawing myself from commenting on any post in this thread, as well as the bar room overall. If anyone was looking to get a rise out of me and to spark a vicious, vile debate, then you will be disappointed.

As far as my plan goes, no comment has changed my opinion of it and I still feel that it could work. I can sleep soundly at night knowing that I was brave enough to find out if anyone was interested in my idea and it seems that the answer is largely, no.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with the few comments that I did make and if I did, then I'm deeply sorry.

Good luck to all of you and rest assured, I hold no ill will to any of you... even the guy who said I looked like an injured potato. I'm just sorry that he/she was right.

Here is a better strategy that could actually work:
(a) Raise around $50,000
(b) Hire a couple of good hackers or scammers
(c) Commit forgery of cheques and online frauds
(d) Total money $20 million this time
(e) Buy TNA.

It's funny, how a few years ago, I would have jumped right into this kind of thing, as harsh comments made with reckless intent used to be my bread and butter. I loved that sort of stuff and relished the opportunity to be as nasty as possible.

However, I just have lost the taste for it. Heck, even my cursing in my initial post was just uncharacteristic of the way I am now.

Therefore, I'm formally withdrawing myself from commenting on any post in this thread, as well as the bar room overall. If anyone was looking to get a rise out of me and to spark a vicious, vile debate, then you will be disappointed.

As far as my plan goes, no comment has changed my opinion of it and I still feel that it could work. I can sleep soundly at night knowing that I was brave enough to find out if anyone was interested in my idea and it seems that the answer is largely, no.

I hope I haven't offended anyone with the few comments that I did make and if I did, then I'm deeply sorry.

Good luck to all of you and rest assured, I hold no ill will to any of you... even the guy who said I looked like an injured potato. I'm just sorry that he/she was right.

Jordan Belfort, eat your heart out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back