Will Undertaker ever come back?

Will Undertaker come back to the WWE?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Paul "The Great" Wright;253208 said:
I'm clearly a Paul Wright fan.

He sux because his gimmick has been awfully stale for about 10 years and his in-ring ability is horrible.

Haha, I hope this is a joke post. Undertaker has more in ring ability than most guys, and that's saying a lot, as he's much older than most.

taker dus nt suk he is 15_0 at wrestlewania. a royal rumble winner.1 time world champ.3 time wwe champ.3 time world tag team champion.1 time hardcore champ and is booked to win the wwe tag titles with kane at no mercy this sunday so why does that make him suk?

taker dus nt suk he is 15_0 at wrestlewania. a royal rumble winner.1 time world champ.3 time wwe champ.3 time world tag team champion.1 time hardcore champ and is booked to win the wwe tag titles with kane at no mercy this sunday so why does that make him suk?

nooooooooo. the undertaker better not win the tage titles. that's a slap in the face to the undertaker. he gets the world heavyweight title, is forced to drop it and then comes back, has two matches with unmovable henry, and then wins the TAG TITLES? VKM needs to step up with smackdown and put the title back on taker. the fans want to see it and he's much more worthier then batista or the great khali.

Everyone is making alot of good quotes and big Points, well we have to first see that Undertaker cannot work a full schedule, so him being WWE champ cannot really be good for WWE in a way for which he cnat work a full WWE schedule. 2: Undertaker, HBK and all these vetran WWE superstars are used for one thing, making other stupid wwe superstars like , Khali, Cena, Orton etc be big superstars. Its what is desperate for wwe. Gimmik wise, well wasnt there a quote from the deadman saying 'i have to stick with this crap for a while'?? Answers most of ur questions.

Undertaker is probably the best on Smackdown (unfortunately thats not saying much)
Batista is boring. Khali is boring. Rey is entertaining to watch, but with size, he isn't the best champ.
I think Kane should get his long deserved push and be the world champ.
Kane only held the world championship for a day, like 8 yrs ago. He deserves more than that.
some sort of Kane v. Taker fued would be nice over the world championship.
I hoping to see Edge take it back on his return, then fued with Kane over it.

I agree with the people on here that say Taker is bigger than the title. He's one of the few superstars that is almost universally over. But the title just seems like something that would be worthless to him. He's already a 5 time champion.

I remember watching Raw during the Corporate Ministry storyline where Austin and Taker feuded over the title. When Austin had the belt, he would come out with it in his hand and it would be flying all over the place. Austin wouldn't let anyone forget he was the champion. Taker on the other hand would just hold onto it and rarely even referenced it or let it be seen. There were times I forgot he was even champion, and it never made a difference to me at all about the aura he had about him.

Taker doesn't need the belt to make him more impressive. He's the deadman. That alone keeps him over. Yes the gimmick is over the top, but it's always been one of the few that just works. The title almost diminishes his presence.

He sux because his gimmick has been awfully stale for about 10 years and his in-ring ability is horrible.

Wait a minute, your a Big Show fan and you have the balls to say that the Undertaker's in ring skills suck? when has Big Show ever been good? I don't know what you've been watching for the last 15 years, but the Undertaker is one of the most talent big men that the WWE has ever had, hell he's perhaps the best big man to ever exist in the wrestling world.

Gimmik wise, well wasnt there a quote from the deadman saying 'i have to stick with this crap for a while'?? Answers most of ur questions.

Huh? He said that seven years ago referring to his biker gimmick, and he went on to say he preferred the dead man (his current) gimmick. So I don't know what questions you think that answers.

That's a strange thing to say about somebody who's had three vastly different gimmicks in the last 10 years and is universally recognized as one of the best in ring wrestlers of all time...unlike your boy Paul "Wright". Btw his name is Paul Wight...hence "The Great" being his nickname. The Great Wight...the great white...get it?

That's a strange thing to say about somebody who's had three vastly different gimmicks in the last 10 years and is universally recognized as one of the best in ring wrestlers of all time...unlike your boy Paul "Wright". Btw his name is Paul Wight...hence "The Great" being his nickname. The Great Wight...the great white...get it?

You do understand that Paul Wright is the Big Show right? While this particular user nicknamed him "the great", there really wasn't anything really that great about the Big Show, especially when your comparing him to the Undertaker.

As far as impressive gimmicks are concerned, Taker has to have the most thorough gimmick. How many wrestlers do you know have specially created entrances for each return, or how many superstars do you know successfully manipulate the use of pyrotechnics. (Kane too) They need to have the Undertaker really pull out all of the stops and start coming up from the ring and snatching people below again, or continue with what they've been doing and really focus on his darkside gimmick with the evil videos, and the hellish entrances. Another point to be made is, they need to get Kane's act back together, he's just not even intimidating anymore. Kane used to receive just about the same amount of respect and emit about the same amount of fear into his opponents as Taker. I don't know what Vince is thinking. He's lost it.

Echelon, you're an idiot, his nickname actually is the great, hence the reference. Hdog, I'm an idiot because that never clicked before, and Paul "The Great" Wright, I'm pretty sure you're 12 or younger so you get to live a few more years before you're allowed to be branded an idiot.

I used to really like the Undertaker, mainly for his presence and his style. I love how he always threatens the ref and plays to his strong points in terms of in-ring ability, but at the same time dabbles in a few other styles (high flying every wrestlemania, old school etc...). BUT to be honest, he really just can't talk y'know? I used to really like some of the badass promos, even though the gimmick was nowhere near as popular. But at least then it was a wrestler, not a super-hero, and that's essentially what the WWE markets the Undertaker as now, he literally has super powers. And hey, that's fine, but you like superhero's because of their unique personalities as well as their superpowers...

I actually really agree with the whole Kane thing. He's a monster and he has enough personality in that he at least shows a range of expression on his face, had the hook here and there and has direct interaction with other wrestlers. Undertaker can't really have that same direct interaction because he's on a higher level than any other wrestler, or at least that's how the WWE wants us to think of him.

Paul "The Great" Wright;252441 said:
The UNdertaker needs to let the young talent carry the company because he sux.

Hahahhaha.Whether or not it was your intention buddy,you just posted the funniest post in recent WZ Forum history. Undertaker IS the Company!!! He has put over some of the biggest names including you man Paul "The Great" Wight.Young talent need him!
I wont make excuses for his dodgy gimmick,but noone can deny he's one of ,if not,the greatest of all time.In fact IMHO, he's the greatest wrestler to ever truly personify "Sports Entertainment"

Huh? He said that seven years ago referring to his biker gimmick, and he went on to say he preferred the dead man (his current) gimmick. So I don't know what questions you think that answers.

I doubt he was talking about the Biker gimmick,because it actually isnt a "gimmick" That's kinda how Mark Callaway is in real life.He collects Harley's,listens to heavy metal etc. I think he was more likely refering to the whole Ministry of Darkness Era & The Brood cause that shit was ridiculous!

I hear they are planing to put the belt on him one more time. But things may have changed because one of there original plans was Undertaker wining it from Great Kahli and holding it at least past Wrestlemania 24. But with The match between Rey Mysterio and Kahli was made into a triple threat match(they taught Kahli was unable to make it a good match which is probably true). Then they decided to give the fans what they want Batista as Champion. So from here I don't know what they are gong to do.

Undertaker has had to be the the most succesful gimmick of all time..
If you need proof buy the Tombstone DVD..
*He's Faced all of WWE/F top Draws Since Hulk Hogan..

*He been in all the Eras (Hogan, New Generation, Attitude, etc.) and his character has evolved accordingly.

*His wrestlemania matches are a main event with in themselves (15-0)

*He's beaten all of the former Evolution Members At Wrestlemania

*someone brought up that he is the best big man in the business. He is the best wrestling big man of all time.. all the other ones didnt come close to being as good or arent even around anymore

*his entrances are by far some of the craziest aside from the biker gimmick one

*he doesnt need a title he is the undertaker... hes a walking main event on his own

Undertaker has had to be the the most succesful gimmick of all time..
If you need proof buy the Tombstone DVD..
*He's Faced all of WWE/F top Draws Since Hulk Hogan..

*He been in all the Eras (Hogan, New Generation, Attitude, etc.) and his character has evolved accordingly.

*His wrestlemania matches are a main event with in themselves (15-0)

*He's beaten all of the former Evolution Members At Wrestlemania

*someone brought up that he is the best big man in the business. He is the best wrestling big man of all time.. all the other ones didnt come close to being as good or arent even around anymore

*his entrances are by far some of the craziest aside from the biker gimmick one

*he doesnt need a title he is the undertaker... hes a walking main event on his own

absolutely right. Like Edge has 3 WWE titles and so does Randy Ortan more then people like

Kane
Mark Henry(won none)
Hardcore Holly
Owen Hart

just to name a few doesnt mean they are better then them. Titles now a days don't mean much. Seriously Santo Marrella won INT title against Umaga now thats sad.

Undertaker has always been a main event star and even today I know he is not what he once was but he could be classed as a great world champion. He shell always be a main event star. The name Undertaker is one of the biggest names in wrestling history.

Taker doesn't give the belt meaning, the last champ that gave the belt meaning was Eddie.
And Raw is pretty much the same, the guy holding it should be IC champ at best.
Allowing Cena to keep it, cheapens it. And the people struggling to beat CENA look sad.

ok explain this to me?, why is it that now cena is off of raw the ratings have declined, how comes cena merchandise flys off of the shelves still and most of his stuff is the highest seller in wwe shop, the marine the film starring cena is one of the highest grossing wwe films to date?

the simple fact is the man makes the company money so he deserves the wwe title and gives the belt credibility because he shows that he can carry the company, he has never had a bad mach, and never shown that he can only do midcard feuds, to me cena deserves his spot as does taker, the man brings the best out of guys like batista who is a lack luster wrestler and even worse on the mic

This isn't the Cena thread. Let's leave that alone. Although Cena did not cheapen the title! Allowing him to keep it makes it seem sought after! Look at SD! That title has been prostituted around.

Taker is a name that is bigger than the world heavyweight title. He doesn't need it to be a main event star. He has and always will be a main event star! He does deserve it though. I think that he is the best on SD and if he is the best, then nobody deserves it more. Undertaker is great and no honest man can say otherwise!

Undertaker is the guy that I would like to see champion and not Batista. Because Undertaker is the kind of guy that looks like he could kick anyones butt. He looks like the guy that couldbe champ for 2 or more years.

Wait a minute, your a Big Show fan and you have the balls to say that the Undertaker's in ring skills suck? when has Big Show ever been good? I don't know what you've been watching for the last 15 years, but the Undertaker is one of the most talent big men that the WWE has ever had, hell he's perhaps the best big man to ever exist in the wrestling world.

i agree with you about Big Slow...as far as Taker goes, he is great period...i'm sick of this 'for a big man' shit that people say about him...he is a great wrestler period...for any size....what the fuck have people been watching these past few years?....did anyone see his match with Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2006?....he matched Angle hold for hold and was right in there the whole way...he incorporated real submission holds into his arsenal and twisted Kurt up like a pretzel...he's had excellent matches with HBK,HHH,Bret Hart,Brock Lesnar,Angle,the Rock,Austin, and Booker T....all of those guys are considered to be elite wrestlers/athletes and he's matched every one of them....he carried the so-called greatest wrestler of all time Ric Flair to a decent match at Wrestlemania 18, and Ric admitted this in his own biography...he carried Batista this year to his best match in two years since he wrestled HHH....how many 300 pounders have you seen do planchas, super-plexes, leg drops from the top rope through the announcers table, not to mention even climb a fucking cage?...the answer is none except for Taker....not Kane, not Nash, not Scott Hall,not Big Slow, not Bradshaw, not Sid, no one...the only other 300 plus pounders i've ever seen attempt to be athletic were Bam Bam and Vader, and they still are not in Takers league...Taker has done more high spots than Triple H ever has.....when does Hunter ever fly over the ropes or even climb the ropes and execute a manuever?....and yet he is the 'Game"?....bullshit.....i've nothing against him or any of the others mentioned above, but you cannot logically sit and watch matches from throughout Takers 17 year career and say that his skill is only impressive for a big man....he can wrestle anyone,any size or shape and have a credible,convincing match....YES he is absolutely impressive for his size and does things no other big man has done, but he is an impressive athelete and wrestler period....the fact that he is six ten and 300 plus pounds just makes it that much more impressive.....if he was six four and 260, and still did those things he'd still be an elite performer....and for you knobs out there that say he needs to move aside for younger talent and can't draw anymore, read the smackdown spoilers from England this week....does it not say after Taker squashed Jamie Noble that ALOT of fans started leaving before the main event of Mysterio and MVP?...theres your fresh young talent for you...no disrespect to those two, they are entertaining as hell, but the majority of the people there left after they got what they paid to see and that was UNDERTAKER....

This isn't the Cena thread. Let's leave that alone. Although Cena did not cheapen the title! Allowing him to keep it makes it seem sought after! Look at SD! That title has been prostituted around.

Taker is a name that is bigger than the world heavyweight title. He doesn't need it to be a main event star. He has and always will be a main event star! He does deserve it though. I think that he is the best on SD and if he is the best, then nobody deserves it more. Undertaker is great and no honest man can say otherwise!

Once again i totally agree!!!!
What is it with u ppl u tale the words out of my mouth!!!!:lol2: LOL

with regards to taker not being WHC material I have to respectfully disagree. Lately taker has been putting people over so much that he is starting to look washed up. I mean that how can he put people over if all he does is loose to new comers. I think that if he is give the title to run with for 6-8 months it would breing some credibility to the WHC and to him. I think he has lost a lot of credibility by losing so much lately

After seeing todays smackdown i was in utter disbalief. how the hell do they strip the world title from a veteran like undertaker like that.

I am utterly confused as i just witnessed the era of darkness being lifted and am curious to know what storylines do they have now for what just transpired. This has left many unanswered questions. What will happen to the world title? Who will be the new champion. And last how will undertaker seek his revenge?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back