• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will The Women's Division Move On?

a7xoff

GLaD I'm not you...
So here's a question that has been bugging me for the past week. Will the Women's Division move on? By that I mean with Candice being injured will the Women do random matches with no real storyline. Will there be a number one contender, and if so who? Will we see the Women's Champion reguarly or will she kind of dissapear like Trish did occasionaly. It seems to me that WWE is very high on Candice right now, and with her only being out for a little over a month, I would not be an ounce surprised if WWE held off any Women's Title storylines until she returned. The only thing I can see happening is mabey a small feud involving Mickie James, but I really don't even see that going far. Nothing against Mickie, but WWE is very high on Candice still... Mods: Sorry if this already exists...

We'll probably just see Beth Phoenix defend the title against random divas on RAW with no storyline. This will continue until Candice returns. Since WWE is high on Candice she will most likely win the title back. Ever since Trish and Lita left this division is dead. It was already bad, but at least there were a few talented divas. Now all we have are hot, but pointless divas. WWE could still save this division. First of all put all the talented divas on RAW and keep like 2 "eye candy divas". I'm pretty sure they have divas in OVW of FCW so they can call them up. It's not too late, but WWE just doesn't give a shit.

It's not that WWE doesn't give a shit it's that VKM likes to have playboy barbie dolls get more air time then actual Women wrestlers, which really is a damn shame because I know there are INSANE women wrestlers out there. I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me that WWE might just put all Womens storylines on hold until Candice returns... Again a damn shame. Candice is getting better, but still not title good.

I cant see it going anywhere, Candice's voice is so annoying, im glad she's out, although Id never wish an injury on someone.If WWE started hiring Wrestlers and not models for the female division, we could see some good story lines develop.

Id like to see Melina turn face, although i dont see this happening cos she's the most over heel. Melina vs. Beth would be a great a feud & if i remember correctly she did take hornswoggle on a date cos vince promised her a title shot if she did.
But i think it will be Mickie who will have a short feud with Beth until Candice comes back.

-Imogen-

It's not that WWE doesn't give a shit it's that VKM likes to have playboy barbie dolls get more air time then actual Women wrestlers, which really is a damn shame because I know there are INSANE women wrestlers out there. I'm glad to see that someone agrees with me that WWE might just put all Womens storylines on hold until Candice returns... Again a damn shame. Candice is getting better, but still not title good.

Beth is champion right now, before her Candice, before her Melina, and before her Mickie. I don't think anyone of them were pushed as "playboy barbie dolls," so I don't know where you're getting that from. :blink: The one big problem I've seen with the Women's Division is repetitive, thoughtless feuds, which really isn't the fault of the women that compete, but moreso whoever puts them in the same tired old tag team matches.

I see Beth and Mickie feuding- finally! This feud is long overdue.

Flames Out
Dragon

The Women's division really needs an overhaul IMO. I miss the days when women could kick a little ass. As a woman, it's kinda boring to watch all these little things prance around and do nothing.

I miss the days of Chyna, Lita, Jacqueline, etc.

Now mind you, I'm fully aware that there are some talented wrestlers in the Womens Division...women like Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Victoria...I just think the WWE really needs to get their butts in gear and get the ball rolling on a credible womens division. They can be pretty faces, but let them kick a little ass every once in awhile. It wouldn't kill them, would it?

Well after hearing Beth's promo on RAW on Monday, it's obvious she won't do much until Candice comes back. I see their feud going into Mania where Candice picks back up the title.

I could see this feud between the two going far when she comes back but until then I don't see much of anything too interesting going on with Beth! Maybe she'll make every divas life a living hell! :)

I Agree that wwe needs to put more emphasis on women as talent instead of eye candy. Because if they did that i would actually watch the womens matches instead of taking a piss break during them. They need to find more dominant divas like Trish, Chyna, Lita, Beth and so on they also need to stop doing all these bikini contests. I As much as the next guy likes to see women in bikini's...but whn i watch wrestling thats what i want to see and that is WRESTLING

Beth is champion right now, before her Candice, before her Melina, and before her Mickie. I don't think anyone of them were pushed as "playboy barbie dolls," so I don't know where you're getting that from. :blink: The one big problem I've seen with the Women's Division is repetitive, thoughtless feuds, which really isn't the fault of the women that compete, but moreso whoever puts them in the same tired old tag team matches.

I see Beth and Mickie feuding- finally! This feud is long overdue.

Flames Out
Dragon

I wasn't saying well intentionally anyway, that VKM gives the belt to the "playboy" girls. What I meant was it seems that on Raw we tend to see random pushes and storylines revolving around them. Before Candice was champ she feuded with Melina, and besides the title Melina kept claiming she would not loose to a playboy barbie doll. Evidentally not... A while back Torrie Wilson was pushed on Raw along side of Candice who at the time was still getting a lil bit of a push from the whole godaddy.com thing.

I agree with the whole Mickie/Beth thing. It's long over due and looks very, very promising :headbanger:

I'm thinking that the plan was for Mickie to be the next challenger to BEth's title but now that Candice got injured, the creative team decided to continue with the Beth-Candice Feud and Mickie James is stuck in another storyline with the tag team champions so if you were hoping to have a feud between Beth and Mickie JAmes, i wouldn'T hold my breath because it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. Beth will pretty much stay inactive until Candice's comes back and them they will continued where they left off.

The Women's Division will always "move on", but to say that, you have to remember that its not exactly running full steam. Its been limping on for a long while and it'll continue to simply trudge along because they'll ALWAYS have to have one now. If they were to disband the division, they'd receive a lot of bad publicity labeling them as sexist, so even if it gets worse (which seems impossible, but hey, we could have Eve vs Maria for 8 months or something) they'll always keep it no matter how horrible it gets, and they'll just shove it down everyone's throats like a PR parade or when you get a kid to eat his vegetables by saying he won't get any dessert if he doesn't lol. Beth is a step up for the division, and I'd like to see her feud with Melina, but I still have yet to be entertained by a single women's match in the year I've restarted watching wrestling.

I'm thinking that the plan was for Mickie to be the next challenger to BEth's title but now that Candice got injured, the creative team decided to continue with the Beth-Candice Feud and Mickie James is stuck in another storyline with the tag team champions so if you were hoping to have a feud between Beth and Mickie JAmes, i wouldn'T hold my breath because it doesn't look like it's going to happen anytime soon. Beth will pretty much stay inactive until Candice's comes back and them they will continued where they left off.

Exactly. There's a possibility that Beth vs. Mickie could take years to start, especially if Candice wins the title off of Beth and moves onto a new challenger. Hell we may never see it!

Also, Mickie's storyline with Murdoch was hinted at waaayy before Candice was injured. After the mixed tag match, you knew something would happen with Mickie and Murdoch!

I think the storyline with Mickie James and Trevor is starting out pretty well and can't wait to see how the rest of it will unfold.

Mickie James used to wrestle for WEW (Womens Extreme Wrestling), it's all women and they don't have bikini matches. If you want excellent women wrestlers mixed in with the guys watch TNA.

Mickie James used to wrestle for WEW (Womens Extreme Wrestling), it's all women and they don't have bikini matches. If you want excellent women wrestlers mixed in with the guys watch TNA.

Oh yes TNA has a great women's division! And we can base that off of what- the last month? I'm sorry, but they don't have a division that's been around long enough to compare with the WWE Women's Division.

WWE did have it's fair share of T&A matches in the past, but it really hasn't been like that this past year. We've only had one bra and panties match, the Memorial Day Battle Royal, the "pudding" match (ugh), and the Halloween Costume Battle Royal this past Monday- so it's not like it's all "bikini" matches or something.

I enjoy WEW occasionally, but SHIMMER's the best in my honest opinion.

Flames Out
Dragon

well since they are obviously putting mickie james in storyline with cade/murdoch, i think that they should just feed maria to beth phoenix until candice michelle gets back, unless they bring in someone like nattie neidhart?

If anyone has to feud with Beth it should be Mickie or Torrie or both even. They should do like Triple Threat and Fatal Four way matches instead of One on One

Divas i don't see Feuding with Beth:
I dont see Melina or Jillian feuding with her since their heel
I don't see Victoria or Michelle Feuding with her because they are both managing a superstar and Victoria is heel

Either Torrie of Mickie should now Feud with Beth

I agree with most of you the divas ar to girly it waz ok when a few divas where 2 girly but most of the rosta waz girly i think tha should bring victoria 2 raw and she can team with beth and have a feud with micki and candice and i might just be me but i liket it when victoria waz crazy

wwe has talent to do avery entertaining womans divsion the likes of micky, vicky and beth make awesome matches but atm all wwe want to do is push talentless big tited blondes who mess up and learn one move which is always overrated and usually clumsey

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back