Will Brock Lesnar Re-Sign With WWE?

Will Lesnar Remain In WWE

• Yes - There Are Still A Lot Of Potentially Interesting Feuds For Him

• No - There's Not Much Else For Lesnar After Being WWE WHC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Brock Lesnar's next scheduled appearance is on the December 15th episode of Raw, which will be the post TLC episode. He was originally scheduled to return this Monday for the Slammy Awards, but the decision was made to push it back as they just didn't want to waste one of Lesnar's appearances. The report also notes that Lesnar is also scheduled to appear at the Post WrestleMania episode of Raw and that it's his last scheduled appearance with his current deal.

There's no mention as to whether or not WWE, Lesnar or either party is interested in extending the deal or signing a new one altogether. There's been talk of Lesnar possibly returning to the UFC though, at the same time, there've been rumors of that possibility off & on for a long time now. At 37, Lesnar's still a young man but not so much when it comes to competitive sports. Also, I'd have to say that Lesnar will never be quite the same physically due to diverticulitis.

If Lesnar is booked for the post WM Raw, I'm thinking what'll happen is this: Lesnar drops the title at WrestleMania and invokes his rematch clause the next night on Raw, resulting in Lesnar's only match on television since his return. He loses the rematch and it's his final match in WWE.

I'm sure Brock will happily come back if WWE wants him to, after all there's nowhere else he'll get that kind of money while staying at home most of the time. (Not blaming him, just about anyone would do the same in his shoes) The major question is will WWE be willing to resign him? Like sure he's a big name but he costs so much while giving them so little, especially at a time where they're hurting for money it has to be really tempting to just let him go. Unless of course he makes it all up in merch sales/PPV buys/network sign-ups, in which case he'll obviously be back.

In any case this is most likely the last title run of his wrestling career but I can see him back at WM32 or some other big event in the future. Just at a much shorter deal than his current one

Whilst I see him leaving the WWE at the end of his current deal...I do believe that with the possibility of the likes of Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and even Bray Wyatt coming out of Mania with a much higher rep than the last, coupled with the return of Daniel Bryan and the usual suspects like John Cena and Randy Orton...there is still a lot of potential in having Brock Lesnar.

I'd go as far as saying that Brock Lesnar extending his deal might well be for the better if we look long-term.

For instance, Lesnar wouldn't have to drop the title so quickly after just a couple of title defenses and the possibility of a Rock vs Brock match would make even more sense as it would further strengthen Brock's booking by having him 'retire' the Rock, and adding him to a list containing the Deadman, the Undertaker and the Superman, John Cena.

Also, it would give even more time to book Brock as even more unbeatable and given his deal, make him even more hated given how kayfabe and reality seems to be mixed in his current reign(Mercenary, etc.).

Lastly, the chasing pack/the up and comers would then have a year to state their case to be the 1 to beat the 1 in 21-1 come WrestleMania 32 in Texas in front of a possible 100,000 strong crowd cheering them on against the Big Bad Beast Brock, who should be getting nuclear heat by that time.

All that said;
IF he leaves at the end of this deal....I'm starting to think he should lose the belt before Mania and let 2 other guys fight over the title. Whether the 2/3 selected are 'big' enough to headline Mania is another matter altogether.

I think they should let him go after his contract expires. He's not likely to work more dates and the WWE has invested too much into him for him to give back so little. How are they going to keep explaining his lengthy absences? I'm sure the rest of the roster are frustrated that Lesnar gets main events and is the highest paid and is now WWE champion when he only makes a handful go appearances year.
I'm a Lesnar fan and i was thrilled when he he returned a few years ago and was looking forward to his eventual title reign but enough is enough. Let him go back to UFC and get a where he can get a quick pay day. The WWE needs to start investing in there full time roster and the talent that actually gives a damn.

I'm sure Brock will happily come back if WWE wants him to, after all there's nowhere else he'll get that kind of money while staying at home most of the time. (Not blaming him, just about anyone would do the same in his shoes) The major question is will WWE be willing to resign him? Like sure he's a big name but he costs so much while giving them so little, especially at a time where they're hurting for money it has to be really tempting to just let him go. Unless of course he makes it all up in merch sales/PPV buys/network sign-ups, in which case he'll obviously be back.

In any case this is most likely the last title run of his wrestling career but I can see him back at WM32 or some other big event in the future. Just at a much shorter deal than his current one

apparently you havnt kept up with things with brock recently. its not a matter of if wwe wants him, its if brock wants to.

UFC still has him under their contract and he would make expontentially more there. UFC LET brock come back to the wwe because its not viewed as competetion but he still is under a mma contract( if you follow mma, he is in the same boat as couture, gsp who are retired or on loa but under contract). brock is considering a return to mma as now hes "100 pct" and the ufc has huge interest to the point of if brock wants back in its a done deal.

brock also trains at home so it wouldnt be like it would be any different than what hes doing now. brock isnt a "wrestling guy" so its believed theres a good chance he will leave as wwe cant offer a matching type deal that would make him consider to stay. brocks total mma annual isnt disclosed but for close mma guys like myself you can estimate he pulls in close to 15 mill a year( not alot compared to boxing but still more than a wwe guy. i think cena pulled in 7 last year). wwe cant match that especially now with their huge loss's.

Honestly, I'm hoping he doesn't re-sign with the company. I think a guy like Brock can be very valuable as a heel, but he isn't a full-time talent, something the company needs to be developing; guys that can contribute night-in and night-out. In the Stone Cold podcast with Vince, Vince said that Brock's lack of appearances is because, A) he has a set number of appearances in his contract, and B) that he doesn't want Brock to lose his, for the lack of a better term, wow-factor as a superstar.

As a fan, I will say that I'm already sick of him. Not because of his persona or in-ring ability, but because he really doesn't do shit for the company. Since Wrestlemania 30, Brock has been in two matches, both against Cena. Those matches were both WWE WHC matches, in which we all know Brock won and then retained. Here's where I begin to scratch my head. First off, if they're worried about the fans getting tired of him, why have both of his post WM30 matches be against Cena? I understand that Cena is one of, if not the most realistic opponents for him, but why waste one of his "precious" appearances on what was essentially a re-run? Second of all, why in the hell would they give "the most coveted championship in the business" to a guy that isn't around to tote it? Shit, the belt itself has only made a few appearances since Brock became champion.

I realize that there is a lack of talent in the WWE right now, due to both injury and an insufficient roster. But the truth of the matter is this: If they wanted to put the title around a superstar's waist that isn't gonna be around on a nightly basis, why not just leave it with Daniel Bryan? Not saying that I would be a fan of this either, but we've seen DB more than Brock since WM30, and he hasn't even been medically-cleared for physical activity. He obviously hasn't wrestled, but still. He's doing all that he can to contribute.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in the 90's and witness some of the greatest champions in WWE history (Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, etc.), and all of those guys, for the most part, were full-time. I guess in the end, it doesn't really matter to me if he resigns or not. Just hate seeing the top prize of the WWE around the waist (barely) of a guy who doesn't deserve it, with a contract (which is bullshit) that doesn't allow him to prove that he does. Just don't see why the WWE keeps kissing this guy's ass and keeps giving him what they've given him. End rant (don't even get me started on 'The Streak').

Honestly, I'm hoping he doesn't re-sign with the company. I think a guy like Brock can be very valuable as a heel, but he isn't a full-time talent, something the company needs to be developing; guys that can contribute night-in and night-out. In the Stone Cold podcast with Vince, Vince said that Brock's lack of appearances is because, A) he has a set number of appearances in his contract, and B) that he doesn't want Brock to lose his, for the lack of a better term, wow-factor as a superstar.

As a fan, I will say that I'm already sick of him. Not because of his persona or in-ring ability, but because he really doesn't do shit for the company. Since Wrestlemania 30, Brock has been in two matches, both against Cena. Those matches were both WWE WHC matches, in which we all know Brock won and then retained. Here's where I begin to scratch my head. First off, if they're worried about the fans getting tired of him, why have both of his post WM30 matches be against Cena? I understand that Cena is one of, if not the most realistic opponents for him, but why waste one of his "precious" appearances on what was essentially a re-run? Second of all, why in the hell would they give "the most coveted championship in the business" to a guy that isn't around to tote it? Shit, the belt itself has only made a few appearances since Brock became champion.

I realize that there is a lack of talent in the WWE right now, due to both injury and an insufficient roster. But the truth of the matter is this: If they wanted to put the title around a superstar's waist that isn't gonna be around on a nightly basis, why not just leave it with Daniel Bryan? Not saying that I would be a fan of this either, but we've seen DB more than Brock since WM30, and he hasn't even been medically-cleared for physical activity. He obviously hasn't wrestled, but still. He's doing all that he can to contribute.

I was fortunate enough to grow up in the 90's and witness some of the greatest champions in WWE history (Stone Cold, The Rock, HHH, etc.), and all of those guys, for the most part, were full-time. I guess in the end, it doesn't really matter to me if he resigns or not. Just hate seeing the top prize of the WWE around the waist (barely) of a guy who doesn't deserve it, with a contract (which is bullshit) that doesn't allow him to prove that he does. Just don't see why the WWE keeps kissing this guy's ass and keeps giving him what they've given him. End rant (don't even get me started on 'The Streak').

This. I was going to go on a rant as well, but someone beat me too it.

Oh no I'm gonna have to saying something as well. Now keep in mind I'm not mad at Lesnar, it's the WWE have put everyone into this situation by signing the golden contract. Stupid bunch of fuckwits. Like McMahon said, no one is stepping up to grab the brass ring. Well what brass ring? The brass ring fucked off months ago and hasn't been seen or heard from since.

Now I know Lesnar is a special case and was brought in to raise buyrates. Buyrates for a company that now sells their PPV's for $9.99 a month. I wonder just how many subscriptions having Lesnar not there has sold and who the hell cares. Let him to back to UFC and work every few months for a huge payday. He doesn't give two shits about wrestling and it shows. I hope he does not resign and will be severely disappointed if he does.

I was so hyped to hear he signed back on to be the champion. And I am still waiting for him to be the champion. His WWE run this time was shit. I didnt like the build up to the Undertaker match, the match should have been stopped and bill lesnar as the guy who "crippled" the Undertaker. The match was average at best. So its just sad to see 21 years go down in a ..... meh.. match.
I really like Lesnar. But this run is so boring. The best part of the run was the way he screeched like a girl on RAW a few time. While he is not coming off any weaker, him as champion is boring and kinda killed the WHC in my opinion as a major title.

If he comes back on as a full time wrestler, id love for him to sign. He would be a great talent to have on the roster at all times. But if its going to be anything like it is now... as DB used to say

NO!NO!NO!

I wouldn't consider his run as terrible, but there's nothing much he can do after all this. His persona doesn't give the vibe of "I can be used to put over new stars at a later date". He has reached his peak in terms of storyline viability. Anything after Mania will seem as forced as those Susan G Komen idiots spanking Adam Rose on his hiney.

I doubt he'll sign a new contract. Dana White seems to be optimistic about another set of UFC matches for the 1 in 21 and 1. Other reasons why this wouldn't work have already been highlighted by other posters.

I don't think he will.
I think he'll go on his merry way and the door will always be open on both sides for a return a year or two down the line. As long as Heyman is there to sell him he will be EPIC.

There are active performers who have more chances of getting injured coz they beat their asses on daily basis. Ok, you will say that Brock has much reputation and is famous. But, is he more famous than John Cena? That's what pissed CM Punk. You may say that Punk is self centered, but let me tell you something, this whole damn world is self centered. These guys like brock are the reason which pisses people and active performers. Whether Brock will sign again or not? It all matters what he will get in return. But WWE needs to think about the fact. WWE needs to change their perspective and should give much and more focus to Active guys. WWE can save a lot. Brock needs lot of money for just few appearences. With that money, WWE can bring two or more active performers like AJ Styles, Bubba rey etc.

There are active performers who have more chances of getting injured coz they beat their asses on daily basis. Ok, you will say that Brock has much reputation and is famous. But, is he more famous than John Cena? That's what pissed CM Punk. You may say that Punk is self centered, but let me tell you something, this whole damn world is self centered. These guys like brock are the reason which pisses people and active performers. Whether Brock will sign again or not? It all matters what he will get in return. But WWE needs to think about the fact. WWE needs to change their perspective and should give much and more focus to Active guys. WWE can save a lot. Brock needs lot of money for just few appearences. With that money, WWE can bring two or more active performers like AJ Styles, Bubba rey etc.

Actually outside the world of the WWE I would say Lesnar is more famous. He was a football player, and then the UFC Heavyweight Champion. UFC has a much bigger fanbase than wrestling does. While the WWE can get a few hundred thousand to buy their PPV's, UFC can get over a million. That sport has huge appeal around the world.

Cena is a WWE wrestler and outside out the WWE fanbase, you won't find a lot of people who know who he is. Hogan yes, Cena no.

I hope he doesn't resign personally. He's been a waste of my fucking time. Every single time he shows up it's just a blur. He shows up so rarely it's an overkill. I know Vince is trying to make him feel like a special attraction but I think wrestling every other PPV would of been just fine WHILE HE WAS CHAMPION. It doesn't even look like there doing that. Brock can't cut a promo and his star power has slowly but surely declined. Once he loses and puts over Reigns which looks like the more and more likely scenario he'll be essentially worthless. Brock's first run with WWE was amazing but his second run was complete horseshit. We could of got something brilliant with Bray Wyatt ending the streak but no you didn't want that. Bray has the best mic skills on the current roster by FAR and has an awesome gimmick they just need to book him strongly enough to become champion than losing to Cena will be forgotten. We would of never even got in this bullshit Cena squashing Bray mess if they just let Bray work with Undertaker and have a passing of the torch moment. God damn you Vince no wonder why CM Punk walked out on your ass.

Instead, we get to see Paul Heyman just repeating the same thing over and over and over again wow great substance to his character. Don't get me wrong Paul heyman is great and all but I remember on Raws and Smackdowns after the streak ended he just kept repeating Brock ended the streak. It was just cheap heat and nothing else. So sad, so much buildup of the Undertaker's legacy at WrestleMania and such an underwhelming defeat. Hopefully Brock goes back to UFC gets the shit kicked out of him and never shows up on TV again. I don't even watch UFC but I just don't want Brock making any more money considering all the money he has stolen from WWE since returning what a complete waste of fucking time.

I don't even watch UFC but I just don't want Brock making any more money considering all the money he has stolen from WWE since returning what a complete waste of fucking time.

Let's be fair here, none of this is Brock's fault. If your employer was willing to pay you an insane amount of money for only coming in to work for a select number of days you'd jump at the chance. We all would, Brock would have been out of his mind to turn that down.

So I can't lay any blame to him here, the WWE was stupid enough to hand him this contract and also give him the belt to boot.

Also it's hardly 'stealing' if the idiot in question happily hands everything over to you.

I hope he doesn't resign personally. He's been a waste of my fucking time. Every single time he shows up it's just a blur. He shows up so rarely it's an overkill. I know Vince is trying to make him feel like a special attraction but I think wrestling every other PPV would of been just fine WHILE HE WAS CHAMPION. It doesn't even look like there doing that. Brock can't cut a promo and his star power has slowly but surely declined. Once he loses and puts over Reigns which looks like the more and more likely scenario he'll be essentially worthless. Brock's first run with WWE was amazing but his second run was complete horseshit. We could of got something brilliant with Bray Wyatt ending the streak but no you didn't want that. Bray has the best mic skills on the current roster by FAR and has an awesome gimmick they just need to book him strongly enough to become champion than losing to Cena will be forgotten. We would of never even got in this bullshit Cena squashing Bray mess if they just let Bray work with Undertaker and have a passing of the torch moment. God damn you Vince no wonder why CM Punk walked out on your ass.

Instead, we get to see Paul Heyman just repeating the same thing over and over and over again wow great substance to his character. Don't get me wrong Paul heyman is great and all but I remember on Raws and Smackdowns after the streak ended he just kept repeating Brock ended the streak. It was just cheap heat and nothing else. So sad, so much buildup of the Undertaker's legacy at WrestleMania and such an underwhelming defeat. Hopefully Brock goes back to UFC gets the shit kicked out of him and never shows up on TV again. I don't even watch UFC but I just don't want Brock making any more money considering all the money he has stolen from WWE since returning what a complete waste of fucking time.

Oh God I couldn't agree more. There is no place in the WWE for "Special Attractions". Stephanie McMahon went on a great length about having a fighting champion, so Daniel Bryan couldn't keep the title. So here we have this former UFC Heavyweight Champion come in and win the title and then does what, treats the WWE like it's the UFC. We don't see him for months.

Yes it could have been something great, but it's turned out to be in my mind the worst decision they could have made. And I'm so over Paul Heyman now I don't care if I ever see him again either.

Next time anyone complains about Roman Reigns being horrible on the mic, and I have done it as well, I'll point them and myself towards Lesnar. He has the title, one hell of a manager on the mic, and he's vapour.

Oh I agree he didn't steal money they offered it too him and he took it, anyone would. It should never have been offered like this in the first place though.

apparently you havnt kept up with things with brock recently. its not a matter of if wwe wants him, its if brock wants to.

UFC still has him under their contract and he would make expontentially more there. UFC LET brock come back to the wwe because its not viewed as competetion but he still is under a mma contract( if you follow mma, he is in the same boat as couture, gsp who are retired or on loa but under contract). brock is considering a return to mma as now hes "100 pct" and the ufc has huge interest to the point of if brock wants back in its a done deal.

brock also trains at home so it wouldnt be like it would be any different than what hes doing now. brock isnt a "wrestling guy" so its believed theres a good chance he will leave as wwe cant offer a matching type deal that would make him consider to stay. brocks total mma annual isnt disclosed but for close mma guys like myself you can estimate he pulls in close to 15 mill a year( not alot compared to boxing but still more than a wwe guy. i think cena pulled in 7 last year). wwe cant match that especially now with their huge loss's.

TBT keeping up to date on Brock(or anyone on the roster really) isn't a high priority for me, so you would be right on that one.

Also not a UFC/MMA fan so this is all news to me, thanks for the info. Honestly I hope all of it iss 100% true since imo WWE is better off without Brock and if he can make much more money with the UFC then it's a win win for both.

Actually outside the world of the WWE I would say Lesnar is more famous. He was a football player, and then the UFC Heavyweight Champion. UFC has a much bigger fanbase than wrestling does. While the WWE can get a few hundred thousand to buy their PPV's, UFC can get over a million. That sport has huge appeal around the world.

Cena is a WWE wrestler and outside out the WWE fanbase, you won't find a lot of people who know who he is. Hogan yes, Cena no.

You talk absolute crap my friend. Don't forget, WWE showcases their talents on a weekly episodic basis and only feuds come to an end at PPV's. UFC has probably the same performers on around 2 PPV's a year and they have only hit 1 million PPV buys once in the last three years.

PPV Buy Rates below...

02/01/2014 UFC 169 Barao vs Faber II 230,000
02/22/2014 UFC 170 Rousey vs McMann 340,000
03/15/2014 UFC 171 Hendricks vs Lawler 300,000
04/26/2014 UFC 172 Jones vs Teixeira 350,000
05/24/2014 UFC 173 Barao vs Dillashaw 215,000
06/14/2014 UFC 174 Johnson vs Bagautinov 115,000
07/05/2014 UFC 175 Weidman vs Machida 545,000
08/02/2014 UFC 176 Aldo vs Mendes II Canceled
08/30/2014 UFC 177 Dillashaw vs Soto 125,000

While I personally think that there are some very interesting programs left for Lesnar, like going up against Daniel Bryan for instance, I don't think he'll be too interested in hanging around after dropping the title. I think there's a chance if WWE's willing to pony up more money for his next deal but, frankly, I don't think Lesnar's worth it when you consider the limited amount of dates he's willing to work. Plus, as far as Vince McMahon is concerned, the biggest money feuds for Lesnar has been against John Cena and The Undertaker. Lesnar's come out ahead of Taker and it's likely he'll come out ahead of Cena, so my line of thinking is that Vince doesn't see a whole lot of significant money feuds left for him.

As I mentioned, however, I think a feud with Daniel Bryan could be interesting and if booked properly, there could be a lot of money made from it. It's a feud that practically writes itself as a David vs. Goliath scenario and I could easily see fans rallying around Bryan as the scrappy, fearless underdog just like they did during his program with The Authority.

Money talks. In my opinion, big bucks are the only reason he returned to pro wrestling in the first place......and I would imagine that even he didn't foresee the truckloads of cash WWE was going to throw at him. Perhaps he and his management tossed out a ridiculously high figure just to test the water, and were stunned when the McMahons' agreed.

That said, I think he's had a good run and it's time to leave. I have nothing against him, but after Cena, Triple H and Punk, who's left for Brock to fight and make the match-up appear realistic? To appear attractive?

Daniel Bryan? Those folks who think this would be a great match might change their minds once they saw these two guys side by side. Yes, Daniel can make most any match look good, but could Brock ease up on the physical stuff enough to produce a contest worth watching? I don't think he can. Against Trips and Cena, he could bang away because they're big enough to take it. Against Daniel Bryan in the Battle of Broken Neck? :disappointed:

Who else? Do you want to see Brock face off against Big Show or Mark Henry?.......me, either.

How about Rusev? The problem there is that Rusev is on his way up,,,,and having him beaten by Brock is hardly the way to fortify his push. At the same time, having Rusev chop down Brock doesn't seem feasible either; Rusev simply isn't a big enough name to warrant fighting Brock Lesnar....and with the cash outlay due Brock, he has to fight only the biggest names; the supply of which has already been exhausted.

So, if WWE wants to continue giving the keys to the cash vault to Brock, he might agree to another hitch with the company, but with the dearth of new people for him to fight, I can't see Brock being worth the investment.

It's been fun, Brock.....don't let the door hit Sable in the ass.

He knows he can come back to the WWE at any time. He can do it even when he is in his 40's. UFC or indeed MMA requires him to be slightly younger. His window is closing and I reckon he doesn't resign.

Dana White is a great businessman. He has done well to build the UFC brand but, like wrestling, you need big names to draw. A few years ago GSP, Silva and Brock were the champs. Even Sonnen was around. That's amazing. Now there is, what, Rousey? Jones? Not great is it.

So White will probably offer Brock a shitload of money to fight a few more times. Brock being a guy who notoriously likes his money will take the offer. A couple of UFC fights and Brock might be a World Champ again. Worst case scenario he gets his ass-kicked once or twice but makes millions of dollers. In that scenario, who is actually the loser.

Maybe I'm being presumptuous but I reckon Brock will got back to the UFC. As of right now there are a few options in the WWE but they probably want more dates out of him. I reckon he puts over whomever at Mania and leaves. Go to UFC for 2/3 fights (more if he gets the belt) before leaving MMA for good. Then he has the option of coming back to the WWE who are either really desperate or in a wonderful financial position so can throw some money around.

All I know is I'd love to be Brock's agent because he is going to make an eye-watering amount of money either way.

I agree. There's really nothing else for Brock to do in WWE. WWE seems desperate to find someone to beat Lesnar so they can get the title off him before he leaves and I know that Vince, Dana, and Scott Coker are basically at war over him and I wouldn't be surprised if Dixie decided that she wanted to sign Lesnar. There are a bunch of guys in the TNA Locker Room that could make great opponents for him. But in the end, I feel like he'll decide that he no longer has the desire to be in the spotlight and simply be known as Farmer Brock.

They could've avoided this altogether by having Rollins cash in on Lesnar at the end of Summer Slam. Lesnar could then fuck off till the Royal Rumble, which he'd win & challenge whoever the champion may be come Mania season.

Lesnar still gets that streak rub, goes over Cena clean & gets to make a new megastar at Mania 31, but we don't have an AWOL champion for five months.

But apparently the WWE is run by a bunch of utterly incompetent fuck-heads who didn't even consider the above as a viable option.

:banghead:

I really really hope this is one of those rare moments where a staff-member with Titan Sports reads these forums.

Brock is an attraction for sure, and he's the guy to beat if you want to call yourself the kayfabe best in the WWE. When he's beaten by who-ever, that's when it's time for him to hang up his boots. Keeping him around after-ward would only hold back an aging mid-card full of hungry young athletes. His story would have been told with a beginning, middle, and end. He holds nearly every accolade any pro-wrestler could ever hope to obtain, the most significant of which being the streak. He's been given more than anyone else of this era, and he only had to appear roughly once every three months.

I really hope that the Monday after WrestleMania is Lesnar's last appearance. I'm not knocking him as a performer, I'm just saying that there's nothing left for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back