• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brock Lesnar Appears At UFC 146: Anything To This?

Brock marks everywhere. He retired for a reason. If he ever does go back he will continue to get beatdown and bitch out. I love watching that clip of Brock doing that backwards cartwheel flip to get away from Cain's strikes.

Meltzer and Alvarez are reporting that there is something to it, ie a match. Dave does talk to Dana often so he should know something.

Brock only showed up for the main event and had a meeting with Dana right afterwords.

i hated HHHs promo on Brock being a "quitter" .To me obviously he was an athelete trying to find his place and UFC was his thing but now hes retired and has health problems HHH and many others backstage would have never even lasted in UFC.

Maybe Brock will grow sick of WWE's booking and go back to UFC again ? WWE booked him to lose his return match after 8 years to John Cena.

Brock's never going back to UFC. Did you see how the threw his last fight(which was the saddest UFC fight I had ever seen)? He just doesn't have any passion for it anymore.

Lesnar is their biggest draw u say. What abt mir, dos santos, velasquez, minotauro, shogun, jon jones, sonnen and of course the greatest fighter in the UFC right now. Anderson Silva. Hell anderson silvas 80 pounds lighter than lesnar and could still kick his ass.
Being a draw has almost nothing to do with how talented of a fighter you are.

Anderson Silva's a great fighter, but he's not a draw. A draw "draws" people to buy pay-per-views. I'm usually drawn to a sports bar near where I am to watch the fights. During a Lesnar-headlined card, there wasn't a spot in the house where you could stand without bumping elbows. A Silva-headlined card? I've got a seat by the taps which I never worry about not having when I show up twenty minutes late.

I can go down that list; not a single one of them even comes close to Brock Lesnar's drawing power. Kimbo Slice had more drawing power than half of that list. Right now, the UFC is in the awkward position of not having a guy who can move PPV's like Brock could; and before him, fighters like Forrest Griffin or Chuck Liddell. Jon Jones probably comes closest. Sonnen sells a Silva fight well, but that's the extent of his drawing power. (Silva v. Sonnen I was a ghost town at the bar I was at.) Perversely, Dos Santos and Velasquez are two of the best heavyweights we've seen in a long time, but they arouse only minor passions in people.

Brock Lesnar absolutely was UFC's biggest draw, in the history of the company. The man practically printed money for them in a way that no one else has.

As I see it, Brock had three reasons for returning to pro wrestling: (1) money (2) money (3) money. He's getting plenty of it, he's working a limited schedule with even more limited travel (not going on international trips) and he doesn't seem bothered that everyone else has to work the full schedule while he enjoys his privileged standing. Whoop-de-doo.

To my mind, he sees pro wrestling as beneath him and made that clear when he left years ago. He sees "scripted" fighting as inferior to "real" fighting.....and that's probably understandable for a guy who has fought for real.

Despite all that, he was willing to accept WWE's offer this time around. To Brock's credit, he didn't come back spouting all kinds of devoted garbage about how he missed WWE and it's people.....but however you react to him, it seems evident he has agreed to lower himself to entertain the pro wrestling fans......and receive gobs of cash for doing it.

Might he go back to UFC? Sure...........I don't know that he'd like it any more than during his first go-around, but people tend to forget pain and remember glory.

In other words, Vince McMahon might really have to pony up a lot of bucks to keep Brock past his first year back. Even if he does, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brock goes back to the world of "real" fighting.

For the people saying that Brock Lesnar isn't the UFC's biggest draw in history, you need to look at the buys.

Seven UFC PPV's have broken the 1 million buys mark.

Brock Lesnar headlined four of those seven. Including the top 3 buys (UFC 100 - 1.6 million, UFC 116 - 1.16 million, and UFC 121 - 1.05 million (tied with two others) )

While he was by no means the UFC's most talented fighter, he was a way bigger draw than any of the other UFC fighters. Anderson Silva (the best fighter in the UFC)'s most bought event was bought by 850,000.

Brock Being at UFC 146 has nothing to do with no storyline whatsoever! The guy is a former UFC world heavyweight champion. Why can't he go and watch what he left behind? When The Undertaker went and watched Brock get his ass kicked and they had their staredown was that part of a storyline? No! Plus UFC 146's main card was a all heavyweight card. The guy probably just wanted to go. I'm sure he is still a fan.

No, he wont return. His body isn't capable of getting the abuse u get in the UFC. He has had too many problems. That is why he will have a very light and favorable schedule in the WWE where he will be protected and any threat to his well being is minimal. I'm not sure but i'd imagine he would get paid a very nice wage at either organisation.

There is nothing left for him to prove in the UFC. People doubted him but he won the world title. Smashed Mir, beat Carwin and although he didn't fight JDS i reckon he would have of beaten him too.

Im sorry I had to comment on this... This is a joke right.. Did u see what JDS did to velasquez and then mir.

Pardon my french but jds would have double fisted lesnar up the rear in half the time overeem did and left him there for the kids to pick on. Lesnar is not the toughest fighter on the planet. Being UFC champ once does not make u the best. He beat a man in his mmid 40s for the title. His first defense was against a guy who just had a motorcycle accident and broke his knee a mere month and a half ago and lastly a fluke victory against a guy who clearly had him beat in the first round then got caught in a choke in the second. Velasquez destroyed him and then so did overeem. And we saw what JDS did to velasquez didnt we.

JDS >>>>>>>> Lesnar any day of the week

Nothing's gonna come of it. Dana White knows his audience too well and knows even at the best of times wrestling is seen as either childish or lowbrow white trash entertainment in mainstream circles. The average UFC fan would say "Get that gay phony shit outta here!" if WWE got involved. Maybe Lesnar will come back once his deal with WWE is up but that's about as far as it goes.

It was a storyline (duh, like you all didn't know :p)
And Dana White said in the UFC 146 press conference that there would be a POSSIBLE return for Lesnar in the UFC, but i do'nt believe that...

Im sorry I had to comment on this... This is a joke right.. Did u see what JDS did to velasquez and then mir.

Pardon my french but jds would have double fisted lesnar up the rear in half the time overeem did and left him there for the kids to pick on. Lesnar is not the toughest fighter on the planet. Being UFC champ once does not make u the best. He beat a man in his mmid 40s for the title. His first defense was against a guy who just had a motorcycle accident and broke his knee a mere month and a half ago and lastly a fluke victory against a guy who clearly had him beat in the first round then got caught in a choke in the second. Velasquez destroyed him and then so did overeem. And we saw what JDS did to velasquez didnt we.

JDS >>>>>>>> Lesnar any day of the week

JDS is amazing standing up, but Lesnar is more than capable of taking him down and then Lesnar would be in a favourable position. It won't be as one-sided as you say it would be. It would only take one good move from Lesnar and he would have the fight one. Plus you saw the amount of abuse he took from Carwin. Lesnar isn't going to get knocked out easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back