• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why The Love For Santino? (The Underdog Curse)

I find it funny people are talking about crowd reactions, especially in this day in age, as a means of judging a performer. You are talking about the same crowd that was dead silent when CM Punk kicked out of the SCF, hell they where dead silent the majority of the night. It was like saying "did you hear the pop Cena got when he returned at royal rumble people love him" except they don't. Santino's pop was a product of right time right place, even if it was the wrong guy. Take any lovable underdog and put them in his place last nigh, Zack Ryder, Ted Debiasi(sp?) etc etc and they would of gotten a pop.

When fans started cheering this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDpTT2PEAo

their pops stopped meaning a damn thing. The only fans left with any credability are the ones in Chicago, Canada, and perhaps Philly and I can bet you if this would of been in any of those three cities Santino would of been booed out of the building just on the stupidity of him even being in such a situation, if not booed just for being a stupid character.

This is so off the mark, it's painful. Firstly, I don't know how you can argue that crowd reaction isn't the best way of judging a wrestler. There are a ton of wrestlers in the WWE who can put on a great match but can't buy the kind of support Santino has. Your suggestion that any underdog would have garnered the same reaction is way off base, especially when you mentioned Ted DiBiase. How the crowd reacts to you as an entertainer is the biggest mark of success. Granted, the crowd doesn't pop for Santino because he's challenging for gold, but because he entertains them. Doesn't do it for you? That's fine, the face of the company doesn't do it for roughly half of the fans.

Secondly, and even more absurdly, you suggest that not only is crowd reaction not the best way to judge a character, but also that crowd reactions means nothing. How? This business is based on fan appeal, either positive or negative. If you don't agree with what crowds are popping for, then that's your own prerogative. But I believe the WWE is going to take note of the thousands in attendance over your marked criticism.

For the record, I'm from the "city" of Canada and we have always marked hard for Santino. I find it hard to believe last night would have been any different.

Why all this love for Santino? I guess it's because he stole the damn show last night!

This guy played a vital role in the Smackdown Elimination Chamber match, he brought a great underdog story with him thus gaining the crowd on his side. Sure Bryan, Show, Barrett and Rhodes were all great in the match but the they didn't bring the drama that Santino possessed. Santino is always a great teaser for the crowd, just peek at the Royal Rumble match last year when he almost won, the place much like a mirror of last night went absolutely nuts! He single handily separated the Raw chamber which had been more technical wrestling oriented from the superior SD match which told a better story through Santino's selling, bumps, and overall underdog factor. He had the crowd on the edge of their seats thinking he would win the match and main event Wrestlemania.

Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes and others were not even remotely buried as the OP claims. Loosing one match doesn't solidify that you are being buried, It through your logic it means that Show was buried last night despite having a monster performance in the chamber last night right? Do you know how many countless future Hall Of Famers have been pinned in that match?

Nevertheless in WWE the spoils go the guys that can get the largest crowd reaction, Santino is among them.

the only problem i had with Santino in this match is i knew he wouldnt win the match itself, but in the ring he's not awful, he's just not great and is too much comedy, but i can live with it sometimes though i wish he wasnt in the match, but honestly, i cant complain about Santino with The Great Khali was also in this match.

When Santino hit the Cobra, the entire room where I was at Marked Out for him. We seriously all wanted him to win by the end of the match. It would have been a nice refreshing change, and all they did was set up for Santino to actually win the title at some point down the road.

Overall after last nights performance Santino has solidified himself as one of the most entertaining Superstars the WWE has to offer. The build up proved Santino is versatile, the actual match showed he could go with the bigger stars of the show, he took some good bumps, he managed to look strong throughout the match and the crowd was more into the last 5 minutes of that EC match than they were into the Main Event.

I for one am sad Santino isn't our current WHC

I didn't watch the EC last night, but just judging from the reactions in this boards live chat thread... and reading some reactions this morning... I think it's obvious that the WWE has been misusing Santino for a long time now, and they don't realize what they have in him.

First let me say that I love the fact that there seemed to be a lot of people who genuinely believed that he could win last night. I love that. Tells me that he really did his job properly... because anyone who cares about wrestling enough to spend time in an online forum discussing it should realize that as he is right now, he will NEVER be a World Champion... not even for a day.

Yes he played the underdog role great last night, but for the majority of his WWE career, he's been a complete comedy act. There's rarely ever been another facet of his personality shown, and the odd times there are, those facets are never highlighted for long. In the ring, despite the fact that he's actually a very good hand in the ring... he's typically displayed as virtually inept in the ring, and has routinely been squashed.

Sure they played up his underdog status for last night, and let you see for once that there is more to the man than cheesy jokes, but you can't erase years of a character build like that overnight and conclude with a new World Champ right before the biggest show of the year.

I've seen people saying Santino winning last night would have been on the level of Foley's first title win... wrong.

Foley was a great comedy character as Mankind once he turned face, but there were so many differences between his and Santino's characters... as well as a blueprint they should be following with Santino.

Foley wasn't a pure comedy character... and had established cred in the WWE earlier by being a deranged heel, and then having that Jim Ross interview that opened up the other aspects of his character, allowing him to become multi faceted.

Foley was also never a jobber. Once he got into the ring, he was always portrayed as a top guy and tough fight... even if he finished his matches by putting on a sock puppet and shoving it down a guys throat.

He was credible, and considered the underdog because Mr. McMahon made it clear in character that he never wanted to see someone that looked like Foley be his champion... which made us all realize that was more than just a storyline, and a reality Foley had had to deal with his entire career. It made us all get behind him even more because he'd done so much to entertain all of us, and we wanted to see him rewarded for that.

Santino doesn't have those things right now. He just does comedy. He's not portrayed as credible in the ring. He's basically this era's funny Barry Horowitz... yet the people are behind him huge. They need to capitalize on this.

It'll take months... maybe longer to rebuild him properly so that he can be a credible underdog threat... and a guy that can be seen as World Champ, so they need to get started now. Build his credibility in the ring. Stop jobbing right now. Stop the short squashes. Every match... regardless of who he's in the ring with... he should be hanging in there, getting his offense in, catching his opponents off guard... and either scoring underdog style wins... or taking dirty heel losses. Give him a couple prominent feuds where he comes out on top in the end.

Keep the comedy aspect of his character since that is part of what makes him resonate with the fans, but add more layers to it. Human beings are not one dimensional, and Santino shouldn't be either. Get to understand his hopes, dreams, and where he comes from as a person.

Do all of this long enough, and you'll erase the comedy jobber character, and replace him with a real Rocky that can blow the roof off of the house when he finally wins the big one.

A guy who has to act like an idiot in some of the most ridiculous segments ever, finally gets HIS moment and you wanna bash him? I don't much like the character either but fucking hell he stole the show last night! A show with Cena, Punk, Jericho and Kane on the card and Santino is the guy who makes it worth watching. We all know because of his character he will never really win a major title, but just for that one match we believed he could actually pull it off! That's what I love about wrestling, and last night I decided to watch as a FAN not a critic. I recommend you do the same...

their pops stopped meaning a damn thing. The only fans left with any credability are the ones in Chicago, Canada, and perhaps Philly and I can bet you if this would of been in any of those three cities Santino would of been booed out of the building just on the stupidity of him even being in such a situation, if not booed just for being a stupid character.

Who the FUCK are you to say what city's have credibility. You sound like an idiot when you say only two city's, and a country have creditability. What gives one city more creditability and another? What makes anyone ones pop meaning less? I'm pretty sure that they all payed for there seat, so they can cheer or boo who every they want. Wrestling is entertainment, if you want something real watch UFC. You can say you don't find them entertaining, but the fact is most people do. .

I don't get everyone's love for that jobber, Santino Marella. I mean, precious PPV time was wasted on Santino trying to emulate Rocky Balboa (Vince McMahon's "Rocky" training leading up to RR '99 was much funnier).

I think you probably have a different definition for the term "wasting time". I loved all those PPV segments with Santino training in Rocky style. Seriously the promos were like a minute long. What wasted more time was Lauraniatis' stupid "announcement" or the lack of it which could have so easily been done on Raw and that US title match that was just thrown in to make up some time. And what the fuck would you have alloted time to anyway? The two chamber matches were 30 minutes long and John Cena vs Kane got a ton of time too. As did the Divas match for a change. Wait, maybe you are that kind of an idiot who wants to see an unannounced filler match between two boring midcarders take 15 minutes rather than see something entertaining.

As for why people love Santino, he is that guy in the era with a cult following. Like Val Venis and Godfather in the Attitude Era but Santino is probably loved even more than these guys due to his comic ability and his underdog status. These guys never become champions but they always entertain. That is precisely what Santino did. He also wrestled well and gave the fans something to cheer about. You have to remember that apart from Khali( whom no one cares about much) he was the only babyface in the match. He wrestled in his character, only going for pins when he thought it was advantageous for him and in doing do provided some great babyface moments. Again what the fuck more do you need?

I knew when they put Santino in the match, and then did endless "Rocky" hype for him, he would be in the last two or three.

Cool. People figured that out the moment Santino was announced for the match. And they were looking forward to it.

Anyway, he lasted until the last two, and buried Wade Barrett on the way. I now declare that Barrett will never be a main-eventer now, since a pint-sized jobber pinned him to three (let's not forget, Barrett destroyed Orton and storyline injured him the last few months, only to piss his build down the toilet by a joke like Santino pinning him.

Er...you do not know what buried means do ya? Barrett totally dominated Santino and Santino only covered him after Daniel Bryan performed his headbutt. Again, it is what happened that matters not mere statistics of who pinned whom.

They also had Santino be the last man eliminated from a 40-Man Royal Rumble a year ago. So, in two matches now, I know the winner before the end, because I know Santino will not win. These spots could be used for a credible threat to get over (such as Wade Barrett was), but no, it is wasted on some comedy jobber, just to appease some easily-amused fans.

Duh. Actually Alberto was declared the winner even before people knew Santino was still left. It was a pleasant surprise that caught everyone on the wrong foot and is one of last years' best moments.

As for putting Barrett over, if you don't think that feuding with Randy Orton, one of the most over performers in the company and totally dominating both the Elimination Chamber match did not get Barrett over, I do not know what to say. In fact, it looked that he was going to eliminate Bryan and go all the way but it was just some bad luck that got in the way in the form of Santino.

Also, like I said earlier, Santino was the only face in the match apart from Khali. Santino being in the final two with a heel made the crowd react better to Daniel's victory than having Wade would have in that spot. Making Santino tap out makes Bryan look more of a jerk than making Wade, who is another heel, tap would have.

I used to like Santino's shtick. When he mangled names and dressed as Santina, he was hilarious. But back, then, he was a heel, and got his arse handed to him over it. I thought that Santino and William Regal would make a good tag-team, and would have enjoyed their segments together.

Er...so dressing up as a girl and wasting time at WrestleMania 25 was more entertaining to you than what he does now? You do know that many more people were annoyed with that stupid Divas battle royale than Santino here or at the Royal Rumble. You don't have any sense of humor, do you?

Instead of Santino being a deluded, cowardly heel, he now plays to the crowd, and it is sickening. That stupid trumpet gesture, for example. But what I hate the most is the "cobra". He hits them in the head with his fingers, and the opponent goes down to it. How would that hurt. Even if the cobra was a poke to the eye, it would be better, but ramming your fingers into someone's forehead would sting, but not knock them off their feet. But because stupid nuff-nuffs think it is funny, he constantly does it.

So you find the cobra stupid and you would like to rant about the stupid stuff that happens in wrestling? Why don't you start with these two brothers with supernatural powers who can shoot lightning from the sky and yet they use all these powers only to win wrestling matches rather than do...you know...just about anything.

What I don't get is, people here bag Hornswoggle and other people who do backstage comedy, yet they applaud this clown. What am I missing?

Hornswoggle is not funny. That feud with Chavo was pointless and the matches had some of the worst stipulations ever seen and it did not look believable. Totally unlike whatever Santino does.

The only thing I can think is that it is this stupid underdog mentality moronic wrestling fans have. They get behind jokes like Santino and Zack Ryder (I would say Dolph Ziggler too, but he has some talent). They want to see them win the title and main-event Wrestlemania. Yet , if they did this, the same moronic fans would turn on them. Proof? C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan were much-loved by the IWC before they main-evented. You people complained that they should be pushed, week after week. Now, they are champions, and I start seeing some negative posts about them.

Uh..what is so wrong about liking underdogs? Rey Mysterio is an underdog, HBK was an underdog, Eddie Guerrero was an underdog and Punk is an underdog. That's a rather solid group of people don't you think? So, why is it moronic to like underdogs?

Also no one sane wants Santino to win the World Championship or Main event WrestleMania. They want him to be used in bits and spurts and entertain them.

And OMG NEGATIVE POSTZ ABOUT PUNKZ AND BRYANZ. They were there before they won the championships and they are there now as well. Sure they are more in number because "fuck the mainstream" has always been the home run swing of the morons in the IWC. Just like you are doing now with Santino.

Why would you want someone to succeed, and then, when they do, you turn on them? Are you really that stupid and fickle?

You cannot explain where the time that Santino "wasted" tonight would have been better utilized. You do not know anything about the word buried. You thought the Santina stuff was actually better than the stuff he does now. Are you that stupid and fickle?

IMO, Santino made the Elimination Chamber Match a joke, which buried Wade Barrett and made the match predictable, when it was only he and Bryan left. All just to appease some people who have a weird sense of humour.

Santino made the Chamber match entertaining and as the only babyface in the match following Khali's early elimination, did a perfect job of holding the crowd interest in the match. Barrett looked like gold in the match and was only eliminated by what can only be called a freak accident.

Also you actually liked the Santina stuff more than what he does now. And you are blaming us for the wierd sense of humor?

Not to suck up but santino is the fucking man!! Name someone else any other superstar last night that got the biggest pop!! Santino had he crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Santino can fucking wrestle its the truth. He defintely showed just a small glimpse of what he can do if the WWE ever decides to just santino wrestle. As far as why people love him hes funny hes real doesnt kiss ass and people love underdogs!! No way was barret and Rhodes buried one pinfall doesnt make u buried!! JoMO is an example of being buried! Mcintyre is fast approaching that status!

But back to santino really people didnt think that maybe just for a few seconds that santino wasnt going to upset bryan! I knew he wasnt going to win but for a few seconds i entertained the thought!

I think this can be easily solved by fans reactions. When you had Show & Barrett in there the chants of "BORING" were echoing. Those chants still continued until Santino made his entrance & the fans POPPED HUGE! In the end, that's what it's all about.... the fans

Now I realize that this isn't the first time WWE hinted at Santino becoming a bigger player, but with his performance at Elimination Chamber last night, could Santino be in line for a push? He was incredible in the Chamber match last night and I haven't heard a crowd get behind someone like that since CM Punk was in Chicago for MITB. If Santino had busted out of the LaBell Lock at the end of the match, the roof would've came off that stadium.

Personally, I feel Santino should get a push into at least the upper midcard scene. He's a former IC champion as it is, so him competing for that title wouldn't even be a stretch in my opinion. He proved that he's insanely over with the crowd, both kids and adults alike. I just don't think there's any harm in pushing him and seeing how far they can go with it. If they play off of him as the underdog all the time, I think it could make for a pretty good gimmick tweak that would help people take him seriously again. Especially once he started winning. Given the time in the ring, Santino is a fantastic worker and he really knows how to play to a crowd. Now I don't necessarily think Santino would make a good heavyweight champ at all at this point, not after being a comedy jobber for soooo long. But if they go through with a good push for him, who knows what will happen down the road.

I think that Santino has paid his dues and he took a pretty low end role in the company and really made it work. He got over as a comedy jobber, carried Koslov in the tag team division, and dressed like a girl for quite some time. He's earned a shot to make it big and I personally really think he can pull it off given the right direction. So what do you guys think?

*Should Santino get a push?
*Why or why not?
*What character tweaks would you make to give him the push?

At the end of the day I don't see how people can complain about Santino being in the match yet completely ignore the massive wasted spot that was the Great Khali. Santino brought a huge degree of human interest into the match, you heard it with the incredible crowd response particularly when it was just down to him and Bryan. In fact his part in the ending pretty much solely made the Smackdown EC in my opinion better than Raws which was something I never thought I'd be saying heading into the PPV.

I'l admit I started the match hoping he would get eliminated early so we could see Rhodes, Barrett and Bryan in the final three but I got swept up to the point that by the end I was legitimately rooting for Santino to win and even thought he might for a second. Santino deserved his spot in that match for his years of solid comedic work and quite frankly his involvement in the match was refreshing. People complain about WWE not being edgy or unpredictable but then when something unexpected does happen they just moan about it WWE can't win it seems.

Santino contributed far more to the match than Khali and Big Show (who was so painful to watch he had the crowd chanting 'boring') and in the light of Ortons injury was the best face option in a seriously depleted roster to be included in the match.

Can people stop being armchair bookers for just one second and freakin enjoy the match? I swaer, so many people complaining about "HE BURIED BARRET!!" and "SHOULDVE PUT CHRISTIAN IN!", just STFU, please.

Santino, the dude who's been a comedy jobber for how long, actually stole the show (even though, on a side note, I thought Big Show breaking into the pod was spot of the night for me, just sayin). He stole the show over some of your precious IWC darlings like Barret and Rhodes, no less. And lets not forget, this isn't just something totally impossible. Just because he is a comedian doesn't mean he automatically can't wrestle. If you look at his credentials, you'd be surprised to find out that if Santino had won (which I was kinda hoping he did), he would've been a triple crown champion. Let that sink in for you: SANTINO could have been a TRIPLE CROWN CHAMPION!!!
Dude can actually put on a good match.

Bottom Line, Santino made that chamber match, and I'll be dead honest, I'm already putting that match in my Fave 5 (don't sue me, Booker) of Chamber matches. I sincerely thought he was going to win and actually cheered him on that night. If you didn't, you're just a tightass who can't get over the Attitude Era.

Besides, it could have been much worse than Santino. It could have been Hornswoggle...

First off I want to say this. Until like last year I used to critic everything WWE did. I didn't really like some of the stuff that happened in WWE, but then I told my self, just be a fan and enjoy the show, so I did and you wanna know what happened? I started enjoying the product.! Last night was not the first but the second time I thought "wow he might actually do this" last night me I was marking the fuck out! My heart was beating and Santino just stole the show. He actually made me believe he could do it and when he hit the cobra, I thought he had it. That was definetly a really big moment for him and I don't see what is so bad about him being the final two. It's not like he actually won (which I would've been happy if he did because I never liked Bryan) so just chill. And the Barret getting pinned thing... come on man it's not like it was a one on one match he doesnt lose any momentum or anything.

You wanna know why Santino last night was one of the greatest moments in a long time, at least to me. I'm at my friends condo she needed help rearranging stuff. I told sure but I was gonna order the PPV because I wouldn't make it home in time. She doesn't watch wrestling so she didn't get anything going on. When it came time for SD EC match I had convinced myself it would suck due to Khali and Show being involved. I was wrong. It was entertaining. My friend who doesn't even watch the product mid-way completely jumped on the Santino bandwagon. Even though deep down we all knew Santino wasn't gonna win for at least a split second I had a flashback to when I was a little kid before the internet and completely erupted when Santino hit the Cobra. I'm a 28 years old guy yet for a minute Santino made me feel like I was 7 again and I loved it. The last 2 times I had that "little kid excitement" was at MiTB when Punk won and you guessed it Rumble 2011 when Santino again made me believe, even if it was only for a split second. For that reason I say Thank You to Santino!

I thought they played the Santino bit very well, I spent the entire time thinking their has to be a twist someone is going to come out and beat him down and somehow take his place, it got down to the last two and I thought oh ok Brayns won. Then he hit the cobra and got a very close count, then Brayn got him in the Labell lock but Santino didn't quit he forced his way out for a second. Only to tap, it was thrilling and it was fairly back and forth, he can put on a good match and is always willing to job I think he is just the kind of guy WWE needs.

Also the Cobra hits them in the throat not on the forehead, and if it worked for Umaga why not Santino. Besides how many times does he miss it? Or the oppo kick out? And if the audience cheer and love it when it does strike, and the viewers at home enjoy it. Surley that makes those who hate the odd ones? Instead of insulting people for not liking the same as you, why not just shrug it off and understand we all watch for different things.

Some want top draw wrestling others want entertainment, if you don't get what you want then watch it for the other aspect still don't like it then sorry it's the luck of the draw. How many movies do you go to and hate it? Or anything for that matter, not everyone can be pleased and just because you're not doesn't mean those that are, are morons. If you think it does it makes you the moron, complain if you wish but respect those that like what you're complainning about.

I think Santino has earned his spot, he's been loyal to the company for years. He meets all the qualifications for a serious push. Here's the short list of his accomplishments:

1. Entertaining - There's no doubt that Santino has entertained crowds for years now and has helped put over stars like Beth Phoenix, Vladimir Kozlov and others. His comedy is on point and he's often a bright spot of WWE programming. His online shows are always funny and popular.

2. Merchandise sales - I always see fans wearing Santino's shirts in the crowd. My girlfriend has more than one Santino shirt because he's her favorite. the Cobra sock will sell tons.

3. Paying his dues - He's "jobbed" for years, even worked as a Diva for a short time. Remember, you must pay your dues in WWE to get pushed. Santino's definitely been at the bottom of the roster, and continued to work hard. He seems to be comfortable in his role, and he deserves PPV paydays if the fans want to see him (and they do).

4. Crossover appeal - Santino will make new fans out of people with his charm, humor and charisma. The guy has star qualities. He can go on Conan OBrien and win over the crowd there, making some folks interested in watching him wrestle.

5. Wrestling skill - He's been doing this for YEARS now, and whether you want to admit it or not, he can go in the ring. I think keeping him an underdog is the way to go, because it retains his likability, but if they needed to pull the trigger on a babyface main eventer, Santino is ready to go.

I think Santino has a better chance than a lot of guys on the roster to win a big title. Drew McIntyre might fit the mold, but he won't make any new fans for WWE, probably will never sell a t-shirt. You can say the same about a lot of guys on the roster.

As I said in a short review of the EC ppv itself, this just comes across as someone looking to bitch about something whether it makes any sense or not.

Why the love for Santino? Well, I'm not a huge fan of the guy but I look at things from a realistic perspective rather than pipe dreams, fantasy booking and thinking that I automatically always know more about WWE and what's best for it than people who have been involved in it and wrestling in general since before I was born. The fact that a good portion of the IWC can't wrap their collective heads around is that, in many ways, they don't even come close to representing the majority of opinions held by WWE's audience. Fans cheer for Santino because they like the guy. Last night, he had the entire crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. They were going nuts for him, happy that he'd done as well as he had in the match. Internet fans tend to forget that underneath all the comedy stuff, Santino is actually pretty good inside the ring. On Twitter last night, Jim Ross wrote "Santino 2nite a great example of talent's maximizing their minutes on TV/PPV. Santino's gotten over w/ humor. Fans like him. Simple concept." That pretty much sums up the love for Santino. He's not everybody's cup of tea of course but, then again, name me one single wrestler who is.

As for Rhodes or Barrett looking bad, well Santino did sneak up from behind Cody and hit him with his finisher. Granted, it's a lame finisher and I agree that some legit argument could be made in Rhodes' case. As for Barrett, there's no case at all. Santino did get the pin but only after Daniel Bryan, literally, did all the work. Bryan is the one who ultimately took Barrett out, Santino just picked the scraps. Santino is an over and beloved babyface whether a lot of the IWC likes it or not, that means he's good for business. He showed a lot of heart and they did a great job of making it look as though he was going to pull off the upset of upsets last night. When Bryan forced this beloved babyface to tap out after he'd put forth so much effort and showed so much heart, that just put that much more heat on Daniel Bryan.

This sort of reminds me of the 2011 Royal Rumble. Net fans went apeshit because Santino was the next to the last guy remaining. The way they were complaining, you'd have thought that he won the Rumble. Same thing here. People are complaining as if Santino had actually won the WHC last night. If he had, then you'd have something legit to gripe about.

i find it funny how the iwc bitched about santino in the chamber but still tuned into the ppv knowing damn well santino was in the chamber iwc wants to see the same people usually orton fans or cena and are crying bc whaaa where orton waaaa cena not champ yo already know what the fuck going to happen so here is a fool profff way to avoid the problem DONT FUCKING WATCH

When fans started cheering this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGDpTT2PEAo

So only three cities are allowed to have opinions on the WWE product?!? Just because you don't like it, and a small minority of the audience doesn't like it, doesn't make it wrong.

How many times does it have to be said on here that the WWE is a BUSINESS. And a publicly traded business at that. They have a legal responsibility to their shareholders to make the most money possible. Santino, right now, sells the product and merchandise. They will use him to make the most money possible then move on, just as they do with everyone. Get over it.

amazing how iwc bitches about knowing what is going to happen but still tune in expecting something different not understanding the logic maybe if cena was in the chamber it would be ok because we all know cena is unbeatable and he is going to beat the rock and undertaker is going to win at mania and punk will retain but i bet every one of you will still watch mania and bitch about something. i was not a fan of santino in the chamber but i must say he did a great job and about half of the iwc thought santino was going to win which is why this thread is on five pages the level of stupidity is high to the person who started the post

They also had Santino be the last man eliminated from a 40-Man Royal Rumble a year ago. So, in two matches now, I know the winner before the end, because I know Santino will not win. These spots could be used for a credible threat to get over (such as Wade Barrett was), but no, it is wasted on some comedy jobber, just to appease some easily-amused fans.

Oh yeah? You knew the winner of the Royal Rumble when it was down to Santino and Del Rio, did you? How about the fact that YOU THOUGHT THE MATCH WAS OVER UNTIL SANTINO CAME BACK IN, YOU CLOWN. And that spot lasted about 8 seconds, to boot.

Translation: I'm a fucking crybaby who didn't get his way.

Best translation I've ever seen on the internet.

This has got to be one of the dumbest thread starting posts I've ever seen in my life, on a forum famous for its dumb threads. My favorite part was the idiotic comment that Wade Barrett will never be a main eventer now because he was pinned by Santino. The fool probably wasn't even alive when Triple H was pinned by The Brooklyn Brawler, I can only imagine what he would've thought of that.

Um, Santino has been a jobber because they wanted him to be a jobber.

You act as though he's not great at his profession because he's been a comedy act. He was hired for a reason and he proved why last night.

The fact that Santino and Khali were in the Chamber is the main reason I didn't watch. Unlike most fans If I don't like something I don't watch. I just hope now that we are on the road to Mania that RAW/Smackdown will get much better, but if it doesn't we always have Nattie farting! :banghead:

I think it's an attempt to appeal to the international markets. Santino is a huge comedy favorite in Europe, and in particular, Italy. WWE airs all over the world and those markets make up for millions. It's the same explanation for Khali and even part of the reason for Rey Mysterios' title run a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back