• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why the FUCK do people like Randy Orton?

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
I don't fucking get it some people on ehre practically suck the man's cock, I just don't get it, he's average at best in the ring, average on the mic, and overall just nowhere near the cream of the crop in either America or the world around. Fuck I'll show you half the NOAH roster who are better than Orton in every aspect of wrestling. Guy is fuckin' overrated huge on here apparently, people love him. I don't get it. He had some good matches about five years ago, but has since gone on to be mediocre in every aspect.

Seriously, why the FUCK do people obsess over this completely mediocre worker?

I agree with you X... He isn't that great, he's become lazy in just about every part of his work...

I mean, don't get me wrong, he's not a bad wrestler at all. But the way some people mark out about him you'd think he was the second coming of Bret Hart or something, the guy is mediocre in the ring in every aspect.

Well he has become stale as shit now. At the beginning of year he looked to be getting interesting with the ied gimmick, but they threw that out the window... Which was horrible, because it really worked for him I thought. Now he's just a normal heel.

As far as Orton's ring work goes, yeah, I don't know why some people go nuts over him in that area. He used to be very athletic, and move pretty quick, but now, he's going way over the top with this methodical shit. Back in January, I went to a Raw house show. The main event was between Orton and Cena for the WHC. The only things Orton did that wowed me were the DDT he does through the ropes, and the RKO.

At least Cena can talk better than Orton. But that's about it. I don't find Orton interesting in the slightest, though when he had his IED he was...

I just find both of their in-ring work to be usually painfully boring at best. Cena put on a decent match with Swagger on Raw this week, but it's been a long time since I've given a Cena or Orton match *** or above.

They got plenty of time to be better because I don't see them leaving any time soon.

Yeah the odds of that happening are slim to none. Cena has been working the same exact style and match for abuot five years now, and Orton seemingly stopped giving a fuck about his in-ring work somewhere around 2006-2007.

I just don't understand how so many people can love watching those two wrestle. I can usually find better wrestling at a local NECW show.

I find Cena to be fun to watch, though I wish his character were deeper, maybe even more like the rapper. I don't find him painfully boring, more like pleasant and nothing more. Nothing exciting (except sometimes, like his matches with Swagger and his first match with Punk), but nothing too offensive. Orton, however, bores me. His psychopatic character was interesting, but then they ruined it. Without his mental problems he's just a bland, monotone, heel.

I like watching Orton when he's NOT wrestling. The psycho Orton is fun to watch in promos or anything not involving the matches themselves.

However, wrestling wise, I tend to agree with you. I liked the Kofi feud because he was putting over Kofi as a talent NOT because of Orton himself.

Because people fall in love with psychotic gimmicks.

Randy Orton had the IED thing and his current mentality (slithering around/promo's)
Mickie James and her sexually-confused obsessive nature.
Kane's multiple personalities as a monster.

I agree with above comments. Randy is just a heel on RAW that they need right now and people love to hate him...It is just easier to hate hime more than anyone else on the RAW roster right now. And the reason his wrestling has gone down it the same reason any performer's goes down. He hit the main event and succeded so now he does his normal 5 or 6 moves and hes done. Look at any main eventer in the industry in the past 10 years or so. Most of their wrestling technique and moves are moved to just a few a match(Less chance of an injury if they do that). Me I just like Orton for personal reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back