• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Return of the Casual Wrestling Fan-- And Why They Can Fuck Right Off

It was great, sure. However, I don't have time for people that only jump back in while The Rock's cutting a promo and then start complaining about everything without the benefit of context.

Oh of course but those aren't fans, they're not fanatical like us loony bastards.

This is also the same argument I was going to make against Becca in that prion thread with Jenks about the Bret/Kobashi match, of course it doesn't make sense to you and you don't care about the story of the match if you just jump in blind, but just like your example with The Rock she's looking at it without the benefit of context as well.

Context is a bitch man.

There was nothing more exciting that the last 20 minutes of an Attitude Era RAW, you never knew what the fuck was going to happen during the overrun, and you where always left hanging on something that made you want to come back next week.

That's the main thing. For at least 6+ years now, the end of WWE shows are usually whether or not the heel or face comes out on the top at the end of the show. During the attitude era it would always be about questions that would force you to tune in for the next episode -- it was actually a storyline. RAW rarely even does that nowadays. Just look at last episode for instance, it ended with a lackluster main event. If they were smart they surely should have ended that show with Taker/HHH to make the fans ask themselves questions and tune in more for next week. Granted people would likely do the same thing whether that segment would air in the beginnig or middle of the show, but when you get an awesome match/segment to end RAW it truly makes you want to tune in for next week. Not a the typical tag matches that involves the babyface getting his assed whooped by a pair of heels or the bad guys getting their asses whopped and then predictably running away from the ring as RAW goes off the air in a typical staredown between the good/bad guy.

The attitude era beats this current era so bad. Not only in terms of leaving you wanting for more but talent level too. I do like however WWE has put more of a commitment to actual wrestling in recent years tho. I'd say that's where today has the advantage

Attitude Era mid-card feuds were sometimes a bit too much for me, too out of hand. Mae Young giving birth to a human hand, Golddust somehow becoming an ever bigger freak than he was before, anything related to Chyna, etc. However, the main event scene puts the current product to shame. Why? Much, much more entertaining.

Who is CM? Did he die? Why is everybody saying rest in peace?

Anyway, I agree. Cena did have a better rap than the Rock. I never understand fans that leave over one star. Although, i can see a wave of stars leaving causing fans to leave

As Cena said on Monday (paraphrased): Rock says he loves the fans but we haven't seen him in seven years. Cena is there every week to show his love of them.

True dat KB..Cena is there every week whether we want him to or not...lol, or almost every week...pending injury, movie shoot, etc,

Ah. Yes, see here's the thing.

What you mean to tell me is that they can fuck off... For not liking a product? Really, that's about it. Guys, give it up, this whole us VS. the world thing that's brewing here. So what if casual fans are coming back for The Rock? They have every right to, really. A fan is free to like and dislike a product as they so see fit.

So yeah, anyone telling the casual fan they can sod off can, well, sod off, really.

Ah. Yes, see here's the thing.

What you mean to tell me is that they can fuck off... For not liking a product? Really, that's about it. Guys, give it up, this whole us VS. the world thing that's brewing here. So what if casual fans are coming back for The Rock? They have every right to, really. A fan is free to like and dislike a product as they so see fit.

So yeah, anyone telling the casual fan they can sod off can, well, sod off, really.

They already stopped...seeing as you bumped a thread that's a week old.

They already stopped...seeing as you bumped a thread that's a week old.

Yeah, this hatred for The Rock, and the casual fan, is going to carry over for the next couple weeks anyway.

Also, in all fairness, Bob Sanders was cut last week... Would make your sig old news too, no?

No. Have you paid attention to his career? His injuries are constant, bra.

And you were suggesting to the creator and original participants in the thread to stop giving the casual fan a hard time. They have. If you want to bring the topic back up, then that's a different reason to bump a thread. You did the former.

No. Have you paid attention to his career? His injuries are constant, bra.

True. Very true.

And you were suggesting to the creator and original participants in the thread to stop giving the casual fan a hard time. They have. If you want to bring the topic back up, then that's a different reason to bump a thread. You did the former.

I suppose that's fair. Just love to give my two cents and shit. That, plus I see this hatred for The Rock, or at least his return, as some sort of manifestation of a distaste for the casual fan.

Meh, Freudian I know. But still.

I suppose that's fair. Just love to give my two cents and shit. That, plus I see this hatred for The Rock, or at least his return, as some sort of manifestation of a distaste for the casual fan.

I think it has as much to do with some wanting to believe Cena is every bit as good as The Rock. Worried he might look bad and what not. Not everyone, but definitely some.

ITT people don't realize that this feud is genius.

People legitimately don't know who to root for. It's not some artificial tweener injection, that Orton gets when he does heel things to other heels, but it's two mega-faces, in a legitimate feud, making legitimate points, and fans arguing over these points means success.

I think it's awesome that two completely different eras of fans have gotten behind these guys, and it's awesome that the fans are especially split down the middle.

The Rock is one of my, if not, my favorite wrestler/superstar/sports entertainer of all time.

But I'm behind Cena on this one. If you're telling me the Rock didn't have one single Monday scheduled off to appear in seven years because he was too busy, then you're full of crap.

Yet, these people will stop watching once the Rock leaves. Shameful for them to even say they were wrestling fans at one point.

Not this again.

Let people watch and keep your elitism to yourselves. Are you really THAT proud of the product that is WWE today?

Yet, these people will stop watching once the Rock leaves. Shameful for them to even say they were wrestling fans at one point.

So, you're saying these people should blindly follow something they do not want to watch? Some people are displeased with the current product, and as former fans, they have every right to be.

So casual fans have a right to pick and chose when they comeback, but fans that have followed the business don't have a right to be upset with said fans? The casual fan can do what they want, but I can do what I want as far as calling them on their bullshit. It's my right as a fan to be angry with other fans, plain and simple.

So casual fans have a right to pick and chose when they comeback, but fans that have followed the business don't have a right to be upset with said fans? The casual fan can do what they want, but I can do what I want as far as calling them on their bullshit. It's my right as a fan to be angry with other fans, plain and simple.

Never said it wasn't. Still comes off as rather childish, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back