• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why are people not getting the Network?

Also, I have a question. To those of you that don't have smart TVs. Do you guys really not have any current game consoles? Or...an HDMI cable? Not trying to be sarcastic, I just assumed that everyone had some sort of Xbox or Playstation.

I have an Alienware laptop i bought used last year and that's about it. Can I even run the Network on that in the UK? :shrug:

That's all fine, IF you aren't illegally streaming pay-per-views. But we both know most of these jackasses are.

"haven't been buying the PPV's previously"

I hadn't bought a WWE pay-per-view since 2007, outside of DVD purchases. I ordered the WWE Network because it made the pay-per-views affordable. And that's why people should buy it as long as they enjoy watching the pay-per-views, because it's now affordable to watch each one live. And if someone refuses to do that because of illegal streams or torrent sites are affordable, then they're a scumbag.
Great. Show me the line item on the corporate budget for "money reimbursed to WWE from scumbags and jackasses." The price of a CD used to be $19.99, now people view $9.99 as the maximum price point of an album. Thank the scumbags.

There is not one cent to be made in clenching your fist and damning the scumbags, unless you're a lawyer getting paid hourly. This is not a moral position, this is a dollar and cents one. What you have to do is provide a product or experience that is worth the price of purchase (to the individual customer, not you personally), which can't be easily duplicated at the press of a button. This is why Spotify is a thing these days, and record stores aren't- the moral position on piracy is not a financially viable one.

So, either the WWE comes up with new ways to attract people to the Network, they die slowly, or they complain about scumbaggery while dying slowly.

Great. Show me the line item on the corporate budget for "money reimbursed to WWE from scumbags and jackasses." The price of a CD used to be $19.99, now people view $9.99 as the maximum price point of an album. Thank the scumbags.

More like the internet.

There is not one cent to be made in clenching your fist and damning the scumbags, unless you're a lawyer getting paid hourly. This is not a moral position, this is a dollar and cents one. What you have to do is provide a product or experience that is worth the price of purchase (to the individual customer, not you personally), which can't be easily duplicated at the press of a button. This is why Spotify is a thing these days, and record stores aren't- the moral position on piracy is not a financially viable one.

So, either the WWE comes up with new ways to attract people to the Network, they die slowly, or they complain about scumbaggery while dying slowly.

LOL why are you talking to me as if I'm the WWE? It's only my opinion. And I suggested a way that I thought subscriptions would increase, but WWE is never going to read this thread or give a damn what I have to say how they run their business. I'm just speaking as a fan to other fans, that if you enjoy the WWE product and still stream WWE pay-per-views, it makes absolutely no sense for you not to subscribe and help the business thrive, rather than see it continue to devalue.

Maybe the idea of "saving the business" isn't worth $9.99 to people, and they're more interested in what they get for the purchase price. When they see what their $9.99 buys, they still aren't interested.

You're taking a group of people who have received, whether they stream or not, all the WWE content that they had wanted to consume for the price of "free". You are now telling these people that they should pay $9.99/month for the upsell on the product that they weren't purchasing previously. If you look at the WWE as a product created for consumers to purchase, instead of as a charitable cause through which you can feed a wrestler for just 25 cents a day, it makes perfect sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back