WWE Network - They could have made so much more money....

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=4485837

I actually predicted this scenario back in June and while I got some of the pricing out of line, what we're being offered is very similar to what I had envisioned.

I don't think they've left much on the table, especially since they don't have to share revenue with providers on ppv. If they even get 1 million subscribers it's already more profitable than their current ppv model.

The problem with your theory is all you can see are dollar signs. Think quantity, not dollars. They will have more people watching the PPV's at that price and make more money than they ever did. That will make more interest in the product and that will trickle down in other aspects. Merchandise, ticket sales, etc... They have truly given back to their fans this way too. I'm already getting tired of the negativity towards the network, although minimal. Keep looking for a downside. There isn't one.

Not to mention they are hosting the service themselves so they arent having to worry about costs of serving the content on someone elses service. otherwise it's obvious, PPV buyrates in general although not in dead territory are way down on average from past glory and more and more people are on the internet or on devices all the time. SO either they increase the PPV costs for normal cable and even fewer people pay or they dramatically drop the price and a shit load more people that never would've ordered will come aboard for the PPV's and all the extra content from the "good old days" I call it being really smart, wouldn't be suprised to if Shane McMahon isn't a leading charge in the logistics of the stream service behind the scenes since that was a job he was doing when he left WWE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back