Why isn't Batista hated like Cena?

• Thread starter Koko B Ware's Parrot-Kes!
  • Start date
I've come to realize that most of this board hates both Cena and Batista.

The reason?

Because they're popular.

So many on this board enjoy craptastic wrestlers like Punk and Kennedy because they have these strong indy roots, and were (supposedly) these strong indy icons. I highly doubt most of the anti-everything posters have even ever seen any of the indy matches and feuds they often refer to.

The reason?

Because they think they're "better" wrestling fans than the masses.

It must really suck to be a wrestling fan that hates wrestling.
You're half right and half wrong. When people are extremely popular the internet seems to hate them for some reason. It happened to Cena, it happened to Batista it is happening to Lil Wayne and a fuckload of other people, while they praise the underdog. Punk bores the shit out of me though, I don't give a damn if he was an indy legend, he sure hasn't shown me jack shit. Kennedy on the other hand is the motherfucking truth, he should have stayed on Raw and finally turn into the ultimate badass stone cold type character he was destined to be.

I can't Hate batista for one reason and one reason only, Its something I'd like to call the Steiner Effect, Batista is sooo hilariously bad, that he is amazing in the same way steiner is, He is sooo bad on the mic that everything he says is hilarious, Every single movement he makes is laughable, He botchs so many moves that Im disapointed when he doesn't. Batista is the next Scott Steiner a old insane jacked loser, who cuts the most horrible hilarious promos and says some of the most quotable nonsense in the history of the buisiness

to me its the difference of character. they are both average wrestlers at best(cena is better but has to do the same moves over and over) and about the same on the mic(cena might have an edge) but what pisses me off about cena is when he says stuff like he has been a soldier in the war, hes so far from it its rediculous. in my opinion its disrepectful towards guys who actually risk their lives for us, and its insulting for someone to say there doing almost the same in a wwe ring. also the impact of cena holding the title for so long before and also the predictability of his matches and storylines piss people off as well

Cena matches have become relatively redundant to me for the most part. In no way shape or form do i try to pick on the popular guys, but they might as well be the poster children for "If it works, keep doing it." Guys like Cena are milking their own nipples and its only a matter of time before they run dry.

Cena is talented, his promo on monday was 10/10. Batista's promos are horrible? OMFG r u serius! Batista's promos are crazy and he has the crowd in the palm of his hands throughout. Cena is great in the ring and I have yet to see Batista botch.

People that say you hate Batista/Cena or like them because your either a smark or a mark are generalizing too much. I consider myself a smarter wrestling fan and I actually liked Batista/Cena at points in their career but don't like them or as much now. It's because their either stale, or not playing the right character or put in the best light. I still respect what they have done but they aren't no Rock or Austin yet, even a Foley who simply can't be boring or do wrong anymore. The fact that guys like Rock/Austin became huge in an era when wrestling was hugely popular and appealing might have a lot to do with it. That rub has cemented their appeal and legacy. We also find our selves in a time where we seem to compare things to the old and find things a lot better. I seem to be guilty of that a lot myself even if I don't try. Like we think certain music, movies etc of yesteryears are better and will never be matched...

I like both them personally; my main problem is how they been pushed this or lack there of; for Cena they had him win the Rumble after coming back for what was supposed to be a year long injury to have do basically nothing and have lose to Orton from basically a kick in the head when months before Orton couldn't beat him to save his life now he's in the past in a lame feud with JBL. Batista for some reason can't beat Edge if the freeworld depended on it; I like the feud with HBK but it went off and on and became stale; and personally if he beats Punk for belt at GAB it would be pointless cause if they wanted him to be WHC he should be beat EDge at NOC in my humble opionion.

The only reason batista isnt hated like Cena is becouse of cenas title reign. he had that belt for way to long. Now i know that batista was in the mainevent of most pay per views while cena was champ, but Batista lost, when batista defended his title there was always that chance he was going to lose unlike cena where month in month out he overcome the odds.

Batista also doesnt cut as much promos as cena any chance to get cena to talk and they are doing it ost of the time batista will come out wrestle cut a small promo and that is it but Cena will come out cur a small promo wrestle then cut yet another Promo on how he won, or lost. out of a two hour raw most weeks cena is on it for atleast half an hour even if he isnt wrestling.

I dislike Batista way more than Cena, but only because he's an ass IRL.

I don't hate either of them. But, their matches tend to repeat themselves, and I can only take it for so long. I think we've had to deal with their boring ass matches for long enough, and WWE obviously isn't changing anything, so our anger is becoming more abundant now.

I really don't dislike either Batista or Cena. I would pick a Batista match over a Cena match any day though. For the same reason others have said above. Cena has just become way to predictable. I really don't like watching Cena's matches anymore. Because I know 99% of the time he is gonna win. His matches have just got really boring.

I think Batista is pretty much hated just about as much as Cena. The real question is why are they hated and not people like Edge and Orton who are also always in the mainevent, have a title, or headline ppv's. The IWC seem to just love the heels and hate faces. I think the reasons why these guys(Batista/Cena) are hated(only from the IWC, since "Regular" fans seem to love both)is because they find the "goody goody" act tiresome. The heels are the one cheating and such which is reedeemed cool so the IWC love them. Yet the wrestlers who are face and follow the rules are "uncool". I also think its easy for fans to see heels keep winning and holding belts since they can cheat and make them not seem unstopable just smart, while guys like Cena dont cheat and seem like superman for always winning. One reason why the IWC may like Batista more is because Cena's gimmick is the "marine good guy" which is easily more hated.

Batista isn't a full-on good guy anywhere. The reason why I do not like Batista as much as the "regular" fans is because he's constantly in the main event, and he's not really that good a wrestler. He can work a good match with the right opponents, and against most main event talent, he can work a pretty great match.

The same thing applies to Cena, but there's other factors in there that I don't wanna go into right now. Basically, I hate seeing the same guys in the main event ALL THE TIME. Sure, it may be bad business to move them lower on the card, but it sure as hell would be more exciting for me as a fan. Oh yeah, that and I read his book - that was disturbing, man. If those are his real life views of the world, he's a more degenerate person than me! Some disgusting stuff in that book.

As an in-ring performer, Batista is far from WWE's best, yet he always seems to get the main event matches and championships. Vince and his big guy fetish...sigh. But no point in complaining, he's miles better than Cena.

I don't hate Batista...I am just bored with him. It's the same tiresome big guy gimmick that we've seen before from others...his gimmick just has no personality whatsoever. What makes him different from other big guys in recent memory such as Lesnar? What sets him apart from Big Show? It's the gimmick of "I'm big, your small, I demolish, roar!" At least they're moving Kane away from this gimmick and giving him back his insane serial killer type...even if they ruin angles...

People don't like Cena because basically like him or not once he attained Main event status he has been able to keep people interested in his matches. For a long time I could not stand Cena and he still isn't my favorite guy but you know what he is entertaining to watch. Lets face it the guy is a beast no doubt. Batista now I used to really like him and to me he has gotten very stale. I don't see anything special about Batista at all. I hope cena beats him at SummerSlam. Batista is like by those who like him because of his build plain and simple the guy is huge and shredded but he is horrible in the ring.

Fans just dislike Cena because he's trying too hard to get us to cheer him. Plus he comes across as fake i mean is he a rapper or a marine? Personally i don't hate Cena but rather dislike the character being portrayed as this indestructible force that will win all the time. Batista isn't portrayed as such and is made to seem more vunerable to fans. Plus Batista has a more bad ass entrance than Cena.:icon_smile:

IMO Cena really isn't hated as much as he was before when he was winning every match he was in. It was good for him to lose at Wrestlemania and then to Triple H. Batista was never really forced down people's throats and the winning the title from Triple H put him over alot. I think that's why Batista was never hated like Cena was.

Im not the biggest fan of either wrestler, i hate batista more for many reasons but i hate batista alot more.

I find his matches really repeditive and boring. His character is bland.. I'm not a fan of the Hugely Muscular guys and.. like i said he bores the shit outta me.. In 2007 i was fucking sick of him being in the WHC title picture PPV after PPV. He was in Every World Title PPV match from Survivor Series 06 until Armaggeddon 2008.. Thats almost 2 fucking years??!!!

I Hate Batista, Not Cena.

All You Cena Bashers need to take a good look at Batista because he is worse..

The moment John Cena pinned Carlito in the elimination chamber to win... i hated him. I was so sick of his gimmick and his long ass title reign. I was bored of his wrestling style and just all around sick of him... not that i was ever a huge Cena fan.. but he had a few good matches in his first reign agains JBL, and Jericho & Christian & Angle... His WM21 was as shit.....
His mainevent win over HHH bored me... I hated him...

But when John Cena lost to RVD.. That was a fucking insanely good match. One of the best i've ever seen. Then Cena went on a rampage against the ECW, beating everyone on there roster no sweat which made me hate him more.... I was happy when he lost to edge... And angry when he beat him in TLC "Against all odds".. That just made him seem invincible and i hated him.. but at least it was a good match!.

He was the 1st man to beat Umaga.. Adding more hate.. (but at least they did it in a way which made Umaga seem Credible)
He def. Umaga in a great match @ Royal Rumble
He & HBK won tag titles and beat taker/batista.
He & HBK had the best WM mainevent i think i've ever seen...
He won an awesome fatal 4 way by fluke...
-Crap Khali Fued-
He def. Orton @ Summerslam in a fucking awesome match!!!... By the time i saw this match i no longer hated John Cena.... At least he can deliever...

He may look like superman sumtimes, but when he wants to he can truly delieve a great match win lose or draw...

Batista = Bad
John Cena = Good

:flair:Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

I honestly don't see how Batista can even be on RAW. He has botched just about every promo he has given since being drafted. He just about always starts smiling or smiking when he is supposed to be giving a serious promo. In comparison, I would rank Cena second to Jericho in giving promos.

Also, I hate the "superman" excuse because just about every match has a point where someone is getting beaten senseless then miraculously comes back. The fact that people call John Cena superman just means that he pulls it off better than anyone else.

Another thing wrong with Batista is that he can't sell; whereas, John Cena can. Batista tried to sell a leg injury on RAW monday, but he just wound up falling on his ass while trying to enter the ring. It looked pathetic.

I don't hate John Cena but i am not a fan I respect him for the work he puts in but I HATE his gimmick an 80's rapper?! what is that all about
but wwe seem to be down playing his gimmick and are allowing him to be just cena so hopefully with time he will grow up

I think that wwe where to desperate to make Cena become the rocks replacement and thats why alot of people over 15 don't like him.

'oh and to all the cena lovers who are going to reply to tell me why im wrong.. yes I like HHH'

I hate Batista. I would rather have One John Cena than Five Batistas. John Cena and Batista both help the WWE bring in the younger crowd. The only difference is, as a parent (To my young hamster) I don't like her watching Batista. He is an ass. John Cena has good moral fibre. The reason why Batista seems to be cheered more is he is a bit more exciting. He doesn't have the quality of matches that Cena has, but with blasts of pyro, a fast song, and a ripped tanned body, he looks like he can kick some ass. John Cena is a gangsta/marine character. Thats not exciting.

I have never been a fan of Batista. I've always seen him as just a big ball of energy that moves, and while that's good to have in all I don't think big guy stamina is good enough, especially in this day and age. There was somebody else who was a lot like 'Tista and he changed his real name to Warrior, and there's lots of people that hate him. I see something similar in Batista's future if not worse, I mean, at least the Warrior was original with the rope shaking thing but Batista he's got nothing in my opinion. No, not even the thumbs down that originated from Before Christ. If anything I think he should be hated even more then Cena because he even has less moves then Cena does (Cena - 14, Batista - 12) and it seems like that is the biggest gripe with fans today.

I'd like to say something real quick about there feud that I will cover further when I start writing columns. I don't understand it, every time I see there feud I'm scratching my head and looking on like an albino monkey. I find that they just put them in the ring because they could, and the money helps too. What I find really confusing though is why is neither of these guy's been put in there own alignment, both Cena and Batista are in neutral spots because whenever there is someone who loves Cena, there is somebody that hates Batista. Seriously, these guy's need to choose an alignment and it can't be the same or no one is going to be interested in it any time soon. I actually hated the Ultimate Warrior, Hogan match for this reason alone.

It's the gimmicks and character. There's nothing to hate much about Batista's character (there ain't muchto like either). He's just that ultimate cool guy who occasionally snaps and beats the shit out of people, and what average wrestling fan doesn't want to see their favourite musclely bound wrestlers kick the shit out of someone. With Cena, alot of ppl hated his gimmick as a rapper and contnued to hate him as he progressed. A lot of ppl are also upset with him changing the belt, and how for the longest time he'd never lose. We win everything unless someone interfered. What i hated the most is how he made everyone tap. Man never used a submission move before then all of a sudden he's in a submission match, pulls out the STF (U notice alot of his moves names are copy's or slight changes, F-5 FU, stf stfu) and now everybody has to start submitting to it and looking weak. So I guess the reason is the fans want to hate Cena and that's why he's hated and the fans really don't care for Batista because he's nothing more than cheap enjoyment when he beats the crap out of someone (I'm gonna go watch him kick Edges ass before he lost the title, it was an awesome beatdown). Cena should be happy the fans want to hate him, they care enough to actually want to hate him.

I hate Batista more than anyone on the roster, I don't understand why he is so popular (I guess the physique is all there is to it!) I'm not exactly a huge Cena fan either, but at least Cena has a bit of Charisma about him..which isn't something Batista has! I would actually prefer listening to the Great Khali on the mic sounding like a drunken ogre than hear batista, at least I can get a good laugh out of it!

lol at bladews about khali but i like batista since theres not that many big people like him today,that can have the type of agility he does(i know goldberg is one but today not a few years ago).but the reason i don't like cena is because he keeps the title for to long and its tiring and annoying having to hear"CENA WINS CENA WINS"or"CENA RETAINED THE TITLE!!"over and over for months.now batista,he will lose a match.cena wont.batista can put on a great match with wrestlers(e.g. undertaker)anytime where it be raw,smackdown,or any ppv.cena on the other hand will be in the match beating his opponent then the opponent comes back,beats him up for almost the remainder of the match,then cena with this incredible come back will beat him up,do the 5 knuckle shuffle which he cant even execute since he misses a few # of times,then gets him in the fu and win.batista will give u a great match with back and forth action.remember undertaker vs. batista?ill admit there were points when im like"its over for taker"he kicks out.undertaker on offense and he'll do something and i'm like"ITS OVER FOR BATISTA HERE WE GO 1...2...THRE-NO KICK OUT FUCK!!!".remember hell in a cell vs HHH?great match up.alot of back and forth action.and the only way cena can lose a match is if its a tag team match and his team loses(or he might even win it himself cus of the hot tag and we all know the rest)or if his opponent cheats,interference,or dq.batista will win a few matches,then lose one fair and square.

It's very easy, He never Beat Edge in a ladder match in Edge's hometown... He never made HBK Tapout at Mania ... He doesnt star in movies and doesnt get distracted with hollywood ... He doesnt kiss up to kids which if you do there will be a backlash against you ... He isnt someone who has superstrength but then decides to make you tapout ... He knows more moves than Cena which isnt hard, 5 is an easy number to beat ... and He doesnt win all of these main events that he is in, in fact he wins probably half of them as opposed to Cena's 999% win percentage in main events. Not to mention the little things such as Tatoos, entrance music, does not appear to be a white rapper, does not rap his own intro music, does not give a military salute while having no military backround except for playing one on a movie screen, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back