Why is Kurt Angle so unpopular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Ever since Kurt Angle has become heavyweight champion he's got a bad reputation with the IWC. I really want to know why.

Kurt Angle is pretty much TNA's only headliner right now. OK, there's Christian Cage, maybe, and perhaps Sting. Who else is there? Samoa Joe has been pushed so inconsistently he's lost nearly all credibility, and they've downgraded Booker T to a mid carder for a reason I can't fathom. Also, Jarrett is absent. You may complain about how bad TNA is now, but imagine the state it'd be in without Angle at the top. He's the best possible world champion TNA could have at the moment, quite possibly the best TNA world champion ever. He's also pretty much the wrestler of the decade, winning a world title every year since his rookie year if I'm not mistaken.

So why all the hate?

Angle dominates the show to much, that's the problem with him, he gets way to much camera time, I realize he's the champ and the show should be built around him but right now it seems that his storylines are really the only ones that get TV time, every other fued/storyline doesn't enough time or is given enough attention to work, when you are given to hours a week to build up storylines, and you give Angle about half that time, you can't really produce that great of a show, and TNA has plenty of guys that are main event material, other than Angle you got Joe, Christian, Abyss, Sting, AJ, and Booker (though I feel he's a bit overrated and should be spending his time in the mid-card), and if they wer smart they would build up more of their mid-carders into ME material, Daniels, Shelley, Kaz, Chris Harris, and James Storm and others would work well with the ME spotlight shining on them

The IWC chooses people and just hates on them.

See: Triple H, Vince McMahon, Kurt Angle, etc.

Sometimes it makes sense, but usually its just ridiculous. There was a rumor recently that Triple H put Jeff Hardy over to stick it to Y2J...That is the stupdiest damn thing I have ever heard, and its just an excuse people made so they can try and hate Triple H.

But on topic...

I love Kurt Angle, and think he is one of the greatest ever. He deserves his spot in TNA, and I have always and will always be a fan of Kurt Angle.

But the IWC is never happy anyway. NEVER.

I think hate is a strong word, i dont like angel due to the fact that he left the wwe on bad terms, ,obviously needs help in regards to his problem with drugs but instead of admitting that he has a problem he has been promoted to top contender and world title holder in tna, hes single handedly making the show about angle, its stupid and i just think tna has guys who they have already established work the main event not angle simple as

I've never liked Kurt Angle, even before he went to TNA.

He just never appealed to me. Granted, I'd watch him over Rey Mysterio, but there was something about him that just irked me. Everything about him exudes the flavor of asshole. And he exudes it so much, I can't just hate him in strictly a heel way, like Roddy Piper, Deadman Inc, or the Million Dollar Man. He's just so damned unlikeable on every level.

Worse, his ego is insane. I heard he once complained that WWE "never let him run with the ball, and never gave him his shot". Excuse me? He held the title plenty of times, got clean wins over unstoppable guys like Brock Lesnar, made the Undertaker tap out, and beat Shawn Michaels in a straight out submission victory at Wrestlemania. And yet he complains.

It has nothing to do with skill or wrestling ability. Some of the most over people had no talent in certain areas. Hogan wasn't known for a huge moveset, Austin's biggest high risk was his falling elbow drop and John Cena turns a submission finisher with no technical ability in his performance. It has nothing to do with Kurt's ability.

They he goes to TNA, they shove every title, and people still dislike him.

It just goes to show that you can sugarcoast a pile of dung, but it still reeks bad enough to stay away from it.

The IWC chooses people and just hates on them.

See: Triple H, Vince McMahon, Kurt Angle, etc.

Sometimes it makes sense, but usually its just ridiculous. There was a rumor recently that Triple H put Jeff Hardy over to stick it to Y2J...That is the stupdiest damn thing I have ever heard, and its just an excuse people made so they can try and hate Triple H.

But on topic...

I love Kurt Angle, and think he is one of the greatest ever. He deserves his spot in TNA, and I have always and will always be a fan of Kurt Angle.

But the IWC is never happy anyway. NEVER.

I think the main point with these people is they all seem to be on tv way too much. Angle had every belt and was therefore always on tv, same with HHH and Vince. The IWC, at least in my opinion, gets upset when one person is taking up all the tv time and not letting the other wrestlers with talent have their spot.

I think the reason alot of people hate Angle is to do with the very loyal TNA fan base. For me i understand Angles great wrestling abilitys and status. But i think everyone expected more when Angle showed up. TNA had a direction they were the alternative and looking good at it, then Angle shows up and i think many people dislike him because the company has declined from what it used to be before he was there or at least the company has taken a different direction and become more like the WWE. and i think that has alot to do with it. People thought TNA would be just as a good alternative to WWE and then with Angle make it really good but all thats happend is they have WWE-ised.

When Angle is 'on', He is fucking ON. Seriously, watch his big matches

Watch : Wrestlemainia v/s HBK.
Watch: Summerslam v/s Austin
Watch: Smackdown Iron Man Match v/s Brock Lesner.
Watch: No Way Out v/s Undertaker
Watch: Summerslam v/s Rey Mysterio
Watch: King Of The Ring v/s Undertaker / The Rock
Watch: Wrestlemainia v/s Orton/Rey Mysterio
Watch: 3rd Samoa Joe Iron Man Match
Watch: Unforgiven v/s Triple H
Watch: Royal Rumble v/s Chris Benoit
Watch: Wrestlemainia v/s Benoit/Jericho

----

Quite frankly in terms of Wrestling the man has been one of the Top 5 wrestlers of this decade.

In terms of personal life/ ego he doesn't look like the sort of Guy i'd want to hang out with.

And when you look at his last WWE run and his feud with John Cena he was damn scary to watch. He had vains flared up on his red face and his neck. He looked like a health risk.

But in TNA He looks sort of better. But i don't watch him much in TNA.

But just saying in WWF/WWE He was one of the top guys. Always deliveried at PPV / Big match settings.

I've never liked Kurt Angle, even before he went to TNA.

He just never appealed to me. Granted, I'd watch him over Rey Mysterio, but there was something about him that just irked me. Everything about him exudes the flavor of asshole. And he exudes it so much, I can't just hate him in strictly a heel way, like Roddy Piper, Deadman Inc, or the Million Dollar Man. He's just so damned unlikeable on every level.

Well, he's a good heel. Nobody's disputed that that I've seen. I know you said that there's just something unlikeable about him, but that seems like a personal thing to me. For me, there's something unlikeable about Triple H.

It has nothing to do with skill or wrestling ability. Some of the most over people had no talent in certain areas. Hogan wasn't known for a huge moveset, Austin's biggest high risk was his falling elbow drop and John Cena turns a submission finisher with no technical ability in his performance. It has nothing to do with Kurt's ability.

A main eventer (a major main eventer, at that) with technical ability on the level of Angle's is rare. I think that's part of the reason he was popular in the first place. I'm not saying that great technical ability and a large moveset makes a great main eventer, but it's a bonus isn't it?

They he goes to TNA, they shove every title, and people still dislike him.

It just goes to show that you can sugarcoast a pile of dung, but it still reeks bad enough to stay away from it.

I think him having every title, and being a heel, is more reason for people to hate them than to like him. Especially when he's opposing super special smark favourite Samoa Joe. Thing was, Angle tried to play the face/tweener, and it just came out as unsure and didn't really work despite how popular he was in the beginning. So he now plays what he's best at, the dominant heel.

The most feasible reason I can think of is how dominant he is, and how the IWC has a hatred for dominant champion.

I think him having every title, and being a heel, is more reason for people to hate them than to like him. Especially when he's opposing super special smark favourite Samoa Joe. Thing was, Angle tried to play the face/tweener, and it just came out as unsure and didn't really work despite how popular he was in the beginning. So he now plays what he's best at, the dominant heel.

I AGREE!! The fact they shoved every title on him and pushed him on us sooooo much, people started losing interest! You want Angle over put him where he was in WWE with the Smackdown six feuds or the feud with Booker T. He wasn't the main event but hugely over.

Simple...he thinks hes god's gift to wrestling. Granted he is extremely good now and was great in the WWE/F. But he thinks no matter who it is that he is better than him. Ever hear his one comment on the UFC and fighting Chuck Liddell, Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture. Said he could beat Liddell and Ortiz wiith ease by submission and he would also beat Couture convincingly. Strong words from a man who has never competed in MMA or ever been hit for real in the face.

One of the main reasons why I am not too fond of Kurt Angle is that he gives me a vibe of not caring for TNA or the wrestling business in general, he is only in it for himself IMO. He is extremely cocky and half of that is the WWE's fault because they gave him one of the greatest rookie years in the history of wrestling and the other half is TNA's fault for giving him an excellent first year in their business as well. As soon as the WWE took him out of the title picture and placed him in ECW, he realized that his body was broken down and feared that his glory days were over in the WWE as a result of that. Would Kurt Angle accept the fact that he needed to take time away from the spotlight? No, he wanted Vince to give him more, but Vince fired him for his own good to recover from his injuries and come back whenever he was ready. This did not work, Angle craves the spotlight mainly because he always was a major player in the WWE, so he jumped ship to TNA soon after he was fired to stay in the spotlight. WWE and TNA only made matters worse for Angle, they fed his ego to the point where Kurt Angle has become an even bigger egotist than Hulk Hogan.

I think his run in TNA will not last much longer, whenever they decide to pull the plug on TNA: Angle. I can see it now, TNA will say to Kurt "Ok, we gave you everything in TNA Kurt, now it is time for you to help build the younger stars and lose some matches", Kurt will then say "See ya later guys, I am going to MMA". I truly believe something along those lines will happen and Kurt will once again jump ship to feed his ego. It may sound like I hate Angle, but I don't, I respect his in-ring work and he is one of the hardest workers in TNA today, but Kurt Angle is overrating himself and that is saying something.

Those are my reasons why I dislike Kurt Angle.

Strong words from a man who has never competed in MMA or ever been hit for real in the face.
Uh...he was in the Olympics. And broke his neck, several times. So....yeah, I think he's a pretty tough son of a bitch.

I dig Kurt Angle. He is one of the best ever, and he knows it. So what's wrong with that?

He's earned everything he's ever gotten. He worked his ass off for his entire life.

And as he says, he "won the olympic gold medals with a broken freakin' neck!"

What people may not realize about Kurt Angle is making the TNA Heavyweight Title something to behold. The way that I look at the situation is that when the NWA broke away from TNA, taking its rights from the championships, etc. it took the credibility of the titles with it. Sure, we all love TNA as an alternative. Without the NWA backing up the credibility of the World Title, though, all you've got is some replica you could buy on eBay....unless you put the title on someone like Kurt Angle. Sure, he's got his demons. We don't watch wrestling and choose who we love or hate because of their personal life. If we knew every celebrity's personal life, would it taint the character they play?

I can agree that there is a bit too much oversaturation when it comes to Kurt Angle, but I can respect what he's done in this business. Kurt Angle is the perfect choice for TNA champion. The answer to that question is that the IWC takes the most mundane detail and turns it into a bitching session. Just let these guys entertain us and let their personal lives be exactly that, personal.

I agree with ol boy up top who said "he's worked his ass off" Dude is simply phenomenal and one of the best,if not THE BEST All Around! (meaning:skills,mic work,charisma,etc,etc.)

Kurt Angle is quite simply the greatest Wrestler ever in my opinion. The man has had a huge amount of classic matches against HBK, Benoit, Taker, Shane, Samoa Joe,Guerrero and these are only my personal favourites he has had many more than this. but in TNA He's in constant pain so he mainly wrestles tag matches (though his singles matches have been good in TNA), he won Every title in TNA within a year which is pretty over the top and he brought in Karren Angle. dont get me wrong she's very hot but i feel that she has dragged kurt down.

People, especially TNA fans, don't like Angle because no one in TNA's locker room can begin to lick Dog shit off the bottom of Kurt Angles boots. Kurt Angle is a wrestling god, plain and simple. There is no one amongst the WCW Power Plant rejects that belong in the same ring with Kurt Angle.

Seriously, Kurt Angle would destroy people. He is an Olympic Gold Medalist. Let that sink in for a moment, a real life, legit wrestling bad ass that was the best in the world in free style wrestling. The world, not the WWF, not TNA, not WCW, a legit version of the sport and he was the best at it, not to mention all of the NCAA titles he won as well. Kurt Angle is a legit bad ass, period.

And we can go back and forth about Kurt's personal choices, the fact is, he went to Vince, much like Booker T, wanted a lighter schedule like Michaels and Flair, and was denied. Angle realized he had a problem and tried to change it, it was McMahon that denied him that right, so he left the company. He didn't flunk out, he didn't dope out, he left the company so he wouldn't be hooked to the pain killers of working an unforgiving 300+ day schedule.

People hate on Angle for simple reasons, they are jealous of Kurt Angle. Triple H said Angle couldn't work heel properly, but Triple H can make wonderful little smart ass "smark" comments to keep himself over. Kurt Angle is the best in the business, best of this decade, and damn well maybe the best wrestler to ever step in the squared circle.

And we can go back and forth about Kurt's personal choices, the fact is, he went to Vince, much like Booker T, wanted a lighter schedule like Michaels and Flair, and was denied. Angle realized he had a problem and tried to change it, it was McMahon that denied him that right, so he left the company.

That is what we have been told by Kurt Angle. It may or may not have happened that way.

But I agree with everything else you said. Kurt Angle can outwrestle ANYBODY. Legit wrestling, or "fake." Angle is the best, period. And if he's got an ego about it, then so what? He deserves a fucking ego.

I don't get it. He is not the one booking the show. From what I hear, he is a great guy backstage and has no problem jobbing when asked. I mean, If Jarrett wants to give angle all the TV time, what is angle suppose to do? say no? Angle is a great wrestler, plays a great heel, and seems like a good guy. He cleanly put over Lethal, and the thing is, it was ANGLES idea. If you want to hate of someone, hate of Jeff Jarrett for wanting TNA to be a poormans WWE.

Angle can be legitimately in a discussion as best wrestler ever. He is easily the best now. People who have a problem with Angle have a problem with his attitude and things he says.
Say what you want but as a wrestler he is the best right now and maybe the best ever.

this guy gets everything fed to him. he is a great wrestlerr, probably the best everr, but every one kisses his ass. he gets every type of victory in every type of match in the wwe. and then he goes to tna and takes a hell of alot of glory away from aj styles. for about 3 to 4 yearss, he was the only triple crown winner, and kurt angle does it IN ONE FUCKING MATCH! total bullshitt.... and hes on every 5 minutes on impact and wins every match. its gunna be the tna verrsion of john cena but with more talent

I don't know why this thread had been stickied. It's not like Cena where you can debate how good he is at wrestling. Or like Triple H holding down talent. Also having everything Kurt Angle in one thread is stupid. The promotion is called Total Non-Stop Angle after all. He's the only positive in a promotion full of poor booking, poor pushes, underutalized talent etc.

i dont think hes unpopular its just his promos with his wife are stupid. his wife looks like a hardcore milf, havent they got a daughter. shes abusing her powers to much. shes like the **** of the tna. i wouldnt complain to see kurt champ over and over again, but if i see a person like cena who cant wrestle to save his life then i would bash my tv.

He's unpopular because he's the Triple H of TNA. He hogs the spotlight/title. Granted, he's still a hell of a wrestler. But like HHH, his prime is starting to pass him and it's time to help put over some of the younger guys, especially some TNA bred talent.

kurt angle is doing excally wat jarrett did in 05 get as much heat as he can until the fans start saying DROP THE TITLE or something thing is kurt is very good when hes just being angle not this arrigent thing with his wife now some of the things they have done were funny like example no surrender angle was looking for sting and found lethal and just started beating him up then his glasses fell of and angle said MY GLASSES FELL NOW I AM REALLY MAD but this hole angle allence has to end kurt is a good heel by him self and does not need his wife or aj speaking of please tna BRING BACK THE GOOD AJ STYLES the one the people miss to much and i think tna needs is savior they need a save us 222 and there is only one man that can save tna the KING OF THE MOUNTAIN JEFF JARRETT needs to come back and save us from this reign of angles and once again be champion then all will be right in the world for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back