Criticizing Your Personal Favorites: Kurt Angle

#hamler

That's all folks.
Well, my series is about to wrap up guys. You guys know the rules- No matter how perfect the said Wrestler is, criticize him. Now's your chance. Feel free to rip posts apart piece by piece.I want a dicussion here. Please, explain your answer and don't Spam. In this thread, you have a chance to criticize former WWE now TNA Wrestler..
Kurt%20Angle%20001.png

Kurt Angle

You guys ready. This is goinna be a long ass list of accomplishments. Kurt Angle, probably one of the most decorated men in Wrestling's history. His accomplishments include WCW Championship (WWE's version), World Heavyweight Champion, WWE Champion 4 times, king of the ring 2000, Fifth Grand Slam Champion, Tenth Grand Slam Champion. PWI ranked him number one in 2001 in their PWI500. When he realized he had nothing left to accomplish in the WWE, he moved on to TNA in 2007 where he would go on to hold the TNA Championship 4-times and the NWA Championship once. Kurt would also hold 2 more major championships in Japan. He was TNA's second Triple Crown winner and King of the Mountain in 2007 and 2009.

Kurt Angle is a former NCAA All American, Junoir Freestyle Wrestling Champion in 1987,Senior Freestyle Wrestling Champion in 1995 and 1996. He would go in to win an Olympic Gold Medal in Freestyle wrestling in 1996-the fist American win a gold medal in freestyle wrestling....ever. Kurt is no doubt an accomplished individual. He's been Wrestling since the late 1990's and has held 13 World Championships and done it all during his Wrestling career. But Kurt, like most, isn't flawless. Discussion questions;

What is one flaw you see in Kurt Angle?

Would fixing this flaw make Kurt Angle any better than he already is?

*(By the way, saying Angle's flaw is that he is in TNA IS NOT a flaw, don't use it.)*

If you see no flaw in Kurt Angle, state why. And please don't fuck up my thread with spam. Explain. Feel free to rip posts apart piece by piece, I want a discussion here.

Discuss this shit

There really aren't too many flaws to speak of when you're talking about Kurt Angle. The man is a terrific and gifted professional wrestler. Tremendous in-ring ability, excellent on the mic, passionate about the business with a unique ability to portray a heel or a face equally effectively, and the capacity to be comedic or deathly serious, or anywhere in between.

The only flaw that I see is an ego of epic proportions. I really think that he truly believed that when he left WWE and joined TNA, he single handedly was going to put TNA on the map and make them instant competition for the WWE. This was simultaneously naive and egotistical. I also think that he truly believes that he was under-utilized by the WWE when he was there. Even though he held pretty much every title, garnered pretty much every accolade, he still felt it wasn't enough, so he decided to take his ball and go home. Even though he continued to be a focal point of the company even when he was injured, he was still unsatisfied. I can understand why he has an ego as inflated as he does, because as I already stated, he's undoubtedly really good. But no one, not even the legendary Kurt Angle, is as good as Angle thinks he is. It's unfortunate that someone as talented but self-centered as he is, will likely conclude his career in relative obscurity.

I would have to agree and argue with u at the same time about Kurt's ego. Kurt's ego granted imo has by by far pushed him to always push himself to always put on a terrific performance and always putting over his opponent and having incredible matches with anyone he takes on in the ring. The point where I would argue is the fact that is his ego has made him stubborn and doesn't know when to take breaks even though he knows he's injured he'll still go out there and give it his all and risk getting injured some more. I love Kurt for everything he's done and does in the ring and glad he crossed the line into TNA which could have very well saved his life. The guy while in the WWE only took one break the entire time and that was after his match with Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania. The guy was wrestling non stop with no breaks. That's really his only flaw that I could see in Kurt, but overall he is arguably the best wrestler alive today.

I have to say Kurt Angle is one of the greatest of all time no question and can easily have a match of the year caliber match with even the shittiest of competitors.

The only thing I dislike about Angle is the fact that he has completely lost the sense of humor he had during his days in WWE. I mean now he just seems like an emotionless douche. He has always been an intense and talented performer and was always viewed at such but he had personality at the same time and every story line had some sort of humor to it either at Angles expense or from Angle himself.

For example he was like the clean cut hero type almost the antithesis of Steve Austin who was the brash beer swilling red neck whereas Angle was the accomplished milk drinking Olympic hero who never said a cuss word.
Who can forget the milk bath where as take on Austin's infamous beer bath on the Corporation, Angle pulled in with a milk truck and hosed down I believe Austin and the McMahons (dont recall).
Or when he rap battled Cena with Brian Hebner beat boxing! Funniest shit ever.

In TNA it just seems like they book him as and he comes off as the single greatest of all time and no one can compare. Plus his promos are horrible now and very boring.

Other than that I have always liked Angle and I hope that one day in some fashion he can go back to WWE and become part of the Hall of Fame some day

Kurt Angle is my favorite wrestler of all time, he brought a sense of legitimacy back to Pro Wrestling in a time where it was almost entirely focused on entertainment, and continues to do so. Kurt Angle has a passion for this business that is unparalelled which is why even getting into his 40's after multipal neck surgeries and fighting personal demons he is still putting on 5 star matches and working at a pace that 20 year olds cant keep up with. Kurt Angle is a machine that evolved with the times and after an already legendary "amateur" wrestling career, he then created a legendary Pro Wrestling career thats still living today, hell he is arguably the sole reason TNA survived as long as it has. When it comes to the term legend I believe Kurt embodies it, what that man has done and how well he has perfected his craft after already perfecting his craft in Freestyle Wrestling and winning gold medals, to then go into the Pro Wrestling business and become arguably the best of all time is simply unbelievable. Flaws? I dont think that word is in his vocabulary.

For this decade, seeing Kurt Angle grow and succeed to become one of the greatest wrestlers of all time was one of my favorite things about the 2000's. He debuted as the comedic, smug, cocky Olympic Champion that got booed by his own country lol. Then he evolved, becoming more serious and intense with his ring work and demeanor. He still carried the red, white, and blue all decade long but nobody carried and wrestled with it better than him.

Now, he's just working his ass off to stay at the top of his game and proving that he can still headline. The guy's a legend with his accomplishments and grand matches he had over the years. His feuds with Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and his match with Yugi Nagata are unforgettable.

My flaw about him, is that he, at times, would run his mouth in the media and say some things that would hurt his credibility. Saying things like how he can beat Chuck Lidell in a MMA fight or how The Rock is interested in coming back to wrestling. Things like that..

Another flaw about him is how injury prone he is at this point. It's not his fault because he put his body through hell for us but it's no secret that he has a long history of many injuries. That's all I can say..

I personally and honestly see No Flaws in Kurt Angle. He is a Great Wrestler and always puts on Great matches and routinely has Match of the Year candidates. He is Pretty Good on the mic. He can play a Good Heel or Good Face. Angle is a great wrestler and one of the best wrestlers in wrestling today.

He is, in my opinion, the single greatest wrestler of all time. I have read all of these threads, and learned a lot. I've also rethought my opinion on a lot of other wrestlers past and present. But of Kurt Angle, I will always see him as the best. Whether be in the ring, working his ass off to put on some of the best matches in WWE and TNA history (I won't say THE best of all time because despite my 15 years of watching wrestling, I can't say I've experienced matches from the "Golden Age"); or if he is cutting promo's to the level of Stone Cold or The Rock; or even telling a compelling story in the ring on a consistent basis, Kurt is unmatched in work ethic and talent. I won't even go through the list of emotions he pulls out of me with all three of the forementioned things because it would be too long.

With all that said, he is fragile and injury prone. Sure, he's tough as hell and works through his injuries, all that hard work just piles up all the reasons why he shouldn't be able to walk. So if the best of all time has any flaw, it is that he should not and will not have the long career of the likes of Ric Flair or Undertaker.

If he had a career, injury free, and was able to go 20 full time years, then who knows? Would him taking a bump where he land on his neck or head leave me with the same shock and worry? Maybe not, but then again, there would be nothing left to hold him back... And if he had that, he sure as hell would make the most of it.

Angle has no flaw period. It just the fact when he is compared to guys like austin rock hhh hbk, his star power is not as big as them.

PS: How can you end this series of CRITICISM without criticizing the awesome one, THE Miz. I demand the OP to make a thread immediately about the current heavyweight champion of the world.

There are only two flaws that I can think of with Kurt Angle. The first is that he pushes himself too hard. In WWE i'm surprised he didn't drop dead with the amount of time and effort he put into his WWE career.

The second flaw is that he is much more fragile now like the Undertaker which means his career is certainly shortened considerably which is a dire shame with someone like Angle who is a joy to watch no matter what company he is in.

They are pretty much two flaws which act in combination to a huge overall flaw which I have explained above. In all honest I can see maybe another five years tops as a wrestler. And depending what he wants to do after that he may do something backstage like a trainer or just retire completely.

Oh, where to begin.

I'm just going to start off with just one of his flaws. He had some of the worst in-ring psychology I've ever seen. When he was a heel, he still did the same crowd-popping moves as he did when he was a face. It especially reared its ugly head during his feud with Cena. His finisher is the Ankle Lock and 95% of the time, he doesn't go after the ankle. At least someone like Benoit works on the body part(s) that his finisher centers around. No matter what character Angle plays out of the ring, his in-ring work is the same. I get tired of hearing about how he's a great wrestler because he's a amateur wrestler when most of the moves aren't even amateur-wrestling moves.

Oh, where to begin.

I'm just going to start off with just one of his flaws. He had some of the worst in-ring psychology I've ever seen. When he was a heel, he still did the same crowd-popping moves as he did when he was a face. It especially reared its ugly head during his feud with Cena. His finisher is the Ankle Lock and 95% of the time, he doesn't go after the ankle. At least someone like Benoit works on the body part(s) that his finisher centers around.

The point is there isn't a much simpler way of working on the ankle than applying the ankle lock. And I think that it would be fair to say that he applies the ankle lock quite a few times in his matches by which time the ankle would surely be damaged.

I cannot see a flaw in Kurt Angle to be honest. He is a fantastic wrestler and can work with a variety of opponents be it a high flyer or an in your face brawler and he has been doing so for more than a decade. He can cut a great promo in the ring as well and I cannot really find any complaint with him. Some have said that he has an ego but I do not think it has ever come across as far as putting people over is concerned. As far as pro wrestling is concerned that's the only thing I am interested in knowing as far as ego is concerned.

Wow, I really can't think of a single flaw with Kurt Angle, His mic skills are great especially in that feud with Mr Anderson, and speaking of that feud the matches were freaking awesome.

How anyone can criticize Angle's in ring ability confuses me, He puts on awesome matches with the ready established stars (AJ, Joe).

Makes Young guys look like a million bucks (Amazing Red).

I have been entertained by almost every match he has been in tbh I even enjoyed his WWF days, but for the sake of the thread I will pick a flaw, His age, He can't have long left I can't see him wrestling past probably 2015 or something. I'm a huge Kurt Angle fan and I look forward to his return to TNA Wrestling.

The only flaw I have with Kurt Angle isn't really anything to do with his ring work or the man himself. I feel his character in TNA is far too serious and I miss the days where he could have a joke and a laugh around in WWE. Watching his heel promos in WWE were entertaining as were his face ones. In TNA he acts like he MUST win or else the world will come to an end and he is always on edge. Thats just his character though I'm aware but other than that Kurt Angle is the best wrestler in the world. Not much flaws if any at all. Maybe I'm just fussy

In ring and character wise he's pretty much flawless I think. However, as was briefly mentioned before, I think his major flaw is his interviews with the outside media....

Be it from saying he wanted his WWE release (then back-tracking) his lying about his doctor getting the steroids legally then giving them to him illegally (even though it was proven the steroids were illegal from the start) to the various ratings claims and stating Vince's doctor told him Vince was going to have a heart attack soon, it seems Kurt has joined Hogan in the wierd world of wrestling nutjob wing!

Take away the outside TNA stuff though and he's top draw

Very very little, as most of your thread subjects, can people say about Kurt angle that is not devoutly positive. There is only one that springs to mind for me, which is that he is not perfectly balanced on the wrestling-entertainment ratio. Unlike Shawn Michaels or punk or Jericho or Austin or rock, basically most of the greats... Kurt has always been a very good entertainer, but a great wrestler. I know many people will disagree with me on this because of how entertaining he can be in comparison to some guys, but he was on top in WWE in 2006.... a poor year.

He even headed the main event Mafia, full of former champs and legends, but Kurt was at that stage easily in the best condition of all of them (not that he has trouble beating Scott Steiner for linguistic skill!) but had say booker T been on role reversal with angle he could well have been in the top spot there.

As good as we all know angle has the potential to be as a talker, I think he couldn't ever be great which is the only thing I see lacking from him.. but as I say, most of you will likely disagree.

I think Kurt Angle is arguably the greatest performer in the business today and possibly the best in the history of the business. He might be the quintessential performer, he's great on the mike, superb in the ring. In the first 5 years he worked with the best performers in the history of the business and held his own.

There are a couple of flaws, I suppose. His age could be considered one. He started in the business at a much more advanced age than most people. He did have some injuries from before he started pro wrestling that were aggravated while in the business, but he's been able to keep himself relatively healthy. Now that he's 43, he can't work as much as people might wish he would.

I'm sad he's in TNA instead of WWE, he could really help the company. It was unbelievable that they actually let him go, imo. He could be a tremendous help to the company today.

The other problem is he's not a money maker though, in terms of merchandise sales, which I find rather strange considering his talent and his ability to entertain. I think his character might be limiting his ability to make any in-roads in that area and I know I adore him as a heel rather than a face.

If I were a promoter, I'd rather have him than not as part of my roster.

Kurt Angle is the best of all time to me, noone else comes close. Angle can wrestle a back of cement and put on a classic

However, in recent years he has come out with so much stupid shit in interviews that contradicts something he said a month earlier and makes him look ridiculous and shows he is either lying or has a screw loose.

All the bullshit about how he was going to do MMA, and statements regarding the WWE and Vince McMahon (he slags them off in 1 interview and then says how much he loves Vince in the next). Kurt really needs to think before opening his mouth to any reporter/magazine.

That is the only negative I can think of regarding Kurt Angle. In the ring, he is flawless. Although I would like to see a bit more comedy from him, I was a huge fan of this back in the WWE, it doesnt fit in with the persona he has in TNA, so I can let this slide.

Pretty much, he has two major flaws. Yes, they would have made him better in some ways.

1. The injuries and abuse he took in a fairly quick period of time.

2. The fact that he wasn't given the amount of time that many of his fellow wrestlers have been given due to time.

Had he started out 3 years earlier, so much could be realistically different. He'd have been given a similar push I'd assume, but they'd have more time and be in less of a rush. He'd have been given more time to heal and a better overall schedule.

This, obviously, lead to the other flaw. He was pushed so high, so fast, that he became broken down. Didn't help that he came into wrestling with a very serious injury to begin with.

Otherwise, he's everything I look for in a worker, all around.

Angle is fantastic and always gives it 100% Just being in the ring with him makes his opponents up their games.

Scandal is his only weakness - he runs the risk of everyone remembering him with the following statement "Kurt Angle was the/one of the best ever wrestlers to ever step in the ring BUT...". Since joining TNA there have been drug scandals, interview scandals and women scandals.

Touch wood, this seems to have ceased recently. I'm glad he is in TNA because this is prolonging his career - lighter schedule, allowed time off to recuperate. I also think this helps him remain relevant - the biggest criticism of Cena is that he is constantly pushed down our throats; with his breaks, your always physced when Kurt returns (I for one can't wait for him to come back and destroy Double J). Undertaker provokes the same initial response, but unfortunately he is not able to produce matches of Angle's quality.

Kurt Angle's flaw is that he is Kurt Angle.

In his first year in WWE/F he won the WWF title, the Intercontinental title, the European title, he was 2000 King of the Ring. Some debut year. by end of 2002 he was onlt the 5th grand slam winner of WWE. Something he also accomplished in his first year in TNA (holding all titles at the same time).

So when you think of what he has done, what is there left for him to do besides keep putting on 5-star matches?

To steal Bret Hart's line: Kurt Angle is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back