• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why hate the top guy??

I want to touch on something TCBT said real quick before I address the thread question. WWE DOES and HAS been building new stars. This isnt just directed at TCBT because a lot of people online and even pro wrestlers of other companies say this alot. I know PUNK has been wrestling for a pretty long time, but in the WWE landscape he is a NEW star. Daniel Bryan is a new star. The "E" is ALWAYS trying their hardest to build new stars. You cant tell me that they havent tried like HELL to make Del Rio a star. They are still trying. They want this man to be a star so bad I mean Ive never seen them try so hard on a guy. But Del Rio just isnt getting over, atleast nowhere near the level they want/need him to be. They even went so far as to have him make Orton tap out cleanly...a feat that I find proposterous even in kayfabe..but hey, they did it.

They tried to make Tensai a star. They are trying soooo hard to build up Ziggler. They are taking the slow and steady approach with Ryback...trying to build him up. But like HBK and Rock said, the WWE can only do so much. Its up to these guys to have 'what it takes' to be a star on Rock's, Stone Cold or Cena's level. Either they have 'it' or they dont. They did a good job buidling Miz up when he had the title. Miz and Cole did a great job in getting Miz to the level he was on.

The E tries to make stars all the time but...every bball player wont be a Jordan, Kobe or Lebron no matter how hard they work at it..no matter how hard they try. IMO, the E only has 4 people who have what it takes to be one of the 'main' guys. The rest of them simply dont have 'it.' Zigz beat Y2J but I STILL dont believe in Ziggler as a main eventer. He just hasnt sold me. Sin Cara, Del Rio, Shaemus, PTP, Kofi, Rhodes...they are trying like hell with these guys. But none of them are ready to beat Cena or Punk clean in the middle of the ring for the title and take the mantle. None of those guys could sell a PPV if the lives of their children depended on it.

OK as far as the question, I think the question has a false premise.(sp??)
The guys on top are not hated. Cena is hated, but he's not even on 'top' in any WWE-made way. What I mean by WWE-made way, is that Cena had the MITB briefcase and became the first person ever to fail to cash it in. He lost at WM to the Miz in a title match. Then he loses his next WM match to Rock. CM Punk basically beat Cena every time they fought when they were feuding. Basically the only person Cena's beaten is Lesnar.

I dont think the IWC hates the guys on top. IWC has a problem with Cena, and for reasons I for one understand and agree with. The other guys who are really on 'top' are Punk, Bryan and Shaemus. Orton hasnt been on top since Mark Henry beat him clean in the middle of the ring 3 straight times on route in taking his title. And didnt he lose to Kane at the last WM? He's not on top. The IWC does not hate the guys on top...they hate John Cena reguardless if he's on top or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back