• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why do you all hate Triple H?

I hate to echo the sentiment and consensus here, but I don't "hate" Triple H. Not at all. I think he is a great wrestler and entertainer. It remains to be seen whether or not he'll be a good executive boss. The issue with HHH for me is that he always claims to do what is "best for business" but often does the exact opposite. He seems to be very two-faced and talks out of both sides of his mouth. Example: The year The Rock inducted his father & grandfather into the WWE HOF[forget which year that was], HHH made a remark about "Dwayne fans" obviously taking a shot at Rocky for going Hollywood. But then, when Rock returned he is all of a sudden good with him? If you watch Rock's newest WWE DVD "The Epic Journey of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson", Trips is literally kissing Rock's ass. And I'm sure you can find shoot interviews on the net of others claiming such things about Triple H personally with a big name being Bret Hart[obviously still carrying a grudge for HHH's role in the Montreal screwjob]. Still, in a business of lying backstabbers, Triple H seems to be one of the worst. And when you add his personal ties to the McMahon family, you are left wondering what his career would have been without them? Generally, you have to wonder how a guy who is so egotistical and politically motivated can be trusted to do the right thing for business? Despite all of my past critique of Vince McMahon, he always did what was right for his company in the end even if some of his decisions were wrong. HHH is far different and that is what most smart fans pick up on with regards to him being a pretty awful human being. I guess you could say I pity HHH more than "hate" him.

(I probably am sharing opening sentences with a lot of people here, but...) I don't hate HHH. The wrestling business is a hard one, and I always have the utmost respect for most every competitor involved. There are few people in the industry that I can say I hate just because it's hard to give such a negative word to people putting their bodies on the line. So I don't hate him...

HOWEVER, he does have a lot that makes him unlikable, and I will address them in part because it's 12 in the morning and I have nothing else to do but prove my fandom to the internet.

HIS LEGACY: I will go on record here as saying that HHH is probably one of the most overrated superstars of all time. WWE and Trips himself try to big up the guy as the Attitude Era's last true hero and the guy who's been the best, but as a fan from the tail-end of the AE till now, that's a damn lie. Rock, Taker, Austin, Foley were the 4 in my opinion who were the most significant in the AE, and while I acknowledge HHH's efforts (both with and without DX), it wasn't enough to warrant all the clout he gets. Cornette was right: HHH is the guy who works with the guy. I find it funny how he undercut Edge and Jericho that one night as guys who never drew on their own, because that's basically him. Let's face it: almost every run where HHH was a priority in the booking as it's main star that the program was built around has some fuckery attached to it: His "reign of terror" with Evolution from 03-05 buried half the damn roster, The DX reunions with just him and Shawn were easily the weakest incarnations of the group, his time as Smackdown's exclusive was filled with quite a few stinker main event matches (Koslov, Khali) and was pretty much just a slow burn for fans waiting for Hardy to grab the belt, etc. HHH carved a great character out for himself, but in terms of placement, he's been a placeholder most of his career: there's few, if any, stark moments that stick out where only he could have been in that spot. There's nothing wrong with that, but he and WWE needs to realize it.

HIS "EGO". I could never claim to truly know the character of Paul Levesque, but according to a lot of people, he has a huge ego that gets in the way of making a good product, and from what I've seen, there's quite a bit of evidence for that. I honestly think that he wants to be that "knight in shining armor" type of guy and the figurehead that the crowd loves more than anyone else on the roster, and that he'd do anything to get there even when it's painfully obvious it's not happening. Let's be real: HHH has main evented and closed 5 Wrestlemania's where he came out on top, and how funny is it, that those 5 events are considered some of the shittiest closers in WM history?

WM16: In a match that was already an overbooked clusterfuck, HHH (as a heel, mind you) wins in a main event that no one who isn't named "The Rock" had any business winning, making this easily the worst booked WM main event in the last 20 years.

WM 18: HHH completes his comeback story and beats Y2J to become undisputed champion, not realizing fans no longer gave a damn and would not put up with mediocrity right after a classic like Rock/Hogan, making this not only the bellringer for WWE to give Hogan the strap and turn HHH heel shortly thereafter, but also the 2nd WM in a row where HHH had to be told that he wasn't as good as The Rock.

WM 19: I think it's common knowledge by now how awful this turned out for everyone involved. The saddest part was it was a pretty great match until HHH shoveled Booker in what might as well have been a Buried Alive match.

WM25: HHH triumphs over Orton in the prime of his heel run as champion to send the crowd home happy, except the crowd wasn't happy considering this stinker followed possibly the greatest WM match of all time and put the emergency brakes on a great angle/title run.

HOW HE GOT TO THE TOP. Setting the record straight: HHH was a main eventer before Steph, and probably would have gotten there without her. She did not catapult him into the main event... but I'm inclined to believe that the relationship that blossomed damn sure had a bearing on how long he stayed there. There's been a lot of main eventers in WWE history, among them being Luger, Miz, R Truth, Khali, Rikishi, etc. Sure, a lot of them either ain't shit now or went through a rough patch of not being shit afterwards, but they were main eventers, right? Point being, HHH is talented enough to warrant him getting a main event slot, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking he is THAT DAMN GOOD enough to stay there for the next decade, especially considering most people would be upper midcard demoted for some of the crap he's been involved in. Steph didn't make him. Shawn did. She just helped a lot with his longevity. Not saying he would have been future endeavored, but he would have definitely been in more of a Jericho or Booker T position than the one he's got now.

HIS RUNNING OF WWE. Safe to say he's done some great things: NXT, the performance center and Bruno's induction are all pluses. Sin Cara, The Authority Angle, the handling of Daniel Bryan before the Royal Rumble happened, Batista's return, CM Punk's absence and the end of J.R. are all fuck-ups with his name attached to it though. Plus, with his history of crappy booking decisions in the past (hell, just based off of WMXIX alone), being a bit annoyed at what can happen is not far-fetched.

HIS SHOVEL. The truth of the matter is that HHH has buried way too many people, and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist. Common defenses against this is to cut down all the people he buried and then mention people he lost to, but the truth of the matter is that the only people who got a good rub from HHH that meant shit was Batista and Sheamus, and they were both his buddies (the argument for Cena doesn't stand for me. Cena was killing shit from WM21 onward. He was a star already, and would have been anyway with or without the WM22 win). Only other name I can throw in was Shelton Benjamin, but those were booked as flukes that didn't amount to much. His burial list goes quite far though (top of my head):

He did not need to beat CM Punk at NOC under any circumstances.
He did not need to beat Kane in that title unification match considering how hot Kane was at the time.
He literally ruined Orton's first main event run as soon as it started.
He spent a nearly the whole year of 2008/2009 (don't remember which) beating Jeff Hardy for the title and only dropped it when Edge was there to take the pin.
He took a few questionable W's over The Rock which make it easy to believe Bret's story of them trying to bury Rock.
He basically ran over Umaga every time they fought, and even as Vince's crony the guy could've been booked better.
Worst of all, he ruined Booker T as a main event face after not only winning a WM main even he had no business winning, but burying the guy even further by taking a whole damn inner monologue to himself before pinning him clean.

And those are just off the top of my head.

Back then, think Triple H during Evolution. Very hate able. Why didn't RVD win that pay per view match? Why didn't Booker T win that Wrestlemania?

But now, I hate him cause of he's a great heel (which is a good type of hate, that heel hate.) If Punk never walked out and we'd have Sheamus vs Bryan type matches at Wrestlemania, then I'd hate him (real life style) for his booking.

I don't hate Triple H.

I love to watch him fight, he makes the match better for me. He makes his matches emotional, hate is just another emotion. He's not coming to my house and kicking down my door, he's risking his life to entertain me and I see no reason to hate him for that.

I don't usually boo people, I'd never boo Triple H. I like Triple H, I think people who want to hate him just are not satisfied with hating him in the ring. Don't let hate go beyond the show, the show just isn't fun anymore when you do.

Here's why I DONT hate HHH...

HHH vs HBK....summerslam and royal rumble
HHH vs Taker...all three WM matches
HHH vs Cactus Jack...HIAC and street fight
HHH vs Austin 3 stages of hell
HHH and Austin vs Y2J and Benoit
HHH vs Rock IC ladder match
HHH vs HBK vs Benoit
HHH vs Y2J last man standing
HHH vs Rock...Iron man and backlash

Its hard for me to hate someone that has a ridiculous amount of classics/great matches. People will find any excuse to hate HHH the same way they do for Cena. They will say that he never put someone over...ok well name another main eventer that has tapped out THREE TIMES at WM once being to give someone their first world title win???

Yup, he's a bit like WWE's Tom Cruise; a guy that most people wouldn't say is their favourite star but has delivered enough decent to very good performances that you can't take an extreme stance against them.

HHH gets the 'married the bosses daughter' argument levelled at him a lot and while I accept he isn't the only guy from the Attitude Era to have been involved in bloody matches, he has likely been in more than his fair share. Even after his non-kayfabe marriage to Steph, he still participated in some brutal matches and can't be accused of being given an easy ride.

(I probably am sharing opening sentences with a lot of people here, but...) I don't hate HHH. The wrestling business is a hard one, and I always have the utmost respect for most every competitor involved. There are few people in the industry that I can say I hate just because it's hard to give such a negative word to people putting their bodies on the line. So I don't hate him...

HOWEVER, he does have a lot that makes him unlikable, and I will address them in part because it's 12 in the morning and I have nothing else to do but prove my fandom to the internet.

HIS LEGACY: I will go on record here as saying that HHH is probably one of the most overrated superstars of all time. WWE and Trips himself try to big up the guy as the Attitude Era's last true hero and the guy who's been the best, but as a fan from the tail-end of the AE till now, that's a damn lie. Rock, Taker, Austin, Foley were the 4 in my opinion who were the most significant in the AE, and while I acknowledge HHH's efforts (both with and without DX), it wasn't enough to warrant all the clout he gets. Cornette was right: HHH is the guy who works with the guy. I find it funny how he undercut Edge and Jericho that one night as guys who never drew on their own, because that's basically him. Let's face it: almost every run where HHH was a priority in the booking as it's main star that the program was built around has some fuckery attached to it: His "reign of terror" with Evolution from 03-05 buried half the damn roster, The DX reunions with just him and Shawn were easily the weakest incarnations of the group, his time as Smackdown's exclusive was filled with quite a few stinker main event matches (Koslov, Khali) and was pretty much just a slow burn for fans waiting for Hardy to grab the belt, etc. HHH carved a great character out for himself, but in terms of placement, he's been a placeholder most of his career: there's few, if any, stark moments that stick out where only he could have been in that spot. There's nothing wrong with that, but he and WWE needs to realize it.

HIS "EGO". I could never claim to truly know the character of Paul Levesque, but according to a lot of people, he has a huge ego that gets in the way of making a good product, and from what I've seen, there's quite a bit of evidence for that. I honestly think that he wants to be that "knight in shining armor" type of guy and the figurehead that the crowd loves more than anyone else on the roster, and that he'd do anything to get there even when it's painfully obvious it's not happening. Let's be real: HHH has main evented and closed 5 Wrestlemania's where he came out on top, and how funny is it, that those 5 events are considered some of the shittiest closers in WM history?

WM16: In a match that was already an overbooked clusterfuck, HHH (as a heel, mind you) wins in a main event that no one who isn't named "The Rock" had any business winning, making this easily the worst booked WM main event in the last 20 years.

WM 18: HHH completes his comeback story and beats Y2J to become undisputed champion, not realizing fans no longer gave a damn and would not put up with mediocrity right after a classic like Rock/Hogan, making this not only the bellringer for WWE to give Hogan the strap and turn HHH heel shortly thereafter, but also the 2nd WM in a row where HHH had to be told that he wasn't as good as The Rock.

WM 19: I think it's common knowledge by now how awful this turned out for everyone involved. The saddest part was it was a pretty great match until HHH shoveled Booker in what might as well have been a Buried Alive match.

WM25: HHH triumphs over Orton in the prime of his heel run as champion to send the crowd home happy, except the crowd wasn't happy considering this stinker followed possibly the greatest WM match of all time and put the emergency brakes on a great angle/title run.

HOW HE GOT TO THE TOP. Setting the record straight: HHH was a main eventer before Steph, and probably would have gotten there without her. She did not catapult him into the main event... but I'm inclined to believe that the relationship that blossomed damn sure had a bearing on how long he stayed there. There's been a lot of main eventers in WWE history, among them being Luger, Miz, R Truth, Khali, Rikishi, etc. Sure, a lot of them either ain't shit now or went through a rough patch of not being shit afterwards, but they were main eventers, right? Point being, HHH is talented enough to warrant him getting a main event slot, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking he is THAT DAMN GOOD enough to stay there for the next decade, especially considering most people would be upper midcard demoted for some of the crap he's been involved in. Steph didn't make him. Shawn did. She just helped a lot with his longevity. Not saying he would have been future endeavored, but he would have definitely been in more of a Jericho or Booker T position than the one he's got now.

HIS RUNNING OF WWE. Safe to say he's done some great things: NXT, the performance center and Bruno's induction are all pluses. Sin Cara, The Authority Angle, the handling of Daniel Bryan before the Royal Rumble happened, Batista's return, CM Punk's absence and the end of J.R. are all fuck-ups with his name attached to it though. Plus, with his history of crappy booking decisions in the past (hell, just based off of WMXIX alone), being a bit annoyed at what can happen is not far-fetched.

HIS SHOVEL. The truth of the matter is that HHH has buried way too many people, and anyone who says otherwise is an apologist. Common defenses against this is to cut down all the people he buried and then mention people he lost to, but the truth of the matter is that the only people who got a good rub from HHH that meant shit was Batista and Sheamus, and they were both his buddies (the argument for Cena doesn't stand for me. Cena was killing shit from WM21 onward. He was a star already, and would have been anyway with or without the WM22 win). Only other name I can throw in was Shelton Benjamin, but those were booked as flukes that didn't amount to much. His burial list goes quite far though (top of my head):

He did not need to beat CM Punk at NOC under any circumstances.
He did not need to beat Kane in that title unification match considering how hot Kane was at the time.
He literally ruined Orton's first main event run as soon as it started.
He spent a nearly the whole year of 2008/2009 (don't remember which) beating Jeff Hardy for the title and only dropped it when Edge was there to take the pin.
He took a few questionable W's over The Rock which make it easy to believe Bret's story of them trying to bury Rock.
He basically ran over Umaga every time they fought, and even as Vince's crony the guy could've been booked better.
Worst of all, he ruined Booker T as a main event face after not only winning a WM main even he had no business winning, but burying the guy even further by taking a whole damn inner monologue to himself before pinning him clean.

And those are just off the top of my head.

1. HHH would have been like Booker T??? u mean like in a tag team with goldust? Come on dude stop the blind hatred. HHH has how many classics compared to Booker T? That comparison shows that you are certainly biased because it is completely ridiculous. HHH did more before he even married Steph than Booker did in his entire career. HHH being like Y2J is a fair argument, I just dont agree with it. HHH's physique and charisma would have easily put him above Y2J's level. Nobody was built like HHH and you know Vince loves big guys.

2. HHH has NOT main evented 5 Mania's where he came out on top. Did you just make that up? He's actually closed 6 WM's not 5. HHH is 3-3 at Mania closing matches if my memory is correct. He lost to Benoit, Batista, and Cena; he defeated Y2J, Rock, and Orton.

3. The shovel argument is biased in its own right. Nobody rates Austin, Rock, or Hogan any lower even though they NEVER really put anyone over. Hogan did once he was older and in WCW but HHH has lost to more youngsters than any of these three. I cant remember Austin putting anyone over EVER!!

4. Booker T is and has ALWAYS been a lower mid card talent. Booker T has NEVER done anything special. He wasnt good in the ring and he never cut good promos. He was a black Santino that wcw pushed while they were terrible and going out of business. HHH didnt bury Booker...Booker had no upside at all.

5. HHH beating Y2J made perfect sense. Why the hell would someone return from and injury that kept them out for almost a year to one of the biggest pops in history, win the royal rumble, than lose at WM? What kind of booking would that be? That makes no sense and I dont understand why people dont realize that.

While I don't "hate" Triple H, there several things that make me have trouble being a fan of his.

First off he's ridden every possible coattail he could. Starting out with Kliq. Their "curtain call" moment helped expose wrestling. He kept himself close with the top guy at the time (HBK) to stay relevant. I know they're best friends, but they probably weren't right from the start.

Another problem I have is the fact that he's quite possibly the most overrated wrestler of all time. He is made out to be an Icon by WWE, when in reality he's a "B+ player" himself. At one time he was very good, but never great. He's not Shawn Michaels when it comes to in-ring performing, and he's not Ric Flair in the ring or on the mic. Like Jim Cornette was said "he's the guy that works with the guy that draws the money"

He slept his way to the top. Does anyone really think he'd have as many title reigns as he's had if wasn't married to the boss's daughter? Even today would he have his two matches a year spot, and yet he's still on TV all the time? Which leads me to my next point.

He's on TV way too much these days for a part-timer. If he's going to have two matches a year then he needs a part-time TV schedule too. He gets his friends on TV yet it's been reported he's stopped people like Mick Foley form appearing on TV more often.

Of course there's the fact that he's buried countless wrestlers over the years. So much so that people like me are worried at the slim possibility that he'll do it yet again come Sunday.

1. HHH would have been like Booker T??? u mean like in a tag team with goldust? Come on dude stop the blind hatred. HHH has how many classics compared to Booker T? That comparison shows that you are certainly biased because it is completely ridiculous. HHH did more before he even married Steph than Booker did in his entire career. HHH being like Y2J is a fair argument, I just dont agree with it. HHH's physique and charisma would have easily put him above Y2J's level. Nobody was built like HHH and you know Vince loves big guys.

When I say HHH would have been like Booker T, I mean in terms of NOW, so I am not saying he would have been in a comedy tag team. I am saying that without Steph, he would have been (as of today) in a Jericho type position where he comes back and can main event or be upper midcard enhancement when necessary or in a Booker type position where he is a backstage presence, wrestles occasionally, gets an onscreen role/HOF induction and probably runs his own small time promotion.

As for your other point, HHH before Steph had 1 world title. At that point, unless I'm mistaken, Booker had a world title too. I'd call that pretty equal footing. And did you really just say Booker has no classics compared to HHH? Booker had 2 boss ass Best of 7's with Benoit; pick a match. I can't name even 3 HHH classics, much less 14 (I'll get to that later).

2. HHH has NOT main evented 5 Mania's where he came out on top. Did you just make that up? He's actually closed 6 WM's not 5. HHH is 3-3 at Mania closing matches if my memory is correct. He lost to Benoit, Batista, and Cena; he defeated Y2J, Rock, and Orton.

And my point was that every time he came out on top, it sucked donkey nuts. Whether it was 6 or 5 he closed (it was 6, but I was only talking about the ones he won) is an irrelevant case to argue. He WON 4 Main Event WM matches (by main event I mean a world title match or a closer), and each one of those wins, as I've already stated, are infamous for some reason or another:

-He should not have gone over Rock at 16 even though that match was overbooked anyway;
-His chance at being the knight in shining armor by beating Jericho was squashed because it was not fit to close (he was in the right to have won, but it should not have closed the show. That, or it should have been good enough not to bore the crowd to death)
-He damn sure did not need to beat Booker at 19. It ruined Booker's first face main event run in WWE when he was probably the most over face on RAW, it was quite offensive considering the racial tone that the buildup had, it lead to a shitty feud with Kevin Nash and the way he ended the match was just disgusting.
-I personally didn't care whether he won or lost 25 as either would have been an OK decision, but once again, his closer sucked and got outshined by a greater preceding match contested by greater superstars.

3. The shovel argument is biased in its own right. Nobody rates Austin, Rock, or Hogan any lower even though they NEVER really put anyone over. Hogan did once he was older and in WCW but HHH has lost to more youngsters than any of these three. I cant remember Austin putting anyone over EVER!!

Hogan, as you already said, was an ass and didn't put over a lot of folks, but he did so later in his career to Brock, Rock and in WCW.
Rock put over Angle, Jericho, Benoit, Booker T (ironically so he could face and be buried by HHH), Brock Lesnar, HHH, and hell, even the freakin' Hurricane. Don't tell me Rock never put anyone over.
Austin didn't put anyone effectively over, truth. However, this does not make it okay for HHH to follow suit. It just means they're both asses in that regard. Besides, not putting over doesn't equal bury. The only person I can say Austin buried was maybe Kane (maybe). HHH undeniably buried shitloads more.

4. Booker T is and has ALWAYS been a lower mid card talent. Booker T has NEVER done anything special. He wasnt good in the ring and he never cut good promos. He was a black Santino that wcw pushed while they were terrible and going out of business. HHH didnt bury Booker...Booker had no upside at all.

Bullshit. Booker was a main eventer in the 3 major promotions for a reason (WWE, WCW, TNA) and it's not because there was no one else to push. He was BETTER in the ring than Hunter for damn sure (HHH is a better ring psychologist, that's it), and on the mic he did more than hold his own, hence the reason he was put on commentary. Booker winning world titles in WCW while it was dying might have been a viable argument for him being overrated, but you forget he then won one in WWE that many fans agree was LONG overdure. HHH did bury Booker. Rock went ahead and put him over for a match with HHH that had literally only 4 or 5 weeks of buildup, and in that 4 or 5 weeks he became the most over face on RAW sans Austin. Sure, he was in a comedy tag team before, but that doesn't mean immediate irrelevance. Hell, Rock was in a comedy tag team while he was the face of the damn company. And plus, Booker and Goldie were tag champs. He was plucked from it because they were over as shit and he was good enough to do it. Then HHH puts race into his promos and pretty much does all but call Booker a minstrel show (which was a damn good idea), but then has the nerve to basically make racism look okay by beating Booker in the most embarrassingly slow pinfall attempt I have ever seen. That alone makes Booker a better professional than HHH ever was.

5. HHH beating Y2J made perfect sense. Why the hell would someone return from and injury that kept them out for almost a year to one of the biggest pops in history, win the royal rumble, than lose at WM? What kind of booking would that be? That makes no sense and I dont understand why people dont realize that.

I never said HHH should have lost to Jericho. I just said he shouldn't have sucked so hard in beating him. This might sound harsh, but I mean goddamn: you are following 2 legends in Rock/Hogan and you KNOW you need to tear the roof off the place, which is not hard considering Jericho's in the ring with you and Hogan can't wrestle for sh*t at this stage in his career. Is it so much to ask that you either not close the show or do better than the match before? What's even worse is that he let this happen AGAIN at WM25. Face it: HHH's is best served on his back if he's closing WM's. Give the shine to someone the fans care to see it on.

When I say HHH would have been like Booker T, I mean in terms of NOW, so I am not saying he would have been in a comedy tag team. I am saying that without Steph, he would have been (as of today) in a Jericho type position where he comes back and can main event or be upper midcard enhancement when necessary or in a Booker type position where he is a backstage presence, wrestles occasionally, gets an onscreen role/HOF induction and probably runs his own small time promotion.

As for your other point, HHH before Steph had 1 world title. At that point, unless I'm mistaken, Booker had a world title too. I'd call that pretty equal footing. And did you really just say Booker has no classics compared to HHH? Booker had 2 boss ass Best of 7's with Benoit; pick a match. I can't name even 3 HHH classics, much less 14 (I'll get to that later).

And my point was that every time he came out on top, it sucked donkey nuts. Whether it was 6 or 5 he closed (it was 6, but I was only talking about the ones he won) is an irrelevant case to argue. He WON 4 Main Event WM matches (by main event I mean a world title match or a closer), and each one of those wins, as I've already stated, are infamous for some reason or another:

-He should not have gone over Rock at 16 even though that match was overbooked anyway;
-His chance at being the knight in shining armor by beating Jericho was squashed because it was not fit to close (he was in the right to have won, but it should not have closed the show. That, or it should have been good enough not to bore the crowd to death)
-He damn sure did not need to beat Booker at 19. It ruined Booker's first face main event run in WWE when he was probably the most over face on RAW, it was quite offensive considering the racial tone that the buildup had, it lead to a shitty feud with Kevin Nash and the way he ended the match was just disgusting.
-I personally didn't care whether he won or lost 25 as either would have been an OK decision, but once again, his closer sucked and got outshined by a greater preceding match contested by greater superstars.

Hogan, as you already said, was an ass and didn't put over a lot of folks, but he did so later in his career to Brock, Rock and in WCW.
Rock put over Angle, Jericho, Benoit, Booker T (ironically so he could face and be buried by HHH), Brock Lesnar, HHH, and hell, even the freakin' Hurricane. Don't tell me Rock never put anyone over.
Austin didn't put anyone effectively over, truth. However, this does not make it okay for HHH to follow suit. It just means they're both asses in that regard. Besides, not putting over doesn't equal bury. The only person I can say Austin buried was maybe Kane (maybe). HHH undeniably buried shitloads more.

Bullshit. Booker was a main eventer in the 3 major promotions for a reason (WWE, WCW, TNA) and it's not because there was no one else to push. He was BETTER in the ring than Hunter for damn sure (HHH is a better ring psychologist, that's it), and on the mic he did more than hold his own, hence the reason he was put on commentary. Booker winning world titles in WCW while it was dying might have been a viable argument for him being overrated, but you forget he then won one in WWE that many fans agree was LONG overdure. HHH did bury Booker. Rock went ahead and put him over for a match with HHH that had literally only 4 or 5 weeks of buildup, and in that 4 or 5 weeks he became the most over face on RAW sans Austin. Sure, he was in a comedy tag team before, but that doesn't mean immediate irrelevance. Hell, Rock was in a comedy tag team while he was the face of the damn company. And plus, Booker and Goldie were tag champs. He was plucked from it because they were over as shit and he was good enough to do it. Then HHH puts race into his promos and pretty much does all but call Booker a minstrel show (which was a damn good idea), but then has the nerve to basically make racism look okay by beating Booker in the most embarrassingly slow pinfall attempt I have ever seen. That alone makes Booker a better professional than HHH ever was.

I never said HHH should have lost to Jericho. I just said he shouldn't have sucked so hard in beating him. This might sound harsh, but I mean goddamn: you are following 2 legends in Rock/Hogan and you KNOW you need to tear the roof off the place, which is not hard considering Jericho's in the ring with you and Hogan can't wrestle for sh*t at this stage in his career. Is it so much to ask that you either not close the show or do better than the match before? What's even worse is that he let this happen AGAIN at WM25. Face it: HHH's is best served on his back if he's closing WM's. Give the shine to someone the fans care to see it on.
I honestly still dont see the Booker T comparison but either way being like Jericho is a very good thing and not an insult at all.

HHH one world title making him equal to Booker because he had one title is nonsense imo. HHH lead dx, had a great feud with the nation and was a bigger star than Booker when he won his title. Booker was a midcarder holding the belt, HHH was a main eventer holding the belt.

I'm not the biggest HHH fan but saying Booker T has more classics than HHH should be illegal. All his matches with Cactus Jack, all his matches with taker, ic ladder match with rock, triple threat at WM20, teaming with Austin vs Benoit/Y2J, i can keep going but I think this is enough because Booker has maybe two or three at the most.

First off Booker T was never a main eventer in WWE. What the hell is your definition of Main eventer? He never carried a show or feud, and never was the focal point of any WWE event. He was a midcarder that held the belt, just like Dolph Ziggler. Holding a world title doesn't make you a main eventer. TNA gives the belt to any former WWE star that joins there roster so that really had nothing to do with Bookers talent. I've already commented on the whole wcw world title thing so there is no need to repeat myself.

I was a huge WCW fan. I don't think I ever missed an episode of Nitro so I think I know alot about Booker T. Booker T was always terrible. He screams on the MIC and can't cut a serious promo to save his life. His feuds were terrible, like the battle for the name Harlem Heat where he lost his T. Outside of his matches with Benoit, he never had any memorable matches. Most of the wcw roster was better than him. Hell even when he was in the WWE, most of the WWE roster was better than him. The guy sucked. He is on commentary because he is sorta funny and he is very energetic...it has nothing to do with his MIC skills. There is a reason he was a comedy act and its not because of hhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back