Why do people hate the "Diva's Championship"?

How do you feel about the Diva's Championship

• I hate it.

• I don't like it, but WWE should keep it.

• I like it.

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WWE simply doesn't have the depth of talent to fill two divisions

Actually they do. They might not have enough for two GREAT divisions, but they have enough for 2 divisions nonetheless.

RAW
Alicia Fox - heel enhancement talent
Bellas - face enhancement talent
Eve - potential title holder
Gail Kim - potential title holder
Jillian - heel enhancement talent
Kelly - potential title holder
Maryse - potential title holder
Melina - current champion

4 "enhancement talents" and 5 title chasers.

SMACKDOWN
Beth Phoenix - potential title holder
Layla - heel enhancement talent
Maria - face enhancement talent
Michelle - current champion
Mickie - potential title holder
Natalya - potential title holder

2 "enhancement talents" and 4 title chasers.

Then don't forget ECW has Rosa and Katie, both of which can be brought over to Smackdown as an enhancement talent and title chaser, respectively.

So... that proves every "there's not enough divas to work two full divisions" argument wrong. It can work out quite well because many of these women are better than what they are given credit for, it's just up to WWE to create the right storylines and make the fans care at the same time.

No way, I wouldn't say Alicia Fox, The Bellas, Maryse(I like her but I've started youtubing her matches, they aren't very good), Layla, and Maria should be competing for the title, sure they have enough girls to compete for both titles, but they do not have enough girls to compete legitametely for the title. Its not just about them botching moves, its that the matches don't look good at all. Everytime it seems like a Women's match is about to gain momentum, they'll time something wrong. I think the biggest problem with women's matches even more than botching moves is that so often they get their timing wrong, I don't quite know how to explain it.

Whenever one of the girls tries to hit a running move into the corner for example, they run full speed then the girl in the corner for some reason can never get her leg up fast enough for the kick to the midsection, or the running girl has to slow down to a walk right beforehand. Clotheslines are another one, none of these girls seem to know how to put the right impact or time those right either. Basically if the girls have to run there is about a 75 percent chance their going to mess up.

Just because they have enough girls to fill up to Women's divisions, doesn't mean they have enough talented women to put together to divisions.

Just because they have enough girls to fill up to Women's divisions, doesn't mean they have enough talented women to put together to divisions.

They do though. Maybe I could have written my list in a better way. Some of them can be legit title contenders while the "enhancement talent(s)" are only used for elevating the contenders. There's enough for both Raw and Smackdown to have more than 4 different divas potentially chasing the current champion of that brand, and that's without using diva jobbers as #1 contenders. It could easily work because the ones I named as potential title holders are good enough, the ones who aren't are the ones I named as enhancement talent. That is how I would set the divisions up. They have two championships so that would be the best way to have it set up.

I was very happy when they announced that they were going to make a new title for the divas. It was going to be made on smackdown and so the divas there would finally have a reason to be there. Before they had no reason to fight and every dva on that showwas pointless and I don't think anybody cared for them. There were good divas on that show and I thought that they deserved to get gave a title.

When I saw the title though, I started laughing. The look it had was completly childish. I was dissapointed. I thought that we were suppose to take this title seriously. I was hoping to say that the divas title has the same worth as the womans title but that is hard to say if the divas title looked like that. I thought then that the divas title would never have the same worth as the womans title.

The matches over the title was good. They are to good to be over a title that looks like that though. They have been raising the prestige of the title, but it is still hard for me to take that title seriously. The divas title is not suppose to be a second rate title compared to the womans title. It should be worth the same. It's only fair for the divas that are fighting over it.

What they should do is just change the look of the title. Now it can still have the butterfly in my opinion. I find the color more degrading actually. They should make it into a full silver plate or something. It would be easier to take the title seriously.

The Diva's championship serves the purpose on having a legitimate reason to have the attractive Divas on WWE programming. the WWE Women's title is for wrestlers, not Diva's per say. Someone like Maryse, Kelly Kelly, and other 'model' divas should be the champion and not credible wrestlers like Melina, Mickie, and Gail Kim. Personally, I don't care enough to hate the belt, but it's not needed. There should not be two WOMEN'S titles in a company. Make the Women's division more competitive and have more variety by having one belt. I understand the brand split, but the Women's division doesn't need two belts.

That and the belt's pink. That doesn't suit a world title of ANY kind.

The name Divas Championship is really the reason I hate it, I mean some say whats in a name, but to me it proves what we all know and yet wish that the WWE would change. That Womens wrestling as an artform as opposed to a joke is dead and done.

Whats in a name?
The death of the womans division

Just My Opinion

this is how much i care about the diva championship. i just had to look up who is the champ and i watch raw every week. I usually flip the channel when a divas match comes on. just coz they bore me. If it felt like they were having some awesome fueds and grudge matchs that would make me want to watch but they just feel so random and pointless.

One of the biggest problems I have with the Diva's Championship is not the fact it looks the way it does (personaly I like the belt) but the belt doesn't have the history like the Women's championship which dates back to the 50's. Untill it has more creditability like the Women's Championship people in general myself included will always look down upon the Diva's Championship.

One of the biggest problems I have with the Diva's Championship is not the fact it looks the way it does (personaly I like the belt) but the belt doesn't have the history like the Women's championship which dates back to the 50's. Untill it has more creditability like the Women's Championship people in general myself included will always look down upon the Diva's Championship.

That I can completely understand. I think the reason they moved the Divas Championship to Raw is because that they can build its prestige by having it on the flagship show. It will take an extremely long time for it to catch up to the Womens Championship, but it will gain credibility eventually because they have enough women on the roster to make this work as long as they do the right storylines and feuds.

I agree 100% with Dagger, here. Regardless of if you think there's enough talent or not, the women are there on each show to justify 2 divisions. Just because WWE doesn't utilize them all, especially the ones that can actually wrestle, isn't their faults. On to point #2.

When Smackdown! brought back the U.S. Title way back when, and they showed the new design for the first time, I was stunned. I love when belts have their own unique look that makes them stand out. Now, I HATED John Cena's spinner U.S. title, but that was just stupid. No belt should be a circle, ever. I know there's been some in the past, but just no. Anyway, as much as I think the WWE title is up for a change, I do like the fact that it stands out. Much like the ECW, US, and divas title. Actually, I enjoy the World Heavyweight Title as well, as it has that "ancient" old fashioned championship look that you just don't get nowadays.

Just my two cents.

There is no reason to have two womens titles, just like there is no reason to still have 2 sets of tag titles and call them the Unified Tag Team Championship. There isn't enough talented divas to actually be champion. The division is at its worst right now. If there were to be only one title, then Mickie James or Michelle McCool would have the oppurtunity to wrestle on both shows. The Women's division might actually mean something again.

There is literally no point in having the title at all. I don't care about it, because it gives absolutely nothing to anyone in the show. While the other belts look like actual acheivements, the divas belt looks like its wearer has raided the lost property bin at a barbie convention. It doesn't matter if they took the belt away, it wouldn't improve the womens division. As a pro, it means that being a woman on Raw isn't completely pointless, but the difference between winning a purple butterfly belt that nobody cares about and no title at all is pretty minimal.

I can't stand the thing, and it really is as simply put as because it looks like something a committee of toy makers would have designed. There's no individual creativity there – it's like the WWE conducted market testing and held focus groups to ask what prepubescent girls like, learned they enjoy the color pink, like gold, like butterflies and enjoy singing rap songs that focus on outdated hip-hop terminology and slang like "phat" and "bling", and then figured, why not smash it all into one?! Bingo. Now you have a "Diva's title".

The title is garbage. It's the single most valueless prop the WWE owns. Hornswaggle's plastic leprechaun hats had more meaning.

I'll try to restart the discussion in this thread with yet another reason why I defend the fact that there's no reason to really hate this championship.

It's been said by basically everyone that the Womens Championship has more prestige and is far more important. I get that. It's obvious. However, I think of it this way. Why not use the Divas Championship (since Raw's female division has less talent) as a female equivalent of the midcard titles, and view the Womens Championship as the top female title? It might not make sense at first, but it kind of does to me.

Let divas like Kelly, Eve, and Maryse have some reigns with the Divas Championship first and then when they are better they can go for the Womens Championship (assuming they are on the same brand as it). They have all the more talented female wrestlers on Smackdown with the more important belt anyhow (Beth, Michelle, Mickie, Natalya) so viewing it that way makes sense.

Whether you like the design or not, it's necessary to have multiple female titles in my opinion so that all the divas don't have to be in the same division because there's so many of them now that it would turn into a cluster-mess with everyone jumping brands all the time.

I'll try to restart the discussion in this thread with yet another reason why I defend the fact that there's no reason to really hate this championship.

It's been said by basically everyone that the Womens Championship has more prestige and is far more important. I get that. It's obvious. However, I think of it this way. Why not use the Divas Championship (since Raw's female division has less talent) as a female equivalent of the midcard titles, and view the Womens Championship as the top female title? It might not make sense at first, but it kind of does to me.

Let divas like Kelly, Eve, and Maryse have some reigns with the Divas Championship first and then when they are better they can go for the Womens Championship (assuming they are on the same brand as it). They have all the more talented female wrestlers on Smackdown with the more important belt anyhow (Beth, Michelle, Mickie, Natalya) so viewing it that way makes sense.

Whether you like the design or not, it's necessary to have multiple female titles in my opinion so that all the divas don't have to be in the same division because there's so many of them now that it would turn into a cluster-mess with everyone jumping brands all the time.

What it seems like WWE is trying to do is make both titles seem equal, but different in meaning. What I mean by that is, look at Melina. She's the diva's champion. Melina represents everything a diva is. From her entrance to her look Melina is a symbol of what the diva champion should be. Now, over on Smackdown, whether you buy into or not, WWE wants you to believe Michelle McCool is a superb wrestler. That's why who ever holds the Women's title, is usually made out to be great in the ring or dominate.

If WWE treats the Diva's championship as a mid-card title, then where does that leave Melina? I think she will be on Raw for a while because she has already feuded with McCool and Beth so many times. Melina is the woman wrestler Raw has, as far as ring work, charisma, and character go. I wouldn't to see her jobbing to Kelly Kelly or Alica Fox.

What it seems like WWE is trying to do is make both titles seem equal, but different in meaning. What I mean by that is, look at Melina. She's the diva's champion. Melina represents everything a diva is. From her entrance to her look Melina is a symbol of what the diva champion should be. Now, over on Smackdown, whether you buy into or not, WWE wants you to believe Michelle McCool is a superb wrestler. That's why who ever holds the Women's title, is usually made out to be great in the ring or dominate.

If WWE treats the Diva's championship as a mid-card title, then where does that leave Melina? I think she will be on Raw for a while because she has already feuded with McCool and Beth so many times. Melina is the woman wrestler Raw has, as far as ring work, charisma, and character go. I wouldn't to see her jobbing to Kelly Kelly or Alica Fox.

Good point, but given the female roster on Raw.... I think they might begin using the Divas Championship as test runs for the Womens Championship because the women on Smackdown are so much more talented, along with having the more important belt. Melina will likely lose the title to Maryse. I'm hoping for Kelly to get a shot after that.

Most fans don't view the belts as equal, even I don't and I'm one of the few actually defending the importance of the Divas Championship. Why else would they put the wrestling divas on Smackdown and the less talented ones alongside a few up-and-comers on Raw? The future of the division (Kelly, Eve, Maryse) should have a belt to fight for even though they might not be ready to be the top girl in the federation.

WWE either wants us to view the belts equally, or for one to be the top and the other a midcard. It's something to think about. Either way.... they need the second title so that we don't have divas jumping brands every other week because there are so many now.

I just find it incredibly pointless to have a second championship belt for the divas in WWE when they don't even have enough talented Divas for one. The Womens championship should be defended on both shows and the Divas title should be scrapped. It's a waste of everyone's time. The Divas on Raw should stick to walking people to the ring because the talented ladies are on Smackdown and in TNA.

Heres how i see it... its a championship for the Divas.. i dont hate it and see why it is there, i don't feel that it is being used right but still, its a build up belt!.. for Divas to fued with and hold that arn't big enough to compete for the Womens Championship..

Heres a list of the champs & challengers for the Womens & Divas Belt in the last couple of months..... (some of them)

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
*Maryse, Alicia Fox, Kelly Kelly, Jillian, Maria (Mickie & Melina holding the belt is a way of giving the belt abit of honour and to help out younger talent)

WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP
*Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool, Melina.. (All the champs & challengers are good wrestlers and the womens title usually isn't used to build up talent)

Yeah, so i feel the purpose of the belt is right!.. but just the way its being used probably isnt!..

Why do we hate the Diva's Championship? How about because it's a pathetic joke and the division is one of the biggest jokes in professional wrestling history? How's that sound?

Seriously, women's wrestling in America is such a sad, sad joke and has been for over a decade now, and the "Diva's Championship" exemplifies everything that is wrong with modern women's "wrestling" (if you can even call it that). These are supposed to be WRESTLERS, not fucking "Divas". You think The Fabulous Moolah was a "Diva"? Hell no, she was a tough and busted woman who'd sooner kick you in the face than be called a "diva". You think Aja Kong or Manami Toyota would want to be called "divas"? Odds are most of you don't even know who those women are, which may be the saddest thing of all here.

Why do we hate the Diva's Championship? Because the wrestling matches are so abysmal, it's actually insulting. The women for the most part have absolutely no wrestling skills whatsoever, and they solely exist for sex appeal. Which explains why the title is called the "Diva's" championship and has a fucking butterfly on it. Might as well just slap some spoons on that bitch and call it the Housewife World Title!

Why do we hate the Diva's championship? Tell you what, go watch some joshi, and that should answer all of your questions.

I could not have said it any better then X. I hate the divas championship because it's such a pathetic and stupid looking championship, I don't see how anyone could want to fight for it. It looks like a toy that would be used for the WWE to appeal to the little pre-pubescent girlies.

The division itself is a joke, most of the women can't even put on a decent match. Most of the women in the division are just pure looks, and are there for the sex appeal. If you could have a division with the women in my sig, Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, Trish Stratus, and some of the women from the past couple of years, such as Lita and Chyna, then maybe I would find the division to be respectable again. But right now, I cannot stand it, and will not enjoy it until I see them putting on good matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back