Why do people hate the "Diva's Championship"?

How do you feel about the Diva's Championship

• I hate it.

• I don't like it, but WWE should keep it.

• I like it.

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
A lot of people seem to think that the Diva's Championship is ugly or that it looks stupid, I want to know WHY you think so. Don't just say "I hate it because it's ugly", give me a legitimate reason for why you dislike it.

Since few people stick up for the Diva's Championship on here.... I'm willing to debate with anyone who can give me a good argument for why they dislike it so much.

So, let's hear it. Do you like the look of the Diva's Championship or not, and why?

I don't care about how the championship looks. I mean sure, it looks kind of stupid and toy-like, but I really hate it just for being created. I firmly beileve they should have just stuck to having the Women's Championship and that's it. They didn't need another championship, as feuds are rarely taking place over the belt anyway. Besides, with all the cross brand action that occurs, I'm Vince would allow all the divas to go from show to show and wrestle on them and for the championship.

To me it's not a bad design itself its the colour scheme that I don't like, it looks like a feminised version of the WWE championship from the early 90s to me, however I feel the pink instantly discredits it, I know pink's a girly colour but it just throws me off. What I would do is change the pink to gold and have pink on the ribbon that says champion with a few pink lines going around it, that to me would make it look credible and give it a girly feel

I am not being funny, if I was girl (if only. . .) and I was a wrestler, I'd far rather have the Diva's championship, it's got butterflies and shit on it. I suppose that means I dont hate the Diva's championship, well, it serves a purpose, certainly more than the CW title did towards the end.

Firstly, why do you like it? Please clarify this ASAP.

I personally don't see anything with it, but I can understand why some hardcore wrestling fans would hate it. The belt's front piece is shaped like a butterfly, it's covered in purple, and it has "Diva's" written on it in weird, slanted lettering. If I actually thought that women's wrestling in WWE should be taken seriously, then I would be offended by this type of belt. These women knee, slam, and elbow each other on sweat- and oil-stained mat; why should they be trying to accentuate their femininity with a belt like this when they are about to do very non-feminine things?

τδιγλε;1576413 said:
Firstly, why do you like it? Please clarify this ASAP.

I personally don't see anything with it, but I can understand why some hardcore wrestling fans would hate it. The belt's front piece is shaped like a butterfly, it's covered in purple, and it has "Diva's" written on it in weird, slanted lettering. If I actually thought that women's wrestling in WWE should be taken seriously, then I would be offended by this type of belt. These women knee, slam, and elbow each other on sweat- and oil-stained mat; why should they be trying to accentuate their femininity with a belt like this when they are about to do very non-feminine things?

I like the design, and I realize that puts me in a minority on these forums. Don't get me wrong, I like the Women's Championship more.... but it is good that the Diva's Championship looks the way it does because it looks exactly like a championship for "divas" would be expected to look. It isn't oldschool like the Women's Championship and therefore perfect for the "model" divas while the women can actually do great in the ring can aim for the Women's Championship instead.

Yes, Pink is a stereotypical color.... but this design just works. That belt is SUPPOSED to look girly, and I like it because it (along with the WWE Championship) stand out when all the titles are viewed together. They need more unique belts.

I don't care about how the championship looks. I mean sure, it looks kind of stupid and toy-like, but I really hate it just for being created. I firmly beileve they should have just stuck to having the Women's Championship and that's it. They didn't need another championship, as feuds are rarely taking place over the belt anyway. Besides, with all the cross brand action that occurs, I'm Vince would allow all the divas to go from show to show and wrestle on them and for the championship.

I figured somebody was going to make that point. I think that creating a second championship for the women was one of the best ideas WWE has had in a long time because up until then the Smackdown divas did not have a championship to fight for unless they were allowed to cross over to Raw for a few weeks to feud with the current Women's Champion who already had a roster of divas to take on.

Now the Diva's Championship has been moved to Raw a while back to help build its prestige since Raw is the flagship show. This is proof that WWE wants to keep the Diva's Championship in the long run.

My defence against your point is that they need to have 2 championships for the divas division of each brand if they are going to have a world title and a midcard title on both Raw and Smackdown. It's only fair, and I'm glad they did that.

I wouldn't be against it being unified with the Women's Championship at some point.... but until that happens, we have a Diva's Championship too. Like I said in the original post, I like it and am willing to debate against those who don't because it seems that too many people dislike it.

On a VERY ironic note, once I post this I will have earned the rank of "Diva's Champion" on here.

I do not like the Divas championships appearance because it features a butterfly. When I think wrestling CHAMPIONSHIP belts, I think of gold and elaborate, not silver, pink and goofy looking. This is the same reason that I'm not crazy about the new ECW belt. I had no problem with replacing the old one, I just didn't like it being silver. It gives me the impression of second best (which the ECW still is to the WWE and WHC) which I feel just shouldn't happen.

But to reaffirm my answer, I do not like the Diva's title because, as said before, it looks like a toy. Stupid butterfly. :)

I do not like the Divas championships appearance because it features a butterfly. When I think wrestling CHAMPIONSHIP belts, I think of gold and elaborate, not silver, pink and goofy looking. This is the same reason that I'm not crazy about the new ECW belt. I had no problem with replacing the old one, I just didn't like it being silver. It gives me the impression of second best (which the ECW still is to the WWE and WHC) which I feel just shouldn't happen.

Good point, but don't you think it's good that the WWE, ECW, and Diva's Championships can easily stand out from the other titles now because of their unique looks? I would be in favor of every belt looking a little more different than the others. That's just my opinion though.

But to reaffirm my answer, I do not like the Diva's title because, as said before, it looks like a toy. Stupid butterfly. :)

Yeah, that's a good point too. However, it is justified that some of the belts look like "toys" because then more little kids will buy them, which makes an enormous amount of money for WWE. I bet there are lots of young girls who would want a toy replica of the Diva's Championship and Women's Championship.... just like how the boys want replicas of the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships.

I don't know why people hate this belt. It isn't ugly it is pretty you guys are just used to seeing the womans championship belt. I think that the divas belt was a good idea as a matter of fact before they thought of the idea I thought it would be cool to have a divas title and I was going to write it in. Well now divas on Smackdown have a purpose for wrestling becasue they are wrestling for a chance to win a title. This now gives more divas a chance to hold gold that wouldn't have before so this title just adds a better chance for divas to win a title I mean seriously one title for 15 divas. This title is just better for everyone.

I really can't believe people are bitching over how the belt looks over the name of it. There should be a second title for Divas, as a secondary-like the U.S. and the Intercontinental belts. The winner of that belt should be number one contender for the Woman's Title.

The problem I have with it is it's stupid name...the Diva's Championship. The name is degrading as well as it's holders like Maryse who are model like and have no ring talent. It's like the belt for dummies. Make it legit and have real wrestlers vie for it...that whole belt and what it's turned into just pisses me off.
That's enough venting on this one...next...

Glad someone brought up the ECW joke belt. My buddies and I are always making fun of the "Tin" Championship. If you want titles to be legit, make them legit. That silver/tin/aluminum belt is embarrassing and being a world title, it should have respect...oh that's right, WWE has absolutely no respect for ECW. Has anyone else noticed that when the 3 title holders are together, the other 2 look at the ECW as less than theirs?

I think that the new Divas title looks kind of "too girly" for wrestlers. It just gives TNA another thing to make fun of. But on the plus side, it is good to have another title for the Women's division because of all the female wrestlers.

At the end of the day the look of the belt doesn't really matter, but all in all the Diva's championship has just got to go.

First lets just look at the cosmetics. The belt itself looks like it was won at 6 flags or something, it almost looks like a prize out of cracker jack box, it just looks extremely fake. When you look at the World Heavyweight title it looks like it is actually worth something, its gold, looks nice, looks like something a champion would be proud to wear around their waist.

The divas title however looks like a kid made it, it is shaped like a butterfly (sorry, but when I think of wrestling I don't think of butterflies), has the Diva logo (which is fine, but purple just don't go with silver), and most of all, looks nothing like a real title belt (its not gold (which is a person bias for me), it doesn't really look like a title belt (looks more like a belt with a fancy gay buckle), ect.)

But MOST of all, the WWE does not have enough credible divas to constitute having 2 belts, so their should only be 1 Belt for the women (I'm not a big fan of 2 world titles either, but at least they have enough bodies to constitute having 2). There are less than 20 divas on the entire roster, how can a division of 20 girls have 2 belts, too many titles make the titles meaningless, and if no one cares who is champ, than what is the point of even having belts?

A true diva would never wrestle or compete in such a savage sport. So the whole idea of a "diva" championship is ridiculous. WWE have so many women there for looks and without athletic talent, I guess they just need for them to do something. Not just be valets or out there shaking their jugs. WWE accumulated so many pretty ladies that it was only a matter of time that they had a division for the divas. It's obvious that some of these women cant wrestle with Beth Phoenix or Mickie James, so a title and division for them was the right move. But it's really pointless to even follow the storylines, because you wont remember what happened by the time the show is over. It's just filler and gratuitous tits and ass. The matches and spots are terrible. Almost insulting to the women that wrestled in the past.

As for the look the title. It's pretty ugly. Pink on a wrestling championship is a turnoff.

I ,personally, like the concept of the Diva's championship. It about modernizing things.The name itself makes much more sense considering that the women are called DIVAS.

As for the look, let's be honest , are guys ever really going to be able to judge this fairly.The title is meant for women.Shouldn't it have a more feminine look?

And just to elaborate on what i said earlier,the title is much more of a modern concept because most of the divas mowadys are very much more in the beauty department opposed to the wrestling one.What should really be done is put the real female wrestlers on smackdown. Have them compete for the women's title.Than put the more looks oriented women on raw to compete for the divas title.

The only question left is where does Maryse go???

I hate the belt for two reasons:

1. It looks HORRIBLE. It's the shape of a big, purple butterfly for god's sake. Did Mattel design that thing, because it looks like something 5th grade girls would fight over to put on their Barbie;not professional womens wrestlers. The women's title look like a serious, legitmate championship. And as someone said before, the name does sound a bit degrading; I mean, which sounds more prestigious, being WOMEN'S champ, or DIVA's champ.

2. It's split the women's division. There aren't that many credible women's wreslters in the WWE, but at least they only had one belt to go for, giving all the good wrestlers a chance to face each other. Also, since the women's title was only on one show, most of the capable divas were kept there. The Diva's title has diluted the division, with the good wrestlers having to be split up and mixed with the crap divas. Instead of having one decent division, we now have two average (at best) ones.

It's split the women's division. There aren't that many credible women's wreslters in the WWE, but at least they only had one belt to go for, giving all the good wrestlers a chance to face each other. Also, since the women's title was only on one show, most of the capable divas were kept there. The Diva's title has diluted the division, with the good wrestlers having to be split up and mixed with the crap divas. Instead of having one decent division, we now have two average (at best) ones.

It seems like I'm one of the few who sees the splitting of the women's division to be a good thing. Raw and Smackdown both have a world title, a midcard title, and up until recently they both had tag team titles. Why can't they both have a women's title? I understand if you guys want it to look more serious, but splitting the divas division was a good thing because the women on Smackdown at the time had no belt to fight over, and now they have the Women's Championship while Raw has the Diva's Championship. It is only fair for both rosters of divas to have a belt to fight for because there is a world and midcard title on both brands, it's fair for the divas to have two too.

It seems like I'm one of the few who sees the splitting of the women's division to be a good thing. Raw and Smackdown both have a world title, a midcard title, and up until recently they both had tag team titles. Why can't they both have a women's title? I understand if you guys want it to look more serious, but splitting the divas division was a good thing because the women on Smackdown at the time had no belt to fight over, and now they have the Women's Championship while Raw has the Diva's Championship. It is only fair for both rosters of divas to have a belt to fight for because there is a world and midcard title on both brands, it's fair for the divas to have two too.

I understand where you're coming from, but splitting the women keeps all the good divas away from each other and water's down the division. I mean, the only legit challenger to Michelle on Smackdown is Mickie and half of the reason for that is because she's the only face big enough. After her there's....Maria? Same with Raw, you got Melina and Mayrse as the only credible contenders for the belt (I wish I could add Gail Kim, but she may never get a shot at this rate).

If they were all on the same show with one belt, you could have all the good divas fight for the belt and have the lesser ones fight each other to improve or something.

I understand where you're coming from, but splitting the women keeps all the good divas away from each other and water's down the division. I mean, the only legit challenger to Michelle on Smackdown is Mickie and half of the reason for that is because she's the only face big enough. After her there's....Maria? Same with Raw, you got Melina and Mayrse as the only credible contenders for the belt (I wish I could add Gail Kim, but she may never get a shot at this rate).

If they were all on the same show with one belt, you could have all the good divas fight for the belt and have the lesser ones fight each other to improve or something.

You make a valid point as well. There are more potential contenders for Michelle on Smackdown though. They could eventually turn Beth or Natalya face, if they wanted to keep Michelle as champion for such a long time. That's far better than Maria because they can actually put on a good match and I think that if Mickie loses this feud with Michelle then turning Beth or Natalya face would work for whoever is next.

As for the Raw divas.... They do not have as much talent as the Smackdown ones do, but they do have potential. Maryse is back and will hopefully become champion again. Then you've got the likely candidates for the next Trish and Lita in Kelly and Eve. Give those two a little more time to train and you have the future of the division right there.

They just have to get a little more creative and both division can work. As long as they keep going the way they have, then splitting the divas division this way was still a brilliant idea. Some people don't support it yet, but in the long run it is going to be for the best for the Raw divas because they will not have to cross over to Smackdown for a title shot.

Well, I admit that how the title looks is a minor reason why I don't care for it but it's not really any sor tof significant reason as to why I dislike it.

For me, I primarily dislike the title because I see absolutely no reason for it to exist. We all know that the women's division in the WWE is pretty much a joke. Half the Divas don't know a headlock from a breast exam and don't really contribute all that much to WWE programming at all. The WWE Women's Championship is more than enough for the Divas, since the WWE does basically nothing with the women wrestlers it has. Why have two titles on two different brands and still wind up accomplishing absolutely nothing?

If the WWE actually had a serious women's division, then my opinion of the Divas title might change since it would have some sort of purpose rather than just giving the chicks something to do. Overall, it's not really so much about the belt in and of itself as it is about the lack of anything remotely relevant that the title represents.

The main responses seem to be that people either don't like the design of the belt or they don't think there should be two women's divisions in WWE.

The design of the belt is NOT a bad idea. WWE is PG right now, which means they want kids to watch and not just as adults. I've said it in a previous post, that with the Diva's Championship looking the way it does, would make little girls want to buy replicas so they can look like the divas they look up to. The same can be said for the Women's Championship but the look of the Diva's Championship will probably appeal to more young females despite it not having a serious and old-fashioned look to it. I mean look at the WWE Championship, it is so popular with young men even though most adults prefer the traditional look of the World Championship instead. They now have two belts, one to appeal to the old fans, and one for new fans. Makes sense doesn't it?

Now onto the two divisions of divas. I have touched on this before as well. There's 2 world titles, 2 midcard titles, and there used to be 2 sets of tag team titles. There are enough divas on Raw who are good enough that it justifies having the second division. It's just a matter of WWE coming up with the right storylines and rivalries. Anything with Kelly, Eve, or Maryse would be great. The divas deserve to have 2 divisions too if the main eventers and midcarders get to have 2 divisions.

If anyone can come up with a better response than "it looks like a toy" or "there should only be one division" and WHY, then I'll gladly debate this with you because I think the Diva's Championship does not get the respect that it should

I really don't think merchandising really applies here, I mean lets face it, the amount of girls that are fans of wrestling as opposed to boys has to be about 1:500,000, I don't think little girls are going to waste their spending money on a Wrestling belt, even if it is shaped like a butterfly. I mean, I don't wanna sound sexist, but I don't think they should be marketing their merchandise towards little girls, I don't think little girls are going to buy wrestling merch unless their tomboys. I bet all of you liked wrestling when you were young, I can't remember a single girl when I was young being into wrestling, let alone buying wrestling product. Whenever I bought a belt I'd usually put it on the line in wrestling matches, doubt girls are gonna do that either. And, lol, any boy that buys the Divas belt or the Women's belt is probably gonna get their ass kicked.

So yeah the thing looks stupid, and I think its counterproductive to both the adult and pg audience. Also its completely unneccesary, they should have all the girls that know how to wrestle and want to wrestle compete for the Women's title on Raw or Smackdown(hopefully Smackdown since thats where I go for serious wrestling), and let the girls that want to wrestle but aren't good enough yet/some of the model girls, do their thing on Raw.

Also I think the term Diva is shitty. I mean when I think Diva I think bitch. TNA did a great job by coining their women as Knockouts.

I happen to like the Divas Championship and think it is awesome that two "Divas/Womens" titles exist. I mean come on, I get alot of people on here do not like or seem not to have much respect for these divas, but I happen to love their matches and respect them in some ways more than the men. I mean these women get hardly any story lines or good ones for that matter and when they do it doesnt seem to last too long anymore. And yes, they do botch up moves sometimes, but tell me dont the men do as well? I think it is more than fair to have two divas titles for the women as the men have MULTIPLE different titles they can compete for on each show. Honestly, and this will never happen. I would love to see the Divas get a tag title division as well. It'd be tight to see some of the teams and give some of the non spotlighted divas, a little more spotlight. GO Mickie at TLC! Make it 5 times!!!!

You can count the number of worthwhile Divas on one hand. WWE simply doesn't have the depth of talent to fill two divisions (let alone a tag division, man that would suck). WWE need to push a division consisting of Micke James, Jillian, Melina, Beth, McCool, Natalya, Katie Lea and maybe Kelly Kelly and Maryse. (I doubt I have forgotten anyone significant) The others should be enhancement talent.

You cannot say that TNA does much better than WWE at the moment but look and compare their depth of talent. When Alyssa Flash can barely buy a win on TV yet manages to looks awesome in every way, that is how you book a womens division. You hire talent, not bimbos.

This argument is clearly 90% based on preference. Some people like the design of the belt and some people don't. I happen to dislike the look of the title because yes, it looks "too girly." It simply does not look like a wrestler of any sort should hold a belt looking like this. Too have a butterfly shaped pink belt just looks like a joke. Maybe it is a nice design, but not for a wrestling title.

On top of this, there is no need for two titles belts (just like TNA doesn't need a womens tag title). I don't think there are enough women to justify two titles, especially when you break them up to RAW and Smackdown. Also, I'm sorry but the majority of wrestling fans simply do not care about womens wrestling. Some people might, but most don't.

Now with that said. I do understand why it exists. It exists so that there can be a Diva title holder on each brand. From a business stand point it makes sense, but as a fan, I do not like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back