• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who would you like to see cash in MITB and lose?

CelticCorey

Getting Noticed By Management
Who are some guys you would like to see cash in MITB and lose? I have two.

#1 Drew McIntyre. Drew McIntyre isn't clicking and he doesn't do it for me despite the fact that he was being billed as a future champ. I like his look. His theme music is one of the most epic in WWE. One I could imagine playing after someone just won the World Title and celebrating at Wrestlemania; but that's it. He doesn't do it for me in the ring. On the mic, at his current state, is absolutely horrific. I have seen promos of him as Drew Galloway and he was pretty good; but this man needs work.

#2 David Otunga. He is decent on the mic. That is it. I like his whole celebrity A-List attitude but he is so awful in the ring. I have no problem with guys who aren't good wrestlers holding the strap (See: Warrior, Miz, Anderson) but no. Just no for Otunga.

I'm still on the fence with Alex Riley. He is a good talker. He is better in the ring than Otunga; but I just don't see him as World Title material although sadly I can see it happening.

I also have mixed feelings on the following:

Mark Henry. I hate how he has been burying and going over younger guys like Sheamus and make Tyson Kidd/Jackson Andrews look like complete jokes; but at the same time he has more than paid his dues and due to his size would look believeable as champion.

Santino. Yes. Let the hate fest begin. Santino as World Champion would have me happy and pissed at the same time. On one hand you have an over baby face with good in ring ability and a guaranteed title reign that would not be boring; but then again, it is Santino. Maybe if someone holds it for like a year, Santino could hold it for one day and then the next night drops it to someone more credible.

If someone is going to cash in the MitB and lose, it's going to have to be someone who is already established and able to bounce back from having the stigma of being the first person to cash in MitB and losing. It could/should be someone who plays the underdog or someone who is screwed. I could see Big Show playing that person, not because he's an underdog (obviously he's not), but because he's already well established and because he can be screwed by The Corre, Nexus, or some other heel or heel faction.

Similarly, CM Punk could be a good person to lose too, especially if it's in conjunction to Nexus breaking up or the beginning of an all out Nexus/Rival Faction war. He's already used MitB successfully twice, and he's one of the top heels in the WWE today. Furthermore, it would bring more meaning to the briefcase as Punk could really get emotional about losing his chance to regain the World Title and it could be the spark that starts the final Nexus/Rival faction feud.

Why didn't you pose this question when Matt Hardy was in the WWE? Any way, I'd like to see Zack Ryder win MITB and lose, but not for the same reasons as I would have Matt. I actually like Ryder and winning MITB would get him recognition and losing would some how push his gimmick. He'd be a former #1 contender, a contender, a MITB winner, and the first to lose after cashing in. How funny.

No one. MITB should never be cashed in unsuccessfully. It should always be a guarantee that the MITB Match winner will become a future champ. Why bother to write the story of someone winning the briefcase and then not being able to become champion? Frankly, the match is one of the major highlights of Wrestlemania and it has an entire PPV dedicated to it. If anything, I'd like to see someone wait until the last possible moment to cash it in, but no one should ever lose their cash in.

My pick is Dolph Ziggler. I would like to see him win MITB at Wrestlemania, cash in the next night on RAW and lose to the WWE champion, which will more than likely be John Cena. I think if Ziggler, cashed in and lossed it would actually gain him a lot of heat. Ziggler could say that it was a fluke and he could beat Cena any day of the week. Eventually Cena could give him a re-match, and maybe Ziggler could win. I think the two of them could put on some good matches and would make for a good feud. Have Ziggler keep saying that he knows he could beat Cena but he was just nervous. Have him call Cena out every week on Smackdown like Miz did a few years ago, with Cena not showing up. Eventually Cena can show up and say if you think you can beat me, then I'll give you a re-match you been waiting for at Over the Limit, which will be the next pay per view. Ziggler can pull the upset and walk out with the WWE championship and get drafted to Raw. That kicks off a Ziggler vs Cena feud, I would love to see.

I think whomever it is would have to be a heel, and a former champion.

My pick would either be CM Punk or The Miz or Heel Edge.

The way I would like to see it done would be at next years Wrestlemania. I would like CM Punk to have a really lengthy title run (after Nexus is gone), and at Mania it would be Punk defending against the rumble winner, John Morrison.

Morrison would beat Punk finally ending his rein of terror by capturing his first WWE championship. Just when we think we're going home with a happy ending, que Miz's music. Miz would come out and hit the SCF, but Morrison kicks out at 2. After about 5 minutes of Miz dominating, Morrison hits the C4 for the win.

This accomplishes a few things.

1.) Morrison becomes a major star by beating 2 former WWE champs in 1 night.
2.) Sets up Miz vs Morrison in a main event feud.
3.) This shouldn't hurt Miz

Only way a MITB winner cash in and lost can work is if its Cena, Orton, Y2J, edge or CM punk these guys have the skills and charisma to rebound from this type of lost and not damage their careers. If some one like Santino wins it will make MITB a joke. Now this can be interesting if only 1 out of 10 winners of MITB lost the cash in match. WWe can't over do it they need to do it in the way they did the mr. Kennedy dropping his case to edge. This can keep MITB interesting and fresh. I don't think we will see another MITB ppv either. And lets remember there is nothing guarantee in life even in WWE so not all MITB winners shouldn't be a guarantee champion.

I wanna see a face win and cash in the MITB legitimately. Actually challenge an opponent in an upcoming pay per view and hype it. Like with RVD. The only real, legitimate win with the briefcase.
That aside I think Santino should win. Purely by accident. I dont know how this would go, but pure comedy against real and actual competitors but he flukes it and wins then after months of hype he finally tries the sneeky win to cash in on a beaten and bloodied oponent only to actually lose and never become champion. Its not like it would be wasted. The MITB is over done as it is with its own PPV and one for each brand plus the potential for another at Wrestlemania. With all those briefcases floating around all year why not let somebody lose. It would be funny as hell but not a legitimate superstar, somebody who can lose and it wont affect their crowd favouritism. Santino is the way to go. Other than that it would truly bury a guy and why waste all the hype just to bury someone. With Santino I think it would work in his favour.

I'd like to see Cena win MITB, then try to cash it in opportunistically only to lose. Not that I want Cena to fail but I just want see him turn heel!!! If he lost his MITB title shot he could go absolutely nuts and start smashing everyone. After that he could have a "Fuck the World" mentality and be the best heel on the roster, if not, all time!!!! Just my opinion

Sheamus or The Miz again. It will never happen because cashing in and losing would really hurt a performer. The only wrestler I could see it happening to would be Santino.

Anyone. Just the 100% guarantee you are going win is just dumb. If you win the Rumble you are not guaranteed to win the belt at Mania. You have a real good chance but not guaranteed.

The Miz, three months ago. I was really hoping he wasn't going to be champion.

But on the topic, I think Mr. MitB losing sometime soon is a necessity, otherwise it's just going to keep giving not ready midcarders guaranteed world title reigns.

I want to comment one more time.

Everyone who is saying it shouldn't happen is looking at it like this "If they cash in and fail, it will hurt them".

The way it has to happen is they cash in and loose to an up and comming face star, so even if the guy who cashed looses, it will still elevate a young star.

I would love to see John Morrison win it and then lose. He could really get over by not winning. Possibly having someone attack him, that would gain heat, and cheers. Then maybe you can actually have John Morrison win the title at the next MitB ppv.. leading to someone cashing it in again and winning. New feud AND it can put John Morrison over like it did with Jeff Hardy, except more of a storyline that you actually think he's going to win, unlike that surprise. To me, this would be a great way to see Jomo break through the ice and become a top face.

Who do I want? CM Punk. He obviously has the talent to come back from losing it. But even after losing it, it gives him more heat to get over. He can complain about it and saying it was unfair and get some good heat. Or this could set up a disbandment of Nexus, as They could intentionally cause Punk to lose, setting up a Punk V.S Nexus feud.

But who will lose if they won it?
Christian.
If and only if he were to win it. Im not saying I want Christian to lose because thats the last thing I would want him to do. But lets face it, Vince isnt too high on Christian and I dont see Christian even winning it anytime soon. I believe everyone would think Christian would win the belt and therefor it gives Vince a reason for him to lose. He'd lose and shock everyone. So if he were to win it, he'd be the first to lose.

Maybe next year, I would love to see Edge win the Money In The Bank briefcase, cash it in, and lose. I think he is the only Superstar that wouldn’t be too hurt by this storyline as far as his career goes.
First MITB winner.
First Champion to win the WWE World Title using the MITB briefcase.
First Superstar to defeat the MITB winner for the MITB briefcase.
First to cash in twice…and win the WWE World Title.
So why not be the first three time MITB briefcase holder and the first one to cash in and lose. With the lose, Edge can then turn back Heel…the way Edge is “supposed” to be.

in my opinion, i would like to see santino marella win the money in the bank match. it may seem crazy, but what i found out to be crazy is the fact that when he entered the ring when alberto del rio thought he won the royalk rumble, people stood up and cheered for this guy. i feel that it wasnt because del rio wasnt worthy enough, rather i feel the wwe universe felt that santino should have won.
Santino can then be the first person to lose the match when he cashes it in. with the loss, it can help elevate him to main event status.

in my opinion, i would like to see santino marella win the money in the bank match. it may seem crazy, but what i found out to be crazy is the fact that when he entered the ring when alberto del rio thought he won the royalk rumble, people stood up and cheered for this guy. i feel that it wasnt because del rio wasnt worthy enough, rather i feel the wwe universe felt that santino should have won.
Santino can then be the first person to lose the match when he cashes it in. with the loss, it can help elevate him to main event status.

Only reason the crowd went wild was because they didn't want Alberto Del Rio to win, now did you hear the major heat he got when he won and the shock faces in the crowd that was worth the whole ppv. I like Santino but he will never be a major player in Wrestling, he is stuck with the comedy relief gimmick and his tat's don't help either because if they try to repackage him as a mask wrestler the tat's will give him away.

the poster who said that the MiTB winner should never loose is just rediculous.thats just wrong on so many levels.Just think if some1 like JoMo losses,then fights back as a #1 contender who finally captures the gold as an extreme underdog.it could be a great way to build a face like a JoMo.

Anyways remember this post!!!If there Is a MiTB match @ MANiA this year the competitor will cash in that night or the next TV & loose
&

either at Mania but probably at the MiTB PPV Christian will win & cash in against Edge and Loose, witch will start the best 2011 fued...
---MARK MY WORDS---

as far as who i would like to see win it & loose that would be ALEX RILEY.He is not ready to be the champ,but i think he can tranistioin into main event talent in the future.it would be nice to see him get a peek at the main event,but loose.i would like Miz to be the champ and have Miz be like "i gave you a job,gave you everything you have and this is how you repay me!!"

!!JUST 1 GUY'S OPINION!!

For me it is John Cena. I know it will never ever happen but i would really like to see him devalued and lose with the Mitb case. For me i would play the scene over and over again where Cena goes to cash it in and loses :lol: I do not l;ike Cena so i would choose him to fail the Mitb cashing in process.

One guy whom I would like to see cash in on the briefcase and lose is a face Christian. I think the WWE could build up a storyline in which Christian is tormented by still being referred to as Edge's former tag team partner. Christian says that Edge is like a stigma that he cannot get rid off and that is what has stalled his career.

Then he could proceed to say that Edge defined the normal procedure for the MITB winner but he is going to be the one to go against the norm. He then challenges the World Heavyweight Champion on a PPV and competes in a great 20 minute bout only for Edge to come out and hit him with a Spear.

In this way Christian will go down as a tragic hero. He could go down as someone who came very close to proving that the MITB winner could cash in in a more honorable manner as well if he chose to do so only to be foiled by the guy who has defined the normal procedure for an MITB winner and who was, at one point, Christian's best friend.

Okay first there are two ways this could happen and not have it hurt the wrestler.

First the wrestler (would have to be a face) would challenge the champ to a legitimate match. Someone said this before but I'm repeating it. They need to be a face because If it were a heel that person would just be buried because yeah they won MITB but they just blew it. If it were a face that guy would be hailed as someone with integrity and someone trying to win the championship legitimately.

Second A heel or a face could go for the cash in and someone else comes in and screws them over. If it were a heel they could do the overdone "I was screwed and let's go to the tape" bit. If it were a face they could go to the I deserve a fair shake and I want a rematch bit.

As for who I would like to see this happen to, I think it could work for a bunch of people. Scenario 1 could work for someone like Christian, Kofi, Daniel Bryan, John Morrison are probably the best choices. Scenario 2 would work perfectly for Dolph Ziggler, especially with the antiboner (Vickie Guerrero) as his mouthpiece.

My preference would be Zack Ryder cause I'm a huge fan of his. I'm more than positive he could put on good promos and his wrestling ability is very good. He's very athletic and can put on some pretty good matches.

I would like to see someone like Morrison or Bryan win MITB at Wrestlemania and cash it in at a big PPV like Summerslam or Survivor Series against a mega star like Cena, Orton, Undertaker or Edge. It would be a loosing effort but its enough to give fans a tease what they are capable (like Benoit's Rumble loss) of and maybe enough to chase for the title again.

If someone is going to cash in the MitB and lose, it's going to have to be someone who is already established and able to bounce back from having the stigma of being the first person to cash in MitB and losing. .

I concur. I think Edge would be the best choice. He's the first person to ever cash in MITB succesfully, why not have him as the first person to unsuccessfully cash in? CM punk is another good choice as he's successfully cashed in twice as well. Neither of these men would suffer any kind of setback from losing as they've already won and succesfully cashed in several times before.

You certainly don't want to have someone like Bryan, Morrison or Ziggler be the first to fail at cashing in. Then that label would always be with them.

Although there's always been one loophole in the whole MITB cash in scenario thats bothered me. Why doesnt the champion just simply get himself intentionally DQ'D or counted out? Then again, it's wrestling. Perhaps i shouldnt ask these kinds of questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back