Who Would You Like To See As Managers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sin Cara? Should he have a manager? I'm asking you guys for some feedback on that one. I say maybe have Kevin Nash be his manager. Think about it... Sin Cara would be amazing in the ring.. and if any of the bigger guys tried to take advantage of Sin Cara, Nash would be there to help him out. However not sure how much Nash could help Sin Cara in a fight these days...

I have a good idea for Cara, why not make Tito Santana manage him? he can do the talking as he speaks both English and Spanish. Kevin Nash and Sin Cara is a really random pairing. I don't think Nash has a look of a manager, hes more of a bodyguard. well I've heard Rey Mysterio is retiring soon, so it would be interesting if he managed Cara when his career is over.

Bill Demott - He has the mouth, brains and intimidation factor to pull off a sufficient heel manager. He's also pretty witty too and has me in stitches with some of his put downs on tough enough. I'd have him manage husky harris or skip sheffield.

Paul Bearer - Bring him back and have him manage a monster tag team to feud with Kane and Undertaker (i don't think Bearer has feuded with both sons at the same time). He has that presence and aura that few managers pocess and instantly demands your attention whenever he is on screen. Paul Bearer managing The Great Khali would be amazing and i don't know why this didn't happen when khali debuted against taker as this would of made sense from a story standpoint.

Other than that, i think there needs to be new up and coming managers or potential managers as opposed to familiar old faces or retired competitors as it keeps the product fresh.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread yet (got to this party late!), so I apologize if I'm repeating some names. Having said that, I'm absolutely ecstatic if the WWE is going to start using managers again (hopefully valets will come back in fashion too).

Since managers and valets were such a staple in 1980s & 90s, it's hard to believe that the WWE is just now realizing their potential to help get the current crop of young talent over. A lot of floundering "Superstars" would doubtlessly benefit from the addition of a manager or valet. The WWE's product was primarily aimed at children in the 80s and early 90s, just like they're doing again now...so why has it taken them this long to wise up?

I'd love to see Kevin Nash get some screen/mic time. Big Sexy is absolute gold on the mic, and he's already on the roster. He could manage a heel or face, he could only help one of the struggling youngsters. Although he's been with the WWE for longer than some of the other "youth-movement" types, Chris Masters would be a perfect candidate for Big Kev to manage. I bet they have similar senses of humor, Nash would definitely be able to make Masters a "cool" heel. Diesel might make also make a good bodyguard for Ted DiBiase Jr.

Booker T needs to stop announcing, and manage someone like JTG. Is JTG still a WWE employee? I only watch Raw, and I haven't seen him in a while. Booker would be absolutely perfect to manage Cryme Tyme (however that was spelled) if Shad were to make a return...or if WWE gave a shit about the tag-division. Booker got his big break with Harlem Heat, he would obviously be a perfect fit.

James Mitchell should be on the WWE payroll as well. It's high-time that WWE goes back to more gimmicky-type wrestlers, kids eat that shit up. Cody Rhodes became a bit "dark" after his facial injury, maybe Mitchell could make him even darker. If they decide to fully transition Husky Harris into the "Axl Mulligan" (with the mask), Mitchell might be able to help Husky become this generation's Kane.

Abraham Washington would make a great manager as well. Haven't seen him on TV in a long time, but he's definitely got the gift of gab. I don't know who to pair him with, but he's money on the mic.

The Bella Twins would make great valets. The WWE kind of teased that with Daniel Bryan, I think a permanent move to managing would definitely work. John Morrison might be a good candidate for them to manage, although I did like the idea of Daniel Bryan before it was nixed. They could even manage different wrestlers, one as a face and one as a heel. Since the Bellas turned heel, they've proven themselves (at least to me) as decent on the mic. I think their mic skills might prove more useful than their in-ring work.

Again, I'm sorry if I'm repeating some of these choices. I am very happy to hear that the WWE is going to put more stock in the idea of managers. It's about time for a return to what made them so popular with the kiddies in the 80s...now if the WWE got some more gimmicky wrestlers too, they have the potential to become just as popular as the glory days of the 80s. Bravo.

Since the WWE might be getting the manager charecters back, who do you think should get a manager? Simple Question. In my opinion Zeke Jackson needs one especially now that he has left the Corre. I would really like to see Booker T as his manager because Book can talk on the mic! Sure his announcing abilities aren't that great but hey, he's been a wrestler most of his career.

Yeah, I agree with Ezekiel Jackson and also Mason Ryan. Either as a tag team or as individuals. I would like Theodore Long to manage Jackson or both Jackson and Ryan together.

I think Michael Cole will become a manager for sombody but I don't really get excited about Swagger and Cole together. I would rather Swagger turn face and Cole go on to manage a top heel. Maybe Tyler Reks or Chris Masters.

Ezekiel Jackson & Mason Ryan could both use managers. I think the Swagger/Cole combo could work, as long as it gets Cole out of the announce booth for a while. I think Drew McIntyre could use a manager, as he has really lost all his momentum, and maybe someone like William Regal could be used as a manager who refocuses him & gets him back on track. Another guy Regal could help would be Daniel Bryan, and they already have a history together. There are many different ways WWE could go with managers, I just hope they don't screw it up.

I'd love to see a return to olden days where you had families. The Hennan Family, the Fuji Family, the Hart Family (not Brett Hart's family, but Jimmy Hart's) They were called Families long before they were called "stables". Whatever you want to call them, they were excellent to launch GOOD performers into the spotlight.

Imagine (regardless what you think of her):

Vickie Guerrero with a stable of wrestlers. Pretty boy heels like Dolph, Drew, Ted DiBiase...with her built-in heat and her mouth..she could launch them all into the stratosphere if only given the chance to perform as an old-school manager.

Michael Cole with a stable. Cocky, arrogant, overlooked athletic technicians like Swagger, Daniel Bryan (at this point, he needs something), Cody Rhodes (doesn't need the help, but still), A heel John Morrison.

Booker T with a stable. Make this the minority group, just to stay on this side of racist. R-Truth, Yoshi Tatsu, Big Zeke, and somehow...Zack Ryder.

This would build instant heat for all members of the groups, allow for some great feuds, get some great mic work on the show, and open up the floodgates of talent.

Ezekiel Jackson and Mason Ryan sound like a formidable tag team. With someone in their corner like Booker T could boost them to new heights.

"Look mummy, Booker T with some random black guy and welsh idiot who we can't understand"

People recognise Booker T (the wrestler not the singer) and to see these two powerhouses next to him. Well, what could go wrong?

I think Daniel Bryan can use a manager. He is great in the ring, but he still isn't over with the fans. I have two different thoughts for him.

1.) William Regal - Have DB go on a loosing streak, and have Regal say he isn't ready for the big leagues. Have Regal mentor him and Bryan starts winning again.

2.) Micheal Cole - Have Bryan turn heel and Cole starts praising him. Have Cole and Bryan make up (instant heat on DB) and Cole can make Bryan change his attire/music/etc.

I like the Cole idea better, but DB and Regal can be a tag team if they try to bring back the division.

Well let see first would love to see Daniel Bryan get a manger possibly a William Regal and/or a Dean Malenko someone who can def push his persona forward cause the guy is best in-ring wrestler bell to bell.

Michael Cole - I don't see Michael lasting with Jack Swagger however after he splits would love to see him manage either/ or all of these superstars Alberto del Rio/ Dolph Ziggler/ and or Cody Rhodes. def has great mic skills and always gives praise to these guys with there in ring matches.

Paul Heyman- If WWE were to bring back Paul Heyman would love for him to manage alongside Kharma think would go over well as he did for Brock Lesnar as he is best shoot manager and pusher to talent in ring.

Jim Cornette One if not the second best manager is Jim Cornette I feel he would be great alongside many superstars due to his draw Drew Mcintyre Tyler Reks and even Sheamus would work well as it would be win win for both manager and wrestler.

JBL- If you would keep Ted Dibiase as heel I feel that this would be great to pair up JBL with Ted Dibiase and Alex Riley think can push these two into at least a great mid card champion and eventually WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

Well first of all I don't think Michael Hayes is a good choice for Tyson Kid because they are nothing alike. But anyways I would love to see Dean Malenko with DB like someone else said and Michael Cole for Swagger. Swagger sucks on the mic and Cole already gets Swagger heat. Also, it would be amazing to see Scott Stanford and Zack Ryder together just because they are awesome. Heel or face that pairing could work.

William Regal or JBL, Both would make excellent heel managers. They both work well on a mic, could get physical if needed and have that manager like look. They both imo could make the transition and really benefit whoever was put under their guiding arm. Regal would be great with Wade Barrett and JBL could go with just about any top heel who is in need of a mentor/mouth piece.

Sunny would be a great shout for Ryder and Hawkins. Her "diva" style would compliment them perfectly and they could even have dolph and create some sort of stable. Their feud would be perfect with a team such as Gabriel/Slater if they turned face.

Would love to see Arn Anderson come out and say that he was the man behind the Horseman and maybe it's time for them to ride again then bring down

Drew Mcintyre
Jack Swagger
Tyler Reks

He can tell them they have to earn the name horsemen and show they can work as a group and if they do that then he will find them a leader and they can ride again. After a while of working as a group he can introduce a returning John Morrison as the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back