• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will win The Divas' Title now that Melina is injured?

I don't follow the division very closely but Maryse always has my attention. In-ring she is no master but competent enough, but everything else she has down to a t I reckon. I love the way she intertwines between English and French in her promos, and her on-screen chemistry with The Miz is great. Give her the belt, stick her with The Miz and let's see what happens.

I think Maryse will and should be the next champion. She's the only decent female character on Raw and it looked like she was going to take the title from Melina in the near future anyway, so they'll probably just give it to her a little earlier than planned. Also, with Miz being US Champion and it looking like they're starting their on screen partnership back up, it makes sense for them both to have titles ala HHH/Stephanie, Santino/Beth etc, and be the egomaniacal power couple.

The only other possibilities I see are Gail Kim or Kelly Kelly, but I don't think winning a random battle royal or whatever is a good way for a babyface to win a title, it would probably be better to build up Maryse as heel champion for a while then have one of them take it from her down the line.

I think that with Bret Hart being the GM this monday, I think that Natalya will win the divas title, yes i know that would mean it would go to smackdown, but that would push the hart dynasty to be on raw more often which would push them to possibly get the Tag Titles.

The obvious option is Maryse. She is tried, tested, and pretty much the most accomplished female performer on Raw, and they appeared to be moving in that direction anyway. I think the only other real alternative is Gail Kim, but she has flattered to deceive since returning from TNA, if we're completely honest. With Micke James and now Melina gone, it's a toss up between Kim and Kelly for who will be the challenger. Kim would be fine, but I wouldn't like to see Kelly Kelly really. I'd prefer Eve to Kelly, to be frank, as she has improved dramatically recently. An outside chance for championis Alicia Fox, who they appeared to be heavily pushing when Maryse first got injured. I doubt it though, as she too flattered to deceive.

To me, Maryse should be the only option. She's been Divas Champ before, and it seemed like she would be winning the belt in a few weeks anyways. While Divas like Eve and Kelly can work on improving more, she can hold the belt for a while then drop to one of them when they're ready.

If anyone should have it, it should be Maryse. She has looked pretty good since she came back from her injury, and it only makes sense that Melina puts Maryse over as they have been feuding. Maryse as champion leaves her the ability to feud with Kelly Kelly, and I think that would be important for Kelly Kelly.

Kelly has already had a shot at maryse when maryse was champ if I can recall. Maryse has practically built so much heat with melina that wwe has to put the title with her. Or then again, take beth out of SD for a little, and she will and could win the royal for the title. Just some suggestions. However, Beth has had some shots at the title. so y not give it to her

Maryse should get the title-she's the dominant heel and actually has a personality. Her recent fued with Melina is the perfect set up for the title switch. Depending on how hurt Melina is in actuality, they could either make it an attack by Maryse backstage or on the way to the ring. I could also see the royal rumble match. Kellly could be the number one contender after the belt goes back on Maryse. (Gail Kim has been so underused that I really don't think she's going to get a shot any time soon.)

I do think the idea that others have suggested on here of having Brett Hart bring Natalya in for a shot is a good one, but it just seems too creative for WWE to actually do. Guess we'll just have to turn in Monday to find out..

Though I'm a Melina fan & hate that she is hurt, I think this could be a good opportunity to shake things up a bit in the women's division on Raw.

Based on wrestling ability and potential alone, the people who deserve this title are:
1) Maryse
2) Gail Kim
3) Mickie James
4) Katie Lea

Considering that Mickie James and Katie Lea are on Smackdown! and ECW, respectively, and Gail Kim is face, Maryse would be the only logical choice, plus she was feuding with Melina before her injury, anyway.

I would actually enjoy seeing gail have a title run. She has tremendus athleticism, she knows how to wrestle, (She may not have the looks for it though,) and then add her with maryse in a feud. I dont wanna see gail as a dominate champ. just as a short term champ, let her lose to maryse, and then have them feud for a bit. OR you can get maryse extremely heel, and have a little bit of heat (she would have alot if it wasnt for her looks) by having her win the title, bragging that she was the only diva to win the title twice, and have gail or mickie win the title back.

Hopefully Marsye. I think she is the only raw diva who can hold it conincingly apart from melina. Plus she isnt to bad in the ring and has proved she is good enough to hold the belt.

I don't even think there's a choice here. It has to be Maryse. She's the only Diva that's really recognizable besides Melina, it seems all the other Divas on Raw are just involved in stupid backstage segments and comedy matches. Maryse is a decent heel, she's alright in the ring, and most importantly she's damn sexy.

Wrestlezone recently reported that Melina will be at Raw tommorow which got me thinking "how is WWE gonna sell Melina's injury?

Are they just going to tell everyone that she's torn her ACL or are they going to try to sell a car accident type of angle? I think they're just going to go straight out there and tell everyone just like they did with Edge because what would be the point of hiding it?

There are two ways that the WWE can do this Dejan:

1) If they want to continue the storyline between Melina and Maryse, they should let the two have a match where Maryse brutally attacks Melina and renders her injured so she has an excuse to go under the knife. Maryse will also get some pretty good heat on her considering that Melina is the most over diva on the RAW roster (besides Kelly).

2) If the WWE has no plans for Melina/Maryse, the best option would be for her to walk out and say "I got to get surgery." It's a quick easy solution to the matter and it offers the possibility of handing over the title to create a mini-tournament or something. No credibility is lost.

If I were the E, I'd say go for the first option as it gives something for the fans to care about. A speech with Melina would bore people as there is not enough interest in the diva's division to do one, possibly allowing viewers to switch over to watch TNA Impact. I have done my ACL myself and if you take proper care of your knee, you could be up and doing stuff like wrestling within a week. Since I am guessing guys in the WWE have good doctors/physiotherapists to heal her knee, she could easily work one match. It's not like she is going to ACL again in the same knee.

But all in all, Maryse should have a part in this somewhere so she can sometime take the Diva's Title and put it around her waist. She is a great character that not many diva's have done to keep the audience interested, and she is what you'd call a contender for a title named the Diva's Championship. Let's hope the WWE know how to use her correctly, because there are a crapload of faces on the roster she could feud with.

Maryse is getting the title for sure, especially with the feud between her and Melina they've been setting up on RAW for the past month or so which has made it kind of obvious who the number one contender and next title holder is. I'd say Maryse either way though since I'm also from Montreal Canada and I want to see our own Maryse represent for all the peeps here in Quebec.

Hey guys =)

I read that the Hard Dynasty is scheduled to be on Raw tonight and perhaps draft them completely to Monday night. Perhaps Nattie will get a title shot. She would deserve it after losing to skinny McUncool 2 year ago in this f*cking ankle lock.

Well, if Melina can almost work a match, Maryse would be the way to go.

If they say that Melina got injured and she has to relinguish the title and they have a battle royal, like EnglishControlWwe said, this would be the perfect opportunity to to turn face and make champion to Katie Lea. She would be a nice champion, heel or face, she can actually wrestle and is not really sloppy (kelly Kelly has gotten better but still is very sloopy and sometimes does not know how to carry her offense move set, in this case Eve with less experience has become better), she is good on the mic, and has the looks of a champion.

If not Katie, in a dream world it would be nice to see Gail get the belt, for real the girl is good but has been treated like a jobber, with Katie it has been worse since she has been treated sometimes like a jobber (who in their right mind would put the Bellas over her? seriously, I mean this is the kind of shit that lead Victoria to leave) or vallet of a jobber, which is worse.

Any way if there are no trades and rumor is true that Katie is heading to Raw, the interaction between Maryse, Gail and Katie could be good and finally give match that last more than 2 minutes.

It will go to Maryse, which means on one brand we'll have a vain, self-centred, malicious bitch from hell as champion, and on the other main brand, we'll have all the Piggie James nonsense.

What a fine example the WWE continues to set for young women the world over...

Okay so now that Melina's torn ACL has been confirmed Who do you think will win the divas tittle? How do you think the winner will be crowned?

I personally think there will be a divas battle royal to crown a new winner. There are three people I would like to see win this tittle.

Kelly Kelly, Shes been performing well for the past few weeks, she has the look and she has the ability and she has great potential.

Maryse, Yes I know shes already won it. But before Melina was injured there was a feud building up on raw. Maryse is the top heel diva on raw and two faces winning it in a row just doesn't seem right so there is a good chance she will win

Eve, She is trained in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and holds a blue belt. Eve has great potential Like Kelly Kelly she has the look and she has the ability. While on Smackdown she was given a slight push. Since then she has been traded to Raw and has been thrown into a relationship with Chris Masters which I think is absolutely stupid. All shes does is sit ringside and look excited when he locks the master lock in or when his Tits dance. She has so much potential but she isn't being pushed.

Thoughts

I think they will give the title to Maryse. I mean after coming back from injury she has been on a roll on the mic and in the ring and it would be just the right reward for her to become Divas champion. I cannot imagine anyone else that is actually worthy of it. I still think Kelly Kelly needs work and Jillian, well...I just don't think that she is good enough.

They were going to probably give Maryse the title anyway, it is a shame she will get it on these terms, but life will go on in the WWE. I don't think it will damage her or the Divas title in the process.

I actually found it funny how all of the sudden, The WWE actually cares about the Divas title. If they weren't going head to head against TNA tonight do you think they would have even mention that Melina was injured and that they were starting a 8 divas tournament for the title. Hell No, they would just have Maryse attack Melina from behind and have Melina stay on the sideline until she's able to return with the Divas titles like they did With Maryse last year.

The WWE wants to embarrass TNA by having this tournament and saying that their Divas are getting better ratings then the Knockouts, that's the real reason behind this tournament. HAs for who will be the next divas champion, unless they decides to surprise us, i will say Maryse since i'm guessing she was supposed to beat Melina for the title eventually.

I am stoked to see this tournament happen actually. It is a much NEEDED push for the Divas title/womens division on Raw. I have this sinking feeling Maryse is going to win the title in the end of it all, but Id like to see a different ending. I would REALLY love to see Miss Jillian Hall win back the title for a second time and hold onto it this time. I agree with some last posts saying she would be great and is the only diva with A REAL WORKING GIMMICK, whether or not you like it, it works! The audience reaction to her is always a good boo, though I love her. I would also love to see Katie Lea come back as a face and a shocker and winning the title. Dont think this will happen, but the lady can wrestle and deserves her push. And speaking of pushes Id love to see Gail Kim win it too. Poor lady can wrestle quite well and is one of the better ones, yet has sat on the sidelines since her return to the WWE. If any of those happen, Id love it. But like I said, me thinks Morris(love it EVE) is going to win it

Was is just me or were most parts of the show just boring? Why just mentioning that Melina is injured? Why didn't they let Maryse or an unknown person (later known to be Maryse or even Katie) attack her?

Sometimes I don't know what's going on in their minds. There are so many ways to sell her injury and what are they doing? "Melina is injured, tournament." They could've done the tournament after Melina was attacked -.-

I was surprised that they are doing this tournament, as I thought they were going to just do a battle royal or something to find the new Divas Champion tonight. The tournament should lead to a few interesting matches and it will be good for the divas because it will show that their characters' care about winning the Divas Championship. I expect Maryse to win in the end. She could have just won the title tonight in a battle royal, but the tournament is a better route because it makes the division and championship look more important.

I think it's too obvious for Maryse to win because she's be causing a stir lately.
It will go to someone else (Gail, Eve, or Kelly)
Gail has the talent (though her workrate is super slow compared to her first WWE run)
Eve is consistent and really popular IMO and isn't the arm candy character like the bella's (maybe I'm biased towards Eve because I think she's gorgeous and hilarious and improving A LOT)
Kelly is the most popular diva in a long time...for obvious reasons. But she is a fun character and has improved slowly.

6 Divas are left after Maryse won the 1st match. Who do we have:

- Gail
good in ring work but burried as a jobber in WWE.

- Kelly Kelly
In my opinion her character is more than boring and she can't cut any promos properly. She would be my last choice.

- Nikki
Not bad but not that good either.

- Jillian
She would be a good Diva's Champ if she's getting the opportunity (and not just for 3 Mins). Just give her a gimmick change, less make up, etc.

- Eve
If it's not going to be Maryse to win the title it should be her. She's the only Diva Search Winner who actually can wrestle the basic moves. Compare her with Layla o_O

- Alicia
She had a lot of opportunities in the past, so get back in the queue, girl.

But I still think it's possible that the Hart Dynasty is coming to Raw and that Nattie is winning the belt (instead of Nikki's match. Bree's was boring so I don't think they'll do the same shit twice).

No doubt about it, it has to be Maryse. She's the dominant diva in the WWE today, with or without Melina. She's improved dramatically in the ring, she's sexy as hell, she's a tremendous heel, and there's really no one else on RAW even close to her. Give her the belt and build upon the chemistry between herself and the Miz, it's gold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back