• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Melina is BETTER than McCool

I like McCool, she entertains me. Isn't that what wrestling is all about? Who entertains you the most?

"Oh, I really like Vladimir Kozlov because he can wrestle very well."
^ Do you see how dumb that sounds? (No offense to any VK fans) Do I think he deserves a chance to be in the more upper mid card level? Of course! But does he entertain me? No.

I will admit, that yes, Melina's scream is very annoying.

Melina is not a very good wrestler, neither is McCool. They are no Trish Stratus or Lita or even Beth Phoenix. Hell, Serena, Tamina and Natalya are waaay better then McCool or Melina. So saying Melina is a "good wrestler" isn't very accurate.

If Melina entertains you more, then fine. Sure, whatever. But, trying to change peoples minds, never works. :|

Oh,
you mean emotion,
Call me silly but I like that out of my divas,
It's way better than:
OMG we won again,
YAY!,
This is the WWE not Disney Channel

a little to emotional if you ask me, she knows how the outcome is gonna be waaaaaay before... she has cried everytime she has won the belt, ok n if thats not bad she crys everytime she wins a match on raw or smackdown or whereever she is wrestling.... CRY ME A RIVER and wwe is pretty much getting to the disney channel level one step at a time:lmao::lmao:

I guess I can try and decipher through this horribly constructed post and get to the heart of the matter.

LayCool is 100 times better than Melina. LayCool is more interesting and brought life to the divas division. How did Mickie James get so beloved as she did in the last few months of her career - by feuding with LayCool. Melina is alright but she just screams average in every way to me. I would say she should put over divas but there's not that many to put over who aren't already over in some fashion. She would be the perfect person to put Kelly Kelly over. That is what she should do.

MJ was always beloved,
You're really giving all the credit to Lay-Cool,
They were just mouth pieces for the cruel treatment the E was giving Mickie

If you're complaining that Melina should have won the Unified Diva's Championship at Night of Champions as a reason why to say that she is better than McCool and deserve the title more, then you're an idiot. The WWE wanted to keep Michelle and Layla as a group since they are doing wonders for a very stagnant division, so by giving them two belts both of them can wear one to the ring as they have been recently doing. Can anyone say Freebird Rule for the Women's Title?

However, if we are talking about just comparing the two... you can't really say that Melina is better than McCool. Both are pretty over as faces and heels, respectively, and are on the same level when it comes to appearances. If you go with characters, Michelle plays hers much better than Melina. The only thing that makes Melina draw back to her character is the paparazzi entrance, and that's it. What does primal screaming have to do with anything? If you see McCool cut a promo, or out in the ring... you can notice she is bff's with Layla. If we are talking wrestling skills... Melina has a lot more moves in her repitore over McCool and is a pretty good worker, but the moves that Melina can pull off seemingly confuse her opponents enough to possibly botch the place up. McCool is more simplified in the ring and for the Diva's, she is much easier to wrestle.

Honestly at the moment, Michelle McCool is better than Melina for two reasons:

1) Lay-Cool
2) Other Diva Abilities

If this was the KO's where all girls were great wrestlers, you'd have Melina pulling off her moves (plus more) more efficiently that would tie them up. But McCool would still have the edge because of her character. Remember, this is professional wrestling... characters are essential.

Ok,
Though your whole first sentence was incorrect,
I like your post and you explained yourself well,
But I am going to say this one more time,
McCool is not over,
She never has been,
She's getting better w/ the MIC each and every week,
But she just can't continuously catch the fans attention

First off, I don't care if I'm called a hater or not. I for one have grown tired of Lay-Cool and find them annoying as hell. The whole "piggy James" "Smelly Kelly" "Lady Wah Wah" "Glama-Man" What is this? Kindergarten? It makes Vickie Guerrero's voice sound pleasant.

I think this whole "Co-Women's Champion" thing is stupid and I think that her being better than Melina is a joke. Michelle McCool is not better than Melina or Beth Phoenix or Mickie James when she was there. She's also not better than Natalya and the only reason she's even getting the green light and getting so much for her is because she's Taker's woman.

She is NOT a better wrestler than Melina. She shouldn't have won that belt and personally I'm again just sick of this whole Lay-Cool thing because these two Michelle and Layla are acting like the biggest brain-dead bimbos alive. This is where women's wrestling has gone, huh? God no wonder wrestling is in the crapper these days.

There's a reason Lay-Cool were the first NXT Diva pros. They are Entertaining...period. When's the last time you actually looked forward to a Diva promo or match? Imagine if Melina was Kaval's pro. He wouldn't have won. Because Melina has very little charisma. Lay-Cool mop over Melina in promos, charisma, ring ability and look. They are the best thing to happen to the Divas Division in years and in my opinion, they outshine every other diva and knockout for that matter. "Smart, sexy and powerful" aka the divas divison, belongs to Lay-Cool, not melina.

Another thing, wasn't McCool the first to hold both the womans and divas championships? And wasn't she the first divas champion? Who else deserved to be unified womans/divas champ?

Melina is not a very good wrestler, neither is McCool. They are no Trish Stratus or Lita or even Beth Phoenix. Hell, Serena, Tamina and Natalya are waaay better then McCool or Melina. So saying Melina is a "good wrestler" isn't very accurate.

What people like you don't seem to understand is that McCool is a better WRESTLER than both Trish and Lita,
Lita is thought of as a very good wrestler,
When really she's not,
She was the first woman to go Xtreme,
I'm not discounting what she did in the ring and how she reacted w/ the crowd,
But that's it.
Trish had a few good moves,
But she's not a better WRESTLER than McCool.

Ok,
Though your whole first sentence was incorrect,
I like your post and you explained yourself well,
But I am going to say this one more time,
McCool is not over,
She never has been,
She's getting better w/ the MIC each and every week,
But she just can't continuously catch the fans attention

Yes, because you really know how to construct proper sentences. Here's a tip, use the multi-quote button at the bottom of every person's post you are going to respond to. Saves you from getting the image of boosting your post count.

Michelle McCool, not all that over. Layla, same shit. Put them together and form Lay-Cool... guess what? They're over as heels as a unit. Right now, the WWE are pushing the fact that they are a cohesive unit and the gimmick that Lay-Cool has right now is doing a lot of good... currently more than Melina is getting on a consistent basis. I would rather spend my time watching a promo involving Lay-Cool than seeing Melina wrestle because the group entertains me, as well as a lot of the other people, more.

What people like you don't seem to understand is that McCool is a better WRESTLER than both Trish and Lita,
Lita is thought of as a very good wrestler,
When really she's not,
She was the first woman to go Xtreme,
I'm not discounting what she did in the ring and how she reacted w/ the crowd,
But that's it.

Congratulations, your blantant smarkiness has caused me to delurk...

First off, "wrestling" and "entertaining" are the same thing. Pro wrestling (everywhere, not just WWE) is sports entertainment, not legitament competiton like UFC or MMA. So it doesn't mean shit if one "wrestler" can do more moves than the other.

That being said Trish and Lita were both excellent wrestlers/ entertainers; Melina is pretty good herself, but I wouldn't place her on McCool's level... not right now. McCool's psychology has improved tremendously over the past few months; while Melina has remained even more stagnat in the ring than either John Morrison or MVP.

Seriously, what has Melina accomplished this year other than a shit title reign with the butterfly title? Laycool have been carrying the entire divsion ever since they formed... that's irrefutable.

McCool, hands down, was more qualified to become a unified champion over Melina... just sheerly based on everything that LayCool has accomplished recently as a unit.

I'm not just talking about heel and face,
I'm talking about crowd reactions in general,
But if you don't understand what i'm telling you,
I'll spell it out in a diffrent way for you.
When Michelle McCool was a face,
She still got horrible crowd reactions if any at all,
& Melina's heel character got a better reaction from the crowd than McCool face and heel (including Lay-Cool),
So yes my friend,
this is very elementary

I agree with you on that. McCool did improve greatly in her in-ring skills, but she even with Layla (more charismatic than McCool) can't get a decent reaction all the time.

You do know SD is taped and they usually edit the botches, boos and cheers. RAW this week and next week are taped so the reactions you see might have been edited.

We'll see on Oct 1 (or is it 8) when SD is live on Syfy if they even get a decent reaction.

The thing I don't like about McCool is that her push is most likely based on politics. She hardly loses and ALWAYS get the upperhand in her matches and feuds. She keeps wining everything! When was the last time she step down and let someone took her coveted spot?

Michelle and Melina are on equal grounds in My book.
Melina had some ring-rust but its gone now.As shown in her NOC Match Sunday.
But overall Michelle have more of an character than Melina
Melina just comes out smiling with her paparazzi cameras
Michelle may have gotten to where shes at with lots of help from her husband but she has proven that she deserves to be there.
So I say Michelle=Melina

Punkfan, why do you post every point on a different line... Learn to write a fucking sentence already.

LayCool had to keep the belts. They are being built up as the dominate heels controlling the Divas division. Having them be the ones to unify the belts helps keep that image. LayCool is belt build as the bitchy girls from like highschool who thought they where better then everyone else and would insult anyone they did not feel is on there level. They are doing that perfectly and getting massive heat for it like they are suppose to.

What I think would work pretty good now is for Kaval to keep hanging around with LayCool like he has been doing and have him win the IC title.

Also umm... Pretty sure even with Melina was a heel, she was not getting more heat then LayCool is right now like you seem to think.

The only thing I don't like about LayCool keeping the belts is now we have a unified Divas Title that is two belts and not really unified.....

You know I get exactly what you mean

I was totally expecting Melina to win the Unification match, I saw Layla and Michelle breaking up over what McCool did to Layla friday night, and Layla turning face costing Michelle the match, but I was wrong.

Melina has a better moveset, but I think in WWE, what makes a person good, is how they are on the MIC. If you don't have emotion or charisma, and you don't stumble on your words, and you either get people happy or make people's tempers flare, than you can't be good in the WWE and go far, with this said Michelle is miles ahead of any diva right now, Layla and Natalya are the only other divas capable of speaking on the mic, and I think this is why these two will skyrocket in their careers now, other than when they first started. Melina is good also, but she doesn't get people talking, It's crazy but hey Lay-Cool get people talking.

Anyways, yes maybe it should have been Melina, but she wasn't doing anything interesting, she almost did like a Cena/Edge at Survivor Series 2008 and come back right away and win the title, there was no hype built up for it, I heard Lay-Cool talking 95% more than Melina and yeah it was a "for the better choice by WWE"

Congratulations, your blantant smarkiness has caused me to delurk...

First off, "wrestling" and "entertaining" are the same thing. Pro wrestling (everywhere, not just WWE) is sports entertainment, not legitament competiton like UFC or MMA. So it doesn't mean shit if one "wrestler" can do more moves than the other.

That being said Trish and Lita were both excellent wrestlers/ entertainers; Melina is pretty good herself, but I wouldn't place her on McCool's level... not right now. McCool's psychology has improved tremendously over the past few months; while Melina has remained even more stagnat in the ring than either John Morrison or MVP.

Seriously, what has Melina accomplished this year other than a shit title reign with the butterfly title? Laycool have been carrying the entire divsion ever since they formed... that's irrefutable.

McCool, hands down, was more qualified to become a unified champion over Melina... just sheerly based on everything that LayCool has accomplished recently as a unit.

I disagree,
Wrestling and Entertaining can be the same thing,
But not always,
Maryse is a good entertainer,
But a bad wrestler

Melina is good. Damn good infact. Hell she may even be better than McCool. However, She is not better than LayCool. And That's the reason McCool won. LayCool is is the first entertaining, and dare I say marketable Diva's draw the WWE has had since Trish Stratus and Lita. NOT To compare them as equals, but I think it's safe to say LayCool is awesome. And it was a smart move to put the belts on them.

I was referring to when you said that I was saying that Melina should of won just becuase she's better than McCool,
or something along those lines.
Not your actual sentence structure.
Thanks for the tip,
I really hadn't noticed that button till now.
But if you want to continue to be pissy,
Go right ahead
;)

I'm not pissed, I'm just trying to be honest and tell you the truth of the situation... like saying this post is technically spam, but that's for the staff to decide.

Bottom line is that Melina, or any other Diva that's currently active, simply can't take over the force that is Lay-Cool. They have in-depth characters that appear when they wrestle, backstage, promo's... even when they are outside of the ring not being the focal point of the match. They're pretty good workers and have managed to gain a reaction, as well as spruce up any situation by way of entertaining us. Melina gets the fans behind her better than other Diva's and has a vast moveset, but as a character in professional wrestling... she's got no substance anymore. Why is there paparazzi taking photo's of her when she walks down to the ring when all she does in the ring is scream? Where's the movie star character gone?

All in all, Lay-Cool, which contains Michelle McCool, is simply better in professional wrestling at this point in time than Melina, thus why she is better and deserves to hold the Unified Diva's Championship.

She is a well above average wrestler, Good on the MIC, and I make her out to be like she is one of the best the WWE has to offer because she is.

Which of course would all be wrong. She's an very average wrestler, who is overrated by a lot of people. Did she not in fact botch one of her signature or finishers during her return match? Someone who's good in the ring doesn't botch.

The microphone? Hardly, she's incredibly boring on the microphone. There's like a large handful of WWE divas better than Melina on the microphone, and guess what, Michelle McCool is one of them. Michelle is red hot with her LayCool gimmick right now, which showcases that she is indeed the best thing that WWE has to offer right now.

Melina didn't bring back life because there was no life needed to be brought back

Wrong. The divas division have been pretty much dead until LayCool arrived and actually brought some interest into it. When was it that Melina was last truly active? Oh yeah, before LayCool.

I'll give it to McCool that she is/was the backbone of the Diva Division
But when Melina was there she was the heart of the diva division,
Having great feuds with Beth Phoenix and McCool,
Sure McCool looked like a gold star compared to Maryse vs K2

Only, Melina isn't the heart of the divas division. Nobody really is right now, that left with Mickie James, who were also a bigger star than Melina, and better as well, and Mickie was rather awful as well, so hardly says a lot about Melina's skills now does it?

I didn't say that she acheived her succes JUST because of the Undertaker,
But no one is going to tell me that she would of gotten ALL these huge pushes if it weren't from a nod backstage

You implied it pretty much.

Why wouldn't she? She's the best thing going on for WWE right now, with or without Undertaker she should, and most likely would've accomplished the undisputed women's champion at Night of Champions, she was more than due to get a women's championship run, and a long one at that. As well as she really made sense to become the first divas champion, because none of the other divas around at that given time truly deserved it, or needed it.

She is not a total package on the count that she gets no HEAT,
Where is the heat you speak of?
She's sooo over,
Why is there no course of boos when her song plays,
Why is the crowd silent when she speaks??
When it just take Jillian to sing a note or Melina's music to hit to get them involved

[YOUTUBE]NiDcknDX8Qc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]tiGTxhi5D_k[/YOUTUBE]

Yep, absolutely no reaction whatsoever. How wrong of me.

LayCool and Michelle in particular definitely gets a reaction, it might not be comparable to some of the male reactions (Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H, Shawn Michaels etc.) however, for a part of the divas division, she definitely gets a good reaction.

Besides, being over doesn't usually make someone better than the other.

Melina > McCool
Very Simple

But you're wrong.

I disagree,
Wrestling and Entertaining can be the same thing,
But not always,
Maryse is a good entertainer,
But a bad wrestler

Wrestling and entertainment are the same thing; if they weren't we'd be watching legitamate competiton, not pro wrestling. If its pro wrestling, its entertainment...

Maryse is a great entertainer.. thus she's a great wrestler... do you see how that works?

Its as easy as a + b = b + a...

If you don't, I suggest you do some research on Pro Wrestling 101: Terminology...

As much fun as it might have been to actually read through all the cesspool posts that filtered through this thread, I decided not to. So case in point, if I'm repeating things that have already been said, OH WELL. I only managed to get through the OP and the first poster before my eyes spread apart like Lady Gaga's vagina.

Anyway, this is my opinion on the entire Melina vs Michelle argument (because I need post points).

Melina
• Decent wrestler for Divas. We all know that the Diva division has been suffering extremely over the years because WWE management is more into finding the "good lookers" rather than the actually talented women who can pull off a show. Melina makes an excellent addition to the division. While she is not the best, she is a vast improvement to what we're currently presented with.
• She is better on the mic and in the ring than Michelle, this is true. While it could be debated amongst the fans, this is what I believe. While it's not really the draw for matches, I can honestly say that I actually bothered trying to pay attention to the Diva matches when women like Melina and Beth Phoenix were in it.
• There's no conspiracy theories around her. Many people note that Michelle is only getting the push that she is due to her relationship with the Undertaker. While this kind of has nothing to do with the matter at hand, it provides those who are watching Melina wrestle a form of release - they're not constantly badgered with rants and complaints about her "only getting her push because of..." suspicions.
• The hat she wore to SummerSlam. Enough said.

Michelle McCool
• She's dedicated to the business. There's no way she'd be in with Undertaker if she wasn't - we know he's not one to play games when it comes to the business end. Michelle McCool is the female equivalent of John Cena. Both are very dedicated and enjoy what they do, but the majority of fans absolutely hate him or her because of their in-ring performances and the situations that revolve around them. However, I learn to look past these aspects because I'm not an immature little fucktard and give them their props for their dedication.
• She's obviously not the best in the ring, but she does try. However, you'd think after being involved in the WWE for so many years, she'd be much better at selling and being on the mic. Her voice drives me absolutely insane, and it's right up there with being the most annoying next to Ms. Excuse Me. Her wrestling reminds me more of frantic scrambling to try and get moves out instead of actually wrestling. I just don't find any interest in her.
• There's too much drama and bullshit that follows her. Like stated above, she's always listed as the most undeserving Diva usually because "there's no way she'd be where she is if it wasn't for Undertaker". It may be true, it may not be. We'll never know, honestly. But she does work hard for the business, and maybe that's why she is where she is today - but her relationship with Deadman can definitely affect her stance, I have no doubt. But blaming all of her accomplishments as being purely that is ridiculous. People get tired of Michelle before they even get to see her because that's all people do is complain about her.

But those are just my opinions, of course. If I were to list one better than the other, Melina would definitely win automatically due to that giant fucking hat she wore. That's an automatic win spot for me. But Michelle...actually, I can't even think of a reason for her to top Melina in any way. I just can't stand her in the ring.

TL;DR
My verdict: Melina > Michelle

What people like you don't seem to understand is that McCool is a better WRESTLER than both Trish and Lita

Well then, describe "people like me".

McCool is NOT a better wrestler than Trish Stratus. This girl, was one of the best technical female wrestlers. Plus, you left out Melina. Probably because you know she's not as amazing as you think she is. Definitely top 3, but that's cause Trish, Lita, Mickie, Serena and MANY others are gone.

Anyways, this thread is not about if Trish and Lita are better than McCool or Melina.

Lita is thought of as a very good wrestler, When really she's not, She was the first woman to go Xtreme

Of course, and that makes her a solid entertainer.

+ This is like saying Evan Bourne isn't a good wrestler.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

It's this simple...McCool is better, in every way, than Melina. She is better in the ring, better on the mic, more charismatic, and SIGNIFICANTLY more over. You can put any diva in the ring with McCool and they will instantly get cheered simply because McCool is so loathed by the entire WWE Universe. If you'd put another heel diva in the ring with McCool, the other diva would get cheered. McCool vs Maryse, Maryse would get cheered. McCool vs Alicia Fox, Fox would get cheered. Why? Because Michelle McCool is EXTREMELY over as a heel. LayCool, as a unit, is, but McCool is the person in question so I'll only refer to specifically her. If you'd put another babyface Diva in the ring with Melina, there is a chance either of them could get cheered or booed just because I honestly don't think enough people give a shit about Melina to consistently cheer her on. McCool is better in the ring by far, that isn't even debatable, you said it yourself. McCool is better on the mic, she's better at getting her point across and again, I have to keep coming back to this, she constantly says things that draw heat, whether it's taking a random stab at a fellow diva or just saying something unison with Layla, it all draws heat because it's either annoying or mean. I didn't realize how many marks were on this site until these last few days, maybe weeks.

wow are u kidding me noway mccool is better than melina thats a joke she stinks in the ring she may have looks eventhough she looks like a toothpick but there will never be a better talent for divas like the old days in wwe now they are just looks no talent some divas have talent but are not used ie.. natalya abd iagree with statement that undertaker had somthing to do with mccools success layla is useless

Laycool is better than Melina i haven't gave a shit about her since MNM, Laycool look good dress good and personality. Now she may have gotten the laycool story bc of her relationship with taker but she made the most of it. I'dtake alicia foxx and beth phoenix over all them hoes tho.

michelle is being handed everything a diva wants and still isint over. i think layla is more ever than michelle and layla only had is a fail reign as womens champ that michelle took to win the unify tittles

Wow, that read like a Melina fan bashing Michelle McCool for no reason in what has got to be the most fucked up way imagineable, and having 90% of 5 pages worth of people disagree.

Not everyone likes who you like, get over it. Michelle is part of an angle that DOES get a great deal of reaction on SD, and Melina can not be relied upon to stay healthy and uninjured for long periods of time. Considering that Michelle is the only heel Diva who CAN wrestle at the moment, and there's a bucket load of decent face Divas, it also makes sense for MICHELLE to be the champion. (I can take or leave Layla to be honest.)

Champions are not picked based upon moves lists and obviously, not pops alone. It's clear that dedication gets you a long way in WWE, and Michelle McCool has been part of the 'E' for some time now. Melina's track record in the ring is iffy at best, and while it's great to see her stretch like a pretzel, long stretches on the injured list are going to hold you back.

Not her fault, but it happens. Michelle's always there, putting in 100%. Melina's usually at home healing and getting rusty. Michelle gets the accollades, Melina gets the pops. Just be thankful you still get to see her on TV every week, and she's not getting the Candice Michelle treatment.

My two favorite diva's getting pitted against each other :) First off, I love both McCool & Melina. Ever since MNM I was drawn to Melina, she had a great gimmick, great outfits, she was flashy, she was a bitch, and I loved her.

Michelle has grown 110% as a wrestler since she came back as the "All American Diva". She quickly worked her way up smackdown putting on good matches against Victoria, Layla, and Natayla. Hell she carried Maryse to a good match aswell.

Both diva's are probably the two overall best(and the two most favored divas right now)so it's hard to say who's better. Michelle has been give a huge push with LayCool and has taken it to a whole other level. She consistently puts on good matches, and she can draw heat(yes she can get heat, she got it with Mickie, she got it against Kelly, people hate LayCool regardless if it's go away heat or not).

Right now Melina as a face character has grown stale. She is in the "Cena" zone right now. People are hating her because of her bland face character that's getting pushed. Same thing happened to Mickie, Trish, Michelle herself ect. But let's not forget she pretty much single handedly got MNM over. She was the mouth piece, she took control of the group.

Melina was just as hated(or even more)with the crowd. She easily got more heat than Mercury/Nitro, and he stints with Foley and Cena were great entertainment. Melina as heel was very entertaining, and I feel like people forget that. She's rusty as hell in the ring, and has a stale character, but let's not forget the past.

Again both girls can bring the A game(both their matches at NOC have been good to great--more so the first one). Right now Michelle(and LayCool) are probably on top of the divas division but I wouldn't descredit Melina's work and overall talents. Right now she's just stuck in a rut, it happens.

Currently
McCool>>Melina

Overall
(Bitchy, "Most dominant diva in WWE history") Melina>"Flawless" McCool

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo