• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are You Buying Into Michelle McCool As A Dominant Champion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Dagger I went through all the divas and I have heard them all. So maybe Michelle's voice is just about her character. I'm not really a fan of Michelle I am a huge Mickie James fan instead because she is clearly better sorry but it is the truth Dagger.

What do you mean Mickie isn't improving uhhh yeah she is. She carries most of the match abd tries to make it look good when the diva she is messes up. {Michelle}

Why would Beth turn face on Smackdown she looked more domiant than ever and she looked like she was getting more into her heel character. I can't see her turning face I'll believe it when I see it. She is like Lita who was heel most if not all of her WWE career.

I'm sorry Dagger but Michelle will NEVER EVER be better than Mickie James. You are right about Beth being on a level of her own but so is Mickie and she is on a higher one then Beth is on. Mickie is still improving the other divas are just making her look bad because they can't wrestle. Michelle is improving (slowly) but again she will never be better than Mickie James sorry but thats just how it is. Saying she is going to be better than Mickie is like saying Torrie Wilson is more extreme than Lita.

I am so sick of this whole Kelly is going to be the next Trish. There is only one Trish Stratus and I don't see Kelly winning a title anytime soon Kelly isn't that great. Layla will improve just give her time okay.

Are you sure her and Palumbo split up two years ago it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Anyways you are right Mickie won't go down as one of the best WWE divas champions in history she will go down as the best Divas champion ever. Her title reign wasn't pointless. I am a big Maryse fan but it was time for her to give up the belt. Mickie title reign with the divas championship was awesome she took on any and all comers and put her title on the line more times then Michelle has in her long reign.

Well nobody can carry a division alone. (Except for Edge who carried Smackdown for at least 3 years) Mickie is getting better and so is Michelle. Mickie is clearly the best of today I mean hello she was voted the #1 female wrestler of this year. Her matches aren't getting worse they are getting better with every match.

Michelle doesn't help carry the diva division Beth, Mickie, Maryse and Melina do. Just because Mickie is shorter than all the other divas doesn't make her an underdog she is better than all of her competion. If I remeber correctly Mickie was the only one who looks dominant aganist Beth since she beat her for the WWE womans championship when nobody else could.

Maryse is a WAY better heel than Michelle McCool she actually has AWESOME mic skills. Mickie did make the matches interesting with her high risk moves unlike Michelle when I see that Michelle is wrestling I don't really care because she isn't that great of a wrestler Mickie is. I hope Michelle and Mickie are still there when I get there because I would love to fight them both and show you how weak Michelle really is.

Michelle has improved in the last few years but she needs to improve a lot more. You still haven't convinced me that she is a dominant champion. She still needs to improve her mic skills a lot and she really needs to improve her in-ring skills.

Your turn!

You can't compare Beth to Lita o_O Their style is completely different ;)

And Mickie is not carrying the matches when others mess up. Didn't you see the matches where she messed up lately? One example is the kick to Gail and Mickie's reaction on live cameras. Professional is something else.

It's good that you're a fan of her but please don't close your eyes to the obvious facts that she is getting worse since she lost her title.

So I'm going to ask the Question again, seeing as how Melina is gone for now, is McCool a dominant champion? Is she at the top of the mountain of female wrestlers in WWE now?

Please, consider two things:

1. Melina, the other women's champion in WWE is going to be out for a while now. This will lead to more spotlight being put on McCool.

2. As I said earlier, it's highly unlikely McCool drops the belt to Mickie. As far as Beth goes, I really don't know where WWE is going with her character wise. She kind of seems to be flirting with a face turn, but hasn't gone all the way there yet.

I think McCool is the lone dominant female and champion in the WWE. There really isn't anybody else you can mention who's close to her. I can't stand her on the mic, but her in-ring skills are passable enough to make her look like a dominant champion.

I thought that Michelle was the more dominant diva even before Melina got injured. She's had a longer title reign, better feuds, and is far more entertaining. Although I definitely think Michelle is the top girl now without a doubt since the female roster on Raw is without a champion right now. Also, she is improving on the mic and can continue to do so, but in terms of what she can do in the ring and her heel character, she is the top girl now. Only Beth can take that away from her at this point, which she would if she took Michelle's title.

I don't think that Mickie will get the title from Michelle either. Beth is likely going to turn face and we will get what might be the best divas feud since Trish left since Beth is the best diva and Michelle is one of the most dominant Womens Champions in recent memory because of her great title reign, great feuds, and entertaining matches.

At first I really didn't buy into Michelle McCool, but the past few weeks have proved me wrong. Picking on poor Mickie James is certainly helping, but McCool is really picking it up. Since returning from her injury she has been booked strong and has looked like the best diva we've seen in a while. I am looking forward to the potential feud with her and Beth that is building up. McCool still isn't great on the mic, but she is definitely improving. And lets not forget she is also putting Layla over in the process and giving her a nice rub, despite Layla never wins a match.

Okay Dagger I went through all the divas and I have heard them all. So maybe Michelle's voice is just about her character. I'm not really a fan of Michelle I am a huge Mickie James fan instead because she is clearly better sorry but it is the truth Dagger.

We might have to just agree to disagree there unless you are talking about mic skills alone. If Michelle can continue to improve there, she'll be better than Mickie.

What do you mean Mickie isn't improving uhhh yeah she is. She carries most of the match abd tries to make it look good when the diva she is messes up. {Michelle}

Mickie doesn't carry a match if the match is awful. She's had terrible matches all year against Gail, Maryse, and Alicia. Michelle made her match with Mickie watchable.

Why would Beth turn face on Smackdown she looked more domiant than ever and she looked like she was getting more into her heel character. I can't see her turning face I'll believe it when I see it. She is like Lita who was heel most if not all of her WWE career.

She'll turn face so that she can challenge Michelle, because we know Michelle's not turning anytime soon. They need a new top face, Mickie had her shot and lost the feud. Beth was great as a heel and also as a tweener but she deserves a face run too don't you think? Maybe she'll be more impressive as a face than you think.... although she's not like Lita. No one can touch Lita in terms of heel divas, she played the evil girl character perfectly.

'm sorry Dagger but Michelle will NEVER EVER be better than Mickie James. You are right about Beth being on a level of her own but so is Mickie and she is on a higher one then Beth is on. Mickie is still improving the other divas are just making her look bad because they can't wrestle. Michelle is improving (slowly) but again she will never be better than Mickie James sorry but thats just how it is. Saying she is going to be better than Mickie is like saying Torrie Wilson is more extreme than Lita.

Mickie may have been top tier during her Trish and Lita feuds.... but like I said in my last post, she has consistently gotten worse. Beth, on the other hand, has been top tier her entire WWE career. Michelle has also kept on improving for years. Beth's already better than Mickie ever was, and Michelle is well on her way.

I am so sick of this whole Kelly is going to be the next Trish. There is only one Trish Stratus and I don't see Kelly winning a title anytime soon Kelly isn't that great. Layla will improve just give her time okay.

Kelly has the potential to be great like Trish. That's from Pro-Wrestling Illustrated. She wants to become better and is legitimately trying to improve. Layla isn't, she has gotten worse at an even quicker rate than Mickie and she was terrible to begin with.

Are you sure her and Palumbo split up two years ago it doesn't seem like it was that long ago. Anyways you are right Mickie won't go down as one of the best WWE divas champions in history she will go down as the best Divas champion ever. Her title reign wasn't pointless. I am a big Maryse fan but it was time for her to give up the belt. Mickie title reign with the divas championship was awesome she took on any and all comers and put her title on the line more times then Michelle has in her long reign.

Yes, they split up during winter break of 2007, so it was exactly 2 years ago. Mickie's Divas Championship reign was 100% pointless. Maryse could still have given the belt up, to Melina the same night that Mickie (well, technically Jillian) did.... and you're wrong, Michelle has put her title up twice as many times as Mickie put up the Divas title. I know you like Mickie, but I'm sorry that reign was pointless. Any of those matches (except for Alicia) could have been done with Maryse still being champion.

Well nobody can carry a division alone. (Except for Edge who carried Smackdown for at least 3 years) Mickie is getting better and so is Michelle. Mickie is clearly the best of today I mean hello she was voted the #1 female wrestler of this year. Her matches aren't getting worse they are getting better with every match.

No their not. She is very sloppy in the ring now and her matches have been bad for a really long time. She has gone downhill since her feud with Beth.

Michelle doesn't help carry the diva division Beth, Mickie, Maryse and Melina do. Just because Mickie is shorter than all the other divas doesn't make her an underdog she is better than all of her competion. If I remeber correctly Mickie was the only one who looks dominant aganist Beth since she beat her for the WWE womans championship when nobody else could.

Wrong. Michelle helps carry it too, a lot more than Melina, I might add. Mickie being shorter doesn't make her an underdog. Her not being a dominant champion does. Mickie enters matches and you think she will lose. Michelle enters matches and you think she will win. Also, Mickie's victory against Beth was a fluke. No one ever looked dominant against her. Nobody.

Maryse is a WAY better heel than Michelle McCool she actually has AWESOME mic skills. Mickie did make the matches interesting with her high risk moves unlike Michelle when I see that Michelle is wrestling I don't really care because she isn't that great of a wrestler Mickie is. I hope Michelle and Mickie are still there when I get there because I would love to fight them both and show you how weak Michelle really is.

I wouldn't call Maryse's mic skills awesome, she's good though, and I'll admit she's better than Michelle. You plan do actually face them? Are you trying to become a diva? That'd be cool. I've always wanted to be a manager or something myself, I'd cut some great promos lol. That aside, Mickie hasn't made a match interesting in quite some time now.

Michelle has improved in the last few years but she needs to improve a lot more. You still haven't convinced me that she is a dominant champion. She still needs to improve her mic skills a lot and she really needs to improve her in-ring skills.

She IS a dominant champion because she has had a fantastic title reign, great feuds, and put on entertaining matches. If that's not a dominant champion, then please tell me what is. I know that she needs to improve her mic skills, but not everyone is perfect.... although Trish was almost perfect at the end of her run. Michelle can improve on the mic and is great in every other category though.

I hope we can continue debating this.

OK so what is the topic of this conversation people? Is it about Michelle McCool being a dominant champion or not? I mean come on, this whole thread is debating WHY Michelle is the best(in some opinion) and why Beth, Melina, Mickie, Maryse, etc are better. I am a huge fan of the WWE, and more so Mickie James. I think she is/was a dominant female in the WWE Divas Division and whether or not I like them So is Michelle, Beth, Maryse, and Melina. They are all the featured divas on their respective shows and all past champs. I do not HOWEVER agree with people claiming Mickie James has got out of shape and cant hold a match anymore. Thats crap, and you all know it. Just because you love Michelle, or whomever you like, doesnt mean she is any better. To each their own right? And yes, Mickie may have botched some moves in matches, but tell me WHO HASNT DONE THIS EVER??????? I'd like someone to point out the perfect wrestler to me. In reference to Mickie botching that kick to Gail Kim a few months back on Raw, it takes two to tango, and your oppponent has to be able to sell your move too or it dont look good. That was not JUST mickie messing up, so get over the messing up matches, cause they all do! I still dont think Michelle is the most dominant champ, you wanna talk a DOMINANT womens champ, I got one word for ya...................Chyna!!!!!

Well, now that we all know Melina will be on the shelf for 7 months to have surgery, and had to drop her divas title, I'm going to throw another twist into this thread. Anyone with a pair of eyes can see that Mayrse will be the next Divas champion. She'll probably hold on to the title for a long time(I wouldn't be surprised if she lost it back to Melina upon her return). Over on Smackdown, Michelle McCool is the reigning women's champion, and I think it's highly unlikely she will drop the belt to Mickie James. I've already stated in this thread, on how I think McCool is overrated as far as being "great" goes, but I think she's good enough to be considered a credible champion.

Besides Mickie and Beth, there really isn't anyone left over on Smackdown, that can be considered a good wrestler. Now that Melina is gone for a while, Raw has lost it's dominate diva. So I'm going to ask the Question again, seeing as how Melina is gone for now, is McCool a dominant champion? Is she at the top of the mountain of female wrestlers in WWE now?

Please, consider two things:

1. Melina, the other women's champion in WWE is going to be out for a while now. This will lead to more spotlight being put on McCool.

2. As I said earlier, it's highly unlikely McCool drops the belt to Mickie. As far as Beth goes, I really don't know where WWE is going with her character wise. She kind of seems to be flirting with a face turn, but hasn't gone all the way there yet.

I think McCool is the lone dominant female and champion in the WWE. There really isn't anybody else you can mention who's close to her. I can't stand her on the mic, but her in-ring skills are passable enough to make her look like a dominant champion.

Well I pretty much agree with that, characte wise, there is no more dominant diva right now in the Company.

Like you said, Maryse probably would wind the Diva's title and keep it for a while until someone on Raw steps up and if the roster remains the same there is none who can touch her, not Kelly Kelly, who might be improving but is improving really slowly, I mean I see her in a match from earlier last year and her skills remain the same, Only two females can take on Maryse for real and both has their issues, Gail Kim with her problem being in jobber mode and Katie Lea who's problem is not being officially in the roster at all.

Over Smackdown Michelle was confronted with two test and had passed the Mickie one already (very unlikely she will drop it to her, eventhough it would be the fair thing from the stand point of the Storyline they are involved in), the only woman left is Phoneix (Remember that Natalia is not wrestling full time since she is with the Hart Dinasty) and I don't see her taking it from Michelle any time soon.

Michelle like I said, might not be the best in ring performer but she is one of the two best girls that has got out from the Diva search with no previous wrestling experience (Maryse is the other). Right now she is at the top of the food chain and probably will remain at it at least until Wrestlemania.

Michelle McCool bothers me. Hell no i'm not buying it. She's not that great. She's god awful on the mic, mediocre in the ring, and just a waste of space. I don't see what the hype about her is, really. Ever since she turned heel she's just been incredibly awful, she rips off peoples finishers, and she's just.. bad. I dislike her.

Finally someone who shares my opinion =)

I like her a bit more since the Mickie angle started (but only a bit ;)). She is one of the Divas who should've been used as a Valet. Perhaps compete in some intergender or mixed tag matches.

I ask myself all the time what Finlay and other coaches are doing. They are training the Divas but some are stuck at the same level.

Michelle McCool bothers me. Hell no i'm not buying it. She's not that great. She's god awful on the mic, mediocre in the ring, and just a waste of space. I don't see what the hype about her is, really. Ever since she turned heel she's just been incredibly awful, she rips off peoples finishers, and she's just.. bad. I dislike her.

Well, I just want to point the thing with the finishers because everyone seems to jump on that one since long time ago and is starting to get stale.

From that I assume you watch TNA, and I also assume that You know that she took Angel Wings from Daniels (alling it the Wings of Love) and The Syles Clash from AJ (Calling it The Fayth Breaker). So since she took those two everyone seems to boil but none seems to complain when the Knockouts steals the finishers from WWE guys and use them as transition moves, like in the last week Taylor Wilde used The Back Stabber on April Hunter or Taylor using the Code Breaker on Awesome Kong on Monday (Not really comparing Michell with Taylor because guys, lets face it, Michelle is improving but is nowhere near Wilde, damn girl is a phenomenon in the ring), or Gail Kim while being on TNA using The spear or The Celtic Cross or The Code Breaker.

I mean she seems to become an easy target for that point but we all know that everyone uses someone else's moves and is not a good arguement anymore.

she rips off peoples finishers

This is something that I also don't like, but you have to face facts that this happens A LOT in pro wrestling. Don't know if any of you remember a guy named Chris Adams. He popularized the superkick LONG before HBK was using it win world titles. Bret Hart might be famous for using the sharpshooter, but Sting and Ronnie Garvin were using it before him, but it was called the scorpion deathlock back then.

I'm not buying into it at all. She's skinny. Like anorexic skinny (well, almost. You can see her ribs though.)Gets beat up by other divas all the time, wins her matches with interference. She's not even all that good looking, I mean her hair isn't good, and if there's anything I know, it's how to party, and hair. Her hair is awful. Those bangs, like for real? But in all seriousness, she is not good in the ring, terrible on the mic, not really pretty, and all in all mediocre. Mickie is way better. I mean, at least Maria is good to look at, but Michelle is just not really. Maybe I'm biased because I had a stepmom named Michelle and I hate her still to this day, but Mickie is better. Layla is prettier. Seriously, take the belt off her, release her, I hate her.

I have already defended Michelle in several other posts in this thread discussing why I think she is a dominant champion (anyone care to debate and prove me wrong? Doubt you can!) but I had to chime in since a new discussion seems to be starting about how she supposedly "steals finishers".

I agree with both HHHKING13 and maar130. Special moves get borrowed by other wrestlers ALL the time. It is hard to remain 100% original. Every single one of the popular finishers of today were used by someone else before, I guarantee it. If not, then they were taken by putting together parts of other finishers that someone else had used. Wrestling has been around for a long time and moves are going to be borrowed by other wrestlers. That's been going on for almost the entire time that wrestling has existed. So, that completely disproves the theory that Michelle "borrowing" moves from other wrestlers makes her not dominant. Far from it. In fact, she takes these moves and makes them her own to do a little thing called entertaining her fans, which is her job. If anything, that adds to her dominance rather than being a case against it.

Michelle McCool IS a dominant champion because she has had such a great title reign and entertaining matches/feuds along the way. I dare anyone to prove me wrong there and will gladly debate this more.

IMO I just think McCool is not in the top of the list. I think Mickie and Beth would be better than her. Granted McCool has seen her good days, but as of lately, I think she can ride the coat-tails of dating the Undertaker (if she still is) it seems like some people can get complacent at the top. I do agree she is not the best with mic skills, and her moves are equal to that of Maryse in the ring, and don't let me go there on Maryse now. lol. :p But if WWE is wanting to be SOOO family friendly and stand by their word and get rid of blood, and guts, and swear words and what have you...then why would they have a women's champ that tends to advocate that you are not accepted if you are not a size zero? :shrug: That's just something I have thought about lately. I'm not a zero, and I'm not a size 20. But I tend to think that I'd want someone who would be a little more approachable with the idea. Granted, I know its a role...but, still, sometimes there are those who tend to believe that the on screen is that of the off screen, and that can be a hard stigma to erase. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back