Who will be the first to reach or break Ric Flairs record?

I'm thinking Jeff will win it and Ric Flair will get pissed and challenge him to a match at one of the PPV's. If Flair wins, he becomes a 17-time world champion. If he loses, he can never challenge for a world title again and must retire as a wrestler FOREVER.

I'm going to have to look up ric flair's history now lol but anyways the only reason Jarrett even has that many world titles was becuase he's TNA's version of HHH

There is only like 5 guys who i see deserving of this accolade: Taker, HHH, HBK, Angle, and Sting, and i think ony HHH and Angle even have a chance of doing it. Now there r some who should but will probly never get the chance like: Daniel Bryan, Y2J, Brett Hart, and IDK writers block... lol

Ric Flair needs to retire. I mean have they every thought of the possibility a match was so intense that he could die in the ring? Like seriously the guy is too old. Its not likes hes Kevin Nash who has the size to back him up.

HHH is kind of mentoring the young guys now so that kind of leaves Angle left. I think with the position Angle has in pro wrestling hes not retiring soon he can posisbly get a few more title reigns.

Ric Flair needs to retire. I mean have they every thought of the possibility a match was so intense that he could die in the ring? Like seriously the guy is too old. Its not likes hes Kevin Nash who has the size to back him up.

HHH is kind of mentoring the young guys now so that kind of leaves Angle left. I think with the position Angle has in pro wrestling hes not retiring soon he can posisbly get a few more title reigns.

Thats cool and all but really the only young guys he cared about was sheamus, he is working in the office tho, but u can damn sure bet he will want more titles. Angle may tho be the first to do it

including the wcw internatinal heavy weight title wikipedia has Flair at 25 world titles

See, the PWI and myself aswell count the WCW International Heavyweight Title as a World Title. So technically, Flair is indeed a 25 time World Champion.

Thats cool and all but really the only young guys he cared about was sheamus, he is working in the office tho, but u can damn sure bet he will want more titles. Angle may tho be the first to do it

Yeah but Sheamus resembles HHH so much.

And yeah it most likely is 25 world title reigns but i like to think of it as jsut 16 so at least theres hope people can beat his record.

See, the PWI and myself aswell count the WCW International Heavyweight Title as a World Title. So technically, Flair is indeed a 25 time World Champion.

It would still be only 22, but wikipedia does call it the WCW international wprld title. Which caught me off guard becasue as much as i love wrestling i had never really heard of that title before

Nevermind, the PWI only considers him a 16 time World Champ but here's what I got.

10 time NWA World Heavyweight Champion
8 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion
2 time WCW International World Heavyweight Champion
2 time WWF Champion

With these, that makes him a 22 time world champion. I think the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title (which he won 3 times) is what would take him to 25.

Ric Flair was declared the first WCW World Heavyweight Champion on January 11, 1991 after defeating Sting for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Though WCW was (at that point) still a member of the NWA and the belt awarded to Flair was that of the recognized NWA World Champion, WCW considered it "their" world title as well, and the organization claimed the lineage of the NWA Championship. WCW and the NWA were two different organizations, even though they recognized the same World Champion.

Thats is from wikipedia explaining one of the titles dicrepency

Nevermind, the PWI only considers him a 16 time World Champ but here's what I got.

10 time NWA World Heavyweight Champion
8 time WCW World Heavyweight Champion
2 time WCW International World Heavyweight Champion
2 time WWF Champion

With these, that makes him a 22 time world champion. I think the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title (which he won 3 times) is what would take him to 25.

yes, exactly that is what i found but, i am finding some issues with the titles much like when christian won and they stripped him

In July 1991, Ric Flair was fired from WCW after several creative disputes with Executive Vice President Jim Herd. Although Flair was stripped of the WCW title, he took the physical belt with him when he jumped to the rival World Wrestling Federation, since WCW had not returned his $25,000 deposit on the title belt. It was customary for the man designated to be NWA World Champion to put a $25,000 deposit on the title belt, which would be paid (plus interest) back when he lost the championship. Flair appeared with the belt on WWF television and declared himself "The Real World Heavyweight Champion". Flair was still recognized for a short time after his departure from WCW as the NWA World Champion, despite WCW's stripping him of recognition of their heavyweight championship, setting up a split between the titles.

WCW created a new title belt to represent the WCW World Heavyweight Championship, which was won by Lex Luger in July. Although Luger was the WCW World Champion, the NWA continued to recognize Flair as its champion until September, when he was stripped of it for signing with the WWF. Flair never returned the belt because his deposit was never paid back. On the Ric Flair DVD he said he gave the original title belt to Triple H as a gift. However, Ric Flair also has said in a shoot interview with Highspots that Hulk Hogan has the original belt.

Here is another one

I'm really going to have to research this because I do remember there were several arguments when the titles got unified which reigns were regognized or not not so I'm not sure that's where I'm stumped.

Sting eventually won the WCW International Title from Rick Rude, only to lose it back to Rude. Rude was stripped of the title for cheating during the match and WCW officials were going to award it to Sting. Sting refused and said he wanted to win the belt in the ring against Big Van Vader, whom Rick Rude was originally slated to defend the Championship against at that same event before being struck with an injury. Sting defeated Vader at Slamboree 1994 to win the then vacant title. At that point Ric Flair had possession of the "regular" WCW World Title and it was decided that the two titles would be unified. Sting and Flair then faced off at Clash of the Champions XXVII with Flair winning the match and unifying the two championships, with the Big Gold Belt being used as the new "unified" championship.

this is the last one i am going to post, but there r many more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back