Ric Flairs Most World Title Reigns in Danger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardcore Heathen

Future Legend
Who do you think is going to Overtake Ric Flairs Record 16 time World Title Reigns in the near Future? (next 5 years)

Now before we start this I know the amount of World titles Flair has won is Shrouded in Mystery (sort of) but I'm going with 16X for this thread.
Now here are my choices going from most to least likely.
Sting (14X)
John Cena (10X)
Kurt Angle (12-13X)

So who are your choices? The first to overtake Flair BTW so John Cena may take a while but I'm certain he will do it.

the thing is when flair had his title reigns the world title actually meant something unlilke nowadays, infact wrestling meant something when flair had the titles before the days of sports entertainment when wrestling was wrestling and btw flair won more than 16 world titles but wwe only counts 16, but considering how wwe is pushing john cena faster than a fat guy pushes burgers in his mouth i will state john cena is going to win more than 16 world titles, even if its a great loss to the wreslting world him ever stepping foot in a ring, although its good for tna him wrestling in wwe LMAO

the thing is when flair had his title reigns the world title actually meant something unlilke nowadays, infact wrestling meant something when flair had the titles before the days of sports entertainment when wrestling was wrestling and btw flair won more than 16 world titles but wwe only counts 16, but considering how wwe is pushing john cena faster than a fat guy pushes burgers in his mouth i will state john cena is going to win more than 16 world titles, even if its a great loss to the wreslting world him ever stepping foot in a ring, although its good for tna him wrestling in wwe LMAO

If only I could give this post a red rep....

NOW on to to the topic at hand: Sting is at the end of his prestigious career I really don't see him holding the TNA belt anymore ,and unless him and Vince become buddy buddy no WWE strap so Sting is done... My boy JC has years in the tank 5 to be exact and if the E is truly changing I see Cena being that Main Eventer who is the most over and most talked about who don't even need the belt at that point. I see him getting 2 or 3 more reigns if this new era is true before he hits that almost time to hang up the boots phase. Kurt is done I see maybe 1 more but not 3 or 4... Who has the best chance right now? Cena but will he do it idk. To be honest I see no wrestler doing it for another half-decade and the 1 who I HAD my money on was Triple H but since he is now the Chairmen I think his World Title days are over...

:banghead:you are what annoys me most with the IWC
TNA are lucky that cenas in WWE? he outsells everyone else in both companys by miles and will continue to do so for years

Considering TNA's recent bookings, I would say Sting will have broken the "16 time" record by January of next year. To be honest, it's really quite a shame how it's going to happen, but then again every "world record" is meant to be broken... or at least attempted to be. In fact, if anything, Flair would probably be more willing to continue working a bit longer just to try and regain the record... although technically speaking, Sting's go 6 more title wins to go.

As for anyone in WWE, despite how Flair up and went to TNA the WWE higher ups and big strokers Vince, Hunter, Stephanie, HBK, Nash, Cena, and even Waltman if he matters have high respects for Flair. I seriously doubt that if Triple H doesn't break it, nobody will.

This is such a fucking stupid post. Yeah, its great for TNA that the guy who is the biggest money maker in the business works for WWE and not them....

But back to the subject in hand. I think Kurt Angle will win a couple more World Titles in TNA at least. He looks set for a reign in the near future, and I cant see him never winning the belt again after that, although he definitely doesn't have that many years left in him, he is a physical wreck and I really wonder how much longer he can go.

Sting only needs another couple to match Flair's "official" record of 16 but the guy is past 50 now and will be hanging them up in the near future. I would be surprised, but not shocked if TNA decide to push his total to 16, but I'm unsure on this one. With the frequency that TNA are changing the champion in recent months I wouldn't bet against Sting though.

The one guy in the business who will DEFINITELY go past Flair' record, injuries permitting, is John Cena. He is still pretty young, wrestles a style that is not brutal to his body with very little risk-taking or weapon shots, so he will be able to go on for years to come. He is THE top guy in the WWE and never seems to be out of the title picture, so I fully expect him to win many more titles before he retires. He will be there for a long time.

I would have put money on HHH booking himself to overtake the Naitch's total a few years ago when he was dominating the title scene in WWE, but now as he has been out of the ring for a while, has his backstage role and is now the authority figure on Raw, I can't see him getting more than 1 or 2 title reigns before he retires, maybe none at all...

If I had to choose one it would be Cena or Angle, probably Cena

-for the record, all of the world titles that ric flair has, he has 27 world title wins.... JS. wwe counts 16, im putting my money on john cena, he has 12, but only 10 are counted.

-cena has been wrestling for 9 years and is 34. cena will easily get more titles then flair, well if the wwe lets it happen and since he is their flagboy so to speak. plus he is champ once a year at least, if not twice. he is the only guy who could make a new record.

-Sting, he has 13 reigns but his career, is nearly complete. he has the rest of this year and maybe another if he chooses to come to the wwe (hey, he did say vince is why he never came to the wwe so it could happen now that trips is large and in charge)., or if sting resigned for anoher year but even then, i dont believe that he would get many more reigns in a year or so.

-kurt angle has 12, he hasnt even won a WHC since being in TNA, so unless the wwe scoops him up and treats him better then cena, i doubt he will beat flairs record.

According to Ric Flair he has 21 World Titles, and even if people do catch up to his 16, it's not like the titles are credible. In terms of the credibility of the titles, Angle and Triple H are the close to hitting 16. Sting is too but considering his last few title reigns have been cheap and only given to him to stay with TNA wouldn't put him up there.

As someone has already pointed out, Flair held the world title when a world champion traveled around the globe defending the title 320 days a year, twice on Saturday, twice on Sunday. Title reigns were often a year or longer and the significance of losing or winning the title was both historic and monumental. While you had some transitionary champions (Tommy Rich, Ronnie Garvin and Kerry Von Erich), Flair's title reigns (along with Hogan's) are the stuff of antiquity. Some come close (Austin, Hart and Undertaker come to mind), but champion's who hold the belt for longer than 3 months are perceived as "stale" due to the over saturation with PPV's and weekly shows.

Long story short -- no one should eclipse the mark because no one in the current crop of main event talent deserves to.

I can see Cena setting the new record before he retires, which won't be for a very long time. Sting or Angle might break Flair's record first.... but no matter what the record is by the time Cena reaches it, he will likely be the one to set the new standard by winning more world titles than anyone. He is already an 11 time World Champion at 34. Angle is 8 years older. Sting is 18 years older. Flair is 28 years older. I'm not saying Cena will stick around until he's Flair's age, but by the end of his career he will certainly be more than a 16 time world champion at this rate. Flair's record is in significant danger, but Cena would deserve to break it due to his unparalleled passion for the wrestling business.

I think Cena, Sting and Angle will all overtake Flair's 16 World Title reigns. But as to who does it first I think it'll be Sting as he only needs three more to overtake Flair so I can see him doing it by the end of the year if TNA keeps up what they're doing with the World Title. It's always changing hands so even if Sting overtakes Flair it will be meaningless as his last couple of reigns have been short and he has only defended the title a few times. Also like someone else said he's getting the title so he stays with the company and not that he deserves it unlike Flair who did deserve his title reigns.

That being said I believe Cena will easily overtake Sting, Flair and Angle in title reigns as he is only 34 and has already won 11 titles and it doesn't look like he'll stop adding to that any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back