Who will be the first to reach or break Ric Flairs record?

right if u guys do ur research most of the world titles today all have lineage to the NWA territories or the NWA world title

I was just making a comment on what the WWE thinks because I still consider along with the PWI and the IWC that everyone who won the ECW title in the WWE was a world champ

Well spacephoenix even though Bobby Lashley held the title what does that mean? We're not talking about Champions. We're talking about the actual prestige of the title in itself?

I know this may be off topic but I want to make a topic called "The Next" of which current superstar is the next whatever and since I can't post it in General Discussion because im not permitted on that board where do I post it?

I was just making a comment on what the WWE thinks because I still consider along with the PWI and the IWC that everyone who won the ECW title in the WWE was a world champ

Oh i understand completly i was just saying something smart too show how shallow i belive the wwe is.

It the words of one of WWE's greats... "it doesn't matter what the WWE thinks". Contrary to what vince thinks he is not the CEO of all of wrestlign that is why he doesnt even call his superstars wrestlers any more.

Nobody can base anything off of what WWE claims to be legit anymore lol I mean lets take a look through the eyes of Vince McMahon.

World Titles -The WWE championship and World Heavyweight Championship are the only ones that currently exist.

Proffesional Wrestlers-Now known as superstars or Sports Entertainers.

Proffesional Wrestling-They don't even say the name of the actual sport! Instead, it's now Sports Entertainment!!!

nbieclkl91 I couldn't agree more the WWE does have a screwed up way of thinking especially how it only considers itself the only wrestling promotion around and fails to acknowledge other world titles

Nobody can base anything off of what WWE claims to be legit anymore lol I mean lets take a look through the eyes of Vince McMahon.

World Titles -The WWE championship and World Heavyweight Championship are the only ones that currently exist.

Proffesional Wrestlers-Now known as superstars or Sports Entertainers.

Proffesional Wrestling-They don't even say the name of the actual sport! Instead, it's now Sports Entertainment!!!

LOL thats exactly what i am saying 2, The HEAVY WEIGHT title is the WCW title, and there is the TNA title ROH title and anyother wrestling promotion that is out there.

They are still wrestlers Vince is not god and cannot just say something and it changes, they have always called it sports entertainment. I dont understand where he gets his thoughts at all man he is carzy.(vince)

Even though most of the World Titles out there are World Titles the big question is are they big world titles? PWI has said that the TNA World Heavyweight championship is not on the level of wwes world titles.

Vince killed wrestling more than any one has, things will never be the same we have people trained on acting to be wrestlers instead of travelling everyday learning how to be true proffesional wrestlers. But i still watch the WWE because i love Pro wrestling not so much Sports entertainment only but i put up with it

Exactly, I know that wrestling promotions compete with each other and stuff but I don't understand why WWE can't acknowledge that Christian for example is a 4-time World Champion due to 2 ECW titles and 2 NWA world titles. I mean, TNA recognizes and refrences WWE all the time. A perfect example is when they talk about all of Team 3D's tag title reigns...

Even though most of the World Titles out there are World Titles the big question is are they big world titles? PWI has said that the TNA World Heavyweight championship is not on the level of wwes world titles.

That is because of all the titles Vince has consumed through buying them, I dont know where u got that from, if u could provide a link or something that would be good. But TNA is still a wrstling promotion that was once part of NWA, they defend their title all over the world so it has to be considered a Pro wrestling world title

Exactly, I know that wrestling promotions compete with each other and stuff but I don't understand why WWE can't acknowledge that Christian for example is a 4-time World Champion due to 2 ECW titles and 2 NWA world titles. I mean, TNA recognizes and refrences WWE all the time. A perfect example is when they talk about all of Team 3D's tag title reigns...

Because that is how childish vince is, he is in a position where he does not have to reconize or do anything he doesnt want.

And that's TNA's mistake. They pay too much attention to WWE who they aren't even in the league of competing with. WWE are keeping TNA on down low to kepe their fan base.

And they don't recognize his title reigns because 2 of them were in other companies while the other 2 were on a brand even they consider to be third rated.

It's a shame that more wrestling promotions don't do what TNA and NJPW do every once in a while. I mean, how cool would it be to see a WWE/TNA PPV or TV-Broadcast once a year or so?!

wrestlingfan For the last time, we understand that TNA is not on the same level as WWE but a World Title is a WORLD TITLE!!!! It seems like you're trying to argue just for the sake of arguing and it's getting kind of annoying to be honest...

And that's TNA's mistake. They pay too much attention to WWE who they aren't even in the league of competing with. WWE are keeping TNA on down low to kepe their fan base.

And they don't recognize his title reigns because 2 of them were in other companies while the other 2 were on a brand even they consider to be third rated.

Ok first of all VINCE IS NOT GOD OR KING he is just scared of loosing any attention, it would be better to promote hey i have this 4-time world champ, who cant even win my world title instead of being stuck up and ignoring it, I am more of a WWE fan than i am TNA but vince is too Childish

It's a shame that more wrestling promotions don't do what TNA and NJPW do every once in a while. I mean, how cool would it be to see a WWE/TNA PPV or TV-Broadcast once a year or so?!

wrestlingfan For the last time, we understand that TNA is not on the same level as WWE but a World Title is a WORLD TITLE!!!! It seems like you're trying to argue just for the sake of arguing and it's getting kind of annoying to be honest...

Than you...
And yes promotions used to do that kind of stuff all the time, and that is why vince at the same time of making wrestling better ruined it, it ias weird how it works.

No but promoting the fact that you have a guy who's been champion in other companies is good for business. ie. Brock Lesnar in UFC. They always bring up the fact that he was in WWE and he makes them the most money right now. When TNA brought in Booker T, they kept saying how he was a Champion everywhere he's been and he ended up being a huge draw for TNA. Could you imagine if WWE actually signed Sting to a contract tomorrow? They'd only recognize his WCW Title reigns. HOW STUPID WOULD THAT BE?!

No but promoting the fact that you have a guy who's been champion in other companies is good for business. ie. Brock Lesnar in UFC. They always bring up the fact that he was in WWE and he makes them the most money right now. When TNA brought in Booker T, they kept saying how he was a Champion everywhere he's been and he ended up being a huge draw for TNA. Could you imagine if WWE actually signed Sting to a contract tomorrow? They'd only recognize his WCW Title reigns. HOW STUPID WOULD THAT BE?!

Exactly that is why Sting will not sign, he is not made by vince so vince will just trash his character

Yes but that only works with growing promotions like TNA. Besides UFC isnt wrestling so you can mention anything there and nothing to worry about. If WWE go saying "he was a world champion in TNA" No one is going to care. half the WWE fanbase don't know what TNA is.

Maintevent Mafia was one of TNA's most successful and over stables. Their gimmick was that they were all former World Champions. Last time I checked, only Sting and Kurt Angle were ever TNA World Champions. Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, & Booker T all won their titles in either WCW or WWE. Look how over Daniel Bryan and CM Punk are in WWE. Even Seth Rollins (aka Tyler Black) is way over and he's only in FCW. Why are these guys so popular?! BECAUSE THEY WERE KNOWN OUTSIDE OF WWE! If WWE took advantage of that, they'd make so many more stars.

Yes but I can say even if they're known in other promotions its where they'll survive in WWE where most of the audience is 5 year olds and people that haven't even heard of anything but WWE.

Daniel Bryan in this case was lucky enough to make it largely because alot of petitions went on the IWC to get him back.

CM Punk got popular partly because he was in other promotions. He was in OVW a bit so that helped him but him being in other promos didnt necessarily help him given for a while he was on ECW.

Yes but that only works with growing promotions like TNA. Besides UFC isnt wrestling so you can mention anything there and nothing to worry about. If WWE go saying "he was a world champion in TNA" No one is going to care. half the WWE fanbase don't know what TNA is.

You're so ignorant towards other companies. It's like WWE is the only company that matters to you which leads me to think you know nothing about wrestling or any of it's history (cough Vince cough). I guarantee you that any fan of WWE knows what TNA is...You think Daniel Bryan would be over with the crowd if he wasn't already established outside of WWE? I don't...I'm not saying you have to like TNA or any other company, but atleast recognize the fact that they are there and are fairly established. They're on tv for a reason afterall... Again, if we were to all think like you, Ric Flair would only be a 12 time champion (8 WCW, 2 WCW international, & 2 WWF)

You're so ignorant towards other companies. It's like WWE is the only company that matters to you which leads me to think you know nothing about wrestling or any of it's history (cough Vince cough). I guarantee you that any fan of WWE knows what TNA is...You think Daniel Bryan would be over with the crowd if he wasn't already established outside of WWE? I don't...I'm not saying you have to like TNA or any other company, but atleast recognize the fact that they are there and are fairly established. They're on tv for a reason afterall... Again, if we were to all think like you, Ric Flair would only be a 12 time champion (8 WCW, 2 WCW international, & 2 WWF)

I know right, i think he just may not know much about the indies or something because that is where the next breakout stars are, vince doesnt have ECW to go raid for talent anymore.

wrestlingfan I really do seem to think u have a flawed since of logic here u make random arguments that are pointless and that are ill researched. The fact that a promotion recognizes another wrestler's accomplishments isn't a bad thing what the WWE tries to do is not even recognize it due to the sole fact that they want to be considered the only wrestling company around

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back