• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will be Orton's Austin?

Very nice threads, and I am glad I came to this site. Orton dose remind me a ton of Austin, more than anyone else at this moment. I think he plays a better role as a heel than Austin ever did. Austin was the ultimate bad good guy. Both characters were very clear as to their agenda's, and controversies. Austin wasn't about becomming famous, or being a legend. Orton definitely looking to set the bar a little higher than what it was, but for himself.

They are both about themselves in the end. They just have gone their own creative ways with it. Orton may not drink beer, or identify with the common man, but he has the natural ability to make you respect him in the ring. Austin could drive the place nuts with voice alone. Orton doesn't have that. He has had to use controversial mic work, example would be when he mentioned Eddie's death, and used it in an angle. A different kind of shock value thats all.

As for who will be his Austin, since they are the same imo then that would mean who be his Rock? Austin's arch nemesis was The Rock/Vince. Ortons will be HHH/Stephanie. HHH is still at the top of his game, and I think he and Orton have enough time to build a classic feud. After all HHH helped Orton become who he is with Evolution. That is solid enough history. With the recent events with Stephanie and Orton I wouldn't be shocked. These two have had solid feuds in the past, but I think the WWE is building up to something special. the king of kings v.s the legend killer.

TBH I think you have this completely backwards. In no way does Orton remind me of the Rock, except for maybe getting a few cheers while being a heel. Orton reminds me way more of Stone Cold in the sense that he just kicks everyones ass. He's gonna use Legacy to get what he wants, and when he doesn't have it, he's gonna kick their ass too. Austin destroyed anyone who got in his way, Orton does the same.

John Cena is way more like the Rock imo, for obvious reasons. Including his overall ring work, the pops he gets, his way of doing promo's (intense and original), and, while he lacks the more humorous stuff Rock has done, he still does it every now and then. Cena's also got that "people's" attitude about him. He always talks about how he loves the fans, blahblahblah, and the Rock didn't neccessarily say that, but it was obvious based on the way he cut his promo's about being the People's Champ that he was down with the crowd.

You can't see me. The champ is here. Chain Gang. Etc., all are things I could see the rock pulling off. Orton's slithery ways, his lack of trust for anyone, and the way he decimates people; all of these things remind me of Austin.
I completely agree. I see Orton as more of the guy feuding the administration, with Cena being brought in to help, exactly like the Rock was.

Ortan's Austin will be..........EDGE. He's, in this wrestling fan's opinion, THE BEST PERFORMER ON THE WWE ROSTER. I think if they found a way to turn Edge into a face, ORTAN vs EGDE would be a wrestlemania headliner in the not too distiant future. other than Edge, i guess Cena, but he's getting a little boring now-a-days. Maybe CM punk down the road, as well.

After what happened monday, i foresee orton BECOMING the next austin. Heel turn for Vince and a face turn for Orton. The whole legacy thing is kinda stupid cause they are all just bent on orton getting the title. Its like Evolution with HHH. Unless the group is commited to choas they are just an excuse to give someone a title and let them hold on to it by the hair on there nutts cause the team interfered.

:samurai:

Orton doesn't need an Austin, he is the Austin. Orton need a Rock, which i hav no idea where they could go with that. It can't be on Creatives mind yet seeing as tho Randy vs Trips is set and Trips is too old to be Rock and he doesn't hav near close as much fan cheer/heat is need to fill his shoes, His time has past anyways. I would say John Cena, but Cena has never been involved in anything recently that could spark that. Jeff Hardy being slowly taken away from action. The only other person that could be Orton rival is Batista. Batista was injured because of a punt by Randy, haven't been friends since Evolution, years of history, if Batista could get over as a baby face, he would be ortons Rock

Cena...I see John Cena as the companys biggest young face to take on Orton as the companys biggest young heel over the next ten years. They really should have had that first one on one encounter at this years WM although I'm not complaining about the matches they're appearing to be giving us. I could see them having one of those great rivalrys we will talk about for years and I expect these two young men to be in the HOF one day as they have the credentials to be two of the greatest of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back