• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should WWE push for the WWE championship after the Miz?

vampireblade

Simply Amazing
So I looked around and there has not been a thread on this posted yet to my knowledge.

As we all know the Miz is getting his big push for the WWE title however what about post Miz push who should it be

i think it should be Zack Ryder i'm not saying this because i'm part of the Zack pack i am saying this because of his in ring talent he is very talented and has proved himself as a singles wrestler and with the little chance he has had to prove himself on the mic he has done so. Ryder is extremely talented and I believe he deserves a good push into main event status hes been a midcard way too long.

But I wanna know who you guys the wrestlezone community think should get the WWE title push after Miz?

Miz is about third or fourth on my list of "People who should hold the WWE championship before this year is out" right behind Wade Barrett, John Cena and possibly Randy Orton.

While, yes Miz is an asset who can just abouyt pull off an ok match and cut a good promo he does still need a bit of build before he's ready to take the title. Mostly because he's still losing to ME tallent and getting his cashins scuppered at every turn.

To answer the question, maybe Morrison if he can get over. Danielson in a year or two. Evan Bourne if he gwets built up enough. With enough build it could be any upper midcarder. Except DiBiase, who is terrible.

I don't know entirely who I think should be pushed, but I'd very much like to see somebody new. Maybe somebody like Daniel Bryan or John Morrison. John Morrison deserves a decent title run and Daniel Bryan has all the potential in the world. It worked for Sheamus and Swagger, so why not Bryan? Wade Barrett is one of my top 3 to gain a World Championship soon aswell, he has lots of potential aswell and he's great on the mic and in ring.

Those are my thoughts anyway, I just get quite bored of seeing the same people over and over again.

Too early to tell. I mean, it can take just one night for a wrestler to go from career-midcarder to potential main event star. The night Miz called out John Cena, the night John Cena laid down his first rap, the night The Rock cut his first heel promo etc. etc.

Very rarely are stars consistently built up from bottom to top anymore. I can't remember the last time that happened. CM Punk maybe? Nah, he's not even a proper main eventer. Consistent building up from the start of their career in WWE just doesn't happen very much, wrestlers usually are given a chance to show what they can do, one chance that can last for a few weeks. With that one chance, a wrestler can show potential that they've never shown before. Again, look at my examples above.

So really, the Miz might not even cash-in until around Wrestlemania time, and that's about 8 months away, and a whole lot of stuff can happen in that amount of time in the wrestling industry. 8 months ago, who would've thought Wade Barrett would be one of the top heels on Raw? No one. We know Morrison has generally bad mic skills, but he might be repackaged into a gimmick that allows him to cut good promos, like the Dashing gimmick did for Cody Rhodes.

But if I had to pick the next first-time champion after the Miz... Well, it would have to be Barrett. The guy can talk, he can wrestle, and he's over. Honestly, I think he's better than Sheamus at the moment. So yeah, I would like to see Barrett with the title within the next year. Unless Alberto Del Rio moves to Raw. Hell yeah.

I think the next person in line who should be pushed for the WWE Championship after The Miz should be either Evan Bourne OR John Morrison.

John Morrison has been in WWE for AGES now! All he has under his belt at the moment is a Tag Team Championship and Mid-Card Championship run and a shot for the World HeavyWeight Championship against Jeff Hardy. This guy can pull off about ANY move and he can give you a five star match on any given night and could give anybody the match of their career if he wanted! He has markertable look... He has the In-Ring Ability... The only thing holding him back are his microphone skills which could use a little work, but over time he can improve with that! It really irritates me that WWE does not put this guy to more use he can sell (anybody remember the ankle?) He is the total package! He's paid his dues might as well push him! John Morrison is way overdue for a push and should be the next guy who breaks into the Main Event scene!

Evan Bourne I don't exactly know what happened with this guy? At first he was being pushed to the stars having CLASSIC matches with Chris Jericho beating him clean and also sharing the same ring with guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, and Edge. Evan Bourne was suppose to be the guy they use to set an example that size does not matter, but recently that whole idea has been pushed to the side along with Evan Bourne... Evan Bourne has GREAT In-Ring Ability... Not the Marketable look (because of his size) or the microphone skills, but he is a face with flashy moves and faces don't exactly need to speak on the microphone a lot compared to Heels.

Both John Morrison and Evan Bourne should be in line to break into the Main Event scene and to be pushed for the WWE Championship! The only thing holding these guys back are there promos skills which can improve over time! The only other person I can see also getting a possibly push after The Miz is Wade Barrett.

I think this is the biggest problem wrestling fans have today. Miz is getting a slow, prolonged build, the way we used to like it. Now, he hasn't even won the championship, and we're talking about who should get it AFTER him. Talk about a short attention span and not being able to allow yourself to enjoy what you're seeing.

Daniel Bryan. Preferably before the Miz, actually.

I can just see it now. Night of Champions; Miz versus Daniel Bryan for the US Title, giving Bryan a solid, definitive win. One where we all look at each other and say "there's no way he can cash in tonight." Bryan picks up the title, and then calls for a mic, looking down at the Miz, and cuts "I didn't finally come to the WWE to be second best (looks at the US Title) and I certainly didn't wipe the mat with you for this. I'm here to be the best...And I'm here now for the briefcase."

And the rest would be history. Bryan cashes in after a 6-Pack challenge, and we get to see the Best in the World defend against the Miz and whoever he screws over for the WWE Title, which they're likely to redesign very soon with a new logo, anyways. New Logo, new belt, brand new faces in the main event scene. Hot damn, I'd watch that.

The only other person I can see also getting a possibly push after The Miz is Wade Barrett.

Just throwing this out there. The stage is set up now for Barrett to win the title at NoC with Nexus interference. We'll see Nexus jumping in and causing all hell to break loose and Barrett scores the pinfall someone who's beat down...most likely Shameus. Then later down the line, Miz cashes in on Barrett making Miz face. I see him now being pushed along with Miz for the WWE title.

In my opinion the only person who as of now deserves to be pushed to the ME is morrison. To some people including me, he can be the next HBK. All he needs to do is work on his mic skills and here we have the new HBK.

ted dibiase all the way that way maryse can get over and they can start building the diva's up more so no more zzzzzzzz onj the card,
think about it you know it makes sense

In terms of pure wrestling ability, Morrison and Ryder both are very good. Mic skills, Miz is a God. And look/persona wise, Barret is a quicker version of Batista (power moves, added speed, cocky heel). Bourne and Danielson have a tremendous amount of TALENT, but not the "look". Vince has been stuck on big, huge guys for years. Bourne was given a quick push to prove the small guys could hang with the ME's, but with Danielson here now that push has gone away. Being "internet" wrestling fans has exposed us to a wide variety of talent, like Danielson. But in the simple WWE world (talent aside), I doubt that younger viewers would have any idea who he is or what he can do. If a viewer sees a big guy, eg. Sheamus, beat a little guy, eg. Bourne, they think its real. A little guy beats a big guy requires the viewer to look at how the wrestlers have used what they know. No little kid watches a movies and wonders how many explosives were used for an effect. Sadly, the WWE, with its young fan base cannot successfully push a smaller statured person to the biggest company title because they won't get how someone like Bryan could beat someone like Sheamus or Cena (a bigger person).:banghead: The only way I could see Danielson as champ is if they bring back "ruthless aggression". Miz has become more aggressive and has soared through the ranks. Danielson needs to bulk up, get aggressive, and pwn. Otherwise Barret and his bigguns will stay up top.

I would have to say Morrison, he has been awesome for a long time now, but the next HBK...come on really???? Pleeease. Morrison may immulate some of HBK, but he doesnt even come close to wrestling or mic ability. In saying that I would much rather see him as WWE Champ than Miz.

Wade Barrett has a really good chance at winning the WWE championship at Night of Champions so he might actually beat The Miz to that accomplishment.

The person I see getting the push after Miz's comes to fruition would be Ted Dibiase Jr. Now I know he's not great in any department but the sweet sweet gimmick he ripped off from his much more talented father has plenty of steam left in it. All he really needs is some wins, work on the mic, work in the ring... Damn, forget it. Just re-push Evan Bourne.

Listen Up Idiots:

Before you can push this guy the WWE needs to bring him back. I'm talking about one of the all-time greats: SIMON DEAN

He is awesome. He speaks the truth and puts out a great product. The Simon System changed my life.

Also I'd like to see WWE push Kerwin White, R-Truth, King Booker, and Nailz.

Listen Up Idiots:

Before you can push this guy the WWE needs to bring him back. I'm talking about one of the all-time greats: SIMON DEAN

He is awesome. He speaks the truth and puts out a great product. The Simon System changed my life.

Also I'd like to see WWE push Kerwin White, R-Truth, King Booker, and Nailz.

really simon dean kerwin white king booker isnt even wrestling in wwe anymore or going by king booker for that matter we are talking bout guys who could get a push not some guy who tryed and failed miserably at being a fitness guru simon dean was a horrible gimmick it was funny but it was a miracle they did not release him sooner then they did

really simon dean kerwin white king booker isnt even wrestling in wwe anymore or going by king booker for that matter we are talking bout guys who could get a push not some guy who tryed and failed miserably at being a fitness guru simon dean was a horrible gimmick it was funny but it was a miracle they did not release him sooner then they did

He is attempting to troll, aka trying to be cute.

Fact of the matter is this. The top three people that deserve to be pushed despite their looks are Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, and John Morrison.

The funny thing about this, is that I could see Daniel Bryan getting a push, if they put him into a tweener position. Now, I know a lot of people say people want tweeners way too often. I'm not one of those, I do think that this would work for him.

Evan Bourne will probably only get his chance on Smackdown, and that's sad. Because his talent is absolutely amazing, his mic skills are obsolete but who cares.

John Morrison, he's good, not great in the ring. He's a [ I figure ] proud member of the Dial Tone Personality Club card or whatever they have that sig for. Reason why I say he's proud of it, is because he doesn't work on trying to gain charisma.

Regardless of that being said though, it's just like anymore, watching wrestling... it's slowly getting to either a main eventer or a comedy spot, or jobber.

To add on to my previous comments, I wish they'd stick with so many guys being the top main eventers, and then get back to having prestige to the secondary titles again. Aka, IC & US. Allowing them to fight on TV more often, than just on TV.

I guess I'm crazy but how about no one. Edge, Jericho, Cena, Orton, are all former champs. With the MITB the Mizz has joined the title picture & Wade Barrett seems to be getting into it as well. On Smackdown Swagger, Undertaker, Mysterio, & Punk are all former champs. Everyone can't be in the hunt for the World & WWE titles. I'd even the talent on the shows out a bit more if anything else. I know you need a more draw power in Raw but the show has to many superstars. Not enough time for them all.

Bryan Danielson if he gets himself over very quickly if not him. I'd like to see Bourne or Morrison get the push for the belt, they are two of the most talented people in WWE and definitely deserve it. I would also like to see Ted Dibiase get the belt as I think he's one of the most underrated people in WWE.

ok i would like to see kozlov get outta his stupid comedy act with santino and get in the title picture. THE MAN IS A MACHINE!!! His size and strength are very good. Sure he needs better mic skills but he's still good.

I think this is the biggest problem wrestling fans have today. Miz is getting a slow, prolonged build, the way we used to like it. Now, he hasn't even won the championship, and we're talking about who should get it AFTER him. Talk about a short attention span and not being able to allow yourself to enjoy what you're seeing.

I agree a 100% on this post , I mean tlk about not waiting for your eggs to hatch lol there is already talk of him being the first MITB winner to lose the match but I'd say if he does win Bryan will probably fued with him over it.

Daniel Bryan you people? Really?
Daniel Bryan is just an over rated guy who has made a living out of internet trolling, the guy has in ring skills, no doubt, but is he at the entertainment level of John cena, Randy orton, Edge, and so on? No he isn't. The only Daniel Bryan i've seen in the wwe, is the guy who was on Nxt losing every match but a few at the end, feuding with a mid-carder like the miz, and helping nexus attack john cena, then he got lost, and all of sudden he comes back and he's a wwe title contender now? The guy has yet to create himself a name in the wwe, because if he wins a title in the next 3 months or so it would be the ultimate show of how cheap is the wwe title these days. I would rather have Morrison, Evan bourne, or even Matt Hardy become wwe champions before daniel bryan. Sure, Daniel Bryan is good for taking the US title away from the Miz, and having one or two good semi-main event feuds, but that guy being the face of raw right now? No way.

Well you have to look at the roster, first off Miz needs a big push to take and hold the WWE championship. This run needs to be like one of Rick Flairs runs or even Macho Man's like where he won it at WM4 and kept it till WM5. Miz should go though starts like Cena who doesn't deserve a title shot to begin with lately. He needs to lose to someone like Ted DiBiase after beating Randy Orton, Sheamus, Chris Jericho, Edge and Wade Barrett. Ted DiBiase is the next best choise after the Miz. Both these guys need pushes. but not the 2-3 month pushes, we need a LONG run. The Miz, awesome, he is great on the Mic, great in the ring and he backs up what he says. The Miz, your next WWE champion.

I think that Daneil Bryan will get a chance at the title. But probably not real soon. I think the next guy that WWE might push after Miz will be Morrison Bourne or Dibiase.

i completely agree. people complain about stars having 9 title reigns but refuse to let stories develop. enjoy whats now and not 3 archs in the future.

but, to answer the question. the only "new" person i see with the belt would be Barrett. JoMo would be good but he'll be with DeBiase for awhile. Which is good, they can both work on their mic skills at midcard together. Evan Bourne is a mute, the most i've seen him talk is during the "summerslam event" where they go to the library and stuff.

i think the truth is that we'll have one more Jericho run before he hangs up his boots, Ortons got a fat contract for like 8 years so expect the wwe to capitalize on his popularity, and of course a Cena run in between EVERYBODY else, maybe even a 3rd Shaemus before any "new" stars get the gold.

He is attempting to troll, aka trying to be cute.

Fact of the matter is this. The top three people that deserve to be pushed despite their looks are Daniel Bryan, Evan Bourne, and John Morrison.

The funny thing about this, is that I could see Daniel Bryan getting a push, if they put him into a tweener position. Now, I know a lot of people say people want tweeners way too often. I'm not one of those, I do think that this would work for him.

Evan Bourne will probably only get his chance on Smackdown, and that's sad. Because his talent is absolutely amazing, his mic skills are obsolete but who cares.

John Morrison, he's good, not great in the ring. He's a [ I figure ] proud member of the Dial Tone Personality Club card or whatever they have that sig for. Reason why I say he's proud of it, is because he doesn't work on trying to gain charisma.

Regardless of that being said though, it's just like anymore, watching wrestling... it's slowly getting to either a main eventer or a comedy spot, or jobber.

To add on to my previous comments, I wish they'd stick with so many guys being the top main eventers, and then get back to having prestige to the secondary titles again. Aka, IC & US. Allowing them to fight on TV more often, than just on TV.

I'm NOT trying to be cute - those guys are some of the best gimmicks of all time. You know Simon Dean is almost as electrifying as The Rock.

But ok current superstars yeah definitely GOLDUST - he is awesome and deserves to be champ! Also Chavo Guerrero and Zach Ryder, yes I'm being serious. I sure miss Batista!!

Bill Lesnar believes that Alex Riley is due a wwe title push. Bill Lesnar knows that Riley has what it takes in terms of mic skills and in ring ability. Bill Lesnar might personally push this idea to vince Mcmahon himself

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back