• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who should WWE push for the WWE championship after the Miz?

I'm NOT trying to be cute - those guys are some of the best gimmicks of all time. You know Simon Dean is almost as electrifying as The Rock.

But ok current superstars yeah definitely GOLDUST - he is awesome and deserves to be champ! Also Chavo Guerrero and Zach Ryder, yes I'm being serious. I sure miss Batista!!

Are you sure you didn't hit your head? I mean come on bringing back Simon Dean for a title shot would be bad and comparing him to Rock? You must have hit your head.

Chavo won't get a title shot hell he probably won't have a job for much longer. As for Ryder he might get a shot in a year or two. And I'm glad Batista is gone cause that mean having to not look at one more jacked up "wrestler"

John Morrison, he's good, not great in the ring.

WHAT THE FUCK, morrison is great in the ring, next hbk no, does he have charisma yes but in his current gimmick he can't show it, that is absolutely stupid, yes morrison has horrible mic skills but do not even GO there.

Here's my idea, instead of pushing all these guys, how about this, lets be honest, pretty much everyone not in the ME deserves to be in the ME (excluding santino and crew) even yoshi could be there, but instead of pushing them, how about just giving them time to put on quality matches, wwe has one of the best midcard-undercard right now and it severely underutilized. Its like the Divas division only in this case they can actually wrestle and don't sell by squealing.

thats my real pick, but my secondary pick would be, none other than, YOSHI TATSU, now hear me out, the man is stellar in the ring, he brings a much needed technical base that the E is obviously trying to shore up by bringing people like Bryan, and, look around, in the entire ME scene and midcard scene, he is the only asian wrestler, hell, he might be the only asian wrestler in the E right now, that on its own makes him deserving of a push, ME no, but a push

Am I missing something here?

Morrison destroyed the Miz on that Smackdown episode when they were cutting promos on each other. Not only that but not too long ago, Morrison had the IWC in the palm of his hands when he was the leading man on ECW.

I just find it so funny how some of the IWC can turn their backs on wrestlers so quickly. It was done with Swagger, Ryder, and Morrison. I even remember when Batista was so damn hated as a face but then worshipped as a heel.

By the way, I agree with most of the peeps here. Morrison should be pushed next.

I'm gonna have to vote for Barrett. With the build-up the dude's had with Nexus, a title run is the next thing needed to cement the guy as a star. He's got the look, wrestling and promo skill needed to main event.

Morrison all the way. He is fast, in shape, agile, great moves, and he's able to wrestle any kind of match. He may not have the mic skills of HBK, but I think he is much more entertaining to watch. Evan Bourne is just too small. He's a great high flyer, but Morrison is equally as good and has the size to be believable in competition with most wrestlers. In other words, Evan is Rudy. I can't stand the miz, he is a dull as it gets. He is only an effective heel because he is so unlikable. No one with a faux hawk should ever hold a world title

I'm really hoping the next push is for either JoMo, Evan Bourne or R Truth, all three of them have great in ring skills very over with the fan and R Truths mic skills are definitely above average. That would put him slightly ahead of JoMo and Bourne.

Bryan would be the other choice I guess.

I guess I'd have to go with Wade Barrett the moment. I think with the help of the Nexus, he could have the title for a few months which would be nice. I'd also like to see Bourne with it, but his reign wouldn't last long no doubt. That being said, I think it is entirely too soon for this question, we don't even know if Miz will win yet.

Also, let's not kid ourselves here. The returning HHH will certainly want another run shortly after his comeback. This will be even more evident if Sheamus is still carrying the strap upon his return. If Trips does indeed plan on breaking Flair's record, another reing will have to come soon, no?

Who exactly is saying that The Miz is the first one in line to be pushed towards the WWE championship right now? We could very well be seeing Wade Barrett win at Nights of Champions and remain champion for a bit of a while before The Miz cashes in on him, or the guy that Wade looses to.

But really if Miz is in the line for the first championship after Sheamus, then Wade Barrett needs to become the one to push afterwards. He is definitely one of the best in terms of potential to carry the world title of those who needs to be pushed towards it. He has already been paired against numerous main event wrestlers, and definitely will time will be more than fitting to carry the world title, if he isn't already.

So it's either Wade Barrett, or nobody. At least for now, because there's really nobody else with any momentum or position on the card to get a WWE championship, or worth pushing towards it just yet, except for Miz and Barrett.

I actually have a few guys I'd want to see face the Miz for the WWE title.

Wade Barrett This guy is absolute gold on the mic, in the ring, and in my mind can legitimately challenge Jericho as "the best in the world at what he does." A guy this great who can carry a storyline and make it as interesting as the Nexus angle has been, deserves a shot at the most prestigious championship in the WWE.

Daniel Bryan This guy has the fan support behind him to make a great feud when he's eventually pushed. Daniel Bryan has the technical ability and skills on the mic to be a legitimate number one contender or WWE champion. Unfortunately, Vince isn't high on guys Bryan's size.

Finally, John Morrison I believe its been a long time coming that Morrison finally gets his push. This guy is gold and unbelievably entertaining in the ring. He also sells moves like a champ (ala the RKO he took on Raw). Also, the feud everyone's been talking about lately on the forums is what could have been Miz vs Morrison. If Morrison is pushed then we can finally see that feud and even for the WWE title.

I say Daniel Bryann so they could feud for a while, then Bryann will keep it until JOHN MORRISION shows up and ask for a title shot, so they feud until Morrision wins.

Wade Barret might be in front of The Miz in line for the title, I mean he's in the 6 pack match at NOC, so he might win it. But not counting Barret I would like to see Daniel Bryan get a push towards the World Title, when he left I didn't really know what the big fuss about him was but I'm starting to like him now. I think he should be pushed because he has the "it" factor and could be a pretty good World Champion.

Am Sorry To Say But Zack Ryders The Completle Wrong Figure For The Title .
I Think Wade Barret Would Be A Great Champion .. Him Or ..

Kofi Kingston Because He Has The Athletismin That No WWE Champion Has Had .
He Would Become Like A Big Hype And Become One Of The Greatest Champions .

Evan Bourne Came To Mind As Did John Morrison And The Hart Dynstan Because Of The Name Hart Manily .. But Probs Not

Believe or not outside of the Nexus....R-Truth. For some reason Truth's the most over mid-card guy after the Miz. Evan Bourne's at a disadvantage because of his size.The Nexus guy i.e Barret are clear shoe-ins and with his incusion in the N.O.C mainevent, its obvious that Barret's next in line.

First off, the Miz should get title after Jericho wins it at Night of Champions. That lets Jericho leave as injured as opposed to having to quit. Miz gets title. Next feuds with Miz are numerous.

1. Barrett -- leader of Nexus get first shot.
2. Daniel Bryan -- for obvious reasons.
3. Nexus representative -- They could have Barrett lose to the Miz, then having the rest of Nexus have a match either on Raw or a PPV to make one of them the #1 contender. They could win title, turn face, and have to feud with Barrett who would be P.O.d that they won belt before him. Barrett gets it next and then that could also set stage for breakup of Nexus.

I believe what may or may not happen is that Jericho will win the title at Night of Champions, only for The Miz to cash in on him and win the championship. This leads to who I believe should be the next obvious push for the championship. The next in line after The Miz will obviously be Barrett. After a few more months of proving he can hang with the big boys in non-title feuds he will fight for the championship.

Barrett is the most deserving in my opinion as he seems the most championship ready for the new crop of talent to come in the WWE which is why he won season one of NXT. After Barrett wins the belt Daniel Bryan will be the next in line to bring the Nexus/Daniel Bryan storyline full circle.

How about...nobody.

The WWE Championship scene is already getting overcrowded. We have Miz and Wade Barrett ready to take the title, we have John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, a returning Triple H, and Edge and Jericho as people who can drift in and out of title contention. There is simply no room right at the moment for any more main eventers, and with the rumored title unifications, the main event scene will be even MORE crowded.

There's nothing wrong with building people up into upper-midcarders. They can have feuds with other midcarders, and eventually they can move into the main event scene later on. But right now, right after Miz, no one should be added to the WWE Championship scene.

alberto del rio would be great but he just debuted so john morrison or barrett need a push in wwe rite now.evan bourne and danialson arent ready for a WWE CHAMPION MATCH

After, Miz, I'd push Zak to the moon. He's done a great job in the very little time he's had to show his work. He was doing a hell of a job on ECW before it was gone. Zak's gimmick is unique and could catch the eye of the fans given the right push. He's got some nice moves and look so hopefully something will happen.

Right now? Nobody. On the Raw brand I see no one who is ready for the ME who isn't already involved in it. All the mid-carders are firmly in place and need a few years more seasoning.
If I had to say a name though I'd hope for CM Punk to get sent over to Raw and get a big push towards the belt. If and when Jericho leaves I think Punk could do a brilliant job filling that void. Granted he can't help but throw the IWC a bone every once and again thus getting the occasional cheer, but by and large he gets heat and knows how to work a heel gimmick very well.

I agree with Doc. Too many people in the picture already, plus Wade Barrett just got tossed in. Keep in mind Kaval has a title shot now too. Del Rio isn't ready either, down the road sure but at this point the idea is just laughable. Also, Jericho might actually win the belt (doubt it) and avoid leaving. Right now there are just too many guys and too many possibilities for any other mid carders to be brought up. I also just don't think anybody else is ready. I don't want R Truth to get the belt, no need to push guys without any purpose to it. Nobody needs the push after Miz.

Yea id say Daniel Bryan, followed by Wade Barett. Evan Bourne because he has the crowd well and truly behind him all he needs is a descent build up, Then i would say John Morrison, he could win the Royal Rumble and become the next big thing. But because WWE wants to unify the all of its titles (which will be the worst move in the history of the company) i would say there will be less pushes.

In my opinion the only person who as of now deserves to be pushed to the ME is morrison. To some people including me, he can be the next HBK. All he needs to do is work on his mic skills and here we have the new HBK.

Assuming Miz wins the world title next, when he cashes in the MITB, the next world title contender, and maybe winner, I think will be Wade Barrett. He's the leader of the stable that's been main eventing Raw and he has a world title shot coming up at a PPV.

As for your comment about Morrison. There will never be another HBK. Shawn has more charisma and ring psychology in his pinky finger than anyone in the WWE today has in their whole body.

Nobody.....I am just thinking when Miz will cash on his MITB.....and the ME scene is too crowded on RAW.......right now no one...may be bryan danielson later but not now

If the proposed merge of titles goes ahead, someone elses push could be years away.
I think Raw has already got plenty of people to keep pushing. If you've already started pushing two people to the hilt (Awesome-o and Barrett) you might as well finish what you started. Unless they get busted drinking with Serena from the SES.
To answer the question, and eliminating the Miz and Barrett since they are already on their way, I'd have to look to the future somewhat, since these two joining the already crowded main event scene makes another newbie seem a long way off.
My pick is Skip Sheffield. Way off course, I know, but hear (or read) me out.
Sheffield will return a long way down the track. He has the whole Vince cookie-cutter look going for him, in addition to traditionally being a face. Keeping in mind this is a long way down the line, Sheffield returns with Barrett in a strong position, only for Skip to find he's not in favour any more. Give him the default Batista "Animal" gimmick, coupled with being wronged by the former Nexus members, and you have a title worthy push. A long way down the line.

JoMo. To be honest, I have no idea why he was drafted to raw in the first place. Had he stayed on SD! he'd probably have won mitb or be next in line after taker for the title. But I'd push him next cause his feud with ted aint goin anywhere. That and if miz wins the title, they might rekindle the miz/jomo rivalry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back